PDA

View Full Version : Senior Bowl Week notes

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2008, 11:22 PM
My belief that Colt Brennan is a 2nd day pick looks more realistic with his 185 lb weigh in at the Senior Bowl. Said he has been ill but still not good..Pass has plenty of zip but his release starts down around his waste..Mechanics not so hot..

DJ Wolfe measure in at 5'10 200 lbs..hasn't had good practices yet..nothing bad but nothing good

Draftniks remember this name...Joe Flacco, Deleware. 6'6 232 and rifle of an arm. good mobility too..

Dantrell Savage measured at 5'8 187. Guy would be a day 1er for sure if he was a little bigger.

Names of note:
Tashard Choice 5'10 210- played surprisingly quick
Jacob Hester 5'10 230
Owen Schmitt 6'1 247
Adarius Bowman 6'2 220-struggled his first day and did ok today...
Limus Sweed 6'4 212-smaller than Texas had him (6 5 220)..quite a bit rusty but cant really blame him.
Jordan Dizon 5'11 228-small linebacker but has played well
Jordy Nelson 6'2 215- Kansas St guy that really had a big year
Marcus Griffin 5'10 198- same as DJ
Terrance Wheatley 5'9 187- didnt know he is that short..been burned several times in practice so far

KingDavid
1/23/2008, 12:28 AM
My belief that Colt Brennan is a 2nd day pick looks more realistic with his 185 lb weigh in at the Senior Bowl. Said he has been ill but still not good..Pass has plenty of zip but his release starts down around his waste..Mechanics not so hot..

DJ Wolfe measure in at 5'10 200 lbs..hasn't had good practices yet..nothing bad but nothing good

Draftniks remember this name...Joe Flacco, Deleware. 6'6 232 and rifle of an arm. good mobility too..

Dantrell Savage measured at 5'8 187. Guy would be a day 1er for sure if he was a little bigger.

Names of note:
Tashard Choice 5'10 210- played surprisingly quick
Jacob Hester 5'10 230
Owen Schmitt 6'1 247
Adarius Bowman 6'2 220-struggled his first day and did ok today...
Limus Sweed 6'4 212-smaller than Texas had him (6 5 220)..quite a bit rusty but cant really blame him.
Jordan Dizon 5'11 228-small linebacker but has played well
Jordy Nelson 6'2 215- Kansas St guy that really had a big year
Marcus Griffin 5'10 198- same as DJ
Terrance Wheatley 5'9 187- didnt know he is that short..been burned several times in practice so far

Thanks, man. Helpful. Besides DJ, how have our seniors looked at these games. I heard AP was looking good for a while.

yermom
1/23/2008, 01:24 AM
i didn't realize Savage was that small

snp
1/23/2008, 02:07 PM

Agreed. He's my second favorite QB in this class behind Brohm. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of Ryan, Woodsen or Brennan (especially him).

Also, QB Josh Johnson from San Diego is another name to watch for. Definitely needs to ride the pine a year or two but he has a great arm and is a very good runner. Then again, I'm of the belief that no rookie QB should start until the season is lost or their second year.

Collier11
1/23/2008, 02:28 PM
Also, QB Josh Johnson from San Diego is another name to watch for. Definitely needs to ride the pine a year or two but he has a great arm and is a very good runner.
what he said!!!

NormanPride
1/23/2008, 03:45 PM
I really hope DJ tears it up. He was fun to watch this year, and it was especially gratifying seeing him finally click at Safety.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/24/2008, 11:15 AM
Limus Swead has reinjured his wrist and is now out of the Senior Bowl. Early Doucet out as well(hamstring). Appalachian State WR Dexter Jackson replaced LS on the South roster and has looked pretty good.

Dallas Cowboy fans-Cowboys are shopping former 1st round picks DE Marcus Spears and LB Bobby Carpenter at the Senior Bowl.

SNP- Brohm's last minute defection from the Senior Bowl, saying it was due to a leg injury suffered early in the year, is getting him a lot of criticism and he is now being compared to Brady Quinn(late defection, claimed leg injury) and saying he might get the same result that Quinn did.(big slide down).

Adarius Bowmans has been a bit of disappointment to the scouts. Some thought he could push for the #1 WR spot but hasnt so far

stoops the eternal pimp
1/24/2008, 11:28 AM
And I m not hearing anything on DJ...which is not good

oupride
1/25/2008, 09:47 AM
Are there any other Sooners in this game besides DJ?

Boomer.....
1/25/2008, 10:32 AM
I don't think so.

NYC Poke
1/25/2008, 11:35 AM
Bowman seems to have redeemed himself. The NFL Network interviewed the 3 North QBs after practice and asked them who the best player on the team was. Two of them said Bowman.

Collier11
1/25/2008, 04:10 PM

"Safety D.J. Wolfe was quick to diagnose plays and is up to the physical game at the line of scrimmage. He gets off blockers well and has shown the ability to finish the play."

OU-HSV
1/26/2008, 09:06 PM
Well, I watched this game. DJ Wolfe only had one tackle. And that's the extent of his stats. I like DJ as much as the next fan, but he didn't look too great today. Down at the goal line on one play, he was temporarily blocked by a tight end, then the t.e. released and ran an out route for a TD. It wasn't a good defensive play at all on DJ's part. BUT he got lots of hype during the week, so hopefully NFL teams/scouts/whoever will look past this one game.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/26/2008, 11:50 PM
the actual games during these post season appearance don't mean very much. The practices are were the scouting is done and the game isn't so important.

OU-HSV
1/27/2008, 12:18 AM
the actual games during these post season appearance don't mean very much. The practices are were the scouting is done and the game isn't so important.
And the combine of course

stoops the eternal pimp
1/27/2008, 12:58 AM
And the combine of course

yeah....obviously the combine is huge for the underclassmen who arent invited to these other post season get togethers.

OU-HSV
1/27/2008, 01:02 AM
exactly

stoops the eternal pimp
1/27/2008, 01:05 AM
I don't think I will be attending but I ve got 2 former co workers that are supposed to be letting me know the behind the scenes stuff as it is going on..