PDA

View Full Version : offline golfgame

setem
1/23/2008, 10:06 PM
:( This will be my last copycat thread ever! I will never make one again!:(

I am sorry for starting copycat threads that have already been started. Yesterday there was a 3 min difference in mine and mongo's? I think it was his. Today, Rhino was right...I should have looked. I did look just not very well.:O

Once again...sorry!

:P So...how is everyone's game? I have not played golf in forever!:pop:

OU-HSV
1/23/2008, 10:11 PM
:( This will be my last copycat thread ever! I will never make one again!:(

I am sorry for starting copycat threads that have already been started. Yesterday there was a 3 min difference in mine and mongo's? I think it was his. Today, Rhino was right...I should have looked. I did look just not very well.:O

Once again...sorry!

:P So...how is everyone's game? I have not played golf in forever!:pop:
Figured I may as well help ya out with this thread. :D
I went out the day before the ice storm hit and shot a 95. That was my best score in over a year, and that was in cold/wet conditions. I surprised myself with that. Then I went to that same course a couple weeks ago in good weather and shot a 100. Typically I shoot between 98 and 110.

setem
1/23/2008, 10:16 PM
When I was younger I would shout in the 90's at the public courses here in OK. Then when I moved to Bella Vista, Arkansas I played almost every day and got pretty decent. I could shoot low 90's maybe break 90 every now and then. Coming back to the city I could break 90 no problem. I have not played in so long though I am sure my swing is all sorts of awful. I am thinking about hitting up JA sometime this semester, if I ever have time between school and baseball.

OU-HSV
1/23/2008, 10:20 PM
When I was younger I would shout in the 90's at the public courses here in OK. Then when I moved to Bella Vista, Arkansas I played almost every day and got pretty decent. I could shoot low 90's maybe break 90 every now and then. Coming back to the city I could break 90 no problem. I have not played in so long though I am sure my swing is all sorts of awful. I am thinking about hitting up JA sometime this semester, if I ever have time between school and baseball.
I know what you mean completely. I lived in Hot Springs Village for a couple of years. I played often and I shot around 95 to 98 more consistently back then. I miss being around all those championship type courses there, and playing for cheap as a property owner.

setem
1/23/2008, 10:37 PM
Haha yes! I played for extra cheap cause my parents were the ones paying the bills! I will always remember my first pimento cheese samich and dr.pepper! The country club mad them as big as your head! Not really but they were pretty darn big! I had it pretty good in Arkansas. I could walk out the back door and fish and swim on Lake Avalon and ride take a short trip to about 5 amazing golf courses. The country club has the best hole I have ever played! You drive from a elevated tee that is about 40 or 50 feet above the rest of the hole! I got banned from the course though. Cause I took a friend from school with me once and all the old folks complained that he was breaking the 90 degree rule and cussing up a storm. So they told me never to come back. I played on it a few more times but my fav was the course down the street from dad's rent house when he first moved to Arkansas.

I had to move back here though. Where there are no lakes in my back yard or pimento cheese samiches! There are but not any as good as in Arkansas! I think I smoked my first real cigar on the Arkansas golf courses. I think it was from this old man that used to give me free lessons. I dont remember his name cause frankly I dont he ever told me it! I played golf with him almost every time I went out though! Kinda creepy huh?

OU-HSV
1/23/2008, 10:58 PM
Yep, I lived minutes away from 8 or 9 great golf courses..and several lakes located inside Hot Springs Village. But the best part is I lived about 20 minutes from Lake Ouchita. The best lake in the world IMO.
Oh, and pimento cheese sux!

setem
1/23/2008, 11:01 PM
Yep, I lived minutes away from 8 or 9 great golf courses..and several lakes located inside Hot Springs Village. But the best part is I lived about 20 minutes from Lake Ouchita. The best lake in the world IMO.
Oh, and pimento cheese sux!

YOU ARE NO REAL GOLFER! PIMENTO CHEESE IS THE FOOD OF THE GOLF GODS!!!

OU-HSV
1/24/2008, 12:42 AM
YOU ARE NO REAL GOLFER! PIMENTO CHEESE IS THE FOOD OF THE GOLF GODS!!!
Wrong, I prefer the liquid food of the golf gods. Beer.

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 01:25 AM
Last round of 07, which was in like late September, shot an 80. Prolly be mid to upper 90's first time out this year.