PDA

View Full Version : Latest Mock on ESPN

stoops the eternal pimp
1/16/2008, 05:09 PM
Only one Sooner in the first round..MK at number 19 to Philly.. I ve seen him in others anywhere from 11 to 22. I m not sure what McShay's accuracy rate is but I found it interesting no CL or RS.

I had a friend in Denver say Denver would like to get a good MLB but are not willing to take Lofton with the 12 pick. Dallas needs a inside backer but I tend to agree with McShay that they ll go corner there instead of a LB..

Lots of corner needs in this draft so that bids well for Reggie..

A good workout(or a bad) will make or break them this offseason..If Reggie rans sub 4.5, and Lofton gets good reps at 225 and a sub 4.65ish, it will be good for them. I m really interested to see what MK will run

MextheBulldog
1/16/2008, 05:15 PM
CL is gonna slide, slide, slide. Great player, but slow per NFL standards.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/16/2008, 05:18 PM
Another guy sent me a mock who is in the 90 percent range usually with his that he sees Lofton going number 47 to Detroit and Reggie going 51 to Philly..both 2nd round picks

MextheBulldog
1/16/2008, 05:24 PM
Lofton and Lehman on the same depth chart. NICE!

soonerlaw
1/16/2008, 05:59 PM
Everybody is talking about MK, CL and RS in the draft. Is there any chance of our seniors getting drafted... like JoeJon, Patrick, Walker, Baker, DJ, Hartley or any of the other seniors?

effay
1/16/2008, 06:09 PM
There are lots of teams that need solid corners for sure, I'm just worried for Reggie because of the very high number of high quality corners coming out this year.

Even if Reggie is taken before most of the other guys, I think his draft position will unfortunately still be weaker than we would like because of the fact that teams know there are plenty of good corners in the draft so Reggie provides less marginal benefit over the next guy than he would in most years. If you are a GM, why take Reggie with a 1st rounder when you know you can get a guy that could be just as good in the 2nd or 3rd round? Actually, I think there are even some corners that will be second day picks that at least have potential.

By the way, I'm calling it first - this year's draft busts will be Glenn Dorsey and Jake Long. Bet on it.

snp
1/16/2008, 06:16 PM
step, you involved in the combine this year?

Everybody is talking about MK, CL and RS in the draft. Is there any chance of our seniors getting drafted... like JoeJon, Patrick, Walker, Baker, DJ, Hartley or any of the other seniors?

I can see JJF, AP, and Walker being second day picks but I see the rest as UFA.

I think AP will be a steal for some team. He's going to have a freakish combine and will be a ST stud which will bode well for him.

Breadburner
1/16/2008, 07:14 PM
There are lots of teams that need solid corners for sure, I'm just worried for Reggie because of the very high number of high quality corners coming out this year.

Even if Reggie is taken before most of the other guys, I think his draft position will unfortunately still be weaker than we would like because of the fact that teams know there are plenty of good corners in the draft so Reggie provides less marginal benefit over the next guy than he would in most years. If you are a GM, why take Reggie with a 1st rounder when you know you can get a guy that could be just as good in the 2nd or 3rd round? Actually, I think there are even some corners that will be second day picks that at least have potential.

By the way, I'm calling it first - this year's draft busts will be Glenn Dorsey and Jake Long. Bet on it.

You better add Colt Brennan to that list......

effay
1/16/2008, 07:21 PM
You better add Colt Brennan to that list......

Agreed.

Desert Sapper
1/16/2008, 07:38 PM
COLT BRENNAN IS NOT A SYSTEM QB!!!11!!!!

...but tim tebow is...

stoops the eternal pimp
1/16/2008, 11:15 PM
Colt Brennan won't be a bust because he won't be a early pick

stoops the eternal pimp
1/16/2008, 11:28 PM
step, you involved in the combine this year?

Not sure yet. Enrolled in college this year so if I go, it would only be for a day, maybe two. I've got the credentials just in case I decide to. If I don't I ve got 3 or 4 former co-workers that are supposed to be keeping me up with whats going on.

It may be me and you watching NFL Network and talking about it on here..

NFL is gonna have wireless access so hopefully if I don't go, somebody will have some good stuff to send my way.

