PDA

View Full Version : John McCain

Stoop Dawg
1/23/2008, 01:42 PM
I was doing a little light reading and came across an interesting article. Since John McCain is my current front-runner, I thought it would be interesting to see why "He must be stopped". Here's the article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/realclearpolitics/20080123/cm_rcp/who_will_stop_mccain_1

The crux of the arguement seems to be this:

There are three big domestic issues that will be decided by the 2008 election: socialized medicine, higher taxes, and global warming regulations. The Democrats are in favor of all three--and John McCain won't stop them.

Now, I know Reps are notoriously dense, but does "importing drugs from Canada" equate to "socialized medicine"? I guess I'll need to investigate McCain's health care position more carefully, but from what I can glean from the article this one issue (importing drugs from Canada) is the worst health care related knock against him.

On "higher taxes", I get their point, but politicians on both sides have muddied the waters so bad that's it's difficult to tell what's really going on. Evidently, McCain will "raise taxes" by doing nothing - which will let Bush's "tax cuts" expire. Well, evidently Bush's "tax cuts" could not be passed without putting an expiration date on them. This isn't McCain's fault, it's Bush's. Why didn't Bush just pass permanent "tax cuts"? Because he couldn't, that's why.

I'm also not sure what "tax cuts" the article is referring to, but I'm guessing it might be "PEP". If so, these "tax cuts" are not "cuts" at all. They are a repeal of the "Personal Exemption Phase-out" passed by Bill Clinton. So it's not so much a "tax cut" as it is a "return taxes to their normal level". Hillary would like to "reverse Bush's tax cuts" by reinstating a tax increase implemented by her husband. A tax increase that, not surprisingly, targets the "rich". We hear all about tax cuts that target the "rich", but not so much about tax increase that target the "rich". But when this tax increase is repealed, it is suddenly a "tax cut for the rich" again. Pretty funny stuff, but I digress.

Finally, and most confusing to me, is this quote:

And speaking of political debate, McCain is against it. The most notorious piece of legislation McCain has co-sponsored with the left is McCain-Feingold, which has the evil distinction of being the nation's first direct attack on the freedom of political speech during an election campaign, precisely when such speech is most important.

Hmmm, freedom of speech is pretty important, so I thought I'd see more about this "direct attack on the freedom of political speach during an election campaign". Here's what I found when I googled "McCain-Feingold":

http://www.campaignfinancesite.org/legislation/mccain.html

I can see how prohibiting "electioneering communications" might be viewed as an impediment to "free speech", and I did read some other links that gave examples where the FEC's decision on what is "electioneering communications" might be debatable. But does anyone really think that the guy with the most money should be able to run as many political ads as s/he desires? And of any content? I personally ignore political ads and try to do my own research, but it's hard to dismiss the correlation between campaign financing/advertising and election results. Yes, I am aware the correlation does not imply causation, but in this case the correlation itself is pretty interesting.

I think that most individuals believe that lobbyists have too much influence in our govt already, so why let them run politcal campaigns? I just don't see this as a knock on McCain.

So, I guess my question is, what do you (always level-headed) SO posters think about McCain? My vote hangs in the balance!

picasso
1/23/2008, 01:46 PM
socialized medicine ain't happening.

r5TPsooner
1/23/2008, 01:50 PM
I'm leaning towards McCain because I think we need to balance the budget which may mean raising taxes, since the rich get most of the big tax breaks right now anyway.

Health care will NEVER be fixed in this country so that topic is moot IMHO.

McCain is pretty tough on defense which is probably his biggest strength with me.

I forget how he stands on abortion.

If Romney would quit switching his political views every other day, I might even warm up to him a bit.

OklahomaTuba
1/23/2008, 01:54 PM
McCain is ok with me.

I didn't like when he tried making all illegals legal, but I would vote for him if he was nominated.

Oldnslo
1/23/2008, 01:55 PM
I think McCain will be the Last Man Standing.

