PDA

View Full Version : Here's Another Gem and One for Bob's Bulletin Board

PLaw
1/23/2008, 11:25 PM
More stuff that just gets me P/O'd:

Bob Stoops Is Just Not a Good Bowl Coach
Posted Jan 3rd 2008 4:00AM by Brian Grummell
Filed under: Oklahoma Football, West Virginia Football, Big 12, Big East, Bowl Games, NCAA FB Coaching, The Word

And with each passing year, Oklahoma's stunning 13-2 BCS Championship victory over Florida State looks like an outlier, if not an outright fluke.

Since that championship in his first bowl game, Bob Stoops has gone just 3-4 in postseason play after an embarrassing 48-28 loss last night to West Virginia. Stoops has notably suffered cruel defeat against Boise State (43-42 last year) and in the BCS Championship Game against USC (55-19) to go along with last night's disaster.

The Sooner defense was thoroughly embarrassed by a team that had just lost its coach and whose fan base was lukewarm about the trip to the desert after a humiliating defeat to rival Pittsburgh cost them a place in the championship game. What does it say for a team's level of preparation and concentration when it surrenders 9 yards/carry on the ground, 350 rushing yards overall and allows scoring plays of 17, 21, 30, 56, 65 and 79 yards?

Oklahoma looked sheepish with several curious decisions, notably failing on multiple mid-game two-point conversion tries and attempting a botched onside kick. West Virginia bludgeoned the Sooners for that mistake, taking the free yards and then scoring a quick touchdown that effectively put the game away.

For the second time in two seasons and three in the last four, Bob Stoops' Oklahoma Sooners have been bowl flops. It wasn't always that way as Stoops won his first three bowl games before falling in a very winnable BCS Championship game to LSU. The Sooners trailed and eventually lost 21-14, but had two late chances to at least tie the game and failed miserably.

What followed was a 17-14 Holiday Bowl victory over Oregon sandwiched by the three aforementioned embarrassments. Not good. Stoops' 4-4 overall bowl mark is decent enough, but no team outside of Notre Dame has embarrassed itself more in recent big bowl games.

Well, like he needs another, here's one more for the Stoops' motivation factor in '08.

BOOMER

55-44-43-48 NEVER AGAIN

mikeelikee
1/23/2008, 11:58 PM
This genius really does his homework--the 13-2 National Championship victory over FSU was not Stoops' first bowl game. A last-second loss to Ole Miss and Deuce McAllister in the Independence Bowl was his first bowl game at OU. Do your homework, pal!

goingoneight
1/24/2008, 12:51 AM
And when Stoops continues to rail off 11-14 win seasons and BIG 12 Championships (hello, Mack Brown?) let them have all their little crybaby stats all they want.

The only losses I'm ****ed about were LSU and USC. Those games actually meant something more than exhibition and stats padding. And guess what... it's amateur football, we get over it pretty quickly. We just need to take the post-season more seriously. Had they done that, there would be no need for the onsides kicks.

Having said that, I do feel next season, Stoops's players will have the closed bowl practices and such again like they did in January 2001 and December 2005.

Frozen Sooner
1/24/2008, 01:19 AM
More stuff that just gets me P/O'd:

Bob Stoops Is Just Not a Good Bowl Coach
Posted Jan 3rd 2008 4:00AM by Brian Grummell
Filed under: Oklahoma Football, West Virginia Football, Big 12, Big East, Bowl Games, NCAA FB Coaching, The Word

And with each passing year, Oklahoma's stunning 13-2 BCS Championship victory over Florida State looks like an outlier, if not an outright fluke.

Since that championship in his first bowl game, Bob Stoops has gone just 3-4 in postseason play after an embarrassing 48-28 loss last night to West Virginia. Stoops has notably suffered cruel defeat against Boise State (43-42 last year) and in the BCS Championship Game against USC (55-19) to go along with last night's disaster.

The Sooner defense was thoroughly embarrassed by a team that had just lost its coach and whose fan base was lukewarm about the trip to the desert after a humiliating defeat to rival Pittsburgh cost them a place in the championship game. What does it say for a team's level of preparation and concentration when it surrenders 9 yards/carry on the ground, 350 rushing yards overall and allows scoring plays of 17, 21, 30, 56, 65 and 79 yards?

