PDA

View Full Version : FAST FOOD

boomersooner28
1/22/2008, 01:38 PM
OK, here's the dealio. Another thread reminded me of how bad the fast food service actually is and I would like the SO to kind of have a scientific study. So, if/when you eat fast food, please post the following information for all to see:

** Date
** Approximate time:
** Fast food restaurant
** Rank the service (1 being horribe, 10 being outstanding)
** Rank the food (1 being horrible, 10 being outstanding)

** Any other info you would like to add. Such as, no uniforms or the chick that took my money was on her cell-phone, or maybe the dude in the back wiped the floor then put my burger together...you know fun stuff! I have a feeling noone will be eating fast food in a couple of weeks!

Viking Kitten
1/22/2008, 01:41 PM
I think the key to fast food is the understanding that you get what you pay for.

boomersooner28
1/22/2008, 01:43 PM
VK, you bring up another great point. The price of fast food has probably doubled in the last 5 years also. You can't get a regular burger meal anywhere under $6. Yet, the service has gone wayyyyy downhill.

sooner_born_1960
1/22/2008, 01:43 PM
Fast food or slow food. I don't really want to know what goes on back there.

sooner_born_1960
1/22/2008, 01:45 PM
I think the key to fast food is the understanding that you get what you pay for.
The same thing goeas on in the kitchen of other restaurants. They just have doors.

Viking Kitten
1/22/2008, 01:51 PM
The same thing goeas on in the kitchen of other restaurants. They just have doors.

With repect to cleanliness, I agree. Overall quality and service won't be the same though.

With that said, Taco Bell makes a decent chicken quesadilla with added guacamole for under $3. That's about it for me and fast food. Unless I'm really drunk.

frankensooner
1/22/2008, 01:59 PM
My wife and I went to El Chico the other evening and had the worst service. It took over 15 minutes to get out our drink order, the bartender finally brought it out after it sat at the bar for awhile, and then our dessert took another 15. We told the waitress we were trying to make a movie, gave her our card and then she forgot to bring it back to us for another 10 minutes. These people do realize they are working for tips, right? When I worked at the Mont in college, If someone asked for anything, they had it in about a minute.

Oh, and when she finally brought us our card back, no apology, just "I thought I already gave you this." Hello 5% tip. (I am usually a 20% tipper if there is any effort)

Sooner_Bob
1/22/2008, 02:02 PM

Bingo

Sooner_Bob
1/22/2008, 02:05 PM

Some are better/cleaner than others. It all comes down to management and how they enforce policies/safety standards.

I've inspected places that I wouldn't have any issues eating in and others that I wouldn't let my worst enemy eat at.

Viking Kitten
1/22/2008, 02:11 PM
My wife and I went to El Chico the other evening and had the worst service. It took over 15 minutes to get out our drink order, the bartender finally brought it out after it sat at the bar for awhile, and then our dessert took another 15. We told the waitress we were trying to make a movie, gave her our card and then she forgot to bring it back to us for another 10 minutes. These people do realize they are working for tips, right? When I worked at the Mont in college, If someone asked for anything, they had it in about a minute.

Oh, and when she finally brought us our card back, no apology, just "I thought I already gave you this." Hello 5% tip. (I am usually a 20% tipper if there is any effort)

How does El Chico even stay open? It defies all logic. Crappy food, crappy service... the parking lot is never full even on weekends. I'm guessing it's a money-laundering front for a drug cartel or something.

Hot Rod
1/22/2008, 02:13 PM

We were at Steak and Ale once for a birthday party (about 10 of us). The waitress was horrible. Slow drink orders and my wife's soup came out late, so late that by the time she got it most of us were done eating (not completely her fault), and when she brought it the soup was served to my wife burnt! Hard to imagine, but we all looked at her as she walked off thinking "now...would you eat that served to you?!"

As the check came we noticed that there was no gratuity added to the bill. She walked away saying "I find that I get more tips if I don't charge gratuity." Her smart remark and lack of care earned her $3 out of us all.

frankensooner
1/22/2008, 02:14 PM
Well, the one on Broadway is gone. The one at the mall has good margaritas and when we have a baby-sitter, a drink and a movie is a good thing.

royalfan5
1/22/2008, 02:17 PM
There Fairbury, Nebraska McDonalds is probably the worst McDonalds on the face of the earth. On the upside, the chances of you ending up in Fairbury are pretty slim unless you are from the area, or have made a bunch of horrible life choices.