PDA

View Full Version : WARNING! Stay away from the Wendys in Enid Oklahoma

MamaMia
1/22/2008, 10:45 AM
I drove my elderly neighbor to the eye doctor in Enid yesterday. She likes to stop and have a frosty at the Wendy's. While I was waiting in line, this dirty little cook come out of the back, probably from the bathroom, rubbing his nose. I watched him as he picked up a piece of greasy meat with a bunch of melted cheese on it off of the filthy floor and threw it into the garbage. I figured after that he would wash his hands and put on a pair of sanitary gloves, but thats not what happened! Instead he opened up a hamburger bun with his nasty fingers and laid the bun on top of a hamburger wrapper.

We accidentally made eye contact. After seeing the look of horror on my face, he grabbed a pair of gloves, getting floor and nose germs all over them as he wiggled them on his disgusting fingers and finished making that hamburger. :eek:

TopDaugIn2000
1/22/2008, 10:50 AM
sounds like our secretary

OUAndy1807
1/22/2008, 10:51 AM
sounds like every fast food restaurant I've ever been to.

frankensooner
1/22/2008, 10:51 AM
Wendys is the only place I have ever been served recycled food. (that I know of) My french fries were pre-ketchuped.

TopDaugIn2000
1/22/2008, 10:54 AM
what doesn't kill us will only make our immune systems stronger....right?

King Crimson
1/22/2008, 10:55 AM
most places have really sloppy food handling practices. if you watch closely you'll see people handle money and go straight back to direct handling food.

Hot Rod
1/22/2008, 10:56 AM
I've never been fond of the cleanliness at Wendy's or KFC.

JohnnyMack
1/22/2008, 11:01 AM
Axe me sometime to tell you about the time I worked in the Deli at Bud's Grocery Store.

Osce0la
1/22/2008, 11:02 AM
I went to Burger King one day and was waiting for my food. I looked in the back and saw a woman preparing what looked like my meal. She got ketchup on the counter in front of my burger, wiped the ketchup off the counter with her finger, licked the ketchup off of her finger, and then finished making my burger. Sure enough, that burger goes in a bag and is then handed to me. I told them I want another burger made, by someone else, and then told them what I had just watched her do. I got another burger, and I got my money back :D

Widescreen
1/22/2008, 11:12 AM
Yikes! We ate at that Wendy's on 12/30. I guess we're OK though. :)

Mjcpr
1/22/2008, 11:13 AM
sounds like our secretary

Do you like working at Wendy's in Enid?

TopDaugIn2000
1/22/2008, 11:16 AM
it's ok, cept for the cranky customers demanding that their food be made by someone with clean hands

Mjcpr
1/22/2008, 11:20 AM
I wonder what it's like up there on their pedestal?

TopDaugIn2000
1/22/2008, 11:21 AM
you could only be so lucky to ever know

soonerinabilene
1/22/2008, 11:35 AM
Axe me sometime to tell you about the time I worked in the Deli at Bud's Grocery Store.

Could you tell us about the time you worked in the Deli at Bud's Grocery Store?

TopDaugIn2000
1/22/2008, 11:35 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnnyMack
1/22/2008, 11:44 AM
Funny you should ask. I never bothered with that pesky Food Handlers Permit. And you should have stayed away from the baked beans. And the chicken nuggets. The donuts, the sandwiches and the tabouli as well.

boomersooner28
1/22/2008, 01:32 PM
On the subject of fast food: the wife and I were discussing this with friends just the other night. We don't eat fast food very often, but fast food service has gotten dramatically worse in the past 5 or so years. The food is actually good and hot about 50% of the time nowadays and if you get a "thank you" from the window person you are hella-lucky. We stopped at a Burger King here in Tulsa (41st & Memorial) Saturday night and the workers were in plain jane street clothes, hell they could have been other customers who decided to go to work. The girl that took my money was on her cell phone with her dad as she took my money and gave me change. How do I know it was her dad? I heard her say "yes dad, I know, I will get...."

Sooner_Bob
1/22/2008, 01:33 PM
sounds like every fast food restaurant I've ever been to.

You should've had to have inspected some of them . . .

Viking Kitten
1/22/2008, 01:35 PM
Having grown up there, I say the best solution is just stay out of Enid altogether.

TopDaugIn2000
1/22/2008, 01:35 PM
yesterday I pulled up to the Carl's Junior drive-thru and the lady came on and said "I can't take your order right now, it'll be at least 5 minutes". I was like WTF?!?!?! and left.

Sooner_Bob
1/22/2008, 01:43 PM
Maybe their computer was down . . . who knows.

sooner_born_1960
1/22/2008, 01:47 PM
Maybe TD2K arrived 5 minutes before they opened.

TopDaugIn2000
1/22/2008, 02:01 PM
it was about 12:30....lunch rush

frankensooner
1/22/2008, 02:06 PM
we took the kids to Mickey d's the other day and asked for ketchup at the window. "We're all out." What? They also put mayo instead of tartar sauce on the misses filet O fish.

1/22/2008, 02:25 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/zebthethird/sutton-wendy.jpg

(quick and crappy, but you get the idea)

TopDaugIn2000
1/22/2008, 02:35 PM
nice

Melo
1/22/2008, 03:08 PM
I worked at a Jack in the box for a few months to make some extra pocket $$$'s when I moved back home and waited for a real job.

They had one person, the manager, that did nothing but listen to orders to make sure they were correct, then HOVERED over EVERYONE to make sure things were clean.

When I worked the front cash register, I had a specific area I could not leave, and if I did, I was sure to be told by AT LEAST 3 people to wash my hands leaving and before I returned to my area. It was like with everything: Taking orders, doing drinks, cooking on the grill, etc.

They also had all these timers everywhere, and every 20 minutes are so, 'HAND WASH!'

Cleanest fast food place Ive ever been to.

Jerk
1/22/2008, 03:10 PM
This is why I eat nothing but chicken ramen noodles and I only drink vodka or American beer

frankensooner
1/22/2008, 03:11 PM
I worked at a Jack in the box for a few months to make some extra pocket $$$'s when I moved back home and waited for a real job.

They had one person, the manager, that did nothing but listen to orders to make sure they were correct, then HOVERED over EVERYONE to make sure things were clean.

When I worked the front cash register, I had a specific area I could not leave, and if I did, I was sure to be told by AT LEAST 3 people to wash my hands leaving and before I returned to my area. It was like with everything: Taking orders, doing drinks, cooking on the grill, etc.

They also had all these timers everywhere, and every 20 minutes are so, 'HAND WASH!'

Cleanest fast food place Ive ever been to.

I guess once you have patrons die from E-coli, you really watch the cleanliness,

royalfan5
1/22/2008, 03:25 PM
It seems to me that the Wendy's that I have been to have always leaned to the sketchy side. However, the Spicy Chicken Sandwich makes me ignore that quite often.

TopDaugIn2000
1/22/2008, 03:26 PM
the spicy chicken sammich is all I've ever gotten at Wendy's. Something about a square burger pattie bothers me.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/23/2008, 10:50 AM
Wendy's has never been the same since Dave died. I stopped going there whne our local place started messing up orders and the quality went down hill. I don't think it is isolated.

MamaMia
1/23/2008, 11:14 AM
the spicy chicken sammich is all I've ever gotten at Wendy's. Something about a square burger pattie bothers me.
I've always thought that hamburgers should be cow shaped. :D
Oh, and whats up with that crown shaped chicken? :confused:

BigRedJed
1/23/2008, 11:23 AM
When I was in high school I worked at a Pizza Hut (like most kids who grew up in Wichita). We were pretty clean, and that's probably where I developed my handwashing OCD.

But there are always exceptions; once I watched a cook who worked there, who already had a reputation as being somewhat gross, sitting in the parking lot, having just been brought to work by his girlfriend, DIGITALLY PLEASURING HER. I **** you not. Then he came into the store, clocks in, put on his apron, and starts making pizzas. NASTY. Did I also mention that she was a skank? It turns my stomach just thinking about it.

About that same time, the big news in Wichitittay was that some dude at a Dunkin Donuts across town was busted pleasuring HIMSELF into the dough mixer. Gives a whole new meaning to "making the donuts."

BigRedJed
1/23/2008, 11:26 AM
Also, most notable breakdowns of our food handling technique at Pizza Hut revolved around the salad bar. For instance, although we did rotate them, we wouldn't throw out peaches until they started bubbling. :eek:

Mjcpr
1/23/2008, 11:31 AM
But there are always exceptions; once I watched a cook who worked there, who already had a reputation as being somewhat gross, sitting in the parking lot, having just been brought to work by his girlfriend, DIGITALLY PLEASURING HER. I **** you not. Then he came into the store, clocks in, put on his apron, and starts making pizzas. NASTY. Did I also mention that she was a skank? It turns my stomach just thinking about it.

Excuse me, but I did not order an anchovy pizza!

Howzit
1/23/2008, 11:37 AM
Extra cheesy!

MR2-Sooner86
1/23/2008, 11:46 AM
some dude at a Dunkin Donuts across town was busted pleasuring HIMSELF into the dough mixer.

Sir? Sir? Ummm not to complain but there seems to be a great deal of salt in these donuts.

TopDaugIn2000
1/23/2008, 02:17 PM
yesterday I pulled up to the Carl's Junior drive-thru and the lady came on and said "I can't take your order right now, it'll be at least 5 minutes". I was like WTF?!?!?! and left.

happened AGAIN today....but was going to be "at least 10 minutes". I asked what was up and they said their computer system is down so they can't take orders. I guess no one is smart enough to use paper and pencil anymore.

frankensooner
1/23/2008, 02:20 PM
Carl's Jr. has to be the slowest fast food place around, but that is getting a bit silly.

I like the taco salad and those $6.00 burgers, it is almost worth the wait (and weight).

TopDaugIn2000
1/23/2008, 02:21 PM
apparently it's not meant for me to get a Carl's Jr. burger this week

TopDaugIn2000
1/23/2008, 02:22 PM
so I went across the street to McDonald's and got a "burger". I love how they put the little "made especially for you, NO ONIONS" sticker on it like I ordered, then load it down with onions. ****ERS

frankensooner
1/23/2008, 02:23 PM
Did you see any Ladybums?

TopDaugIn2000
1/23/2008, 02:24 PM
oh yes. always.

NormanPride
1/23/2008, 02:40 PM
Ladybums?