PDA

View Full Version : Definately

My Opinion Matters
1/17/2008, 04:34 PM
It's definitely not spelled that way. Why is this hard for people? My brain cells die a little every time I see it spelled that way.

Second rant: Ineptitude is not a word. I don't care if its the dictionary. Some butcher of the English language created this word a couple of years ago and it caught on.

Third rant: I need more fiber in my diet.

proud gonzo
1/17/2008, 04:36 PM
your halarious

frankensooner
1/17/2008, 04:37 PM
We got a note from a neighbor once who spelt it "Defiantly". I snortled!

Boomer.....
1/17/2008, 04:38 PM
http://www.shopfree.com/offerimages/metamucilusa_bg.gif

You are definately YWIA!

My Opinion Matters
1/17/2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks 4 notacing

soonerinabilene
1/17/2008, 04:46 PM
Second rant: Ineptitude is not a word. I don't care if its the dictionary. Some butcher of the English language created this word a couple of years ago and it caught on.

If ineptitude was the dictionary, it most certainly would be a word. It would be what we now call dictionary. dictionary would not be a word.;)

Vaevictis
1/17/2008, 04:49 PM

Mirriam-Webster (http://aolsvc.merriam-webster.aol.com/dictionary/ineptitude) disagrees with you. :D

New words get created all the time. Get over yourself ;)

My Opinion Matters
1/17/2008, 04:50 PM
If ineptitude was the dictionary, it most certainly would be a word. It would be what we now call dictionary. dictionary would not be a word.;)

I am definately going to end you.

crawfish
1/17/2008, 04:51 PM
its not a problem for me.

soonerbrat
1/17/2008, 04:52 PM

and since we're being picky it would be "it's the dictionary" not "its the dictionary"

My Opinion Matters
1/17/2008, 04:54 PM
Mirriam-Webster (http://aolsvc.merriam-webster.aol.com/dictionary/ineptitude) disagrees with you. :D

New words get created all the time. Get over yourself ;)

The ineptitude of that link won't allow me to view that page. You know why it's not a word? Because adeptitude is not a word. At least not yet. If anyone starts using adeptitude I WANT CREDIT. And FWIW, aptitude does not equal adeptitude.

My Opinion Matters
1/17/2008, 04:58 PM
and since we're being picky it would be "it's the dictionary" not "its the dictionary"

I'm an epic failure.

Whet
1/17/2008, 04:59 PM

New words! That is why one of our secretaries was recycling a dictionary that was in great condition and when I asked her why she was tossing it, she said it was old. Now, I get it! It was full of old words!

That definately has me wondoring about how often should we replace these dictionaries....

soonerbrat
1/17/2008, 04:59 PM
I'm an epic failure.

re-read your original post. you said that word was the dictionary.

not that it was in the dictionary.

we're just teasing you.

My Opinion Matters
1/17/2008, 05:01 PM
re-read your original post. you said that word was the dictionary.

not that it was in the dictionary.

we're just teasing you.

Damn kids get off my lawn!

soonerinabilene
1/17/2008, 05:18 PM
Serenity now.