PDA

View Full Version : For Burton Scott: reasons why you should join forces with us.

KingDavid
1/23/2008, 02:18 PM
Let's roll 'em out.

1. We just lost three starters in the defensive backfield.

2. We don't hesitate to play young talent. And we know how to develop that talent rapidly. For example, just to name a few: Adrian Peterson, Tommie Harris, Malcom Kelly, Juaquin Iglesias, Manny Johnson, Marcus Walker, Nic Harris, and of course, the gentleman who's shoes you could fill, Reggie Smith.

3. National Defensive Player Awards in this decade. Oklahoma: 8. Alabama: 1.

4. National Award Winners, (both offense and defense), current decade. Oklahoma: 16. Alabama: 1 (still).

5. Heisman Winners. Oklahoma: 4. Alabama: ZERO.

6. All-americans in the current decade. Oklahoma: 24. Alabama: 1.

That's all I've got time for, for now.

NormanPride
1/23/2008, 03:41 PM
They've got us beat on total # of championships by about a brazillion, though. ;)

primetime43
1/23/2008, 04:14 PM
Not to mention we're on TV just about every week!

CapstoneGrad06
1/25/2008, 10:33 AM
Not to mention we're on TV just about every week!

And Alabama's not?

As for BJ Scott, we're looking to use him on offense, but he would be a heck of a DB too.

Rhino
1/25/2008, 02:10 PM
Forget about it.

Curly Bill
1/25/2008, 02:59 PM
Forget about it.

Forget about what? ;)

Desert Sapper
1/25/2008, 03:24 PM
And Alabama's not?

Not unless you count Jefferson Pilot (LFS) and the local bama stations. OU gets an ABC or ESPN broadcast on most weeks. Even when I was in Atlanta, I only needed Gameplan for one game.

Comparison:

Bama:

Western KY PPV
Vandy LFS
Arkansas ESPN
UGA ESPN
FSU CBS
Houston PPV
Ole Miss LFS
Tennessee LFS
LSU CBS
MSU LFS
ULM No TV
Auburn ESPN
Colorado ESPN

OU:
UNT FSN
Miami ABC
USU PPV
Tulsa ESPN2
Colorado FSN
Texas ABC
Mizzou FSN
Iowa State FSN
TAMU ABC
Baylor FSN
Tech ABC
osu FSN
Mizzou ABC
WV Fox

Every single OU game was televised with only one being on PPV. 6 times on major television networks with the rest on major cable sports networks. Bama was on a major television network twice last year. They were on PPV that many times, and didn't even get the ULM game televised.

primetime43
1/25/2008, 04:39 PM
Good research Desert Sapper. It's no secret OU gets more TV time than the Tide.

BillyBall
1/25/2008, 04:56 PM
Good research Desert Sapper. It's no secret OU gets more TV time than the Tide.

We've been on probation less lately... ;)

Desert Sapper
1/25/2008, 05:28 PM
We've been on probation less lately... ;)

That and we are ****ing awesome.

colleyvillesooner
1/25/2008, 05:46 PM
insider said he didn't make his trip this weekend here with Julio. Only Julio came.

snp
1/25/2008, 07:24 PM
ULM No TV

and didn't even get the ULM game televised.

L 21-14

Bama fans are probably glad that game wasn't on TV.

SOONER STEAKER
1/25/2008, 07:26 PM
Julio won't be in Norman till Saturday. I just heard Julio's HS coach on the on James Hale's show. Said he wouldn't be surprised if Julio left the state of Alabama to play college football. Julio's teammate isn't making the trip as we don't have any scholly's left for DB's.

The Consumate Showman
1/25/2008, 07:40 PM
Burton is NOT coming in this weekend...So:

This Scott kid was going to be trouble all the way. He got sent home by Tuberville and the Auburn coaching staff when he went on his "official" visit there...what's to say that he wouldn't have made trouble in Norman? I don't blame Bob one bit for pulling the rug out from under him.

I have a hard time believing that a kid that has been committed to bama as long as he has would just magically decide two weeks before NSD that he is having a change of heart??? Please. Saban was sending in a recruiter to be in Julio's ear this weekend and the coaches thwarted it...I say good job.

We need to focus on Julio this weekend, show him just how good Sam can chunk that pigskin to him, and put on the full court press. Too bad we don't have a basketball game in LNC to get some JULIO chants going...

birddog
1/25/2008, 08:19 PM
well, there's been some talk that scott was coming on the visit to recruit julio to bama. our coaches found out and canceled his visit.

KingDavid
1/25/2008, 08:56 PM
WTG Stoops and staff.

Did anyone see the whiney comments from Scott's coach about us changing things last minute on Scott?

Sorry, buddy. We decided to extend the official visit offer to NICK SABAN, instead.

Burton is NOT coming in this weekend...So:

This Scott kid was going to be trouble all the way. He got sent home by Tuberville and the Auburn coaching staff when he went on his "official" visit there...what's to say that he wouldn't have made trouble in Norman? I don't blame Bob one bit for pulling the rug out from under him.

I have a hard time believing that a kid that has been committed to bama as long as he has would just magically decide two weeks before NSD that he is having a change of heart??? Please. Saban was sending in a recruiter to be in Julio's ear this weekend and the coaches thwarted it...I say good job.

We need to focus on Julio this weekend, show him just how good Sam can chunk that pigskin to him, and put on the full court press. Too bad we don't have a basketball game in LNC to get some JULIO chants going...

TitanTiger
1/25/2008, 11:03 PM
Very smart move on Stoops part if he told Scott not to come. Who knows? Maybe Tubs gave him a call and let him know about Scott tailing Julio all over the place and recruiting for Bama. Because that is all he's doing.

BaSwitz
1/26/2008, 03:31 AM
Scott is FIRM in his Bama commit. The only reason he went to Gainesville was to stay in Jones' ear. Lester is probably coming with Julio to do the same.

BaSwitz
1/26/2008, 03:37 AM
Just realized Lester wasn't coming either.:cool:

Big Red Ron
1/26/2008, 10:45 AM
so, does anyone think Scott is a spy?

;)

The Consumate Showman
1/26/2008, 12:50 PM
so, does anyone think Scott is a Saban-whiner-supreme...and his high school coach to boot?

;)

fixed

TitanTiger
1/26/2008, 12:58 PM
so, does anyone think Scott is a spy?

;)
Does anyone not?

Seriously guys. The Auburn staff eventually caught on to his crap and got him out of there early.

Rhino
1/26/2008, 02:33 PM
Just realized Lester wasn't coming either.:cool: I'm not so sure that's true.

Carey Murdock's reports aren't always...umm...truthful.

snp
1/26/2008, 06:51 PM
I'm not so sure that's true.

Carey Murdock's reports aren't always...umm...truthful.

Like his Burton Scott report. Carey might have more contacts nationally than James Hale but can't touch JH's contacts within our program.