PDA

View Full Version : RUSH IS COMING TO OKC ON SATURDAY, APRIL 26th!!!!!!

SoonerStormchaser
1/19/2008, 01:31 PM
FORD CENTER

TORONTO, ON – January 18, 2008:

After a hugely successful 2007 tour, the fans have spoken and they want more. Rush officially announce dates for their extended 2008 Snakes & Arrows World Tour. The tour will kick off with their first ever appearance in San Juan, Puerto Rico April 11 and hit over 45 cities throughout the United States and Canada. For Rush fans this will be the first time in over a decade the band will make stops in Orlando, Oklahoma City, New Orleans, Reno, Moline, Boise, Austin, Jacksonville and Winnipeg to name a few. Also for the first time in years the band will play Albuquerque, Edmonton, Vancouver, Hershey and Manchester.

The 2008 tour dates and venues are listed below. Tickets for New Orleans, Reno, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Denver and Detroit go on sale SATURDAY JANUARY 26.
American Express Cardmembers will also have the opportunity to purchase advance tickets January 26th through February 1st for Rush performances in Boston; Chicago, Ft. Lauderdale, Holmdel, Wantagh and January 27th through February 2nd in Los Angeles and Irvine. In addition there will be a MUSICTODAY fan club presale for all Rush performances in conjunction with RUSH.COM starting January 22 through January 24.

A SNAKES AND ARROWS LIVE CD will be released sometime in April. Details are forthcoming. In addition, the track "Malignant Narcissism" from the band’s 2007 release “SNAKES & ARROWS” (Anthem/Atlantic) has been nominated for a Grammy Award in the category Best Rock Instrumental Performance.

Fans will experience the technical virtuosity and hard-rocking compositions they have come to expect from Rush members, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart. In addition the band will update their set list for the 2008 tour.

The Rush tour in North America is produced by Live Nation Global Touring and SRO/Anthem.

For complete tour & ticket information, fan club presales and more, visit: www.rush.com & www.livenation.com

I'm in...I'm making my wife come with me.

Who's coming with me? :hmfic:?

StoopTroup
1/19/2008, 02:17 PM
how much are tickets?

tulsaoilerfan
1/19/2008, 02:23 PM
I guess i'm one of the few that never really liked Rush; they have a couple of songs that i like but that's about it

SoonerStormchaser
1/19/2008, 02:28 PM
BLASPHEMY!!! May HoserSooner come down on your ***! ;)

BigRedJed
1/19/2008, 02:28 PM
Most excellent.

SleestakSooner
1/19/2008, 02:38 PM
Careful... RLIMC and OUTuba might wet themselves! The band guys, NOT the pill popping blabber mouth.

SicEmBaylor
1/19/2008, 02:53 PM
FORD CENTER

I'm in...I'm making my wife come with me.

Who's coming with me? :hmfic:?

Does she know who Rush is?

Mjcpr
1/19/2008, 02:56 PM

Yes, they were popular when she was going through the change.

Newbomb Turk
1/19/2008, 02:59 PM
I guess i'm one of the few that never really liked Rush; they have a couple of songs that i like but that's about it

I'm one of that few also.

r5TPsooner
1/19/2008, 03:02 PM
I'm one of that few also.

Count me in as well.

LosAngelesSooner
1/19/2008, 04:03 PM
Well, it turns out I'm a gonna be there as well.

Phil? Check your PMbox.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/19/2008, 05:01 PM
Give us a report. (ie, is Geddy's voice still strong?)I saw them in '90 or '91 here in PHX. They were good, but the audience was out of control noisy.

bluedogok
1/19/2008, 05:18 PM
April 23 here in Austin, it will make the 7th time that I have seen them. At least this time it should not be 110 degrees outside like last August when I didn't go.

SoonerStormchaser
1/19/2008, 05:29 PM

Yes, after all, she's married to me!
And she went with me, my parents and my younger brother to see them in San Antonio last August:D ...and she got bonus points for going to see them while having a miscarriage.:O

LAS...can you get me my request?

Paperclip
1/19/2008, 06:01 PM
how much are tickets?

$85.00, $65.00, $49.50

StoopTroup
1/19/2008, 06:03 PM
Not bad.

Sounds like fun too.

I haven't seen them in years.

Do they still play their classics?

SoonerStormchaser
1/19/2008, 06:05 PM
Hell yes!

LosAngelesSooner
1/20/2008, 01:04 AM
Yes, after all, she's married to me!
And she went with me, my parents and my younger brother to see them in San Antonio last August:D ...and she got bonus points for going to see them while having a miscarriage.:O

LAS...can you get me my request?
I can try...but autographs are tough to come by.

But I may be able to hook a couple of people up with a meet and greet.

And Geddy's voice has sounded better on this tour than their last several tours. Probably the best since Grace Under Pressure.

SoonerStormchaser
1/20/2008, 09:59 AM
Oh please oh please! I'd love you forever (in a non-ghey way) if you could do that!!!!

LosAngelesSooner
1/21/2008, 02:23 AM
I will check and see.

OUDoc
1/21/2008, 08:54 AM
This might make it okay that I have to miss Van Halen tomorrow.