PDA

View Full Version : Dems Debate in South Carolina

Rogue
1/21/2008, 08:47 PM
Hillary and Obama are at each others' throats tonight. Very argumentative about everything so far. The mudslinging has really begun. Can JE win his home state?

Rogue
1/21/2008, 08:50 PM
JE and Hillary both slamming Obama for voting "present" >100 times on difficult votes rather than taking a position. IOW, being too "safe" in his short national political career. Obama is even whining a little bit about it.

Hillary saying Obama won't take responsibiilty, in a straight-up debate, for any vote he's cast.

usmc-sooner
1/21/2008, 09:05 PM
the fact that Hillary is slamming him, makes the dems look weak.

Rogue
1/21/2008, 09:16 PM
the fact that Hillary is slamming him, makes the dems look weak.

How so, USMC?

The weakness I saw was one bit where BO started whining a little bit. Nothing chaffs me more than whining! The Dems have it a little easier than the Rs who are trying to be good Rs without being identified with GWB too much. A tightrope walk for sure. The Dems will, no doubt, invent new and exciting ways to self-destruct in dramatic fashion again this year. I just hope a good one survives it.

Rogue
1/21/2008, 09:30 PM
The more I hear of JE, the more I like him.

Question for BO, "Do you think Bill Clinton was our first black president?"
This oughtta be good...

BO:
I'd have to see him dance first to see if he's a brotha. :D

usmc-sooner
1/21/2008, 09:33 PM
Well how many positions has Hillary taken? the fact that Hillary and Obama are their front runners makes them look weak.

Had this thread been about Republicans I would have said the Republicans look weak.

One thing I don't think the Dem's are taking into account, if Obama wins there will be a lot of people who just won't go vote. If Hillary wins the Dem's every Republican along with a lot of Dem's will turn out in force on election day just to vote against her.

OU-HSV
1/21/2008, 09:44 PM
From what I've seen Hillary is really pulling piddly sh*t out of her *** trying to make Obama look bad. To mud sling is one thing, but I don't think Hillary is doing a bit of good slinging the crap she's slinging. He's pretty much rebutted everything she's dogged him for (that is when she shuts her pie hole up for 5 seconds and lets him get a couple words in). I've watched almost all (if not all) Republican debates so far. This is the first Dem debate I've watched and it's worse than all the repub. debates I've seen so far.
Hillary seems to really be attempting to sell herself on the "troops start coming home 60 days after I take office" idea. Yet she says she's only been to Iraq 3 times. Is that enough to know whether we should be bringing mass amounts of troops back?

Rogue
1/21/2008, 09:46 PM
I agree with you about Hillary being so polarizing that she would mobilize the Republicans, and not just in the '08 elections. My fear is that, despite her politics that I usually agree with, Americans will remain so divided based just on the sheer animosity that she stirs up in the Rs. I don't think she herself is that controversial. In fact, others who are even more liberal aren't as polarizing as she is for some reason. I can't pin it down, but I think it has to do with how she comes across as an elitist snob and is too 'robotic' and too un-feminine.

I like Obama too, but he's a few years precocious so far. All in all, JE has charisma like Obama, Hillary's policy savvy, and more consistency than either of them. Can't for the life of me figure out why he isn't doing better, other than the expensive haircut thing.

Rogue
1/21/2008, 09:53 PM
From what I've seen Hillary is really pulling piddly sh*t out of her *** trying to make Obama look bad.
..... Yet she says she's only been to Iraq 3 times. Is that enough to know whether we should be bringing mass amounts of troops back?

I agree that she's arguing about small issues and just generally attacking Obama. She sort of has to. I think the Clinton strategy will (and should) change some. With Bill C. doing the bulldogging it has undermined her perceived "toughness." Bill needs to stick to what he's good at...charm. JE tries to stay out of the fray and answer the questions instead of obfuscating the issues or arguing about things other than the topic of the question.

I think she's probably pandering on the troop withdrawal issue; however I don't think the # of times she visited Iraq is relevant to her opinion. I've only been there once, over 16 years ago, and I have an opinion. Lots of folks who've never been have beliefs about the war that are just as legitimate. I don't think for a minute that any of the serious contenders are uninformed about Iraq. Just arrive at different conclusions.

Too much emphasis on faith, IMO. As long as your faith, or lack thereof, doesn't contradict American values, it isn't an issue to me. The founding fathers, especially Thomas Jefferson, were men of their time and ahead of their time. When will we, as a civilization, catch up to them?

OU-HSV
1/21/2008, 09:57 PM
I don't care for any of the Dems.
And I'm between 3 of the Repubs. None of which in my eyes are extremely better than the other 2.

Rogue
1/21/2008, 10:03 PM
BO:
I don't think Dr. King would endorse any of us. I think he'd hold us accountable...

Agreed.

Sooner_75
1/21/2008, 10:04 PM
My number one question. They all talk about change. All three were Senators in the United States Congress and didn't do a ****ing thing.

CatfishSooner
1/21/2008, 10:08 PM
My number one question. They all talk about change. All three were Senators in the United States Congress and didn't do a ****ing thing.

heh :D

usmc-sooner
1/21/2008, 10:56 PM

after Carter, people quit letting dumbasses make change. I don't see the Dem's getting much better since then, although some view the Clinton years as good, the thought of Hillary controlling the military makes me want to puke.

Curly Bill
1/21/2008, 11:02 PM
Can't for the life of me figure out why he isn't doing better, other than the expensive haircut thing.

He's a hypocrite, living in a mansion while haranguing the rest of us about being kinder to the environment. I think he comes across as an Al Gore know it all type. Plus he's a former ambulance chaser is he not?

Soonerus
1/21/2008, 11:06 PM
He's a hypocrite, living in a mansion while haranguing the rest of us about being kinder to the environment. I think he comes across as an Al Gore know it all type. Plus he's a former ambulance chaser is he not?

Well qualified for President...

jeremy885
1/22/2008, 09:50 AM
All in all, JE has charisma like Obama, Hillary's policy savvy, and more consistency than either of them. Can't for the life of me figure out why he isn't doing better, other than the expensive haircut thing.

Maybe its because people making over 50K cringe everytime he speaks because we think about the check we will have to write to pay for his programs. Got to give it to him though, at least you know what you're getting if you do vote for him.

sooneron
1/22/2008, 09:54 AM
If Hillary wins the Dem's every Republican along with a lot of Dem's will turn out in force on election day just to vote against her.
I will if McCain is the nom without blinking. Prolly, Mitt, too.

picasso
1/22/2008, 01:28 PM
Edwards is a doosh.

r5TPsooner
1/22/2008, 01:39 PM
Any woman who stays with her husband after his dick has been in someone else's mouth gets little support from me.

picasso
1/22/2008, 01:43 PM
Any woman who stays with her husband after his dick has been in someone else's mouth gets little support from me.
that's the biggest joke of all. She was just riding his coattails. anyone really think she was going to get off that train? even if she wasn't gettin the bubba ride...

soonerscuba
1/22/2008, 01:43 PM

That's because you are selfish. ;)

Civicus_Sooner
1/22/2008, 01:44 PM
Any woman who stays with her husband after his dick has been in someone else's mouth gets little support from me.Okay then.

85Sooner
1/22/2008, 01:46 PM
:eek:

SanJoaquinSooner
1/30/2008, 12:40 AM

Maybe it was important to Chelsea that her parents stay together. Some parents choose against divorce/separation for the children's sake.

I would never judge a parent on an important and personal decision like that. There is no way I could know the very personal family factors involved.

jeremy885
1/30/2008, 07:51 AM
srsly, does Hill dog pay you per post or is it a monthly fee?

SanJoaquinSooner
1/30/2008, 09:49 AM
srsly, does Hill dog pay you per post or is it a monthly fee?

No, I'm just an OU alum and Sooner fan who in interested in presidential politics.

I voted for her over Obama and Edwards in the primary. I'm not sure who I will vote for in the general election if it is between Clinton and McCain.

My top issue is support for free trade. If she starts bashing trade agreements and evil corporations like John Edwards has done, then I will vote for McCain.

DLC Democrats, like her husband, generally support free trade. I don't believe it is in our best interest to turn protectionist...., but rather use the bully pulpit on human rights issues, etc. Each individual consumer can choose to boycott certain products or services if they object on a foreign country's policies, etc. The decision should be made by the consumer, not gov't bureaucrats.