Leflore 80, Whitesboro 49
Spiro 61, Cameron 26

Girls
Spiro 58, Cameron 41
Talihina 60, Arkoma 27
Poteau 57, Wister 29
Panama 45, Bokoshe 27
Leflore 55, Whitesboro 49

Tournament continues the rest of the week. I'll be at the games at Carl Albert State College, so it's going to be a busy week for me. Heck, it's been a busy month for me with all these basketball tournaments and games and such.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/23/2008, 01:58 AM
Second-day action at the LCT:

Boys
Howe defeated Arkoma
Spiro defeated Wister
Heavener scored 99 points in its win over Leflore
Talihina outlasted Poteau

Girls
Pocola defeated Spiro
Poteau upended Heavener (this was an upset, BTW; Heavener was the third seed)
Howe defeated Leflore
Talihina prevailed over Panama

So the semifinal games are set:
Thursday will be the girls games; Pocola vs. Poteau and Howe vs. Talihina
Friday are the boys' semis; Howe vs. Spiro and Heavener vs. Talihina

TopDaugIn2000
1/23/2008, 04:55 PM
thanks for the updates!

oklaclarinet
1/23/2008, 09:07 PM
Second-day action at the LCT:

Boys
Howe defeated Arkoma
Spiro defeated Wister
Heavener scored 99 points in its win over Leflore
Talihina outlasted Poteau

Girls
Pocola defeated Spiro
Poteau upended Heavener (this was an upset, BTW; Heavener was the third seed)
Howe defeated Leflore
Talihina prevailed over Panama

So the semifinal games are set:
Thursday will be the girls games; Pocola vs. Poteau and Howe vs. Talihina
Friday are the boys' semis; Howe vs. Spiro and Heavener vs. Talihina

The Heavener-Poteau result is quite surprising, especially considering back in December when the two played, Heavener won quite easily.

Curly Bill
1/24/2008, 12:20 AM
One of the hawtest chicks I ever saw was from Poteau...and I have not a clue what her name was.

...just sayin. :D

AllAboutThe'O'
1/24/2008, 12:47 AM
The Heavener-Poteau result is quite surprising, especially considering back in December when the two played, Heavener won quite easily.
I was at that game, too, and the Lady Wolves pretty much had their way with Poteau. Heavener, by the way, bounced back tonight with a decisive win over a Spiro team that was playing its fifth game in six days (gotta love that crazy Oklahoma regular-season hoop schedule, huh?).
I don't know if Poteau can keep it going, though, against a Pocola team that's been on fire of late. Lady Indians have won 11 straight, mostly by decisive margins. But that's why they play the games.

TopDaugIn2000
1/24/2008, 09:16 AM
poor spiro

AllAboutThe'O'
1/25/2008, 12:57 AM
Well, just as I thought, it's going to be a rematch of Howe and Pocola for the LCT girls title on Saturday. Pocola rolled past Poteau in one semifinal and Howe beat Talihina by 19 in the other semifinal, but it was much closer than the score indicated. The game was tied early in the second half before the Lady Lions went on an 11-point run and they added another 11-point run in the fourth quarter to pull away. This should be one of the most anticipated championship games in recent history; Pocola's girls are going for a four-peat, something that no girls team in LeFlore County has ever done and Howe was a state finalist last season and returned everybody back this year.

TopDaugIn2000
1/25/2008, 09:22 AM
wow

I gotta pull for Pocola, my grandpa spent his 34 year career there and had several state championship teams for both girls bball and softball.

walden2009
1/25/2008, 12:18 PM
Go Howe. I always enjoy when class A and B are in the finals of this tournament.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/26/2008, 01:56 AM
Good news for TD2K tonight....

Spiro's boys steamrolled Howe by 20 points in the semifinals. Bulldogs jumped out to an early double-digit lead and never let Howe get back into it. Spiro avenged loss to Howe in last year's LCT final.
Talihina won the other semifinal by 20 points, downing Heavener. Golden Tigers hit about five 3-pointers in the first quarter and never looked back.

So on Saturday night, it's Spiro vs. Talihina in the boys final and the long-awaited rematch between Pocola and Howe on the girls side.

TopDaugIn2000
1/26/2008, 11:50 AM
awesome

go bulldogs!!!!

walden2009
1/26/2008, 10:40 PM
Wow. Talihina in the finals? Its been a while. Good for them.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/27/2008, 02:32 AM
Good news for TD2K's alma mater: The Spiro Bulldogs claimed their record 24th LeFlore County Tournament crown with an eight-point win over Talihina in tonight's final.
Then in the girls final, Howe downed Pocola by 18; using their size up front to dominate. Two of Howe's girls combined to score just as many points as the entire Pocola team.
Been a long week of basketball, but I'm ready to get some rest tomorrow and Monday.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/27/2008, 03:12 PM
I went to school at Hartshorne so I played most of the Leflore County teams. I loved Talihina gym for some reason. Hopefullly Poteau doesnt have their crooked rims anymore.