PDA

View Full Version : OG&E Bill

SOONER STEAKER
1/16/2008, 07:47 PM
In November my electric bill was $141. In December, I didn't have electricty for 6 days yet my bill increased to $447. WTF is up with that. Just doesn't make sense to me. Last Deceber my bill was $178. F'ing incredible. I wonder if I paid for all the electricity in the county?

OUHOMER
1/16/2008, 08:27 PM
Our was high too for not having it for 4 days. makes me wonder that when it came back on with a surge it didn't make the meter spin like crazy

bluedogok
1/16/2008, 08:42 PM
Call and complain, they may not have actually read it or there may be a problem with the meter.

Whet
1/16/2008, 08:47 PM
Hey, they gotta pay for all of that damage .....
just sayin'.....

SOONER STEAKER
1/16/2008, 08:54 PM
Kinda sucks. I just gotta tighten the ol belt. Wait, I'll cut off my circulation if I do that.

bluedogok
1/16/2008, 09:00 PM
Make sure it is right, don't just pay it without raising the issue with them. SOMETHING is wrong for it to go up that amount.

Sooner_Bob
1/16/2008, 09:47 PM
My guess is they estimated your bill rather than actually reading your meter. They may tell you that they underestimated the previous bill or two and this one is catching you up.

Who knows . . . my dad read meters for them a long time ago and has been retired from there for over a year. (He never worked in OKC though)

Frozen Sooner
1/16/2008, 10:31 PM
What's the cost per kWh? Since you had so many outages, OG&E may have had to borrow power from another place on the grid or use more expensive means of generation for the month.

Boomer.....
1/17/2008, 08:35 AM
My guess is they estimated your bill rather than actually reading your meter. They may tell you that they underestimated the previous bill or two and this one is catching you up.

Who knows . . . my dad read meters for them a long time ago and has been retired from there for over a year. (He never worked in OKC though)
I think I heard that they were going to estimate the bills after the ice storm.

jeremy885
1/17/2008, 09:43 AM
You can call them or wait for the next bill. They estimated mine a couple of years ago and doubled what I normally paid. The next month, my bill had a credit balance so it all washed in the end.

frankensooner
1/17/2008, 10:10 AM
You can read it yourself and compare with the numbers on the bill.

If it is way off call them and they will adjust it. I have done this before when they estimated mine against my electric hog neighbors.

walkoffsooner
1/17/2008, 11:09 AM
wind generators must of iced up

Howzit
1/17/2008, 11:10 AM
You should refuse to pay it.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/17/2008, 11:52 AM
You should refuse to pay it.

Tell Oklahoma Gouge and Extortion that you do like their service and you are refusing to pay. That 'll work every time. Tell you want to negotiate the rate...

My FIL was bitching about them a couple of years ago, he is an annuitant from OG&E. I asked him if he was getting his check? He said yeah, I then asked him how much he had to save for that check - "nothin' ". I then suggested it was really nice of OG&E to send him a retirement check on time every month and pay for his health insurance and he didn't have to save anything for it. He shut up around me after that...

Flagstaffsooner
1/17/2008, 12:34 PM
Tell Occasioanlly Generates Electricity to lick your balls.

frankensooner
1/17/2008, 03:57 PM
I just got a phone message from OG&E, something about OG&E Enogex. What are they selling and why are they calling me at work?

Sooner_Bob
1/17/2008, 07:04 PM
They called to ask you to kindly return the bottom half of your bill with a check or money order.