PDA

View Full Version : Hey SicEm (or anyone else that goes to Baylor)

tommieharris91
1/25/2008, 12:35 AM
I just went to a friend who just transferred from Baylor, and what did she happen to be drinking??? ZIMA!! She had a 6-pack of Zimas, and drank them all!! So I thought "I wonder what SicEm would think of his gal..." I also wondered if this was a Baylor thing, or just a random occurance. I know private school people tend to be kinda snobby and would drink Zimas just so that they would show that they are not part of the proletariat, but this occurance piqued my curiosity.

GottaHavePride
1/25/2008, 12:38 AM
A snobby person that wanted to "not be part of the proletariat" would be conspicuously drinking a very expensive Belgian beer that cost $11 a bottle, not mass-produced crap. ;)

Or they would be slowly drinking a very expensive scotch, pretending they actually enjoy the large stinky cigar they're holding. :D

SicEmBaylor
1/25/2008, 12:41 AM
lol, well...

Malted beverages do seem to be pretty popular here. Honestly, I've never had Zima in my entire life and have never even seen someone drinking it. Hell, I've never seen plain old Zima even sold in the stores.

Having said that, I've drank a HELL of a lot Smirnoff Ice and Bacardi Silver and there are a lot of people that routinely drink that stuff down here.

Now, I have a question. Is she hot, does she know me, and are you going to hit it?

SicEmBaylor
1/25/2008, 12:42 AM
Or they would be slowly drinking a very expensive scotch, pretending they actually enjoy the large stinky cigar they're holding. :D

That's pretty close to describing me and my little group here at the BU, but I'd truly be enjoying the cigar while only pretending to enjoy the expensive scotch straight up. I love hard liquor but I can't drink it straight or even on the rocks though I like to pose.

Sooner_Havok
1/25/2008, 12:43 AM
lol, well...

Malted beverages do seem to be pretty popular here. Honestly, I've never had Zima in my entire life and have never even seen someone drinking it. Hell, I've never seen plain old Zima even sold in the stores.

Having said that, I've drank a HELL of a lot Smirnoff Ice and Bacardi Silver and there are a lot of people that routinely drink that stuff down here.

Now, I have a question. Is she hot, does she know me, and are you going to hit it?

To answer you questions in order:

No
Yes
Yes

And what the hell is wrong with cigars!!! One of them and a snifter of brandy and would would be a whole lot happier right now

silverwheels
1/25/2008, 12:47 AM
Heh. Malt beverages.

Sooner_Havok
1/25/2008, 12:47 AM
That's pretty close to describing me and my little group here at the BU, but I'd truly be enjoying the cigar while only pretending to enjoy the expensive scotch straight up. I love hard liquor but I can't drink it straight or even on the rocks though I like to pose.

Wuss, walk into a bar and order that Glenlivet neat!

GottaHavePride
1/25/2008, 12:50 AM

Scotch gets a splash of cold water, that's all. And different scotches have different personalities. The Balvenie is a lot easier to drink than The Dalwhinnie.

SicEmBaylor
1/25/2008, 12:50 AM
Heh. Malt beverages.
I think it's GHP who loves it when I call them malted beverages. ;)

SicEmBaylor
1/25/2008, 12:51 AM
Scotch gets a splash of cold water, that's all. And different scotches have different personalities. The Balvenie is a lot easier to drink than The Dalwhinnie.

I never cared for Scotch -- I prefer bourbon.

tommieharris91
1/25/2008, 12:58 AM
lol, well...

Now, I have a question. Is she hot? yes, does she know me? dunno, and are you going to hit it?yes

It was a Zima citrus malt beverage. I thought it was gross and happily stayed with the Bud Light and Sam Adams Light that I brought.

SicEmBaylor
1/25/2008, 12:59 AM
It was a Zima citrus malt beverage. I thought it was gross and happily stayed with the Bud Light and Sam Adams Light that I brought.

Shiner seems to be the most popular beer with people that I know down here. I know that's typically what I drink and everyone else I know of but it depends on the situation.

You go to OU, right?

How is she liking that crappy 3.2 crap up there? I brought my roommates back a 6 pack of Okie Shiner after Thanksgiving break and they couldn't even finish an entire bottle they thought it was so bad.

tommieharris91
1/25/2008, 01:08 AM
She probably doesn't realize that the beer sux up here, but her roommate that transferred from Notre Dame hates it completely and hates convenience store beer here.

SicEmBaylor
1/25/2008, 01:15 AM
She probably doesn't realize that the beer sux up here, but her roommate that transferred from Notre Dame hates it completely and hates convenience store beer here.

Yep.

Poor girl, having to transfer to OU AND drink ****ty beer. :D

(jk)

tommieharris91
1/25/2008, 01:48 AM
At least they get to see real football... :cool:

NYC Poke
1/25/2008, 02:03 AM
Was there a Jolly Rancher involved?*

*In the interests of bandwidth, sheephumping jokes are disallowed.

SicEmBaylor
1/25/2008, 02:11 AM
Was there a Jolly Rancher involved?*

*In the interests of bandwidth, sheephumping jokes are disallowed.

I can't poke fun (no pun intended). I may be switching to OSU after next semester. =(

Rogue
1/25/2008, 07:11 AM
I can't poke fun (no pun intended). I may be switching to OSU after next semester. =(

Perfect!:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/25/2008, 07:29 AM
I can't poke fun (no pun intended). I may be switching to OSU after next semester. =(How many ****ing hours do you have? 47 gajillion?

SicEmBaylor
1/25/2008, 04:04 PM
How many ****ing hours do you have? 47 gajillion?
A lot.

Boarder
1/25/2008, 04:23 PM
You're right, it's so easy to tell the difference between 3.2% Oklahoma Coors Light and 4.2% Texas Coors Light.

SicEmBaylor
1/25/2008, 04:26 PM
You're right, it's so easy to tell the difference between 3.2% Oklahoma Coors Light and 4.2% Texas Coors Light.

I don't know about Coors Light, but you can sure tell a difference in the Shiner.

Boarder
1/25/2008, 04:30 PM
Shiner Bock's 4.4%

You may be able to guess correctly in a taste test a few times but you won't know the difference in 1.2% alcohol.

BillyBall
1/25/2008, 05:19 PM
Shiner Bock's 4.4%

You may be able to guess correctly in a taste test a few times but you won't know the difference in 1.2% alcohol.

I agree, you cant tell by taste. Only way to know is how much quicker or slower it takes you to get ****ed up.