PDA

View Full Version : Do you maximize the technological capabilities of your cell phone?

royalfan5
1/18/2008, 10:31 AM
I have the cheapest model possible, and I don't. I use the basic ringtones, don't send text messages, and use the internet only on computers and Wii's. Do some of you folk get your money's worth out of your fancy phones?

bri
1/18/2008, 10:32 AM
Judging by its delightful tendency to freeze up on me, I'd say I exceed the technological capabilities of my cellie. :D

Curly Bill
1/18/2008, 10:33 AM
Not even close, though I do text on a rare basis and I do have some fancy ringtones (not Boomer Sooner).

...but use it for internet? pffft

bri
1/18/2008, 10:36 AM
Do you need someone to tell you where you can get a Boomer Schooner ringtone?

Curly Bill
1/18/2008, 10:37 AM
Do you need someone to tell you where you can get a Boomer Schooner ringtone?

Nah, I'm good. :D

OUDoc
1/18/2008, 10:38 AM
I have a basic ringtone. I do Bluetooth to my car so I can hands-free talk. I installed more memory, yet never figured out how to put music on it. So, no, I really don't.

usmc-sooner
1/18/2008, 10:42 AM
I got my daughter a cell phone and she maximizes my bill

Ike
1/18/2008, 10:45 AM
my cell phone was made in 1998. I max it out every time I take a call on it.

Vaevictis
1/18/2008, 11:36 AM
I have the cheapest model possible, and I don't. I use the basic ringtones, don't send text messages, and use the internet only on computers and Wii's. Do some of you folk get your money's worth out of your fancy phones?

No text messages. I'm not willing to pay for them. Send me a goddamn email.

No internet -- I would if Sprint didn't cripple the goddamn phone and make it difficult for me to tether it to a PC. (Yes, I probably could get around it, but I'm not going to spend a lot of time on it for the privilege of giving them $20/mo.)

I occasionally use the camera. Regularly use the mp3 player. Use the bluetooth in the car all the time.

Would use the calendar/contact lists more if there was free software to sync it with my normal software for that purpose.

OUAndy1807
1/18/2008, 11:37 AM
I depend on my cell phone pretty extensively because I have a job that usually has very tight deadlines but also requires me to be away from my desk for large chunks of time.

BillyBall
1/18/2008, 12:27 PM
I have a Blackberry through work and all I do is use it to send emails/text and use the phone. It's a huge waste of money but I'm required to have it.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/18/2008, 01:16 PM
usually 1500 to 2000 text messages a month..I don't use it to talk..Thats why I have 2 trillion roll over minutes

jr4ou
1/18/2008, 01:19 PM
i need a new phone. one i have now is couple years old. i take pics with it and text, thats bout it.

silverwheels
1/18/2008, 02:41 PM
I would but some of the features would add about $30 to my bill--mostly innerweb-based applications. The free stuff is still awesome, though.

Frozen Sooner
1/18/2008, 03:25 PM
I guess so. It's my primary e-mail and music device. I'm bluetooth-connected to both my home and car phones. I use the mapping feature when I'm out of town. The calendaring and contacts are awesome sauce.

I guess I don't watch a lot of video on it, so there's that, but with only 8GB of storage it's just too small to put much video on there.

SicEmBaylor
1/18/2008, 03:28 PM
I have a blackberry pearl, and I utilize maybe 80% of it. I've never been a good "appointment and task" keeper so that sort of goes to waste. I also rarely use bluetooth for whatever reason.

I do text and use the net frequently though. It's very handy to be out somewhere and have the ability to look information up on the fly when you need to (like a restaurant's phone number, directions, etc.)

Frozen Sooner
1/18/2008, 03:30 PM
I have a blackberry pearl, and I utilize maybe 80% of it. I've never been a good "appointment and task" keeper so that sort of goes to waste. I also rarely use bluetooth for whatever reason.

I do text and use the net frequently though. It's very handy to be out somewhere and have the ability to look information up on the fly when you need to (like a restaurant's phone number, directions, etc.)

Or how to get to Houston from Waco...

M
1/18/2008, 03:35 PM
Sicem, what do you think of the Blackberry Pearl? I'm thinking about getting one...

Oh, and the only thing my current phone can do is make/receive calls, text, tell time and be used as an alarm clock. But hey, it has a snazzy phone charm dangle from Hawaii :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
1/18/2008, 03:57 PM
Sicem, what do you think of the Blackberry Pearl? I'm thinking about getting one...

Oh, and the only thing my current phone can do is make/receive calls, text, tell time and be used as an alarm clock. But hey, it has a snazzy phone charm dangle from Hawaii :rolleyes:

I love it. It depends on what you're going to use it for. If you intend to write a LOT of appointments and notes on fly with it then you'd probably be better off going with a Curve simply because the keyboard isn't QWERTY and sort of small.

On the other hand, it's very easy to sync your Calendar, notes, contacts, etc. from your computer. It's highly customizable with the ringtones, theme, and such. I think it's a great phone.

I really only have a couple of complaints:

-The ringtone volume is a little too low for me even on the highest setting and there's no way to set it to vibrate AND ring. You can set it to vibrate and THEN ring though.

-I wish there were more font options.

-The mini-SD card is located under the battery so there's no way to hot-swap cards.

That's about it really. I love the phone.

MamaMia
1/18/2008, 04:30 PM
I haven't tried the Time Machine device on mine yet, but I did just master the Email an Image feature.