PDA

View Full Version : The **Official** "I don't care that NE cheats, I hope they DESTROY the Giants" thread

SoonerStormchaser
1/21/2008, 07:29 PM
C'mon Pats D...make Eli look worse than Rex last year. I know you can do it!

snp
1/21/2008, 07:33 PM
No way I'm rooting for the effing Patriots. I'm cheering for awesome commercials and lots of beer.

KantoSooner
1/21/2008, 07:53 PM
Ditto. I may not like the Giants, but I hate the Pats. Maybe they can fight to a 4 OT 0-0 draw and then be banished in shame?

OUinFLA
1/21/2008, 07:54 PM
Im cheering for awesome beer and lots of commercials.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/21/2008, 07:59 PM
C'mon Pats D...make Eli look worse than Rex last year. I know you can do it!Yeah, baby!

Blues1
1/21/2008, 08:20 PM
A all East Coast SuperBowl ... Will most likely watch it - but who cares who wins..?? - Not me ... :)
The hype will be more than one person can take.... JMHO...~~~!
Rock on' or whatever.... :)

StormySooner-IN
1/21/2008, 08:45 PM
I'll be the biggest Giants bandwagon fan through the SB.

Hell, they just beat 2 (of 3) my mosted disliked NFL teams in a row; make it three, and I may go buy a ny hat! :D :D :p

Collier11
1/21/2008, 08:46 PM
I am cheering for 2 things, getting drunk and the Pats winning. I want to be able to say that I saw quite possibly the Greatest Pro Football Team EVER! We are witnessing history here, while I would like to see Eli win one, im going with NE.

sanantoniosooner
1/21/2008, 08:55 PM
I am cheering for 2 things, getting drunk and the Pats winning. I want to be able to say that I saw quite possibly the Greatest Pro Football Team EVER! We are witnessing history here, while I would like to see Eli win one, im going with NE.
Bitter fans have trouble with this perspective.

It will be history either way, but the greater of the two is the undefeated season.

I want Mercury Morris to weep out loud.

And some of the haters also.

Flying Scotsman
1/21/2008, 08:57 PM
Start spreading the news...and the booze...
the team's that's gonna lose....is from New Somewhere...

Don't know.

bluedogok
1/21/2008, 09:28 PM
I'll be the biggest Giants bandwagon fan through the SB.

Hell, they just beat 2 (of 3) my mosted disliked NFL teams in a row; make it three, and I may go buy a ny hat! :D :D :p
Are you sure you're not an Aggie? :D

Go Pats....

sooner2b09
1/21/2008, 09:32 PM
As a colts fan I could never cheer for the pats. They disgust me. Heres to hoping a miracle will happen and Eli will win a super bowl.

(cue pigs flying)

SoonerBorn88
1/21/2008, 11:45 PM
I'm looking forward to all the ESPN backtracking if New England loses. They have paraded them around since week 6 as the best team ever, and if they don't win it all, there goes their story. Plus, I can't stand their arrogance. I don't like how they run up the score and keep their starters in late in games where they have 3-4 touchdown leads. Not to mention, they cheated early in the year.

BoulderSooner79
1/22/2008, 12:02 AM

It will be history either way, but the greater of the two is the undefeated season.

Bingo on the Mercury Morris thing! But even if NE wins, Morris will explain why it's not the same accomplishment as the '72 fins. I'll pull for the Pats just to stop the stupid champagne ritual the fins to every year (now if only the Pats will promise not to start doing it...).

But it is hard to pull for Brady. I mean he has 3 rings and how many actress/super model girl friends? He'll probably win the Powerball Lotto too...

1/22/2008, 01:01 AM
But it is hard to pull for Brady. I mean he has 3 rings and how many actress/super model girl friends? He'll probably win the Powerball Lotto too...I saw part of a Miss Hooters contest. One of the fabulous looking finalists was asked what pick up line would most likely work with her. She said, "Hi, I'm Tom Brady".

Crucifax Autumn
1/22/2008, 01:10 AM
Since I don't give a crap about the NFL I'm pulling for the team my bosses like...the Giants!

But in reality, who cares??? Do either of these teams have any former Sooners? If so I'll base my opinion on that.

Collier11
1/22/2008, 03:02 AM
Since I don't give a crap about the NFL I'm pulling for the team my bosses like...the Giants!

But in reality, who cares??? Do either of these teams have any former Sooners? If so I'll base my opinion on that.

Suck up!

NO Sooners but Wes Welker is a stud for the pats, he went to Heritage Hall HS in OKC.

Fraggle145
1/22/2008, 03:30 AM
I want the pats to win for the simple reason that we wont have to hear the "What team will go undefeated?" schtick again for the umpteenth year in a row. but i wouldnt be sad to watch Brady crying on the sideline.

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2008, 06:40 AM

I think you can look down the list of people that have posted in this thread and tell who cares.

Let me know if you need further assistance with that.

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2008, 06:42 AM
I want the pats to win for the simple reason that we wont have to hear the "What team will go undefeated?" schtick again for the umpteenth year in a row. but i wouldnt be sad to watch Brady crying on the sideline.
That will always be a topic as long as somebody hasn't lost yet. But the '72 dolphins wont be relevant to the discussion anymore.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/22/2008, 09:32 AM
I don't like New England but I'm quite ready for the 72 Dolphins to suck it and stop coming on TV and talking like they invented the game of football.

Then Cloverfield's monster can trash Foxboro next year for all I care.

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2008, 09:39 AM
Mercury Morris was just interviewed and I would like to slap his mother.

1/22/2008, 11:45 AM
Mercury Morris was just interviewed and I would like to slap his mother.How pathetic it must be to be a "hater"!

jccouger
1/22/2008, 11:50 AM
Go PATS!

I want to see history, and once I witness history I'm going out and buying a t-shirt and leaving the tags on it. I'm sure it will be worth something years from now.

85sooners
1/22/2008, 12:06 PM

And some of the haters also. thats what i am saying .....screw MERCURY!!!!!!!!!!!!:pop:

1/22/2008, 12:36 PM
Go PATS!

I want to see history, and once I witness history I'm going out and buying a t-shirt and leaving the tags on it. I'm sure it will be worth something years from now.Smart!

sooneron
1/22/2008, 12:40 PM
Mercury Morris was just interviewed and I would like to slap his mother.
NO ****, he is a flippin **** heel.

Sooner_Bob
1/22/2008, 01:55 PM
I'm torn.

On one hand I would like for the Giants to knock off the Pats because Eli is less of a jerk than Tom (and to shut Tiki Barber up). On the other hand it would be cool to see an NFL team go undefeated.

I wonder what Jeremy Shockey is thinking about these days . . .

Collier11
1/22/2008, 02:08 PM
I'm torn.

On one hand I would like for the Giants to knock off the Pats because Eli is less of a jerk than Tom (and to shut Tiki Barber up). On the other hand it would be cool to see an NFL team go undefeated.

I wonder what Jeremy Shockey is thinking about these days . . .

Tom Brady a jerk? That guy is one of the coolest guys around, jealous much?!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2008, 03:19 PM
Mercury Morris has been enjoying all of this..gettin on TV again, saying the stupid crap on purpose to get more TV time.

I hope the game goes for the most points scored ever. I ve got Brady, Manning, Maroney, Bradshaw, Welker and Toomer on my fantasy team

The_Red_Patriot
1/22/2008, 03:23 PM
Bend don't break D baby!!!

18-0 and 1 more to go!

PATS

ruf/nekdad
1/22/2008, 03:37 PM
If you gonna talk pro football, this heres funny....
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jJHb9m4ccmQ&eurl=http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/youtube.pl?IDLink=3339887

westcoast_sooner
1/23/2008, 03:36 PM
I want history to be made. The Giants are a good team, and you have to give it up to them for beating both Dallas and Green Bay on the road when it counted most. But it would be really cool to see the Patriots win it all and go undefeated.

Sco
1/23/2008, 04:04 PM
I don't like New England but I'm quite ready for the 72 Dolphins to suck it and stop coming on TV and talking like they invented the game of football.

But.... they did invent football.... didn't they?

Jason White's Third Knee
1/23/2008, 04:17 PM
Suck up!

NO Sooners but Wes Welker is a stud for the pats, he went to Heritage Hall HS in OKC.

Yeah, well texas tech can suck it. That is swaying me toward the giants.

1/23/2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah, well texas tech can suck it. That is swaying me toward the giants.Did OU even offer Welker, coming out of HS?

Collier11
1/23/2008, 04:42 PM
Did OU even offer Welker, coming out of HS?

:D

GrapevineSooner
1/23/2008, 09:28 PM
Well, here's my rationale for rooting for New England:

1) I'm a Red Sox fan. I can't possibly root against the Patriots and I can certainly root against a team whose fanbase has a significant crossover to the Yankees fanbase.

2) I want to see history made and I want to see those champagne bottles that the '72 Dolphins are just itching to pop the cork stay permanently corked.

3) As a Cowboys fan, it would make me feel a lot better about them losing to the freaking Giants if New England wins in a blowout. I'm sure Packer fans are rooting for the same thing.

yermom
1/23/2008, 10:19 PM
F the Giants

go Pats

i would have rooted for Dallas or Green Bay over them though

SoonerStormchaser
1/24/2008, 01:29 PM
Here's a thought:
Red Sox won the WS
Pats will prolly win the SB
Celtics are kicking the SHIAT outta everyone in the NBA who's not Orlando...and stand a good shot of taking the title.

If the Bruins could get their act together, Boston might be the sports capital of the universe this year.

snp
1/24/2008, 03:25 PM
Here's a thought:
Red Sox won the WS
Pats will prolly win the SB
Celtics are kicking the SHIAT outta everyone in the NBA who's not Orlando...and stand a good shot of taking the title.

If the Bruins could get their act together, Boston might be the sports capital of the universe this year.