If Hillary carries NY, NJ, CA, FL, OH, and MI, all of which are possible, it won't matter who the 'pub is. And that scares me. Greatly.

soonerscuba
1/23/2008, 01:58 PM
The VA is full of commies!!!!!!!!!! Collective bargaining=AIDS and cancer for everyone!!!!!!!!!! I can't help but be impressed by how well the lobby has worked for big pharm.

The Reps forked their party, and shocking if they didn't come to it in the road.

OU4LIFE
1/23/2008, 02:06 PM
the only thing that worries me about McCain is his health. I honestly think his heart issues could cost him.

r5TPsooner
1/23/2008, 03:10 PM
the only thing that worries me about McCain is his health. I honestly think his heart issues could cost him.

Even dead, he would make a better President than Hilary or Barack:D

LosAngelesSooner
1/23/2008, 03:10 PM
Want to know where McCain stands on issues?

Go here:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/candidates/john.mccain.html

Immigration (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.immigration.html)
Co-sponsored Bush-backed immigration reform legislation, which would have increased funding and improved border security technology, improved enforcement of existing laws, and provided a legal path to citizenship for some illegal immigrants. Voted to authorize construction of a 700-mile fence along the U.S.-Mexican border.

Iraq (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.iraq.html)
Voted for use of military force in Iraq. Supported Bush veto of war spending bill that would have withdrawn most U.S. troops by March 2008. Was an early proponent of sending additional American troops to Iraq.

Same-sex marriage (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.samesexmarriage.html)
Supports definition of marriage as a union between a man and a woman, but opposes a constitutional amendment banning same sex-marriage. Says individual states should decide the issue. Says a federal marriage ban might be appropriate if courts overturned state marriage laws. Supports legal benefits for same-sex partners.

Social Security (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.socialsecurity.html)
Supports Bush plan to allow workers to divert some Social Security payroll taxes to private retirement accounts.

Taxes (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.taxes.html)
Voted against 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cut laws, but later voted in favor of extending tax cuts through 2010.

picasso
1/23/2008, 03:22 PM
Want to know where McCain stands on issues?

Go here:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/candidates/john.mccain.html
or, you could just do your own research.:cool:

LosAngelesSooner
1/23/2008, 03:24 PM
Hey...I was just trying to help people DO their own research!

;)

OU4LIFE
1/23/2008, 04:18 PM
I can't even spell reserch

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/23/2008, 04:25 PM
From the Thompson Quit thread:
As you (should) know, McCain is for amnesty for illegals, not closing the border to illegals, shutting down Gitmo, and bringing the POW's to the USA, reversing tax cuts, undermining the First Amendment(McCain-Feingold), etc. He's a Bad New Bear.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/23/2008, 04:32 PM
So many lies about his positions on the issues. What a surprise.

Stoop Dawg
1/23/2008, 06:10 PM
not closing the border to illegals

If that's true, it concerns me. Do you have a link for that?

reversing tax cuts

I think that "allowing tax cuts that were implemented with an expiration date to go ahead and expire" is not the same as "reversing tax cuts".

undermining the First Amendment(McCain-Feingold)

I addressed this in my initial post. I think "undermining the First Amendment" is a bit of a reach. Regardless of our individual views, the act was tested at the Supreme Court level and partially upheld.

Stoop Dawg
1/23/2008, 06:13 PM
not closing the border to illegals

If CNN is correct, then you must be mistaken:

Co-sponsored Bush-backed immigration reform legislation, which would have increased funding and improved border security technology, improved enforcement of existing laws, and provided a legal path to citizenship for some illegal immigrants. Voted to authorize construction of a 700-mile fence along the U.S.-Mexican border.

1/23/2008, 06:21 PM
If CNN is correct, then you must be mistaken:He's making no effort to get that fence built, or even speak about the govt's lack of effort in buliding it, and is involved in ways to give amnesty to the illegals already here. If that's okay with you, then you are with him on that issue.

Scott D
1/23/2008, 06:59 PM
He's making no effort to get that fence built, or even speak about the govt's lack of effort in buliding it, and is involved in ways to give amnesty to the illegals already here. If that's okay with you, then you are with him on that issue.

You mean the bill that didn't pass? And he has since had to focus on oh, a presidential campaign?

LosAngelesSooner
1/23/2008, 08:27 PM
Don't let RLIMC's habitual distortion of facts and dismissal or reality get in the way of you guys having a nice, logical and civil debate, Scott. ;)

1/23/2008, 08:30 PM
You mean the bill that didn't pass? And he has since had to focus on oh, a presidential campaign?The bill to build the fence DID PASS. They just aren't building it.

LosAngelesSooner
1/23/2008, 08:35 PM
How is Romney's current effort to build a wall going? Is that bill going to make it through Congress? Has he started funding on that wall? Or construction?

I'm just wondering, since, according to you, he's doing MUCH more to shore up our borders than McCain who has already helped pass a bill that would do just that.

:rolleyes:

1/23/2008, 08:55 PM
How is Romney's current effort to build a wall going? Is that bill going to make it through Congress? Has he started funding on that wall? Or construction?

I'm just wondering, since, according to you, he's doing MUCH more to shore up our borders than McCain who has already helped pass a bill that would do just that.

:rolleyes:He's putting up a fence along the mMassachusetts coast, to keep them from landing by sea.

r5TPsooner
1/23/2008, 10:36 PM
He's putting up a fence along the mMassachusetts coast, to keep them from landing by sea.

I seriously doubt it because he spends most of his free time at the salon or looking at himself in the mirror.

mikeelikee
1/23/2008, 11:47 PM
The "shamnesty" bill that McCain co-sponsored in the Senate with Teddy Kennedy was enough to get him permanently off my list. He should be honored for his war-time service to our country, but he's been nothing approaching a conservative during his time in the Senate.

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 12:33 AM
Even dead, he would make a better President than Hilary or Barack:D

:D indeed!

1/24/2008, 12:43 AM
The "shamnesty" bill that McCain co-sponsored in the Senate with Teddy Kennedy was enough to get him permanently off my list. He should be honored for his war-time service to our country, but he's been nothing approaching a conservative during his time in the Senate.The most disgraceful thing he's done, IMO, is the McCain-Feingold Act. It totally shafts the First Amendment, and serves up nanny-statism at it's most brazen. Any person who dreams that up, or even aproves of it doesn't appreciate the greatness that is America, and would be a poor president. God help us if we are forced into having to choose between McCain and Hillary/Obama.

LosAngelesSooner
1/24/2008, 12:50 AM
The "shamnesty" bill that McCain co-sponsored in the Senate with Teddy Kennedy was enough to get him permanently off my list. He should be honored for his war-time service to our country, but he's been nothing approaching a conservative during his time in the Senate.
And yet the Republican Party rates his LIFETIME Senate voting record at 82%.

Don't let the facts get in your way. :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
1/24/2008, 12:51 AM
The most disgraceful thing he's done, IMO, is the McCain-Feingold Act. It totally shafts the First Amendment, and serves up nanny-statism at it's most brazen. Any person who dreams that up, or even aproves of it doesn't appreciate the greatness that is America, and would be a poor president. God help us if we are forced into having to choose between McCain and Hillary/Obama. You say this in the same breath that you use to decry his stance against torture, secret prisons and Gitmo.

Hypocrite.

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 12:57 AM
And yet the Republican Party rates his LIFETIME Senate voting record at 82%.
Don't let the facts get in your way. :rolleyes:

82% is the suc. Whatever happened to giving 110% ?

LosAngelesSooner
1/24/2008, 12:58 AM
82% is the suc. Whatever happened to giving 110% ?
On the Republican Scale 99% is a perfect score.

Even Ronny Reagan couldn't give 110%.

;)

Jimminy Crimson
1/24/2008, 12:59 AM
God help us if we are forced into having to choose between McCain and Hillary/Obama.

That's what it's lookin' like.

I guess Bloomberg might be another option.

:pop:

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 01:01 AM
That's what it's lookin' like.
I guess Bloomberg might be another option.
:pop:

Me and my boys at the NRA will beat down Bloomberg. :D

1/24/2008, 01:18 AM
You say this in the same breath that you use to decry his stance against torture, secret prisons and Gitmo.

Hypocrite.Heh. Sometimes I think you're serious. Good one.

LosAngelesSooner
1/24/2008, 01:26 AM
So sad.

Scott D
1/24/2008, 10:32 AM
The bill to build the fence DID PASS. They just aren't building it.

building a fence worked great for the Russians in Germany didn't it. Wasn't aware that our government was that into mimicing the Politburo and when do we start calling each other Comrade and turning each other in for being unamerican when there's no proof of it other than personal dislike becoming he said/she said?

1/24/2008, 10:44 AM
building a fence worked great for the Russians in Germany didn't it. Wasn't aware that our government was that into mimicing the Politburo and when do we start calling each other Comrade and turning each other in for being unamerican when there's no proof of it other than personal dislike becoming he said/she said?The fence in East Germany was to keep their own people from leaving, you know. Americans ''escaping" to Mexico isn't much of a problem for us or for Mexico. Millions and millions of unknown and illegally entering people has become quite a problem for us. Maybe not so apparent up in Meatchicken.

Scott D
1/24/2008, 11:10 AM
The fence in East Germany was to keep their own people from leaving, you know. Americans ''escaping" to Mexico isn't much of a problem for us or for Mexico. Millions and millions of unknown and illegally entering people has become quite a problem for us. Maybe not so apparent up in Meatchicken.

They had fences up on the borders of East German and Poland, they had them up on their own borders. So if this ridiculously expensive fence ever gets built, are you next going to suggest coils of barbed wire on the top along with towers with spotlights and machine gun nests?

1/24/2008, 11:20 AM
They had fences up on the borders of East German and Poland, they had them up on their own borders. So if this ridiculously expensive fence ever gets built, are you next going to suggest coils of barbed wire on the top along with towers with spotlights and machine gun nests? I'm not real keen on shooting people. Are you? What do you think can be effective in stopping the illegals from entering?

OklahomaTuba
1/24/2008, 11:24 AM
Lots of places have fences.

If anything, it needs to be done for securities sake.

Oldnslo
1/24/2008, 01:08 PM
On the Republican Scale 99% is a perfect score.

Even Ronny Reagan couldn't give 110%.

;)
yes, but he's dead.

Scott D
1/24/2008, 02:58 PM
Lots of places have fences.

If anything, it needs to be done for securities sake.

most fences are chain link, doesn't mean it's a great idea.

most fences are also meant to keep things in, not keep things out.

I'm not real keen on shooting people. Are you? What do you think can be effective in stopping the illegals from entering?

why go half way when you can go all the way? Afterall, what's a few executed Mexicans if it gets the point across, other than being inhumane and a clear human rights violation.

1/24/2008, 03:00 PM
most fences are chain link, doesn't mean it's a great idea.

most fences are also meant to keep things in, not keep things out.

why go half way when you can go all the way? Afterall, what's a few executed Mexicans if it gets the point across, other than being inhumane and a clear human rights violation."Scott D for Despot, '008"

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 03:02 PM
are you next going to suggest coils of barbed wire on the top along with towers with spotlights and machine gun nests?

You say it like there'd be something wrong with that.

I say whatever it takes to secure our borders.

Those that know history are aware that one of the main reasons that nations have declined and fell throughout history is an inability to secure their borders.

JohnnyMack
1/24/2008, 03:13 PM
They had fences up on the borders of East German and Poland, they had them up on their own borders. So if this ridiculously expensive fence ever gets built, are you next going to suggest coils of barbed wire on the top along with towers with spotlights and machine gun nests?

Why do you hate Red Dawn?

r5TPsooner
1/24/2008, 03:15 PM
I have no problem with armed guards keeping illegals and drug dealers from Mexico trying to enter the US illegally. I only ask that they leave the guy who does my yard work alone until I find a white guy or black guy cheap enough to take the job.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/24/2008, 04:19 PM
If I were king, I'd hire Curly Bill to execute all those who smuggle dope, sell dope, possess dope, or smoke dope. For those who want to work, I'd give a worker visa.

Stoop Dawg
1/24/2008, 04:20 PM
Those that know history are aware that one of the main reasons that nations have declined and fell throughout history is an inability to secure their borders.

Out of curiosity, which nations are those?

Howzit
1/24/2008, 04:21 PM
Afghanistan, in 2001.

Stoop Dawg
1/24/2008, 04:22 PM
He's making no effort to get that fence built, or even speak about the govt's lack of effort in buliding it, and is involved in ways to give amnesty to the illegals already here. If that's okay with you, then you are with him on that issue.

So now passing legislation isn't enough? He should be down there with a shovel?

It would appear to me that you are simply looking for reasons to not like the guy, and if you can't find enough you just make some up.

Stoop Dawg
1/24/2008, 04:23 PM
Afghanistan, in 2001.

Good call.

Though technically, they are still a nation. They just have a different government now. ;)

jeremy885
1/24/2008, 04:26 PM
why go half way when you can go all the way? Afterall, what's a few executed Mexicans if it gets the point across, other than being inhumane and a clear human rights violation.

I say we treat illegals from Mexico the same way they treat their illegals.

Crappy site but I've seen the story elsewhere too.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/060815a.aspx

Stoop Dawg
1/24/2008, 04:30 PM
The most disgraceful thing he's done, IMO, is the McCain-Feingold Act. It totally shafts the First Amendment, and serves up nanny-statism at it's most brazen. Any person who dreams that up, or even aproves of it doesn't appreciate the greatness that is America, and would be a poor president. God help us if we are forced into having to choose between McCain and Hillary/Obama.

At least you're on a logically reasonable track here. I can see where you are coming from.

However, I would point out that the greatness of America isn't just capitalism and majority-rule. A key ingredient is minority rights.

What does that have to do with McCain-Feingold? Well, just because the majority of the money backs one candidate doesn't mean they should be able to essentially "pick" him/her for president. Yes, yes, that comment is on the opposite extreme, but I only use it to make my point. There needs to be *some* balance when it comes to political campaigns. You may think that McCain-Feingold is over the line, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm unsure.

Stoop Dawg
1/24/2008, 04:33 PM

Scott D
1/24/2008, 04:33 PM

Crappy site but I've seen the story elsewhere too.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/060815a.aspx

based on the allegations in that story, we already treat prisoners in Gitmo better than that. Why should we stoop to their alleged level?

jeremy885
1/24/2008, 04:36 PM
To get them to shut up about how "bad" we supposedly treat their citizens.

Scott D
1/24/2008, 04:40 PM
To get them to shut up about how "bad" we supposedly treat their citizens.

you do realize that such an effort on the part of the United States would only backfire on us internationally I hope.

Scott D
1/24/2008, 04:42 PM
You say it like there'd be something wrong with that.

I say whatever it takes to secure our borders.

So how exactly do you propose we secure our aquatic borders through which many other illegals (non-Mexican) enter our country on a regular basis.

Or are we saying it's ok for the 300 Chinese families who paid their life savings to the Triad to be shoved in the hold of a freighter for a chance to enter this country simply because they aren't Mexican?

jeremy885
1/24/2008, 04:48 PM
you do realize that such an effort on the part of the United States would only backfire on us internationally I hope.

Yes. It's more of threw my hands in the air comment.

Scott D
1/24/2008, 04:51 PM
as long as people don't think that I'd hope such an effort would backfire, but realize the context of which that part of the statement was :)

Stoop Dawg
1/24/2008, 04:59 PM

Is that the biggest/only problem you see with that comment, or just the one you chose to point out?

Stoop Dawg
1/24/2008, 05:00 PM
as long as people don't think that I'd hope such an effort would backfire, but realize the context of which that part of the statement was :)

Are you drunk?

jeremy885
1/24/2008, 05:02 PM
It's like the woman who had sanctuary from a church in Chicago for a year and decided to leave to speak at a rally in LA (I think), got caught, deported, and then had the gall to speak in front of the mexican senate about how her human rights in the US were violated because we deported her for being in the country illegally.

Scott D
1/24/2008, 05:02 PM
no, I'm just not a fan of sentence structure while I'm multi-tasking on a subject that seems to get RLimC's dander up.

1/24/2008, 05:23 PM
So now passing legislation isn't enough? He should be down there with a shovel?

It would appear to me that you are simply looking for reasons to not like the guy, and if you can't find enough you just make some up.Don't worry, I found enough with McCain-Feingold, and his continued positions on illegal aliens.

LosAngelesSooner
1/24/2008, 08:12 PM
If I were king, I'd hire Curly Bill to execute all those who smuggle dope, sell dope, possess dope, or smoke dope. For those who want to work, I'd give a worker visa.
Hrmph.

I'd legalize dope.

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 09:05 PM
Out of curiosity, which nations are those?

Rome would be a fine example, the Byzantine Empire, the Carolingian Empire of Charlemagne and his successors, Egypt (more then once), any of the kingdoms, empires and states of Mesopotamia, England with the Angles and Saxons, China (more then once) Native America with the invasion of the European white man, etc...etc...

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 09:08 PM
Or are we saying it's ok for the 300 Chinese families who paid their life savings to the Triad to be shoved in the hold of a freighter for a chance to enter this country simply because they aren't Mexican?

So you're equating 300 Chinese families with something on the order of 20,000,000 Mexican illegals?

...but, I'd send the Chinese back where they came from too. :D

JohnnyMack
1/24/2008, 09:20 PM
Hrmph.

I'd legalize dope.

About 1 in 1000 of your posts has merit.

Good jorb.

Jerk
1/24/2008, 09:57 PM
If Hillary wins I will have to double up on my dose of Zoloft.

You see, the Clintons believe that 'the ends justifies the means." If I were Obama, I'd warn the pilot to be suspicious of any type of nav aide which vectors their little airplane into the side of a mountain. Poor Ron Brown, RIP my brother from another mother.

Would I vote for McCain over Hillary? Duh! I will walk backwards through snow 10 miles to the polls if I have to.

Now, there were a few posters that told me back in Nov. 2006 that we needed one party to control congress and another party to control the WH. They said split government is good. Do they still believe that now?

If you're a prominent republican, you had better get your taxes in order, because if Clinton wins, you will be audited.

LosAngelesSooner
1/24/2008, 11:10 PM
About 1 in 1000 of your posts has merit.

Good jorb.
Oh, yay. I got your approval.

Now pass the pipe.

;)

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2008, 05:53 AM
Looks like those evil Dems are moving their vast conspiracy forward...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/25/nytimes.endorses/index.html

Weird how they went after Guilliani but left Romney alone...considering that Romney's the REAL threat to them...according to one of our "S.O. Insiders."

:D

Stoop Dawg
1/25/2008, 02:59 PM
Rome would be a fine example, the Byzantine Empire, the Carolingian Empire of Charlemagne and his successors, Egypt (more then once), any of the kingdoms, empires and states of Mesopotamia, England with the Angles and Saxons, China (more then once) Native America with the invasion of the European white man, etc...etc...

Rome was not invaded until it had already crumbled from within.

It's interesting that you mention China. From what I gather, the building of the Great Wall almost destroyed their nation.

r5TPsooner
1/25/2008, 03:03 PM
If it comes down to Romney vs Hilary then I'm votin for pretty boy.

If Hilary becomes President God help us all.

Curly Bill
1/25/2008, 03:06 PM
Rome was not invaded until it had already crumbled from within.

It's interesting that you mention China. From what I gather, the building of the Great Wall almost destroyed their nation.

Rome was greatly weakened by trying to assimilate non-native peoples who did not share the same concern for the welfare of the state that the Romans did. This was part of what weakened them allowing an actual invasion to happen. Yes they had problems with internal corruption, moral decay, etc...

The Great Wall did not do its job of keeping unwanted peeps out very well, and yes it was a rascal to build. I would imagine a modern wall would not be such a beast to get done.

Stoop Dawg
1/25/2008, 03:11 PM
Rome was greatly weakened by trying to assimilate non-native peoples who did not share the same concern for the welfare of the state that the Romans did. This was part of what weakened them allowing an actual invasion to happen. Yes they had problems with internal corruption, moral decay, etc...

I agree, and you are somewhat on point. However, the non-native peoples that Rome was trying to assimilate were not coming to Rome - Rome was coming to them! I think there is a difference.

Curly Bill
1/25/2008, 03:14 PM
Well, originally Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, California didn't belong to the USA. In a sense we went and got them. I've heard more then one person of Mexican ancestry make the comment that they are now reclaiming them.

...and many of those peeps were moving into Roman territory because of the territorial pressures put on them by other of the barbarian tribes. Rome also attempted to assimilate outside peoples in Roman territory in return for military service and farm labor...that kind of sounds familiar huh?

85Sooner
1/25/2008, 03:30 PM
From the Thompson Quit thread:
As you (should) know, McCain is for amnesty for illegals, not closing the border to illegals, shutting down Gitmo, and bringing the POW's to the USA, reversing tax cuts, undermining the First Amendment(McCain-Feingold), etc. He's a Bad New Bear.

So I guess since fred is out it is going to be Romney

Curly Bill
1/25/2008, 03:31 PM
So I guess since fred is out it is going to be Romney

If I were a bettin man...yep.

85Sooner
1/25/2008, 03:32 PM

Yep, She'll send Bill in to do her bidding since she isn't tough enough to do it herself. Read the sig

r5TPsooner
1/25/2008, 03:35 PM
If you think the federal deficit is big now, wait until Bilary is done. Also, say bye-bye to your hand guns and civil liberties if that bitch is elected.

Scott D
1/25/2008, 03:39 PM
Convince me that any candidate in the process right now isn't going to continue the path of trampling on civil liberties.

r5TPsooner
1/25/2008, 03:42 PM
Convince me that any candidate in the process right now isn't going to continue the path of trampling on civil liberties.

I can't unfortunately. But if you made me chose one, I'd go with Romney.

Scott D
1/25/2008, 03:48 PM
meh, so far all I see out of Willard is a Republican William Clinton. I'm not sold on him yet.

I'd almost be afraid that Romney is going to make a billion promises to get elected, and not deliver on a single one in 4 years.

Mjcpr
1/25/2008, 03:54 PM
I'd almost be afraid that Romney is going to make a billion promises to get elected, and not deliver on a single one in 4 years.

Well, we could certainly not live with that from our elected officials, that's for damn sure.

Scott D
1/25/2008, 04:01 PM
Well, we could certainly not live with that from our elected officials, that's for damn sure.

I'm all for using an official "Politican Guillotine". Don't deliver on promises....OFF WITH YOUR HEAD! :D

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2008, 06:10 PM

What do you think she's going to do? Get us into a baseless war predicated upon lies she created and spread around then spend our grandchildren into dept while she lines the pockets of her rich friends? :rolleyes:

1stTimeCaller
1/25/2008, 06:23 PM
hahahahahahaha ha ha ha haha HA!

SanJoaquinSooner
1/25/2008, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE=r5TPsooner]If you think the federal deficit is big now, wait until Bilary is done. QUOTE]

Let's see how the Clintons did from 1993 to 2000:

http://www.house.gov/budget_democrats/images/presbudgets/fy2000/ch191.jpg

but I guess you're right, comparatively, Bush's deficits will look really big.