Oklahoma looked sheepish with several curious decisions, notably failing on multiple mid-game two-point conversion tries and attempting a botched onside kick. West Virginia bludgeoned the Sooners for that mistake, taking the free yards and then scoring a quick touchdown that effectively put the game away.

For the second time in two seasons and three in the last four, Bob Stoops' Oklahoma Sooners have been bowl flops. It wasn't always that way as Stoops won his first three bowl games before falling in a very winnable BCS Championship game to LSU. The Sooners trailed and eventually lost 21-14, but had two late chances to at least tie the game and failed miserably.

What followed was a 17-14 Holiday Bowl victory over Oregon sandwiched by the three aforementioned embarrassments. Not good. Stoops' 4-4 overall bowl mark is decent enough, but no team outside of Notre Dame has embarrassed itself more in recent big bowl games.

Well, like he needs another, here's one more for the Stoops' motivation factor in '08.

BOOMER

55-44-43-48 NEVER AGAIN

Oh, I don't know. Ohio State has the exact same bowl losing streak that OU has.

I mean, sure, OU could play in the Sun Bowl and win every year, but what does that prove? Bowl winning percentage is possibly the most meaningless stat ever.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/24/2008, 01:26 AM
At least the Sooners have done better in bowl games the past 15 years than Notre Dame has, for what it's worth.

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 01:28 AM
At least the Sooners have done better in bowl games the past 15 years than Notre Dame has, for what it's worth.

Considering the Domers have been the suc in bowl games for a while now, not very much. :D

goingoneight
1/24/2008, 01:40 AM
That's why I don't like the bowl system. Too many teams can hang their hat on winning a toilet-caliber bowl game that's not even televised; but watch out! Let's rip on the coaches who won conference championships and somewhere between 10-13 games because they lost a meaningless game. Seriously, it was meaningless. What does it accomplish? National Title share? Let's se... ummm... no. National award? Oh yeah... that was BEFORE the bowl games. What's the difference in these sports writers' eyes between the Fiesta Bowl and the Google Bowl? Coach A beat the crap out of coach B, yet coach be and all his likes win meaningless bowl games, so let's bash coach A for losing to a great opponent. BRILLIANT!

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 01:46 AM
they lost a meaningless game. Seriously, it was meaningless.

Someone's gonna have to explain to me how if this game was meaningless they bothered to keep score, cause I don't see it. I just remember back in the day when I competed in sports that if they were keeping score you were supposed to try and win, and like it or not there is a difference between winning and losing, and that means the games are not meaningless.

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 01:49 AM
Put another way: this, the game was meaningless stuff reminds me of when me and the little brother would compete against one another at whatever. When he would lose, and sometimes me too, if we especially didn't like the outcome, the somewhat standard retort would be: well, I don't care, I didn't really try anyway.

yermom
1/24/2008, 01:55 AM
Bob won his first two BCS games, apparently that's enough ;)

it's meaningless in that it doesn't really get us anything. it was a letdown to be there again. sure, it's nice to win the Big 12, but not playing in the big game sucks. losing does suck worse though.

oh and this guy is a moron. it's Stoops' 9th season. he's played 9 bowl games. he's 4-5 not 4-4. it sucks that it would take 2 years to get above .500

Theskipster
1/24/2008, 08:54 AM
Someone's gonna have to explain to me how if this game was meaningless they bothered to keep score, cause I don't see it. I just remember back in the day when I competed in sports that if they were keeping score you were supposed to try and win, and like it or not there is a difference between winning and losing, and that means the games are not meaningless.

It's still the same way now and you are just being pedantic to try and argue a point no one with a brain is making. You do know that they keep score in the East/West game and the Texas vs nation game too and those games are as close to meaningless as a game can be.

We all know that the game isn't the literal definition of meaningless, but it is by far the least significant game to use to make judgements about the team. Some of us can't understand why people judge the coaches based on one game that isn't as important as all the other games while ignoring all the more important games.

