PDA

View Full Version : Paint Suggestions

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/18/2008, 05:46 PM
I'm painting my dining room soon. This weekend I'm buying paint because Behr Paints are on sale at Home Depot.

Anyway, my dining room is pretty small (think breakfast room size). It has a chair rail. I'm going to paint the top a crimsony/wine color. Below the chair rail is going to be a cream color.

Has anyone used a pale yellow/cream color that they would recommend? I'd like for it to be dark enough that it's not mistaken for white.

royalfan5
1/18/2008, 05:48 PM
I'd recommend you go with a nice fake wood paneling instead, but that's just me.

IB4OU2
1/18/2008, 05:49 PM
Do you need a ladder?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/18/2008, 05:55 PM
I'd recommend you go with a nice fake wood paneling instead, but that's just me.I do have fake wood paneling, thank you very much. It's just going to be covered up by the cream colored paint. The pevious owner took care of that for me.

I was just googling information and found a site where posters hate the Behr paint. Has anyone had any experience with it?

I don't need a ladder. Being short I have one on hand. I should be able to reach the chair rail with it. :D

picasso
1/18/2008, 06:19 PM
use a strong enamel for the wood, and do it first.

just sayin.

olevetonahill
1/18/2008, 06:53 PM
Id Use a pale yellow / creame Ifit was me ;)

sooner_born_1960
1/18/2008, 07:03 PM
I'd go with a semi-gloss acrylic latex on the paneling, and a satin acrylic latex on the wall. Behr paint is fine.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/18/2008, 07:10 PM
use a strong enamel for the wood, and do it first.

just sayin.The paneling has already been painted over by the previous owner. Do I still need to use the enamel?

picasso
1/18/2008, 07:16 PM
if you're painting it a different color I would, but it takes a while to dry. Enamel is just better for the woodworkings.

sooner n houston
1/18/2008, 08:20 PM
Love me some behr paint. Very good paint for the money. JMHO, I'm no expert but I have used several brands and I liked behr.

olevetonahill
1/18/2008, 08:45 PM
Love me some behr paint. Very good paint for the money. JMHO, I'm no expert but I have used several brands and I liked behr.
I like me some BEER to ;)
Now I cant remember . Is it Latex wont stick to enamal or vicyversa?:confused:

SoonerInKCMO
1/18/2008, 09:30 PM
Why don't you get some of those official team color paints that are always being advertised on my TV?

olevetonahill
1/18/2008, 09:31 PM
Why don't you get some of those official team color paints that are always being advertised on my TV?

Ya them Fatheads thingies :cool: