PDA

View Full Version : I got a new iPod!!!

setem
1/18/2008, 10:56 PM
I don't have it just yet. I can pick it up on Tuesday from the IT office at OU!This will be my 3rd iPod in 3 years. The others 2 fell to the hands of thieves!!! This one is going be watched like hawk and will never be left in my car ever!!!!

Black iPod Classic 160gigs of music movies and pictures!!! BOOYA!!!:D

I am going to put every movie I have ever illegally downloaded on it and all of my music!!!

I am going to invest in some head-phones that are not white so no one will know it's an iPod!!!

KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF YOU THIEVING SCUM!!! :mad:

Soonerus
1/18/2008, 10:58 PM
160G , that's huge....

TopDaugIn2000
1/18/2008, 11:00 PM
160?!?!?!?!?!?!

makes my 60 look puny.... :(

I had to narrow my song selection down to my 13,000 favorites.....

bluedogok
1/18/2008, 11:22 PM
Black iPod Classic 160gigs of music movies and pictures!!! BOOYA!!!:D
That is the one that I got for Christmas, I have a 4 year old 40gb iPod that has survived a few drops and a motorcycle crash.

I am going to invest in some head-phones that are not white so no one will know it's an iPod!!!
I bought a black set of the Etymotic ER6i-B Ear Speakers (http://www.buy.com/prod/etymotic-er6i-blk-b-isolator-earphones-black/q/loc/101/204166579.html) to go with the the new one and use the old ER6i white ones at work. I tried a bunch of different types of ear buds/helmet speakers and these work better than all of them.

Frozen Sooner
1/18/2008, 11:30 PM
I am going to put every movie I have ever illegally downloaded on it and all of my music!!!

KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF YOU THIEVING SCUM!!! :mad:

Ah, irony.

Soonerus
1/18/2008, 11:33 PM
Does a 160G IPOD exist ???

Frozen Sooner
1/18/2008, 11:34 PM
Yep. They came out in August or September of last year. Same time that they started selling the Touch.

Soonerus
1/18/2008, 11:35 PM
Yep. They came out in August or September of last year. Same time that they started selling the Touch.

Cool, I did not know that...truly amazing....160G is massive

Frozen Sooner
1/18/2008, 11:37 PM
Cool, I did not know that...truly amazing....160G is massive

It is, though I wish Apple would focus more on the solid state storage players instead of the hard drives. It'd drive down solid state storage prices in a hurry and we'd start seeing 60GB iPhones and such.

bluedogok
1/18/2008, 11:37 PM
It is a little smaller, thinner and lighter than my 40gb model. The entire industry is pushing the flash memory players much more than the hard drive based players. I think the holdup is the memory industry, they just aren't increasing size at the same rate as the hard drives.

Soonerus
1/18/2008, 11:39 PM
It is, though I wish Apple would focus more on the solid state storage players instead of the hard drives. It'd drive down solid state storage prices in a hurry and we'd start seeing 60GB iPhones and such.

I'd like a 60G iphone...

Frozen Sooner
1/18/2008, 11:41 PM
It is a little smaller, thinner and lighter than my 40gb model. The entire industry is pushing the flash memory players much more than the hard drive based players. I think the holdup is the memory industry, they just aren't increasing size at the same rate as the hard drives.

I guarantee that if Apple said "Hey, we're not putting hard drives in iPods anymore starting tomorrow" that you'd see a pretty massive R&D push into solid state. ;)

bluedogok
1/18/2008, 11:48 PM
The flash based ones outsell the Classic line something like 4 to 1, they make more sense in that batteries last longer as well. The only attraction of the hard drive based ones is by sheer capacity for people with large music collections like me. For the most part they ave kind of fallen out of favor. I think they just haven't cleared that hurdle with chips ...yet.

For myself, I want an iPhone when I can upgrade from the Samsung Blackjack but I don't really care about music capacity on it, I have never used that feature on my existing phone or GPS that has MP3 capabilities. I would rather have dedicated devices than an all in one tool.

I also have a 2gb Sansa, I bought it before we went to the F1 race at Indy to pickup the track radio (FM) but use it for mowing the yard.

Mjcpr
1/18/2008, 11:49 PM
I also have a 2gb Sansa, I bought it before we went to the F1 race at Indy to pickup the track radio (FM) but use it for mowing the yard.

We just have a Murray.

OUAndy1807
1/19/2008, 01:19 AM
get yourself some of these badboys to go with it and you'll have my setup.
http://store.whsle.biz/images/A8.jpg

Tiptonsooner
1/19/2008, 06:26 AM
I was given an 80gig by one of my parts suppliers. I have every bit of music I own on it and have used only 5gigs of memory. Technology is wasted on me.