Meaningless is an exaggeration.

CincySooner
1/24/2008, 09:01 AM
Hey PLaw... Can you explain the significance of the "44" in your signature?

I'm racking my brain and I can't figure out where it comes from.

yermom
1/24/2008, 09:44 AM
should it be 45?

Theskipster
1/24/2008, 09:56 AM

Damn, now you have me wondering.

OU has been in 4 games since 1975 where one team ended the game with 44 points.

1987 - OU beat Texas 44-9 (Switzer)
1993 - OU beat A&M 44-14 (Gibbs)
1999 - OU beat OSU 44-7 (Stoops)
2001 - OU beat AirForce 44-3 (Stoops)

If it is bowl games, the four highest point totals by OU's opponents are
2004 Orange Bowl - 55 by USC (Stoops)
2007 Fiesta Bowl - 48 by WVU (Stoops)
2006 Fiesta Bowl - 43 by Boise (Stoops)
1964 Gator Bowl - 36 by FSU (Jones)

Under stoops, there have been two teams that put more than 40 on OU in the Regular season

2005 - Lost to Texas 45-12
2005 - Lost to UCLA 41-24

He probably meant 2005 Texas and 45 points.

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 09:57 AM
It's still the same way now and you are just being pedantic to try and argue a point no one with a brain is making. You do know that they keep score in the East/West game and the Texas vs nation game too and those games are as close to meaningless as a game can be.
We all know that the game isn't the literal definition of meaningless, but it is by far the least significant game to use to make judgements about the team. Some of us can't understand why people judge the coaches based on one game that isn't as important as all the other games while ignoring all the more important games.
Meaningless is an exaggeration.

You're a lawyer right?

Theskipster
1/24/2008, 10:01 AM
You're a lawyer right?

Nope, I am just hoping that if you understand, you won't keep posting the same misguided idea in different threads.

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 10:05 AM
Nope, I am just hoping that if you understand, you won't keep posting the same misguided idea in different threads.

I was able to pick through all the extra words to understand. I thought maybe you could have been more succinct.

edit...and I'll prolly keep posting this idea until someone can explain why it was OK to lose because this game was "meaningless." To say it was meaningless to somehow justify it seems very "aggie" to me.

PLaw
1/24/2008, 10:17 AM

Wow, 16F this AM in OKC.

As most know on this board, I tend to get a case of fat fingers and middle aged lapses from time to time.

The "44" should be "45". I think most will know where that comes from, but in case you don't, then it's what the whorns put up in '05.

BOOMER

55-45-43-48 NEVER AGAIN

The VIIIth
1/24/2008, 10:58 AM

PLAW is an older man![hairGel]

and an old AOL poster from the early days of the 'net.

The Viiith, once known as GenCutler.

TheUnnamedSooner
1/24/2008, 11:02 AM
Oh, I don't know. Ohio State has the exact same bowl losing streak that OU has.

Hasn't Virginia Tech lost their last 4 bcs games too?

yermom
1/24/2008, 11:14 AM
i think they have only played in 3

and lost all of them

Blues1
1/24/2008, 11:59 AM
For Our Next BCS Game - I only want one Result - A Score that looks something Like this -- Oklahoma 62 - The other Guy 3 -- :)

Then let the sport writers do all their talking.....A little revenge won't hurt my feelings.... :)
Lets Just Do It...Rock On'

CincySooner
1/24/2008, 12:03 PM
heh... ok PLaw, it makes more sense now.

I kept thinking: "one of these things is not like the others"

cvsooner
1/24/2008, 12:18 PM
I'd say, under Stoops, we're 1-2 in bowl games that really mean something. And we're 3-3 in the meaningless ones.

Animal Mother
1/24/2008, 12:30 PM
I'd say, under Stoops, we're 1-2 in bowl games that really mean something. And we're 3-3 in the meaningless ones.

