PDA

View Full Version : Whos Side are you on?

Sooner_Havok
1/24/2008, 10:01 PM
I keep seeing stuff about a hacker group targeting the "Church" of Scientology (http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/%22Anonymous%22_releases_statements_outlining_%22W ar_on_Scientology%22), and was wondering who you are pulling for in this "War"?

I for one am hoping the hacker group does manage to take down these guys. I am not betting on it, I would just smile if it were to happen.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8457/293j9d9j29j3djws2.png

Sooner_Bob
1/24/2008, 10:12 PM
It would be hilarious if they did . . . some of the scientology videos I've seen on YouTube are whacked.

Sooner_Havok
1/24/2008, 10:15 PM
It would be hilarious if they did . . . some of the scientology videos I've seen on YouTube are whacked.

Just some

Sooner_Bob
1/24/2008, 10:20 PM
Heh . . . all of the some. :D

Sooner_Havok
1/24/2008, 10:38 PM
I watched one of the orientation videos on you tube, and at the end the guy says,

"If you decide to leave here today and never speak of Scientology again, you are free to do so. You are also free to dive off a bridge or blow your brains out."

Those people are WEIRD!

SicEmBaylor
1/24/2008, 10:42 PM
the south.

oh wait.......uh the hackers.

reevie
1/24/2008, 10:43 PM
I wonder if the German government is sponsoring these guys

Frozen Sooner
1/24/2008, 11:27 PM
I'm on the side of not condoning illegal attacks on the property of law-abiding citizens, no matter how stupid they are.

soonerinabilene
1/24/2008, 11:41 PM
They got some balls. Scientology has a legal team that could get Hitler off of war crime charges.

goingoneight
1/24/2008, 11:44 PM
So, I know Scientology is crazy in manys' opinions, but is it really as crazy as the South Park episode made it seem? Minus the typical South Park humor with R. Kelly and Tom Cruise, of course.

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 11:44 PM
They got some balls. Scientology has a legal team that could get Hitler off of war crime charges.

...and they got that Tom Cruise guy. :eek:

Frozen Sooner
1/24/2008, 11:45 PM
So, I know Scientology is crazy in manys' opinions, but is it really as crazy as the South Park episode made it seem? Minus the typical South Park humor with R. Kelly and Tom Cruise, of course.

I'm on record as saying that I think everyone's religion seems pretty silly from the outside.

Scientology is really silly.

usmc-sooner
1/24/2008, 11:46 PM
well since it's a pretty well known that the guy who invented said he did it to win a bet that people were so stupid he could invent a religion and he could get followers, I'd say yeah.

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 11:49 PM
well since it's a pretty well known that the guy who invented said he did it to win a bet that people were so stupid he could invent a religion and he could get followers, I'd say yeah.

Now there's an idea I hadn't thought of.....(evil laugh goes here)

Sooner_Havok
1/24/2008, 11:50 PM

Yes, they think that the Space Lord Xenu did bring alien beings to earth on a DC8, placed them on a Volcano, and blew them up with an H-Bomb.

But yeah, must religions are pretty silly from the outside. I, personally, haven't had an imaginary friend for a long time.:D :D

goingoneight
1/24/2008, 11:51 PM
See, I didn't know that. MR is right, most religions are silly when you think about them from the outside looking in.

Jimminy Crimson
1/25/2008, 12:28 AM
What if we had a Scientologist running for president? :eek:

Boarder
1/25/2008, 11:42 AM
It doesn't matter how wierd Scientology is. Attacking them like that is illegal and shouldn't be done. They need to stop immediately.

there you go, a Christian agreeing with an athiest.

Boarder
1/25/2008, 11:45 AM
On Tuesday, the founder of Operation Clambake, a non-profit organization and website critical of Scientology based in Stavanger, Norway, released a statement about the attacks by "Anonymous". Andreas Heldal-Lund was critical of the "Anonymous" groups actions, stating: "The author of Operation Clambake does not condone such activity. Attacking Scientology like that will just make them play the religious persecution card. They will use it to defend their own counter actions when they try to shatter criticism and crush critics without mercy." Heldal-Lund went on to emphasize the right of all people and organizations to freedom of speech - including the Church of Scientology: "Freedom of speech means we need to allow all to speak - including those we strongly disagree with. I am of the opinion that the Church of Scientology is a criminal organisation and a cult which is designed by its delusional founder to abuse people. I am still committed to fight for their right to speak their opinion."

That pretty much says it all.

RacerX
1/25/2008, 11:47 AM
We are building a religion,
We are building it bigger
We are widening the corridors and adding more lanes
We are building a religion.
A limited edition
We are now accepting callers for these pendant keychains
To resist it is useless,
It is useless to resist it
His cigerratte is burning but it never seems to ash