You ever thought about going?

kevpks
1/16/2008, 11:57 PM
A team should draft Patrick just to put him on the kickoff team. He hits harder than just about any player I've seen on special teams.

illinisooner
1/17/2008, 12:00 AM
After last season, Kiper had Patrick in his top 5 RB's for this draft class...does anyone know where Mel has him now?

Soonerus
1/17/2008, 12:02 AM
I hope all of the guys have a great draft and make tons of money...

Crucifax Autumn
1/17/2008, 01:29 AM
I'm sure they'll make plenty...Way more than the idiot made punching a timecard and way more than he'll make at 7-11 after he graduates.

effay
1/17/2008, 02:39 AM
Colt Brennan won't be a bust because he won't be a early pick

If he goes in the 2nd round I still consider him a bust.

Crucifax Autumn
1/17/2008, 03:33 AM
Based on what I saw in the bowl game, he's not nearly what the media said he was. He has some raw talent, but his instincts are terrible and he seems to have no clue how to read a defense of any quality.

But I wish the kid well...I'm sure there are teams in the NFL that could use a mediocre QB to replace their own crappy guys.

snp
1/17/2008, 04:28 AM
Not sure yet. Enrolled in college this year so if I go, it would only be for a day, maybe two. I've got the credentials just in case I decide to. If I don't I ve got 3 or 4 former co-workers that are supposed to be keeping me up with whats going on.

It may be me and you watching NFL Network and talking about it on here..

NFL is gonna have wireless access so hopefully if I don't go, somebody will have some good stuff to send my way.

You ever thought about going?

Would love to if I ever got the chance. I'll definitely catch a lot on TV.

After last season, Kiper had Patrick in his top 5 RB's for this draft class...does anyone know where Mel has him now?

Last week he still had him in the top 5:

Running Backs
1. Chris Johnson, East Carolina
2. Mike Hart, Michigan
3. Dantrell Savage, Oklahoma State
4. Allen Patrick, Oklahoma
5. Matt Forte, Tulane

Speaking of AP, might as well post this here: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/video.asp?section=fbrecruit&pkey=&vidtype=amp&vidid=2928

primetime43
1/17/2008, 10:02 AM
The problem is there are a whole bunch of junior backs that will go before him.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/17/2008, 10:56 AM
If he goes in the 2nd round I still consider him a bust.

I seriously don't think anybody will take him 1st day..

Andre Woodson, on the other hand, is being projected high and I don't think he can make it at the next level.

Curly Bill
1/17/2008, 03:00 PM

Andre Woodson, on the other hand, is being projected high and I don't think he can make it at the next level.

All my vCash says Brennan goes first day. Agree on Woodson.

tulsaoilerfan
1/17/2008, 05:49 PM
All my vCash says Brennan goes first day. Agree on Woodson.
Kentucky QB's have not done well in the NFL the last several years

effay
1/17/2008, 08:55 PM

Agreed on both points.

Collier11
1/18/2008, 12:27 PM
This Rivals Mock Draft looks really good for OU players