Here is what it means and it does mean something. It means we won the Big 12 South and the Big 12 championship to get to the Fiesta Bowl. So by the logic I learned in a philosophy class with Professor Cook at OU, this line of thinking renders the Big 12 titles meaningless. So to me the Fiesta Bowl MEANS SOMETHING!!!! CAPICHE!!!!
Denial ain’t just a river. We got our keisters kicked and trying to rationalize it by claiming “Don’t mean nothing, not a thing” MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE!!!!

MextheBulldog
1/24/2008, 12:32 PM
If it is bowl games, the four highest point totals by OU's opponents are
2004 Orange Bowl - 55 by USC (Stoops)
2007 Fiesta Bowl - 48 by WVU (Stoops)
2006 Fiesta Bowl - 43 by Boise (Stoops)
1964 Gator Bowl - 36 by FSU (Jones)

Ouch - looking at the list above puts things into perspective.

Unfortunately we will have to put up with this drivel that this guy is pumping to some degree. Against the cream of the crop, it has been tough sledding recently.

r5TPsooner
1/24/2008, 01:19 PM
Fire his azz!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TopDawg
1/24/2008, 01:28 PM
Bowl winning percentage is possibly the most meaningless stat ever.

Agreed. Since bowls typically match up teams with similar W/L records, a nice bowl winning percentage could really just mean that you are a serial regular season underachiever.

Dio
1/24/2008, 01:36 PM
Somebody wake me up when this Bryant Gumbel guy wins a National Championship. Then I might give a crap what he thinks.

Sooner98
1/24/2008, 01:45 PM
Calling a BCS bowl game "meaningless" just after getting your a$$ kicked in one, is the epitome of arrogance. Or maybe it's the epitome of aggy. I'm not sure.

cvsooner
1/24/2008, 03:11 PM
My opinion has always been that the season and playing for the conference championship are meaningfu. If you win it, you've accomplished that goal.

If you're not playing in the championship game, the other BCS games are runners-up bowls. Apparently a lot of you are too young to remember, but once upon a time, the NFL had the two teams who didn't make the NFL championship game--the runners-up--play before the championship game. It might mean something to the players, who get more money for a win, but otherwise it's meaningless.

I've seen a t-shirt that says "Second place means you won first place among the losers." That pretty much sums it up for me. I root for the Sooners, I'd much rather win the bowl game than lose it, but if we don't make the championship game...pfffft. Big deal. I hope we play well, I hope nobody gets hurt, and I'd sure prefer a win.

Maybe what we need is to stop calling the games the Rose Bowl, the Fiesta Bowl, etc., and call them what they are: Consolation Bowls.

Jacie
1/24/2008, 03:14 PM
It is only meaningless in that winning doesn't net a conference or national championship.

Playing a bowl game, when they are somewhat evenly matched, lets a team gauge where it is in relation to another team.

Winning adds another trophy to your case.

Losing means another school's fans have board on your school. Not entirely meaningless in my book.

cvsooner
1/24/2008, 03:16 PM
i think they have only played in 3

and lost all of them

Referring to Virginia Tech:

Lost the 2000 Sugar Bowl to Florida State
Lost the 2005 Sugar Bowl to Auburn
Lost the 2008 Orange Bowl to Kansas

My bad. I heard Beamer was 0-4 in his BCS games and I repeated it without checking.

Sco
1/24/2008, 03:24 PM
^I think he's 0-4 in bowl games. But I'm not checking facts, either, I'm just spouting off what I heard.

crimson&cream
1/24/2008, 07:38 PM
Read my post about coaches and bowl loses taken from Barry Tramel's article in Mon's DO on the other thread about PLaw and this crap.

MojoRisen
1/25/2008, 11:30 AM
I can stand a lose- but I can not stand the avg of 44 points a game let up on defense..

We have more pride than that I though in defense....

I have been to all 4 BCS games and I am not sure I can take a lackluster performance like the Orange Bowl or the WVU game - I will give some slack on giving up 14 offensive points to a solid LSU team and Bosie we played hard to get back in that game- but our defense was pitiful.

I hope this does fuel some fire back in the OU coaching staff not to have let downs with players in the bowl game.

MamaMia
1/25/2008, 01:05 PM
I love football so much that I dont have it in me to think that any game is meaningless, whether it is played in a park, a dome or on a little league field.

TopDawg
1/25/2008, 01:07 PM
I hope we play well, I hope nobody gets hurt, and I'd sure prefer a win.

Which current Sooner football player are you?

;)

TopDawg
1/25/2008, 01:10 PM
I love football so much that I dont have it in me to think that any game is meaningless, whether it is played in a park, a dome or on a little league field.

Did you know...

...the first OU/OSU game was played in a park in Guthrie (currently where Mineral Wells Park is) and OU won 77-0. On one play, the ball was fumbled into the river (which was in play) and players jumped in after it. An OU player recovered it and emerged from the water standing in the endzone. Touchdown...OKLAHOMA!

JLEW1818
1/25/2008, 01:13 PM
si

JLEW1818
1/25/2008, 01:16 PM
ya

TopDawg
1/25/2008, 01:16 PM
Uhm, I think PLaw is a Sooner, dude.

cvsooner
1/25/2008, 01:41 PM
Which current Sooner football player are you?

;)

Ha! I wish. I graduated from high school in 1974 and OU in 1978...but I probably still have some eligibility left...and could be like that guy at ... San Angelo State, was it? This past season? I'm still in pretty good shape...

BoulderSooner79
1/25/2008, 03:52 PM
Ha! I wish. I graduated from high school in 1974 and OU in 1978...but I probably still have some eligibility left...and could be like that guy at ... San Angelo State, was it? This past season? I'm still in pretty good shape...

I thought I was the oldest guy here. I graduated from Putnam City in '74, but I was able to cram a 4 yr degree into 5 yrs and graduated OU in '79 :O I have a shape, but not sure it's good. :rolleyes:

PLaw
1/25/2008, 04:21 PM

I thought it was "real" Cowboy football at Sul Ross State in Alpine.

Frozen Sooner
1/25/2008, 04:51 PM
I don't think the games themselves are meaningless. I'm saying that your overall record in bowl games is a somewhat meaningless stat.

Would you prefer a coach who is 8-0 in eight Music City Bowls to a coach who's 0-7 in national championship games? I wouldn't. It sucks to lose, sure, but I'd rather play for the prize and lose than never get there in the first place.

I'd sure prefer to win all our bowl games so long as we're winning conference and national titles along with them, but it's kind of silly to judge a coach solely on that basis-and really, the recent misfortune in bowl games is about the only real knock on Bob Stoops I can think of.

cvsooner
1/25/2008, 04:55 PM
I thought it was "real" Cowboy football at Sul Ross State in Alpine.

That's it. Thanks for the correction.

Dano7198
1/25/2008, 05:43 PM
I can stand a lose- but I can not stand the avg of 44 points a game let up on defense..

We have more pride than that I though in defense....

I have been to all 4 BCS games and I am not sure I can take a lackluster performance like the Orange Bowl or the WVU game - I will give some slack on giving up 14 offensive points to a solid LSU team and Bosie we played hard to get back in that game- but our defense was pitiful.

I hope this does fuel some fire back in the OU coaching staff not to have let downs with players in the bowl game.
Agree 100 %. There is no way to sugarcoat what has happened. We had another outstanding season only to have it end with another pitiful, inexcusable debacle on defense and now the staff, players and fans alike have to hear the same old thing.... AGAIN.... for yet another season.
Regardless of how well we play in the 08 season , the first and last questions asked will be " Which OU team shows up?" and " Can this team get the BCS monkey off the schools back ?" Thats just the cold hard truth and everyone is piling on.
I live in Missouri, where they least of all have a right to dog us and Im already tired of hearing about "Chokelahoma" and " Bob Stoops eating his cheerios on a plate because he will lose them in a bowl " But thats what Ive got to work with ( that and the fact my cap isnt new ) and only 2 things will fix it. A defense with attitude and a killer instinct and Winning a BCS game. Make no mistake.... EVERY game matters and losing the last game on a national stage is no reason to swagger into the next...

Dan Thompson
1/25/2008, 06:37 PM
Stoops has never had a season where he won 14 games. His best season was 13-0 in 2000.

