PDA

View Full Version : **I-240 and I-35 Interchange**

Lott's Bandana
1/23/2008, 05:00 PM
For 30 years cars traveling east on I-240 that exited towards Norman on I-35 had the right-of-way as they approached the merge onto the southbound interstate.

No problems.

Last year, someone decided to flip the YIELD signs and give the traffic already on the ramp the right-of-way.

Big problems.

That little area on 240 where Shields merges and the third lane disappears is a nightmare with cars backed up, cars trying to merge from Shields and cars trying to get to the right to exit Southbound.

Was there ever any discussion about this moronic change or did it just happen "because"?

:mad:

TopDaugIn2000
1/23/2008, 05:01 PM
I Hate it coming from the other direction, West bound 240 to I35 South.....people trying to merge on and off at the same time w/in about 200 feet.

I'd take I40 home from Tinker just to avoid that interchange

KABOOKIE
1/23/2008, 05:05 PM
Was there ever any discussion about this moronic change or did it just happen "because"?

Yes. We brainstormed one monday morning and decided it would be fun to see people flip out if we spiced things up.

soonerbrat
1/23/2008, 05:08 PM
For 30 years cars traveling east on I-240 that exited towards Norman on I-35 had the right-of-way as they approached the merge onto the southbound interstate.

No problems.

Last year, someone decided to flip the YIELD signs and give the traffic already on the ramp the right-of-way.

Big problems.

That little area on 240 where Shields merges and the third lane disappears is a nightmare with cars backed up, cars trying to merge from Shields and cars trying to get to the right to exit Southbound.

hmm..i remembered it the other way. I had an accident there because the people going south from eastbound I-40 had to yield.

SoonerStormchaser
1/23/2008, 05:39 PM
NO ****!!! My wife is consistently stuck in that traffic every time she picks me up or drops me off at the airport.

SoonerTerry
1/23/2008, 05:39 PM
Burger king may have had something to do with it

Mjcpr
1/23/2008, 05:59 PM
NO ****!!! My wife is consistently stuck in that traffic every time she picks me up or drops me off at the airport.

Usually, they're the cause of traffic backups though.

http://www.mitalub.net/pictures/random/old_woman_face.jpg

SoonerStormchaser
1/23/2008, 10:47 PM
Y'all are KILLING me here.

Rhino
1/24/2008, 02:33 AM
I agree with Lott's Bandana. It doesn't make any sense for the hundreds of cars going south on I-35 from eastbound I-240 to yield to the tens of cars going south on I-35 from westbound I-240. It's completely screwed up I-240 eastbound.

I exit Shields when I think about it. It's usually alot faster.

Lott's Bandana
1/24/2008, 07:34 AM
"Tens of cars..."

Sums it up perfectly.

Sooner_Bob
1/24/2008, 07:58 AM
Yes. We brainstormed one monday morning and decided it would be fun to see people flip out if we spiced things up.

Kinda like the whole Burger King whopper freakout experiment?

Hot Rod
1/24/2008, 08:13 AM
I agree with Lott's Bandana. It doesn't make any sense for the hundreds of cars going south on I-35 from eastbound I-240 to yield to the tens of cars going south on I-35 from westbound I-240. It's completely screwed up I-240 eastbound.

I exit Shields when I think about it. It's usually alot faster.

I usually take Shields as well. Although, anytime I'm 240 Eastbound and want to go past 35, I completely avoid that middle lane and stay in the far left lane.

Another problem there is people will stay in the middle lane, and try to squeeze into the 35 south bound exit at the last minute. This makes everyone have to slow down for this moron and thus causes more congestion as mergers from Shields come onto 35 eastbound.

Also, at times I've been in the middle lane and then people are just stupid for some reason and are like "oh crap, I don't want to take 35 at the last minute", whip out in front of you with no blinker, and everyone has to slow down due to their stupidity.

KABOOKIE
1/24/2008, 08:27 AM
Kinda like the whole Burger King whopper freakout experiment?

Those commercials are gold!

I WANT MY WHOPPER!!! :mad: