PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL SD vs. THE IMPERMEABLE CHEATERS THREAD

sooneron
1/20/2008, 03:34 PM
Hmm, bolts with an oskie!

PAts unraveling with a facemask penalty. Typical-they always get cheap at some point.

sooneron
1/20/2008, 03:53 PM
Jeez, no takers?

Pats up 7-3.

olevetonahill
1/20/2008, 03:53 PM
Why the Hate ?:eek:

olevetonahill
1/20/2008, 03:54 PM
Jeez, no takers?

Pats up 7-3.
Im only watching cause its Football !;)

OU-HSV
1/20/2008, 04:02 PM
I'm only watching cause I want to see the Pats lose. But I get tired of watching their games for that reason.

olevetonahill
1/20/2008, 04:05 PM
I'm only watching cause I want to see the Pats lose. But I get tired of watching their games for that reason.
Why the Hate ?
I cant care less who wins .
The Ball is Bouncing Funny . No CB . Im gonna watch !;)

Rogue
1/20/2008, 04:07 PM
Pats are a machine this year. Must be one of the biggest point spreads in a NFL CCG (14).

Rogue
1/20/2008, 04:09 PM
I'm not a huge Pats fan since they changed uniforms, but they are fun to watch with all the vertical plays.

MextheBulldog
1/20/2008, 04:51 PM
14-9 NE Half

silverwheels
1/20/2008, 04:52 PM
I want the Patriots to lose sometime, but Philip Rivers is such a jackass that I kinda want NE to win this one.

kevpks
1/20/2008, 05:06 PM
One more FG and San Diego can take the lead! 14-12 NE

OU-HSV
1/20/2008, 05:12 PM
One more FG and San Diego can take the lead! 14-12 NE
Seems like SD isn't going to score a touchdown today no matter how close they get.

OU-HSV
1/20/2008, 05:13 PM
I want the Patriots to lose sometime, but Philip Rivers is such a jackass that I kinda want NE to win this one.
Even though I don't care for Rivers either, I still want the Pats to lose

soonerhubs
1/20/2008, 05:15 PM
Even though I don't care for Rivers either, I still want the Pats to lose
Me too. I have no favorite team in the NFL. I might actually respect the Pats, but they cheat, and there's no other way to put it.

Collier11
1/20/2008, 05:21 PM
Me too. I have no favorite team in the NFL. I might actually respect the Pats, but they cheat, and there's no other way to put it.

every team in the NFL cheats, if you think thats not true then you are not being honest with yourself. It obviously had no effect on how good they are

olevetonahill
1/20/2008, 05:21 PM
Splaine Please ?
Hasnt Every team Bee n accussed !

olevetonahill
1/20/2008, 05:23 PM
Oh . Even Us ;)

Collier11
1/20/2008, 05:24 PM
Oh . Even Us ;)

Im talking about NFL but it is possible...my point is that if you are still whining about the Pats getting caught then it is just sour grapes :D

Collier11
1/20/2008, 05:26 PM
All the Pats need to do is score 1 more Td and this is over, the Chargers D is playing tough though! I still think the Pats win

olevetonahill
1/20/2008, 05:28 PM
All the Pats need to do is score 1 more Td and this is over, the Chargers D is playing tough though! I still think the Pats win
No wash yer Mouth . I took the Pats at -14
They need to score at least 2 :D

Collier11
1/20/2008, 05:29 PM
my fault, Pats 28-12 Final! ;)

olevetonahill
1/20/2008, 05:31 PM
my fault, Pats 28-12 Final! ;)
:D :D :D :P

Collier11
1/20/2008, 05:32 PM
Welker in the heezy!

josh09
1/20/2008, 05:37 PM
Lets go Pats!

olevetonahill
1/20/2008, 05:39 PM
Lets go Pats!
They Cheat !:confused:

BudSooner
1/20/2008, 05:43 PM
Pffffffft, bring on the Packers Giants game.

olevetonahill
1/20/2008, 05:46 PM
Pffffffft, bring on the Packers Giants game.
Agreed . After the Pats score another TD ;)

OU-HSV
1/20/2008, 05:57 PM
Chargers suck. Horrible call punting the ball a while ago from the 36 yd. line. Poor coaching, poor playing=of course you'll lose like that

Rogue
1/20/2008, 06:00 PM
Olevet is in the vpoor house. I'm not as vrich as I once was.

olevetonahill
1/20/2008, 06:17 PM
Olevet is in the vpoor house. I'm not as vrich as I once was.
Other Than BEEF Ive been the Richest !:P
Now GB gots to cover to get me back at 200 .
Hell I dont care even If they dont I still gets me 200 ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/20/2008, 06:18 PM
every team in the NFL cheats, if you think thats not true then you are not being honest with yourself. It obviously had no effect on how good they areI would have a tendency to think this, too. I sorta am pulling for the Pats against the NFC winner, because 18-0 would be SOMETHING ELSE, INDEED! ( and MA ain't ALL bad with Romney in the POTUS race)

sanantoniosooner
1/20/2008, 06:22 PM
What needed to happen, did happen.

We needed the Pats to win today.

But it doesn't matter what happens in the SuperBowl. It will be historical. Either the Pats finish it and take over as best team/dynasty ever, or the Packers/Giants score the biggest win in the history of the NFL.

OU-HSV
1/20/2008, 06:25 PM
What needed to happen, did happen.

We needed the Pats to win today.

But it doesn't matter what happens in the SuperBowl. It will be historical. Either the Pats finish it and take over as best team/dynasty ever, or the Packers/Giants score the biggest win in the history of the NFL.
I'm pulling for the Packers today and Feb. 3rd. Maybe someone has been spiking my koolaid with Wisconsin cheese...but I think the Packers can and will take the Giants and the Pats down.

sanantoniosooner
1/20/2008, 06:37 PM
I'm for the Packers today.

As far as the Superbowl goes, I can't lose if it's the Packers/Pats. All I hope is that it's a good game.

If the Giants win today, I hope the Pats run the score up.

olevetonahill
1/20/2008, 06:40 PM
I'm for the Packers today.

As far as the Superbowl goes, I can't lose if it's the Packers/Pats. All I hope is that it's a good game.

If the Giants win today, I hope the Pats run the score up.

SHUT Yo whore Mouth :mad:
eli aint gonna do it . Luck got him this far !:pop:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/20/2008, 06:46 PM
I've had my fill of all things Manning. Nothing against them. Just tired of them and all the hoopla for them, since they aren't Sooners.

sanantoniosooner
1/20/2008, 06:50 PM
SHUT Yo whore Mouth :mad:
eli aint gonna do it . Luck got him this far !:pop:
I'm rooting against him oledrunk.;)

olevetonahill
1/20/2008, 06:54 PM
I'm rooting against him oledrunk.;)
I was talkin about you sayin the elis win !:P
I wasnt drunk till Flag and I spent a few Hrs On the Phone .
Its His fault !;)
:pop: :pop: :pop: :D :hot:

Breadburner
1/20/2008, 07:09 PM
Chargers suck. Horrible call punting the ball a while ago from the 36 yd. line. Poor coaching, poor playing=of course you'll lose like that

+1 What the hell was that all about....Talk about stupid.....

OU-HSV
1/20/2008, 07:19 PM
+1 What the hell was that all about....Talk about stupid.....
Guess I missed that.

soonerhubs
1/20/2008, 07:20 PM
Im talking about NFL but it is possible...my point is that if you are still whining about the Pats getting caught then it is just sour grapes :D
Sour Grapes implies that I'm angry at them because they are better than my team, and I don't have a team in the NFL that I root for.

Sourgrapes? No.

Wishing for Integrity and Little honesty in the Game? More likely.

Breadburner
1/20/2008, 07:26 PM
Guess I missed that.

It was the last time the Chargers touched the ball in the game.......

Collier11
1/20/2008, 07:32 PM
Sour Grapes implies that I'm angry at them because they are better than my team, and I don't have a team in the NFL that I root for.

Sourgrapes? No.

Wishing for Integrity and Little honesty in the Game? More likely.

sour grapes is also something that happened in the past and yet you keep bringing up despite the fact that they are 18-0 without taping the other team

OU-HSV
1/20/2008, 07:37 PM
It was the last time the Chargers touched the ball in the game.......
I get it. A little slow tonight I reckon :D

soonerhubs
1/20/2008, 08:03 PM
sour grapes is also something that happened in the past and yet you keep bringing up despite the fact that they are 18-0 without taping the other team
Maybe so. I'll work on my forgiveness. :D

Collier11
1/20/2008, 08:56 PM
Maybe so. I'll work on my forgiveness. :D

now thats progressive thinking! Ill forgive you :D

Scott D
1/20/2008, 08:57 PM
That game set CBS broadcasting back about 50 years. The good news is that CBS was better 50 years ago than it is now.

sooneron
1/20/2008, 09:07 PM
But they were caught in one of those games cheating. So that point is a little flawed. I fault them for the cheating but I fault Beliechick more for friggin lying afterwards saying that he misunderstood the rules when he had already been warned for the same thing.

Oh and JInts score.

bluedogok
1/20/2008, 09:15 PM
They were "caught" before halftime of the Jets game, the first game of the season. All tapes were confiscated before they could do anything with them, so in effect there was no "cheating" that occurred.

BTW - the Jets had done pretty much the same thing the prior season but it didn't generate any "interest" by the media, since the Jets suck.

sooneron
1/20/2008, 09:19 PM
They were "caught" before halftime of the Jets game, the first game of the season. All tapes were confiscated before they could do anything with them, so in effect there was no "cheating" that occurred.

BTW - the Jets had done pretty much the same thing the prior season but it didn't generate any "interest" by the media, since the Jets suck.And about Bill lying through his teeth? You know for a fact that they hadn't had a chance to look at anything? Are we taking NE's word for it?

sanantoniosooner
1/20/2008, 09:20 PM

BTW - the Jets had done pretty much the same thing the prior season but it didn't generate any "interest" by the media, since the Jets suck.
I'm with you until the last part. What the Jets did was film from a designated location with permission without utilizing the film "in game".

bluedogok
1/20/2008, 09:28 PM
And about Bill lying through his teeth? You know for a fact that they hadn't had a chance to look at anything? Are we taking NE's word for it?
The stories that I have seen on this is they typically deciphered the info of the first half and distributed it at halftime. I am also sure that no other coaches have ever "lied" about anything either. They are all about as trustworthy as a Nascar Crew Chief.

I'm with you until the last part. What the Jets did was film from a designated location with permission without utilizing the film "in game".
There have also been stories to the contrary about last season. I am sure that if the league came down with a specific edict against this practice before this season, that many teams other than the Pats or Jets were doing the same exact thing.

sooneron
1/20/2008, 09:32 PM
The stories that I have seen on this is they typically deciphered the info of the first half and distributed it at halftime. I am also sure that no other coaches have ever "lied" about anything either. They are all about as trustworthy as a Nascar Crew Chief.

I don't remember the part where I extolled the virtues of any other coaches in this thread. We're talking about Belichick here. He cheated and then lied. The guy is devoid of personality and comes off as a heel. Therefore, I don't root for his team.

bluedogok
1/20/2008, 09:42 PM
I listen to Boston sports radio every so often, I listen to his show sometimes. He is pretty good and he comes off much better on there than he does talking to the general media idiots. The show is a radio guy and two former players, he seems much more comfortable with them. Listening to that show changed my opinion of him as he comes off as being "human" in that show instead of Robo-Coach.

I see his media persona as that of his mentor Parcells, they don't really like the general media, they tolerate them. If you ever listen to a complete press conference, I can see why Belichick, Parcells or Stoops get annoyed by stupid question after stupid question and why they come off as "short" with the media.

I have been a Pats fan since the Fairbanks days, there have been times that I don't particularly like him either or some of the stuff that he does. But I also don't think that incident diminishes what they have accomplished and I don't hold coaches to a higher standard, because they are really the same as politicians, just in a different arena....and we know how trustworthy they are.

sooneron
1/20/2008, 09:45 PM
I live 3.5 hours from Foxboro, I've heard his show, I don't hear what you're hearing so much. Better than his press conf demeanor? Yeah, but not likable. I agree that this team is a juggernaut, cheating or not. Them being called out for the cheating is PROBABLY why they are 18-0. I won't pull for them and it would take 5 Sooners on the roster for me to probably do so.
I would bet that Dungy is not so much of a liar, btw. He is a rarity, tho.

bluedogok
1/20/2008, 09:51 PM
The home office of my company is in Indy, we have a few people from that office...let's just say that I am a bit tired of the "Saint Dungy" references. While I think he is probably the best of them out there in that regards, I think the position requires some underhandedness and deception at all levels.

I do think the controversy did drive them throughout the season, they do seem the best at taking a small slight and making a big deal out of it for motivation.

GrapevineSooner
1/20/2008, 10:43 PM
Shortly after this whole cheating scandal broke, Jerry Jones offered up this little anecdote about being appointed to the NFL's competition committee and being introduced to some of his co-committee members. This occurred the year after they won their first Super Bowl and to a man, each and every one of the committee members who represented teams the Cowboys played that year said that they knew quite a bit of the time what play the Cowboys were running and to which side...and they still couldn't stop them.

Point being, you still have to go out there and execute. Which the Patriots have done this year.

Collier11
1/20/2008, 10:45 PM
The Pats played bad today and were still the better team