47straight
1/26/2008, 03:14 AM
I live in Missouri, where they least of all have a right to dog us and Im already tired of hearing about "Chokelahoma" and " Bob Stoops eating his cheerios on a plate because he will lose them in a bowl " But thats what Ive got to work with ( that and the fact my cap isnt new ) and only 2 things will fix it. A defense with attitude and a killer instinct and Winning a BCS game. Make no mistake.... EVERY game matters and losing the last game on a national stage is no reason to swagger into the next...

You don't have to take a single lick of smack off them. Assert youself like a 40 year old man. They got beat by "chokelahoma" in a championship game. Stoops has won two more BCS games than they've ever played in. If that doesn't work, take a number 2 in a bag, light it on fire, go ring their doorbell, and either leave it for them to stomp out or smash it on their head.

Dano7198
1/26/2008, 07:53 AM
You don't have to take a single lick of smack off them. Assert youself like a 40 year old man. They got beat by "chokelahoma" in a championship game. Stoops has won two more BCS games than they've ever played in. If that doesn't work, take a number 2 in a bag, light it on fire, go ring their doorbell, and either leave it for them to stomp out or smash it on their head.
HA !!! Love it. Dont worry about me asserting myself though. Ive been holding my head high since 73 ! What really ****es em off good is when they come at me with the " Stoops cant win the big one anymore " and I remind them "he just won the biggest game in the history of their program....didnt he ?"

MamaMia
1/26/2008, 02:33 PM
Did you know...

...the first OU/OSU game was played in a park in Guthrie (currently where Mineral Wells Park is) and OU won 77-0. On one play, the ball was fumbled into the river (which was in play) and players jumped in after it. An OU player recovered it and emerged from the water standing in the endzone. Touchdown...OKLAHOMA!Yes, I did know that. Wonderful story, but I thought the final score was 75-0. :)

rainiersooner
1/27/2008, 02:15 AM
It wasn't always that way as Stoops won his first three bowl games before falling in a very winnable BCS Championship game to LSU. The Sooners trailed and eventually lost 21-14, but had two late chances to at least tie the game and failed miserably.

I don't remember Bob overthrowing a wide open Kejuan Jones in the endzone for the tying score...oh wait, that was our Heisman Trophy winning quarterback. How silly of Bob! What a loser! These sports writers are morons.

Soonerman08
1/27/2008, 12:38 PM
I don't remember Bob overthrowing a wide open Kejuan Jones in the endzone for the tying score...oh wait, that was our Heisman Trophy winning quarterback. How silly of Bob! What a loser! These sports writers are morons.

Unfortunately though I do remember an underprepared defense against West Virginia and USC. It didn't help that White throws five interceptions by just throwing the ball up. I would say that the two worst coached bowl games by Stoops were in fact USC and West Virginia. The onside kick against WVU should have not been called. You can make an argument for the end of the Sugar Bowl, the worst blunder by an offensive coordinator ever. Running the ball down the throats of the other team, making yards, and then you call for 4 pass plays? Boise State was a fluke thing and had the offense not turned the ball right over on the goal line and thrown a pick six the game wouldn't have been so close. We shot ourselves in the foot many times against Boise State. Say what you will about the prevent defense at the end of the game and what not, but you have to admit Boise State knew they had to pull out all the trick plays. The reason why they are called trick plays is when they are executed to perfection they are almost impossible to defend.

DangTire
2/2/2008, 02:23 AM
Unfortunately though I do remember an underprepared defense against West Virginia and USC. It didn't help that White throws five interceptions by just throwing the ball up. I would say that the two worst coached bowl games by Stoops were in fact USC and West Virginia. The onside kick against WVU should have not been called. You can make an argument for the end of the Sugar Bowl, the worst blunder by an offensive coordinator ever. Running the ball down the throats of the other team, making yards, and then you call for 4 pass plays? Boise State was a fluke thing and had the offense not turned the ball right over on the goal line and thrown a pick six the game wouldn't have been so close. We shot ourselves in the foot many times against Boise State. Say what you will about the prevent defense at the end of the game and what not, but you have to admit Boise State knew they had to pull out all the trick plays. The reason why they are called trick plays is when they are executed to perfection they are almost impossible to defend.