1. Miami (1-15)
The Pick: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
The buzz: The Dolphins begin the Parcells era with a 'winner' at the game's most important position.
2. St. Louis (3-13)
The Pick: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
The buzz: Dorsey is a dominant inside force that is much needed along the Rams front four.
x - 3. Atlanta (4-12)
The Pick: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas*
The buzz: The Falcons must rebuild, especially at QB, but McFadden would be too good to pass on here.
x - 4. Oakland (4-12)
The Pick: Chris Long, DE, Virginia
The buzz: Al Davis might continue the old Raider lineage with this selection.
x - 5. Kansas City (4-12)
The Pick: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
The buzz: The Chiefs are a total offensive disaster this season, and the quarterback spot is their highest priority.
6. N.Y. Jets (4-12)
The Pick: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
The buzz: The Jets want to land a blue-chip offensive lineman, and Long is a fine bookend tackle.
7. New England (From San Francisco (5-11))
The Pick: Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami*
The buzz: The Patriots are looking for another impact defender in their changing secondary.
8. Baltimore (5-11)
The Pick: Calais Campbell, DE, Miami*
The buzz: The Ravens want one of the top two quarterbacks, but may have to draft into other deep areas of this class.
9. Cincinnati (7-9)
The Pick: Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State*
The buzz: The Bengals defense gives up too many big plays and needs a force off the edge.
10. New Orleans (7-9)
The Pick: Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma*
The buzz: The Saints defense gets smoked weekly, and Smith is one of the elite cornerbacks.
11. Buffalo (7-9)
The Pick: Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
The buzz: The Bills wants more playmakers, especially on the inside.
12. Denver (7-9)
The Pick: Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St.*
The buzz: The Broncos offensive line must improve for QB Jay Cutler to take the next step as an NFL starter.
13. Carolina (7-9)
The Pick: Keith Rivers, LB, USC
The buzz: The Panthers backer unit would benefit from another strong defender.
14. Chicago (7-9)
The Pick: Andre' Woodson, QB, Kentucky
The buzz: The Bears are hoping to land a future offensive leader in the first round.
15. Detroit (7-9)
The Pick: Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida*
The buzz: The Lions must improve their outside pass rush to be a playoff contender.
16. Arizona (8-8)
The Pick: Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
The buzz: The Cardinals secondary must improve for this team to make the postseason.
17. Minnesota (8-8)
The Pick: DeSean Jackson, WR, California*
The buzz: The Vikings are looking for playmakers on the outside and in the return game.
18. Houston (8-8)
The Pick: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma*
The buzz: The Texans are looking to add a standout playmaker opposite Andre Johnson.
19. Philadelphia (8-8)
The Pick: Dan Connor, LB, Penn St
The buzz: The Eagles want to solidify their front seven, and this local product will be a fan favorite.
20. Tampa Bay (9-7)
The Pick: Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas*
The buzz: The Bucs' are looking to rebuild a playoff-caliber defense, especially at cornerback.
21. Washington (9-7)
The Pick: Lawrence Jackson, DE, Southern Cal
The buzz: The Redskins are hoping to draft an impact pass rusher at this spot.
22. Dallas (from Cleveland (10-6))
The Pick: Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan*
The buzz: The Cowboys have big problems in their receiving corps and at cornerback.
23. Pittsburgh (10-6)
The Pick: Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
The buzz: The Steelers hope to address their offensive line, especially tackle, early in the draft.
24. Tennessee (10-6)
The Pick: James Hardy, WR, Indiana*
The buzz: The Titans need to add playmakers in their passing game.
25. Seattle (10-6)
The Pick: Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois*
The buzz: The Seahawks are looking to the future with Shawn Alexander on the downside of his career.
26. Jacksonville (11-5)
The Pick: Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech*
The buzz: The Jaguars are looking to improve in pass coverage, and this corner can help.
y - 27. NY Giants (10-6)
The Pick: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
The buzz: G-Men need another top-flight cover man opposite last year's pick, Aaron Ross.
y - 27. San Diego (11-5)
The Pick: Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon*
The buzz: The Chargers will lose veteran runner Michael Turner and LaDainian Tomlinson enters his eighth season next fall.
y - 29. Green Bay (13-3)
The Pick: Sam Baker, OT, Southern Cal
The buzz: The Packers will look to address their tackle spot. Both starters will be older than 30 next season.
y - 30. Dallas (13-3)
The Pick: DeJuan Tribble, CB, Boston College
The buzz: The Cowboys secondary has problems in coverage, and they will be address the corner spot with one of their two No. 1 selections.
y - 31. San Francisco (From Indianapolis (13-3))
The Pick: Early Doucet, WR, LSU
The buzz: The 49ers offense needs to upgrade their weak receiving corps if Alex Smith is too ever to realize his pro potential.
y - 32. New England (16-0)
The Pick: no pick
The Buzz: Pick forfeited.

x - Coin flip at NFL Combine in February will decide exact order
y - Final position will be determined by playoffs
* - Underclassman

kelloggOUballa
1/18/2008, 12:48 PM
I don't understand why Marcus Walker is so underrated. He is a shut down guy, reminds me of Champ Bailey.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/18/2008, 01:05 PM
This Rivals Mock Draft looks really good for OU players

