PDA

View Full Version : Blake to return sooner than expected?

Crimsontothecore
1/17/2008, 03:07 PM
James Hale was on the sports animal in Tulsa this morning and he predicted blake would return after two weeks. Apparently a conversation he had with Alex Brown led him to believe the four weeks originally reported was a bit exaggerated.

Boomer.....
1/17/2008, 03:11 PM
I have heard people say that Blake is a fast recoverer and might be able to come back a little quicker than predicted. This might just be some more of Hale's optimistic outlook.

ouradu
1/17/2008, 03:58 PM
The original report on soonersports said UP TO 4 weeks. When I first read that I was assuming we were talking less than 4 weeks.

SleestakSooner
1/17/2008, 04:08 PM
I say he will play against Aggie-lite next Big Monday night.

/me crosses fingers

tommieharris91
1/17/2008, 04:15 PM
I say he will play against Aggie-lite next Big Monday night.

/me crosses fingers

Game @Baylor is only 2 days before it.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/17/2008, 04:44 PM
The two people I knew that had at least a similar injury were both back in about 2 weeks. I didn't think 4 weeks was that likely and was more likely the worst case scenario but I was thinking roughly 3, say the Texas game Feb 6.

stoopified
1/18/2008, 12:56 PM
I hope Hale is right BUT I am not holding my breath.

Mjcpr
1/19/2008, 12:05 AM
Does he have his own personal hyperbaric chamber at home?

sooner518
1/19/2008, 11:48 AM
i heard that Blake heals like Wolverine and was actually completely healed within 5 minutes of the injury but they held him out because they didnt want to reveal his secret mutant identity. Dean said theres a 92/28% chance that that's true.

stoopified
1/19/2008, 08:44 PM
i heard that Blake heals like Wolverine and was actually completely healed within 5 minutes of the injury but they held him out because they didnt want to reveal his secret mutant identity. Dean said theres a 92/28% chance that that's true.Thats a lie,its all garbage.It makes me wanna puke because I know Deans math ain't that good. :D

OUSKINS
1/19/2008, 09:03 PM
For the record, Blake was limping pretty good out there in street clothes. Having said that, he wasn't on crutches or anything, so take that for what it's worth. He did have some serious bling though! :)

tommieharris91
1/20/2008, 04:33 AM
He did have some serious bling though! :)

Uhh those wre just dog tags...

OUSKINS
1/20/2008, 09:49 AM
Uhh those wre just dog tags...

That's what happens when your seats are in Sec. N5 :)

From up there, it was total bling!

Lott's Bandana
1/20/2008, 12:30 PM
all these "Blake" thread titles are giving me tremors...

http://www.quickpicturehost.com/images/qph-1200850230.jpg

tommieharris91
1/23/2008, 01:26 AM
I've heard a report today that Blake had his knee drained today. Capel said he is doubtful to play at Baylor on Saturday, but could play in that game. He has a better chance to play that Monday against the ratpack, and will most likely be back vs ATM the next Saturday.

Good news indeed.

OUSKINS
1/23/2008, 08:03 AM
I've heard a report today that Blake had his knee drained today. Capel said he is doubtful to play at Baylor on Saturday, but could play in that game. He has a better chance to play that Monday against the ratpack, and will most likely be back vs ATM the next Saturday.

Good news indeed.

Where did you hear this?

tommieharris91
1/23/2008, 09:48 AM
Over on the ouinsider board. They said they heard it on the sports animal.

OUSKINS
1/23/2008, 10:03 AM
Cool, thanks. I hope it's accurate.

soonerguild
1/23/2008, 02:05 PM
Jeff was on the sports animal last night with Al and said that he might play monday against the pokes and is expected back for the aTm game.

Boomer.....
1/24/2008, 03:53 PM
Griffin attends practice

by: GUERIN EMIG World Sports Writer
1/24/2008 12:00 AM

Injured star went through team stretches on Tuesday.

NORMAN -- Blake Griffin's laborious return to the Oklahoma basketball team continued Wednesday when he was allowed to stretch with teammates before practice. It signaled that things are progressing for the 6-foot-10 freshman who sprained a knee ligament at Kansas Jan. 14.

It did not, however, mean the Sooners were getting their scoring and rebounding leader back earlier than anticipated.

Asked if the original timetable on Griffin's return -- up to four weeks, encompassing six games -- remained, OU coach Jeff Capel said: "As far as I know. It's what I've been told."

"It feels a lot better," Griffin said. "I'm still not out of the woods. I've still got a lot of work to do to get it where it needs to be."

The Sooners may get an update today when Griffin is reevaluated by team physician Brock Schnebel. Until now, though, things have gone as expected since Griffin strained his medial collateral ligament after landing from a rebound battle at Kansas.

He had 80 cubic centimeters of fluid drained from his left knee Monday, a procedure that was anticipated as part of the recovery process.

Griffin was on the practice court before many of his teammates Tuesday. He bent at the waist and walked up and down the floor while dribbling with both hands. Wednesday, he did some stationary shooting before stretching.

"It's hard to predict when he's going to go back to full practice," OU trainer Alex Brown said. "Since we started moving him on Monday, he's been getting better every day. It's a matter of time."

The Sooners, who defeated Texas Tech without Griffin last Saturday and will be without him at Baylor this Saturday, are likely to be cautious.

"We don't want to do anything to put him in jeopardy or to further damage anything," Capel said. "Whenever he is able to come back or is cleared, I want him to be where he's ready to go. Not where there's a possibility for something else happening."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/college/article.aspx?subjectID=92&articleID=20080124_2_B6_hInju60823

tommieharris91
1/26/2008, 09:32 PM
Well we all look foolish now don't we? :rolleyes: