PDA

View Full Version : WTH??? tOSU #1 2008

madillsoonerfan5353
1/18/2008, 07:22 PM
Just looked at foxsport.com they have tOSU #1 in 2008! We are behind them and UG!!!! I don't know how to link it!!!

:confused:

Desert Sapper
1/18/2008, 07:26 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7687842

heh. I can't believe they rank us so high after we lose Lofton and Smith. At least the luckeyes get Laurinaitis back.

jk the sooner fan
1/18/2008, 07:39 PM
why in the blue hell would anybody care what the preseason rankings are for a season thats 8 months away?

Mjcpr
1/18/2008, 07:42 PM
why in the blue hell would anybody care what the preseason rankings are for a season thats 8 months away?

I've got us favored by 4 in next year's Fiesta Bowl.

jk the sooner fan
1/18/2008, 07:44 PM
I've got us favored by 4 in next year's Fiesta Bowl.

put me down for 50!

madillsoonerfan5353
1/18/2008, 08:16 PM

I'm thinking you need to change your avatar to a horse's *** instead! These other threads are getting kind of old, I'm not much of a basketball fan on any level! So I'm waiting for football!

jk the sooner fan
1/18/2008, 08:29 PM
I'm thinking you need to change your avatar to a horse's *** instead! These other threads are getting kind of old, I'm not much of a basketball fan on any level! So I'm waiting for football!

i'm guessing you might want to spend the off season figuring out that pre-season rankings mean about as much as............

well something that means nothing at all

i wouldnt lose sleep over it, its just magazines trying to make money because there's nothing else to write about

Newbomb Turk
1/18/2008, 08:32 PM
oh noes, we suck again.

madillsoonerfan5353
1/18/2008, 08:47 PM
I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. I just thought it was confirming the media love for the Big 11 and the PAC 10! Sorry for being a little pushy, not a good day!!!

jk the sooner fan
1/18/2008, 08:50 PM
dude, they're just prognosticating and filling magazine space

dont buy into all the anti OU/big 12 conspiracy theories

josh09
1/18/2008, 10:47 PM
Just looked at foxsport.com they have tOSU #1 in 2008! We are behind them and UG!!!! I don't know how to link it!!!

Thats like putting us at #1 in 2005..... :D

Crucifax Autumn
1/19/2008, 01:41 AM
Blah, blah...Delusions are fun...ramble, ramble...

OUTrumpet
1/19/2008, 02:15 AM
They travel to USC in week 2 or 3...

get ready, cause ESPN will be crowing for USC all season for beating them handily.

Crucifax Autumn
1/19/2008, 04:31 AM
Well, that explains it...bastages!

bri
1/19/2008, 05:00 AM
How DARE they think that a team that played for the national title and isn't going to be ravaged by graduation and early declarers is going to be good next year! THEY'RE OUT TO GET US!!!

Jesus, you people couldn't be dumber if your mothers ate paint chips while they were carrying you to term and washed them down with whiskey. For f*ck's sake, go outdoors or something.

1/19/2008, 06:48 AM
Mmm. Paint chips and whiskey. I can't believe Sonic hasn't made this a number meal.

BudSooner
1/19/2008, 08:38 AM
Heh.

MamaMia
1/19/2008, 11:46 AM
I'm thinking you need to change your avatar to a horse's *** instead! These other threads are getting kind of old, I'm not much of a basketball fan on any level! So I'm waiting for football! I'm thinking you need to change your avatar to a bird brain.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/503300522_20e7430a25.jpg n00b :rolleyes:

Scott D
1/19/2008, 11:49 AM
I heard that Jimbo Numbnuts' blog has Notre Dame ranked #1 in 2008 because they don't lose much from a team that didn't do much last season. Someone needs to start a thread about how much of an injustice that is.

goingoneight
1/19/2008, 06:30 PM
I'm a little more concerned that we're in everyone's top 5 right now. By seasonm's end we could be playing like a top five team, as is usual under Stoops (no meaningless bowl game stats counted)... but we're in for a bit if not a lot of a rebuilding next season. NTM, we go to CS and Stoolwater again, which are never guaranteed W's like when the agroids are in Nompton.

I'll hold my breath before I predict a dream season. Winning season? Yes... 9 minimum, 11-3 max. Dream season? Let's just say I'm not putting anything on it just yet. Just be glad we're not wearing orange.

JLEW1818
1/19/2008, 06:39 PM
I think msn got it right. Watch out for Calhoun coming in this year, the dude can run. I think the 3 headed monster is back!

bri
1/20/2008, 12:22 AM
I'm a little more concerned that we're in everyone's top 5 right now.

Well, most of those people released their lists before half our team decided to go pro early. Most updated rankings have us in the lower half of the top ten, which may still be a bit much really.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/20/2008, 01:24 AM
Well, most of those people released their lists before half our team decided to go pro early. Most updated rankings have us in the lower half of the top ten, which may still be a bit much really.

On that cheery note....

Smith? I'm sorry... never one of my favorites. Good. Not great. Losing Senior leadership and experience is never the ideal situation, granted. But each of Lindy, Nic and D.J. were his equivalent this last year. And Reggie disappeared on Special Teams returns this year. (Or even, killed us in one particular situation this last year.)

Kelly is a loss. But how horrible a loss?.... injury issues, especially in big games. Why?....

He wasn't there many times when we needed him. (Two Fiesta Bowls come to mind.... *ahem*.) So... this team has got to be secure in the fact that they can win without him. He is one difference maker. But he is NOT a one man TEAM.

Now Lofton... That's a pretty nasty loss. He rocked this year. And we were none too deep before he declared. Now we could be said to be in trouble. Our experienced linebackers now = Ryan Reynolds. And that... is.... it.

Half our team... no.

Some concerns... yes.

I think lower half of Top 10 is certainly there. Lower than that would still, IMHO, be underacheiving by this group.... by a great degree.

Top 5 next year folks, will be gravy, pure and simple.

Hold onto your hats.....

Big Red Ron
1/20/2008, 09:19 AM
I didn't get a harumph out of that guy.

http://www.filmreference.com/images/sjff_03_img0979.jpg

PLaw
1/20/2008, 10:53 AM
At this point, who really cares about any pre/pre-season poll. Don't know officially who will sign a letter of intent, don't know how spring ball will go, and who may get injured, not make their grades, or in the case of texass who ends up on the police blotter.

The important pre-season poll will come out in July - it sets the stage for the season. Until then, enjoy this comic section on these websites and get excited about national signing day and the Red-White game.

BOOMER

55-44-43-48 NEVER AGAIN

OU_Sooners75
1/20/2008, 11:00 AM
Who cares...especially about rankings for next Season in January?

Let's prove it on the field of play.

effay
1/20/2008, 11:12 AM

That's preposterous. Ohio St. should be ranked 5-10 and they should get a de facto 5 year ban from playing in the NC for sucking.

bri
1/20/2008, 12:50 PM
That's preposterous. Oklahoma should be ranked 5-10 and they should get a de facto 5 year ban from playing in the BCS for sucking.

Signed,
America

Seriously, don't you think we should leave this wailing and teeth-gnashing to a fanbase that can actually win a BCS bowl game?

sooneron
1/20/2008, 03:52 PM
Smith? I'm sorry... never one of my favorites. Good. Not great. Losing Senior leadership and experience is never the ideal situation, granted. But each of Lindy, Nic and D.J. were his equivalent this last year. And Reggie disappeared on Special Teams returns this year. (Or even, killed us in one particular situation this last year.)

I have to respectfully disagree, the sign of a good corner is that you rarely hear his name mentioned during a game. On Defense, I rarely heard Reggie's name unless it was him making a tackle. He didn't get burned much this year.
On ST he was not what he had been. I think a lot of that had to do with the knee injury. He never seemed the same, as some have pointed out. I think DF or DM should have been out there sooner and more often.

effay
1/20/2008, 04:56 PM
Signed,
America

Seriously, don't you think we should leave this wailing and teeth-gnashing to a fanbase that can actually win a BCS bowl game?

I actually think America enjoys seeing us get beat by low quality teams. It's an underdog story that keeps ending like you would imagine it in the movies, especially since everyone still hates us for supposedly stealing 2 NC berths. On the other hand, there's nothing redeeming about watching a bad team loose to a good one, which is Ohio State's predicament.

reevie
1/20/2008, 06:29 PM
I saw that the Tuscumbia (AL) Times-Eagle, Winfield (AL) Post-Herald, Cottondale (AL) Chronicle, and Bay Minette (AL) Municple Reporter have all declared the Alabama Crimson Tide 2008 National Champions.

effay
1/20/2008, 06:32 PM
I saw that the Tuscumbia (AL) Times-Eagle, Winfield (AL) Post-Herald, Cottondale (AL) Chronicle, and Bay Minette (AL) Municple Reporter have all declared the Alabama Crimson Tide 2008 National Champions.

Alabama isn't going anywhere while J. P. Wilson is still behind center. He should go play baseball with his brother.

sooneron
1/20/2008, 09:39 PM
Alabama isn't going anywhere while J. P. Wilson is still behind center. He should go play baseball with his brother.
http://gardkarlsen.com/maldives/nikki_finding_nemo_maldives.jpg

noobs :rolleyes:

Youngsooner
1/20/2008, 09:40 PM
I'd rather us not be ranked and play our schedule... we seem to play better as an underdog

SoonerTerry
1/20/2008, 09:45 PM
Who cares...especially about rankings for next Season in January?

Let's prove it on the field of play.

I'll meet ya there;)

OUmillenium
1/20/2008, 10:49 PM
Harumph!!

For those who "don't care" about preseason or this thread...get out of the thread. I don't care that much either but College Football is over and we need some fodder.