PDA

View Full Version : Pettigrew gets a little too touchy with officers.

SoonerStormchaser
1/22/2008, 07:38 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3207724

I guess the OSU fans who were going off on Granger should be careful about throwing stones from their own glass house first.

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2008, 07:57 AM
unless you are a mother of children you should leave it alone.

Spray
1/22/2008, 09:54 AM
So in response to OSU fan throwing a stone you... throw a stone? :)

101sooner
1/22/2008, 11:07 AM
[sheep humper]"If it was in Snorman, the Stoopid Gooner Police would have never arrested him. STOOPID GOONER CHEATERS!!!!"[/sheep humper]

spit.

Boomer.....
1/22/2008, 11:16 AM
But it's not as bad as stealing a coat or gas. :rolleyes:

Ardmore_Sooner
1/22/2008, 11:24 AM
[sheep humper]"If it was in Snorman, the Stoopid Gooner Police would have never arrested him. STOOPID GOONER CHEATERS!!!!"[/sheep humper]

spit.

I would laugh but reading some of their boards, you are exactly right...

toast
1/22/2008, 11:30 AM
"but Pettigrew refused to leave and allegedly elbowed an officer in the chest"

working on his blocking technique?

Outopia
1/22/2008, 11:44 AM
But it's not as bad as stealing a coat or gas. :rolleyes:
.....or participating in the gang rape of a twelve-year-old sixth grader. Of course, they will tell you it was the girls fault,,,,,,,,,or blame OU somehow.:pop:

NYC Poke
1/22/2008, 11:45 AM
As someone who once spent the night in jail in Stillwater for toiletpapering (seriously), I can speak to the somewhat, uh, overzealous nature of Stillwater's finest on occasion. I'll reserve judgment.

85sooners
1/22/2008, 11:56 AM
:eek: lol

soonerinabilene
1/22/2008, 12:44 PM
As someone who once spent the night in jail in Stillwater for toiletpapering (seriously), I can speak to the somewhat, uh, overzealous nature of Stillwater's finest on occasion. I'll reserve judgment.

Well, in all fairness, you were tampering with evidence by cleaning the sheep's a$$ when you were done.

Im sorry. You are the one poke that acts with dignity and respect over here. But you left a curve hanging.

SoonerStormchaser
1/22/2008, 12:52 PM
^^^I don't care who you are...unless you're a Poke...THAT'S funny!^^^

NYC Poke
1/22/2008, 12:58 PM
^^^I don't care who you are...unless you're a Poke...THAT'S funny!^^^

Funny is funny. I laughed.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2008, 01:02 PM
Stillwater Police meeting

"Guys, if you find a drunk football player, I want you to make sure you arrest him and use any force you want to."

"If you find a drunk basketball coach, help him get in his car and mix him a drink if he asks you to."

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2008, 01:11 PM
"And if that little bastage shows up with the toilet paper again, shoot him!"

DangTire
1/22/2008, 02:05 PM
The only thing worse than the city of Stillwater is their police "force". I have yet to see a collection of classless *** hat Barney's worse than these. I do believe one of the requirements is that you be a 6th grade dropout.

NYC Poke
1/22/2008, 02:32 PM
"And if that little bastage shows up with the toilet paper again, shoot him!"

:eek:

snp
1/22/2008, 03:04 PM
osu is #1 in the Fulmer Cup.

They might have a shot at winning a championship in football.

Flagstaffsooner
1/22/2008, 03:48 PM
osu is #1 in the Fulmer Cup.

They might have a shot at winning a championship in football.
Yup, oSu finanlly #1!
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2008/01/22/fulmer-cupdate-cowpuncher-turns-cop-puncher/

GottaHavePride
1/22/2008, 09:37 PM
Would it be too :dean: of me to make a Sirius Black joke here?

mynameisjoe
1/22/2008, 11:30 PM
Would it be too :dean: of me to make a Sirius Black joke here?

I saw the thread title and was going to make a Harry Potter reference, so you're not alone

goingoneight
1/23/2008, 12:26 AM
Uh... yeah... it's called vandalizing property and it IS illegal. Smart little ****s just never get caught. No offense to you, I'd like to catch the little turds that TP'd my grandpa's house last fall.

goingoneight
1/23/2008, 12:28 AM
Stillwater Police meeting...

"If you find a drunk basketball coach, help him get in his car and mix him a drink if he asks you to."

... unless it's Sean, were looking for a reason to get rid of him.

