PDA

View Full Version : So who is our middle linebacker...

Soonerus
1/24/2008, 01:06 AM
...next year... reynolds, I don't think so ???

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 01:08 AM
...next year... reynolds, I don't think so ???

Same here. I'm hoping Reed is back and lives up to his potential.

goingoneight
1/24/2008, 01:13 AM
Reynolds was tearing it up in the first few games until he got the shoulder stinger at Colorado, then he twisted his knee against Texas and was just another body ever since. My thoughts are that BV had too much faith in him returning to form and left him in there many times when he shouldn't have. There were times in the Texas game when I felt so bad for RR because he was limping into position. I think anyone who could have just RAN might have contributed better than him when he got hurt.

But yea, if he heals well and returns to form, like the guy who Curtis Lofton was living in the shadow of early-on, he'll be great.

hOlden caUlfield...
1/24/2008, 01:43 AM
We just got Mike Balogun. He's another option.

Rhino
1/24/2008, 02:12 AM
Reynolds pass coverage ineptitude reared it's ugly head as early as the Miami game. Remember that drive where Miami marched down the field, then tried about 10 times inside our 10-yard line to score and had to settle on a field goal? Go back and look at how many of those passing plays that led them there was thrown to RR's immediate area.

Now, I'm going to give him some slack because he's young, inexperienced and coming off a knee injury (and got injured consistently throughout the season). So, he's going to make mistakes, be out of position and not always be able to make full cuts. But at some point, our coaches should have realized that he had no business being out there. [/end RRrant]

Reynolds is said to be the favorite to hold down the MLB position next year. He may suck against the pass, but he's pretty solid against the run. Balogun will get a shot too and I suppose Lamont Robinson will be in the mix too, but I doubt he's tabbed as the starter. Mike Reed could overcome all the lost time and family and doghouse stuff, but I doubt it.

insuranceman_22
1/25/2008, 12:53 AM
My guess is Reynolds if his health can be manintained. I think Balogun is being seen as a SLB if he can shed a little weight and add a little quickness. I thought Robinson might be on the outside. What's Lewis projecting at next year? I know he's young, but his measureables where incredible. I think Reed had a lot of difficulty with the mental side, if he can learn it (& over come all the family stuff), he'll have a chance.

soonerhubs
1/25/2008, 09:46 AM
I think we find ourselves forgetting how inexperienced Reynolds was this last season. Rather than speak in absolutes, I'm assuming he may be better this year against the pass. Let it be written. :D

LittleWingSooner
1/25/2008, 10:21 AM
Reynolds or someone else that we recruit. Mike Reed could get shot there also.

JLEW1818
1/25/2008, 10:33 AM
Reynolds+Franks+English = ?