It wasn't an unprepared defense that hurt them. It was an improperly prepared defense that hurt them. When you're given a game plan that sucks when you've got the fundamentals of a pee-wee team anyway you start the game in a hole that's only gonna get deeper. A team that "shoots itself in the foot" is poorly coached period. Regardless of who they play. This team has a poor coaching staff no matter how you cut it. The defense catching the brunt of the problem here.

Dano7198
2/3/2008, 05:19 PM
It wasn't an unprepared defense that hurt them. It was an improperly prepared defense that hurt them. When you're given a game plan that sucks when you've got the fundamentals of a pee-wee team anyway you start the game in a hole that's only gonna get deeper. A team that "shoots itself in the foot" is poorly coached period. Regardless of who they play. This team has a poor coaching staff no matter how you cut it. The defense catching the brunt of the problem here.
Careful here, DangTire.....point the finger at the REVERED BV and they will take away your greens and give you reds......

bluedogok
2/3/2008, 05:32 PM
0-3 for the past two seasons, 41-31 and 38-17 for 2007 and 26-10 for 2006.......that is all you need to say.....head to head says so much more than any convoluted who played who scenario.

Animal Mother
2/3/2008, 06:00 PM
Our 13-2 win over FSU was a fluke and I'm a f*cking mummy.

bluedogok
2/3/2008, 06:17 PM
Yep, I guess everyone's win but LSU was a fluke since they haven't won another and have lost in a championship game as well :rolleyes:

soonerloyal
2/3/2008, 06:49 PM
This team has a poor coaching staff no matter how you cut it.

That's quite a sweeping generalization there, bucko. Rather simplistic. Care to wipe the mud off a bit? Or are you too young to remember OU suffering under REAL "poor coaches"?

And Dano...pointing fingers? Critique and concern are fine. It's whining pointlessly and offering no substantive backup for it that earns ya the neg.

Noobs... :rolleyes:

snp
2/4/2008, 01:35 AM
Referring to Virginia Tech:

Lost the 2000 Sugar Bowl to Florida State 12-0
Lost the 2005 Sugar Bowl to Auburn 13-0
Lost the 2008 Orange Bowl to Kansas 12-1

My bad. I heard Beamer was 0-4 in his BCS games and I repeated it without checking.

And those teams combined to go 37-1. Just goes to show how bowl records can be misleading.

goingoneight
2/4/2008, 01:57 AM
At the end of the day, we'd like to win a BCS Bowl eventually, but would you rather see Texas or anyone else in the BIG 12 there? Hells no. Getting there is more impressive than not, period.

sooner_born_1960
2/4/2008, 09:24 AM
Yes, I did know that. Wonderful story, but I thought the final score was 75-0. :)
According to soonerstats.com, 75-0 in 1904. You go, girl.

DangTire
2/4/2008, 11:37 AM
That's quite a sweeping generalization there, bucko. Rather simplistic. Care to wipe the mud off a bit? Or are you too young to remember OU suffering under REAL "poor coaches"?

And Dano...pointing fingers? Critique and concern are fine. It's whining pointlessly and offering no substantive backup for it that earns ya the neg.

Noobs... :rolleyes:

"Noobs", is a classless elitist word used by people with a losers mentality and who are filled with excuses and live on denial. I think the coaching staff have done a very good job at speaking for themselves over the last few years so you can stuff your "substantive backup" where the sun doesn't shine.

Success may sometimes lead to winning but winning does not always mean you've succeeded. I understand you're sitting there with sparks coming out of your ears right now but you did resort to the "noobs" comment in order to invalidate an argument so this doesn't surprise me.

colleyvillesooner
2/4/2008, 11:55 AM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9867/vadervm6.jpg

Dano7198
2/4/2008, 05:07 PM
still getting the hang of this quote thing.... my bad

DangTire
2/6/2008, 01:23 AM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9867/vadervm6.jpg

And another little bit of evidence for my previous post.

birddog
2/6/2008, 01:29 AM
yes. that was the point.