FIFY. ;)

KingDavid
1/23/2008, 12:57 AM

Heh.

goingoneight
1/23/2008, 01:16 AM
If you want to hear about overzealous cops, I have a copy of a ticket on my fridge from when I was 17 and in high school. The cop gave me a ticket for running a yellow light. In the comments area, it reads "stale green light."

Okay... I had heard about a "stale green light" before, but never did I imagine I would be the only person in the history of mankind to get a $90.00 ticket for it. Worst part is there are DUI and DWIs out there who got less probation than I did.

But two weeks later when the 17yo neighborhood kid got caught red-handed stealing beer from my neighbor's garage (which resulted in his untimely death from a heart attack whilst chasing him down), slap on the wrist.

Ash
1/23/2008, 01:21 AM
If you listen to a local talk radio station you'd know that Pettigrew is a great kid, this is a case of mistaken something or other, and some lawyer guy who's going to be on the Rachel Ray show assured Traber that there's nothing to worry about...so it's all on the up and up...or something like that.

The OSU homers in this state crack me up, but I'm impressed with the way that they mobilize when the **** goes down.

insuranceman_22
1/23/2008, 01:49 AM
Hey - I think this is a good deal. 3 reasons
1. It takes a little of the public heat off Granger.
2. Shuts the pokes up for a while.
3. It's the off season, at least this is something football related.
Okay - it's not really good, but I say give him about the same DG is going to get at OU and if he's screws up again.....adios......

Outopia
1/23/2008, 10:08 PM
Hey - I think this is a good deal. 3 reasons
1. It takes a little of the public heat off Granger.
2. Shuts the pokes up for a while.
3. It's the off season, at least this is something football related.
Okay - it's not really good, but I say give him about the same DG is going to get at OU and if he's screws up again.....adios......

I'm kind of curious why we don't have any discussion on the three players OSU had busted in Stoolsville for Dope in November. They sure kept that hush-hush for almost three months. Someone who can start a thread should start one about it. God knows they would have orgasms if that happened to us.:pop:

MextheBulldog
1/23/2008, 10:46 PM
Tulsa World version - idiot had a chance to go home and sleep it off..

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=20080123_2_B1_ERWor60145

"Pettigrew was the only person arrested when three Stillwater police officers were sent to a report of a fight in progress between 10 to 15 people about 1:20 a.m. Sunday at a residence in the 2300 block of North Dryden Street, police spokesman Dale Higgins said Tuesday.

When police arrived, Pettigrew was outside and had his shirt off -- even though it was about 20 degrees, Higgins said. "He was obviously intoxicated. He was screaming at a group of people there," Higgins said.

"Several friends of his tried to get him to leave. The officers told him to cooperate. His friends were going to give him a ride.

"His friends kept trying to get hold of him, pull him, to get him to leave. He kept pulling away, continuing to yell," Higgins said. "He continued to scream at the officers. They handcuffed him at the scene for safety. He finally calmed down."

"The officers told his friends, 'We'll cut him loose. Take him home,' " since Pettigrew was allegedly intoxicated, Higgins said.

The friends agreed to take Pettigrew home and police took the handcuffs off Pettigrew, Higgins said.

Pettigrew "began to walk away -- then he started walking toward the people and yelling," Higgins said.

"The officers gave him numerous more opportunities to leave. He refused to cooperate. They decided to arrest him for public intoxication. He elbowed one of the officers," Higgins alleged."

goingoneight
1/24/2008, 12:58 AM
Sounds like Dusty Dvoracek's situation, only the cops got there quick enough to stop the fight. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Animal Mother
1/24/2008, 12:59 PM
So in response to OSU fan throwing a stone you... throw a stone? :)

Someone pull a master of the obvious response on a message board? For shame!!!

NYC Poke
1/24/2008, 02:17 PM
Uh... yeah... it's called vandalizing property and it IS illegal. Smart little ****s just never get caught. No offense to you, I'd like to catch the little turds that TP'd my grandpa's house last fall.

That's what he charged me with - vandalism. It was a sorority house, and there were members of the sorority out there with us. When the cop pulled up, everyone else ran away. I thought I'd be responsible and explain to him that we would clean it up the next morning. I did not have that opportunity. When he first put the cuffs on, I thought it was some sort of joke. He was not joking.

As far as Pettigrew, the rumor on OP is that he was jumped by a group of baseball players. Something about a girlfriend or ex-girlfriend. We'll see. He'll probably end up pleaded guilty to PI and a misdemeanor resisting arrest of something like that. He screwed up, but I doubt this is a big deal in the long run.