PDA

View Full Version : funny audio

jk the sooner fan
1/24/2008, 06:59 PM
Somebody took the Van Halen classic "Runnin With the Devil" and removed all the instrumentation, so all you hear is David Lee Roth's vocals

and its pretty damn funny - with all the screams he does

http://www.chunklet.com/images/upload/6/audio_file/Runnin%27%20With%20The%20Devil.mp3

walkoffsooner
1/24/2008, 07:28 PM
yep:eek:

soonerinabilene
1/24/2008, 08:32 PM
holy sh*t that is hilarious.

SoonerJack
1/25/2008, 09:14 AM
And yet there are still some parts I can't understand. Hilarious.

colleyvillesooner
1/25/2008, 09:23 AM
heard it on the ticket yesterday. Guessit was from a live soundboard at one of their recent shows.

Dirty trick but really funny.

Sooner_Bob
1/25/2008, 01:30 PM
That was hilarious.

Harry Beanbag
1/25/2008, 04:01 PM
Reminds me of one of those craptastic Geico celebrity spokesperson commercials with Little Richard.

BigRedJed
1/25/2008, 04:26 PM
Hilarious. Reminds me of once when I heard a Wings song where all of the vocals were knocked out except Linda McCartney's. Apparently her vocals were always turned way down, 'cause she couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. At least DLR was in tune.

That distinctive shrieking vocal effect that he has that sounds almost like two voices? I always assumed that was a production effect. Could that really be his voice, or was the effect being applied in real time on that vocal track? I know it wasn't one of the times when he gets his mic in the face of a bandmate and both of them sing into it. It's definitely his voice; just sounds like it splits in two. Anyone?

soonerinabilene
1/25/2008, 04:53 PM
Hilarious. Reminds me of once when I heard a Wings song where all of the vocals were knocked out except Linda McCartney's. Apparently her vocals were always turned way down, 'cause she couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. At least DLR was in tune.

That distinctive shrieking vocal effect that he has that sounds almost like two voices? I always assumed that was a production effect. Could that really be his voice, or was the effect being applied in real time on that vocal track? I know it wasn't one of the times when he gets his mic in the face of a bandmate and both of them sing into it. It's definitely his voice; just sounds like it splits in two. Anyone?

He's the shiznit?

BigRedJed
1/25/2008, 05:51 PM
A good example is at 2:29, and then again at 2:40.

BigRedJed
1/25/2008, 05:53 PM
Again a 3:00, on and off for the next :20.