1. Miami (1-15)
The Pick: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
The buzz: The Dolphins begin the Parcells era with a 'winner' at the game's most important position.
2. St. Louis (3-13)
The Pick: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
The buzz: Dorsey is a dominant inside force that is much needed along the Rams front four.
x - 3. Atlanta (4-12)
The Pick: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas*
The buzz: The Falcons must rebuild, especially at QB, but McFadden would be too good to pass on here.
x - 4. Oakland (4-12)
The Pick: Chris Long, DE, Virginia
The buzz: Al Davis might continue the old Raider lineage with this selection.
x - 5. Kansas City (4-12)
The Pick: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
The buzz: The Chiefs are a total offensive disaster this season, and the quarterback spot is their highest priority.
6. N.Y. Jets (4-12)
The Pick: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
The buzz: The Jets want to land a blue-chip offensive lineman, and Long is a fine bookend tackle.
7. New England (From San Francisco (5-11))
The Pick: Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami*
The buzz: The Patriots are looking for another impact defender in their changing secondary.
8. Baltimore (5-11)
The Pick: Calais Campbell, DE, Miami*
The buzz: The Ravens want one of the top two quarterbacks, but may have to draft into other deep areas of this class.
9. Cincinnati (7-9)
The Pick: Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State*
The buzz: The Bengals defense gives up too many big plays and needs a force off the edge.
10. New Orleans (7-9)
The Pick: Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma*
The buzz: The Saints defense gets smoked weekly, and Smith is one of the elite cornerbacks.
11. Buffalo (7-9)
The Pick: Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
The buzz: The Bills wants more playmakers, especially on the inside.
12. Denver (7-9)
The Pick: Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St.*
The buzz: The Broncos offensive line must improve for QB Jay Cutler to take the next step as an NFL starter.
13. Carolina (7-9)
The Pick: Keith Rivers, LB, USC
The buzz: The Panthers backer unit would benefit from another strong defender.
14. Chicago (7-9)
The Pick: Andre' Woodson, QB, Kentucky
The buzz: The Bears are hoping to land a future offensive leader in the first round.
15. Detroit (7-9)
The Pick: Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida*
The buzz: The Lions must improve their outside pass rush to be a playoff contender.
16. Arizona (8-8)
The Pick: Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
The buzz: The Cardinals secondary must improve for this team to make the postseason.
17. Minnesota (8-8)
The Pick: DeSean Jackson, WR, California*
The buzz: The Vikings are looking for playmakers on the outside and in the return game.
18. Houston (8-8)
The Pick: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma*
The buzz: The Texans are looking to add a standout playmaker opposite Andre Johnson.
19. Philadelphia (8-8)
The Pick: Dan Connor, LB, Penn St
The buzz: The Eagles want to solidify their front seven, and this local product will be a fan favorite.
20. Tampa Bay (9-7)
The Pick: Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas*
The buzz: The Bucs' are looking to rebuild a playoff-caliber defense, especially at cornerback.
21. Washington (9-7)
The Pick: Lawrence Jackson, DE, Southern Cal
The buzz: The Redskins are hoping to draft an impact pass rusher at this spot.
22. Dallas (from Cleveland (10-6))
The Pick: Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan*
The buzz: The Cowboys have big problems in their receiving corps and at cornerback.
23. Pittsburgh (10-6)
The Pick: Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
The buzz: The Steelers hope to address their offensive line, especially tackle, early in the draft.
24. Tennessee (10-6)
The Pick: James Hardy, WR, Indiana*
The buzz: The Titans need to add playmakers in their passing game.
25. Seattle (10-6)
The Pick: Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois*
The buzz: The Seahawks are looking to the future with Shawn Alexander on the downside of his career.
26. Jacksonville (11-5)
The Pick: Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech*
The buzz: The Jaguars are looking to improve in pass coverage, and this corner can help.
y - 27. NY Giants (10-6)
The Pick: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
The buzz: G-Men need another top-flight cover man opposite last year's pick, Aaron Ross.
y - 27. San Diego (11-5)
The Pick: Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon*
The buzz: The Chargers will lose veteran runner Michael Turner and LaDainian Tomlinson enters his eighth season next fall.
y - 29. Green Bay (13-3)
The Pick: Sam Baker, OT, Southern Cal
The buzz: The Packers will look to address their tackle spot. Both starters will be older than 30 next season.
y - 30. Dallas (13-3)
The Pick: DeJuan Tribble, CB, Boston College
The buzz: The Cowboys secondary has problems in coverage, and they will be address the corner spot with one of their two No. 1 selections.
y - 31. San Francisco (From Indianapolis (13-3))
The Pick: Early Doucet, WR, LSU
The buzz: The 49ers offense needs to upgrade their weak receiving corps if Alex Smith is too ever to realize his pro potential.
y - 32. New England (16-0)
The Pick: no pick
The Buzz: Pick forfeited.

x - Coin flip at NFL Combine in February will decide exact order
y - Final position will be determined by playoffs
* - Underclassman

If Parcells take Matt Ryan number 1 I will be very surprised. I tend to think he may take the Long kid from Virginia if he doesn't trade the pick off. There is not any franchise quarterbacks in this draft

Collier11
1/18/2008, 01:10 PM
If Parcells take Matt Ryan number 1 I will be very surprised. I tend to think he may take the Long kid from Virginia if he doesn't trade the pick off. There is not any franchise quarterbacks in this draft

AGREED!

