PDA

View Full Version : Not a recruitnik...

toast
1/17/2008, 09:50 AM
I realize it's a few weeks til signing day and you can't tell the true value of a recruiting class until a couple of years down the road. However, could this be one of the most complete offensive classes that Stoops has brought in?

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but it seems most classes will have a lean towards lineman or backfield players, this class looks really balanced.

QB - Jones
WR - Jarboe, Miller, Owens
RB - Calhoun, Johnson
OL - Good, Habern, Mitchell
TE - Hanna
K - Way

Curly Bill
1/17/2008, 09:59 AM
Should be a really good class, and it does show a lot of balance in that there are highly rated players at every offensive position. Like you said though: we won't know for a few years.

Civicus_Sooner
1/17/2008, 03:58 PM
I like the kicker's name. No way, Way!

snp
1/17/2008, 09:55 PM
Last year was very balanced as well. Not star studded like this year, but addressed serious depth issues at DE, WR, oline, and QB.

adoniijahsooner
1/20/2008, 12:40 AM
Not since adrian petersons class have i been so excited. 3 top flight receivers a qb, and 2 runningbacks. But in my opinion the offensive lineman are the most important of the group, and these guys get to sit behind next years starters and salivate to get there turn.

Collier11
1/20/2008, 01:04 AM
IF we can somehow get Jones, this will be a top 5 class IMO!

Collier11
1/20/2008, 01:07 AM
FWIW, 2005's class is full of really good impact guys.

Tiger6
1/22/2008, 12:50 AM
For what it is worth..... Apparently Julio Jones left his Florida trip early- word is it was mutual between him and the coaches. Sounds like to me he may already have his mind made up on where he wants to go. Florida boards and Alabama boards are thinking he is an OU lean :).

For those who want links- http://tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68476&page=2
he mentions a 'caller' about half way through the page...

http://www.gatorsportsforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=209724&start=25
starts about half way through the page...

Collier11
1/22/2008, 03:07 AM
For what it is worth..... Apparently Julio Jones left his Florida trip early- word is it was mutual between him and the coaches. Sounds like to me he may already have his mind made up on where he wants to go. Florida boards and Alabama boards are thinking he is an OU lean :).

For those who want links- http://tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68476&page=2
he mentions a 'caller' about half way through the page...

http://www.gatorsportsforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=209724&start=25
starts about half way through the page...

Funny how one of the Bama fans was doggin OU for losing BCS games(try getting there jackazz) and another was dogging us for Bomar(Big Super Black Pot calling kettle black much?)

CatfishSooner
1/22/2008, 01:21 PM
so you're tellin me theres a chance?!?

KingDavid
1/22/2008, 02:47 PM
I'm not countin' any chickens until they hatch . . . but if I were a hen, I'd be nestled right on top of the egg with the initial JJ on the shell . . .

cluck, cluck.

CatfishSooner
1/22/2008, 07:17 PM
right on...

abc123pickle
1/22/2008, 09:56 PM
Looks like 5 star athlete Burton Scott will visit OU with Julio Jones, he is a soft committ to bama so it could really help us or really hurt us depending on his intent of the visit (keeping Julio in bama)

CatfishSooner
1/22/2008, 10:20 PM
is he possibly going just to keep an "eye" on JJ for Bama???

abc123pickle
1/22/2008, 10:27 PM
it seems very possible, it is also possible that burton scott could be a cb,slot,returner type guy for us next year... we might be stretching our luck though hopefully it doesn't effect Julio, he seems like he does what he wants no matter what..

KingDavid
1/23/2008, 12:18 AM
it seems very possible, it is also possible that burton scott could be a cb,slot,returner type guy for us next year... we might be stretching our luck though hopefully it doesn't effect Julio, he seems like he does what he wants no matter what..

i don't like it. but i'd love to see it back-fire on bama. it very easily could and then we vault into the top recruiting class in the nation.