PDA

View Full Version : Motel 6

VeeJay
1/22/2008, 07:15 PM
Man....talk about dumps!

A couple of months ago I stopped at one off of I-95 in Jacksonville, FL on the way to Ft. Lauderdale. I just wanted a place to sleep for a few hours, then get up early and drive the rest of the way.

I was on the cheap, obviously. The place stunk when I opened the door. Like a mix of excrement, vomit and other bodily fluids that'd been sprayed over with a cheap Chinese knock-off of Glade. The door to the room was coming apart at the bottom (pieces of it falling off). The AC unit looked like something out of the toxic waste site from one of the Terminator movies. Just effin filthy. There was a square table with a couple of stained chairs. The table looked like it came out of a saloon. I swear it had four cigarette burn holes on it.

I convinced myself to lie down on top of the bed with my clothes on and sleep for four hours, with the lights on and the TV blaring all night.. At 5 a.m. I got the hell out.

When travelling alone I can be cheap but I will never be that damned cheap again. Hell, for the $49 I spent on the room I could have slept in my truck and bought 7 twelve packs of Natty.

silverwheels
1/22/2008, 07:17 PM
Natty is that expensive? :D

royalfan5
1/22/2008, 07:18 PM
Did they at least leave the light on for you?

VeeJay
1/22/2008, 07:20 PM
I think the Tom Bodette guy died of a staph infection after staying there too many times.

BigRedJed
1/22/2008, 07:24 PM
http://www.interestingideas.com/roadside/motels/six.jpg

olevetonahill
1/22/2008, 07:49 PM
If its an Amish owend Motel 6 , do they leave a Candle lit fer ya ?

OUinFLA
1/22/2008, 08:38 PM
If 1TC stayed there, there is a perfect explanation for the odor.

SoonerGirl06
1/22/2008, 09:03 PM
Did you sanitize yourself?