Collier11
1/18/2008, 01:12 PM
I don't understand why Marcus Walker is so underrated. He is a shut down guy, reminds me of Champ Bailey.

are you joking? I love the guy and am very thankful for his selfless play at OU, but the guy didnt even have 1 interception this year. He is a good CB but not great, he will be a 2nd day pick I would suspect

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/18/2008, 02:43 PM
are you joking? I love the guy and am very thankful for his selfless play at OU, but the guy didnt even have 1 interception this year. He is a good CB but not great, he will be a 2nd day pick I would suspect

that's because he can't catch as evidenced in the senior bowl. he's going to be seriously hurt by his lack of focus late in games. they are going to hammer him about that in interviews.

Curly Bill
1/18/2008, 03:13 PM

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^.

snp
1/18/2008, 03:21 PM

Long could transition well into a 3-4 DE since he's already so big. Could definitely see this happening or taking the other Long as a tackle. Although he might be a RT at the next level.

humblesooner
1/18/2008, 04:04 PM
I doubt Houston will take a receiver. When AJ went down Andre Davis really played well and Kevin Wolters(SP?) was pretty solid. Plus they are solid at TE.

The Texans need a lot of defensive help. I just can't see them taking MK when they are pretty good at receiver AND they need so much help on D.

illinisooner
1/18/2008, 04:43 PM
Matt Ryan is a winner, according to the mock draft. A winner against lesser competition, perhaps, but not against better teams. I don't understand the Matt Ryan lovefest, especially from Todd McShay.

snp
1/18/2008, 04:49 PM
I doubt Houston will take a receiver. When AJ went down Andre Davis really played well and Kevin Wolters(SP?) was pretty solid. Plus they are solid at TE.

The Texans need a lot of defensive help. I just can't see them taking MK when they are pretty good at receiver AND they need so much help on D.

The DL along with Ryans and Robinson are great. The rest, not so much. I'd love to get Kenny Phillips or another ballhawking Safety to intercept some passes that the pressure from the DL will create.

I also want a RB taken in the 3rd since we have no 2nd pick. I wouldn't mind getting Jonathon Stewart if he's still on the board but I'd prefer secondary help.

Collier11
1/18/2008, 04:50 PM
Matt Ryan is a winner, according to the mock draft. A winner against lesser competition, perhaps, but not against better teams. I don't understand the Matt Ryan lovefest, especially from Todd McShay.

Ryan will be a bust just like Boller IMHO

primetime43
1/18/2008, 05:16 PM
Now I can see why Reggie left early if this was the information he was getting. However I don't see him going that early.

Marcus Walker should never ever ever be compared to Champ Bailey; thats just foolish.

Frozen Sooner
1/18/2008, 06:19 PM
Me Chan ****?

kelloggOUballa
1/18/2008, 06:54 PM
that's because he can't catch as evidenced in the senior bowl. he's going to be seriously hurt by his lack of focus late in games. they are going to hammer him about that in interviews.

Senior Bowl? that has yet to be played, plus he's in the East-West Shrine Game

kelloggOUballa
1/18/2008, 06:55 PM
as for saying that he had 0 interceptions, he hardly ever gets thrown at. You never hear Walker's name because he doesn't make mistakes.

Desert Sapper
1/18/2008, 07:20 PM
Ryan will be a bust just like Boller IMHO

I think a lot of pro teams are putting him in the Matt Hasselbeck category. He's looked good in the few games I've seen him play.

PLaw
1/18/2008, 08:56 PM
Lofton and Lehman on the same depth chart. NICE!

Hmmm, my wife is from Detroit - I may have to forsake the Cowgirls and become a full fledge Lion's fan. I've always liked them back to the Steve Owens and Billy the Great days.

