PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Metro Football League

Sooner_Bob
1/24/2008, 08:41 AM
So which of you hillbillies have signed up to play?

Link (http://www.okfootball.net/)

stoops the eternal pimp
1/24/2008, 03:01 PM
I bet I could still throw this football over those mountains

walkoffsooner
1/24/2008, 03:05 PM
Outlaws have 10 coaches. Thats a lot of booze

SoonerStormchaser
1/24/2008, 04:16 PM
I'm out. The first time I got tackled, I'd be a stain on the turf.

Sooner_Bob
1/24/2008, 04:54 PM
I guess the easiest way to find where they play is to just follow the smell of Bengay . . .

poteausooner
1/24/2008, 06:38 PM
I would almost bet that most of the players are just a few years out of h.s. or college. this league is similar to another league(that I am part of) that has teams in the Lawton, Enid, Ardmore, Tulsa and far eastern part of the state near Ark. line and in Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri. There have been several players from the team that I am with that have gone on to play college ball and there have been a few that have been a part of NFL teams.

swardboy
1/24/2008, 07:55 PM
I would almost bet that most of the players are just a few years out of h.s. or college. this league is similar to another league(that I am part of) that has teams in the Lawton, Enid, Ardmore, Tulsa and far eastern part of the state near Ark. line and in Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri. There have been several players from the team that I am with that have gone on to play college ball and there have been a few that have been a part of NFL teams.

Would that include perennial champions the Joplin Crusaders?

poteausooner
1/24/2008, 10:21 PM
yes that would

Sooner_Bob
1/24/2008, 10:33 PM
There was a 35 an under team in Albuquerque when we first moved there. We went to a park one day and happened to catch one of their practices. Some of those dudes were big.

poteau . . .

Has this concept for local teams been successful? I just happened to stumble across this info on the Stillwater News Press site.

goingoneight
1/24/2008, 10:37 PM
My insurance only allows flag fooze-ball. :D

RedStripe
1/25/2008, 10:42 AM
This Saturday kicks-off the pre-season for the OMFL. This
should be a good head to head battle between the Stillwater
Outlaws and the Norman Nitro.

Game time is Saturday Jan 26, 2:00pm at Destiny Christian
Center located at 3801 S.E. 29th St. Oklahoma City (close to
S.E. 29th and Sunnylane). Concessions provided by the Silver
Dollar Bakery. Tickets are only $3.00.

poteausooner
1/26/2008, 03:14 PM
its not a money maker by any means. each player pays his own way to and from games and pays for their own uniform and pads and such. its done that way so that a player can still be eligible to play college ball somewhere if they are still of the age and eligibility left. most of the teams do have a small fan base in each town and for the new teams it will take a few weeks of games for people to realize that they are there.

soonermix
1/28/2008, 03:51 PM
anybody know of anything like this in hOUston?

Jimminy Crimson
1/28/2008, 04:15 PM
Concessions provided by the Silver Dollar Bakery.

As in the cinnamon rolls from the state fair? :confused: :twinkies:

poteausooner
2/2/2008, 01:22 PM
there is a team in the houston area...they are in the tufl...