Not like anyone on this forum cares but Houston Dynamo beat New England Revolution to prevent the evil empire from spreading.

swardboy
1/25/2008, 01:37 PM
Not like anyone on this forum cares but Houston Dynamo beat New England Revolution to prevent the evil empire from spreading.

Whew......

r5TPsooner
1/25/2008, 03:14 PM
Is it possible for them both to lose?

SoonerBOI
1/27/2008, 09:59 PM
Unless its absolutely pouring, by some miracle, in the desert, I give the Giants no chance. The reason why the Patriots last two games have been close is bad weather. The great irony of this season was that the best teams in both conferences were cold weather teams who didn't play cold weather football. New England was good enough to overcome that and the Packers weren't.

Just hope its a good game. Green Bay had Favre, but a whole bunch of inexperienced players. The Giants maturity and Tom Coughlin should allow for a competitive game.

That said, go Giants.

bluedogok
1/27/2008, 10:57 PM
Is it possible for them both to lose?
As we found out a few years ago with USC-Texas, No........

Unless its absolutely pouring, by some miracle, in the desert, I give the Giants no chance. The reason why the Patriots last two games have been close is bad weather.
If the weather is that bad the roof will be closed, we can't have the corporate elite getting wet like last year :rolleyes:

PDXsooner
1/28/2008, 09:12 AM
cheats? i would hardly call stealing signals cheating. and by going 17-0 after the first game, i think that shows you how much they needed the videotape after all...

soonerhubs
1/28/2008, 10:42 AM
cheats? i would hardly call stealing signals cheating. and by going 17-0 after the first game, i think that shows you how much they needed the videotape after all...
You seem to not understand our mentality. :D
If I want a team to lose and they win, someone cheated. Whether its the video guy, the paid off refs, or some guy on roids, there has to be some logical conclusion other than the fact that they played better than the team I was rooting for.
It's how I cope. I know I should forgive and let bygones be bygones (or even better, accept reality for a change), but I'd rather keep the festering bitter poison in my veins until I die or at least next season.

I use the same method in politics and road trips. You're either with me or against me, nothing is my fault, and if the world would accept that quickly it'd be alot better off. ;)

Mixer!
1/28/2008, 11:44 AM
If the Bruins could get their act together, Boston might be the sports capital of the universe this year. Never happen. As Chris Perry so aptly stated to me once, "Sinden is Satan". ;)

NOTE: Satan refers to http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/931/southpark20070306115011ge1.jpg , not http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7666/satanmiroslav1209sq9.jpg .

PDXsooner
1/28/2008, 09:15 PM
You seem to not understand our mentality. :D
If I want a team to lose and they win, someone cheated. Whether its the video guy, the paid off refs, or some guy on roids, there has to be some logical conclusion other than the fact that they played better than the team I was rooting for.
It's how I cope. I know I should forgive and let bygones be bygones (or even better, accept reality for a change), but I'd rather keep the festering bitter poison in my veins until I die or at least next season.

I use the same method in politics and road trips. You're either with me or against me, nothing is my fault, and if the world would accept that quickly it'd be alot better off. ;)

a-ha, i get it!

mynameisjoe
1/29/2008, 09:26 PM

They don't just steal signals. I've read stories about the radios of coaches of opposing teams that would just magically stop working during key drives at Foxboro. That being said, I hope the Giants crush the Pats. The Giants did beat my Cowboys, but I'm looking at this being the lesser of two evils. Plus I met Eli Manning this summer when I was working in New York City. He was a pretty nice guy.

PDXsooner
1/29/2008, 11:28 PM
I've read stories about the radios of coaches of opposing teams that would just magically stop working during key drives at Foxboro. .

now that's just good ole fashioned home-field advantage!

SoonerStormchaser
1/30/2008, 07:11 PM
And one well placed EC-130H

Animal Mother
2/1/2008, 09:23 AM

Did Mercury shoot your dog????

Animal Mother
2/1/2008, 09:32 AM
How pathetic it must be to be a "hater"!

How pathetic it must be to admire Rash Limplog.

sanantoniosooner
2/1/2008, 09:37 AM
Did Mercury shoot your dog????
nope.

he just gets on the TV as often as possible and make pathetic analogies about teams calling them when "they are on his block".

And he still will consider Miami ahead of NE simply because they were "first".

SoonerStormchaser
2/1/2008, 09:48 AM
See, the sad thing is that even most football historians will take the 2007 Pats over the 1972 Dolphins every day of the week. Morris can't admit that though.

Now the '07 Pats vs. the '85 Bears...THAT would be a match I'd love to see.

Animal Mother
2/1/2008, 09:51 AM
nope.

he just gets on the TV as often as possible and make pathetic analogies about teams calling them when "they are on his block".

And he still will consider Miami ahead of NE simply because they were "first".

After I read more posts I figured that was the deal. He is kind of a feminine hygiene product. I just don’t watch sports shows like I used to and watch about 120 seconds of the Super Bowl pre-game. It started this past Tuesday didn’t it????

sanantoniosooner
2/1/2008, 09:56 AM
Mercury Morris is a yearly embarrassment.

Until everyone has a loss.