BOOMER

GottaHavePride
1/18/2008, 10:22 PM
Me Chan ****?

Who?

How much chance would Chance Mock mock if Chance Mock could mock chance?

God, I can't believe it took until post #38 for someone to make a joke. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2008, 12:26 PM
The DL along with Ryans and Robinson are great. The rest, not so much. I'd love to get Kenny Phillips or another ballhawking Safety to intercept some passes that the pressure from the DL will create.

I also want a RB taken in the 3rd since we have no 2nd pick. I wouldn't mind getting Jonathon Stewart if he's still on the board but I'd prefer secondary help.

Jonathan Stewart definitely would be a good pick up in the 3rd for the Texans if he is there...

effay
1/19/2008, 11:03 PM
I think a lot of pro teams are putting him in the Matt Hasselbeck category. He's looked good in the few games I've seen him play.

Matt Hasselbeck? I don't get it. Matt Ryan has twice the arm of Matt Hasselbeck and half the mind. Kyle Boller makes sense, but Matt Hasselbeck could be the last QB I would compare Matt Ryan to.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2008, 11:20 PM
Matt Hasselbeck? I don't get it. Matt Ryan has twice the arm of Matt Hasselbeck and half the mind. Kyle Boller makes sense, but Matt Hasselbeck could be the last QB I would compare Matt Ryan to.

The thing about Ryan that jumps out it his low percentage rate through his career. A guy in the BC system should complete a higher percentage of passes..

47 percent against Michigan st
49 against Florida St
48 against V Tech
44 percent against North Carolina St

19 INTs in a season is a lot as well....I just would not take this guy high but you know one team will be ignorant enough..

Boller did one of the more impressive things I ve seen at the combine when he threw the ball over 60 yards through the uprights..on one knee...too bad he's brain dead

effay
1/20/2008, 12:13 AM
The thing about Ryan that jumps out it his low percentage rate through his career. A guy in the BC system should complete a higher percentage of passes..

47 percent against Michigan st
49 against Florida St
48 against V Tech
44 percent against North Carolina St

19 INTs in a season is a lot as well....I just would not take this guy high but you know one team will be ignorant enough..

Boller did one of the more impressive things I ve seen at the combine when he threw the ball over 60 yards through the uprights..on one knee...too bad he's brain dead

Ya, everyone jumped on the Matt Ryan bandwagon when he made that one, single, solitary TD pass. Great toss for sure, but it doesn't make up for all the bonehead plays he makes; you make some great points. I'd say he ought to be a late first rounder.

Collier11
1/20/2008, 12:30 AM
Ya, everyone jumped on the Matt Ryan bandwagon when he made that one, single, solitary TD pass. Great toss for sure, but it doesn't make up for all the bonehead plays he makes; you make some great points. I'd say he ought to be a late first rounder.

I may be wrong but was it Boller that led Cal to the upset of USC a few years ago that kind of put Cal on the map and got him drafted 1st rd?

Salt City Sooner
1/20/2008, 12:41 AM
I may be wrong but was it Boller that led Cal to the upset of USC a few years ago that kind of put Cal on the map and got him drafted 1st rd?
Aaron Rodgers started that game. He was replaced by Reggie Robertson in the 3rd quarter.

Collier11
1/20/2008, 12:50 AM
Aaron Rodgers started that game. He was replaced by Reggie Robertson in the 3rd quarter.

nevermind then, that would have been a good point! ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
1/20/2008, 05:59 PM
nevermind then, that would have been a good point! ;)

Good try...He's the reason The NFL teams got off of Cal QBs and Jeff Tedford's genius quarterback coaching..

goingoneight
1/21/2008, 12:50 AM
AP slid on many's charts because of the three back system we used. Notice how much better he was with the SAME OL against the SAME teams when he was the feature guy last year? Problem for him, Murray and Brown was none of them could ever get into a rhythm out there before they were either subbed or before we threw the ball. And when your QB puts up the numbers Sam did in the pro-style offense, it's hard for three guys to get monster numbers a piece.

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2008, 02:18 AM
True enough, but we should be in better shape in that regard next season. Probably more of a 2 back system combined with Bradford's ability.

Our offense should be killer next year. Let's just hope the D can find replacements for the guys leaving. I think they will, but that's the only minor concern I have despite losing Patrick and Kelly.