85Sooner
1/25/2008, 06:26 PM
What do you think she's going to do? Get us into a baseless war predicated upon lies perpetuated by the previous administration and spend our grandchildren into debt by trying to buy votes with the money stolen from the workers of this country while she pardons the crimes of her criminal friends? :rolleyes:

FIXED

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2008, 06:43 PM
FIXEDYep. That describes George W as well.

Good job. You're starting to see the light.

Jerk
1/25/2008, 06:56 PM
[quote=r5TPsooner]If you think the federal deficit is big now, wait until Bilary is done. QUOTE]

Let's see how the Clintons did from 1993 to 2000:

http://www.house.gov/budget_democrats/images/presbudgets/fy2000/ch191.jpg

but I guess you're right, comparatively, Bush's deficits will look really big.

Who controls spending? Congress or the WH?

85Sooner
1/25/2008, 06:58 PM
Yep. That describes George W as well.

Good job. You're starting to see the light.
Are you kidding? W is an amature when it comes to the evil of the clintons They should be the posterchildren of Hell!

Harry Beanbag
1/25/2008, 07:11 PM
hahahahahahaha ha ha ha haha HA!

:D

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2008, 07:20 PM
Are you kidding? W is an amature when it comes to the evil of the clintons They should be the posterchildren of Hell!I, for one, am glad you're not one given to hyperbole.

r5TPsooner
1/25/2008, 08:12 PM
What do you think she's going to do? Get us into a baseless war predicated upon lies she created and spread around then spend our grandchildren into dept while she lines the pockets of her rich friends? :rolleyes:

What's baseless about the war?

I'm sure that Hilary has never lied to get the things that she wants or lined the pockets of her rich friends... NEVER.:rolleyes:

I'm sure that she will pardon any friends that break the law as well.

JohnnyMack
1/25/2008, 10:32 PM
I'm not voting for Hillary because I don't like her. I don't think she's qualified to be POTUS. If this was Janet Napolitano or some other female who has actually accomplished something that would be one thing, but Hillary is just an extension of this power hungry blob that is the Clinton Machine.

Hillary and Bill have just begun to get down and dirty with their campaigning. When they're through they'll likely to make Karl Rove blush.

KABOOKIE
1/25/2008, 10:35 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

JohnnyMack
1/25/2008, 10:36 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

KABOOKIE
1/25/2008, 10:41 PM
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

skinny, sober and smart ain't really fun either, pops.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/25/2008, 11:19 PM
If you think the federal deficit is big now, wait until Bilary is done.

Who controls spending? Congress or the WH?

Clearly, r5TPsooner says the white house

JohnnyMack
1/26/2008, 09:28 AM
skinny, sober and smart ain't really fun either, pops.

You obviously missed my Cherry Mash and Vegas Hotel Fire threads.

KABOOKIE
1/26/2008, 09:49 AM
You obviously missed my Cherry Mash and Vegas Hotel Fire threads.

Oh I see it's more of a speaking from experience thing. :D

1stTimeCaller
1/26/2008, 10:00 AM
I an't decide on which one of you two gives the best hand***. JohnnyMack has softer hands but KABOOKIE has a little better rythm.

KABOOKIE
1/26/2008, 10:38 AM
You sure are a picky homo.

ChickSoonerFan
1/26/2008, 10:49 AM
I an't decide on which one of you two gives the best hand***. JohnnyMack has softer hands but KABOOKIE has a little better rythm.

Was this meant to be a peem?

1stTimeCaller
1/26/2008, 10:58 AM
whoops!

ChickSoonerFan
1/26/2008, 11:02 AM
whoops!

I thought so.

JohnnyMack
1/26/2008, 11:07 AM
Oh I see it's more of a speaking from experience thing. :D

I just finished a sausage, egg & cheese biscuit for breakfast, so yeah. :D

JohnnyMack
1/26/2008, 11:08 AM

I do mosturize. It's not for me, it's for you. I always put others needs before my own. My therapist says I need some me time. I'm gonna go take a shower and have some happy time.

Howzit
1/26/2008, 11:28 AM
You're a giver JohnnyMack.

God bless you.