PDA

View Full Version : If Howzit were a doctor...

OUDoc
1/16/2008, 01:24 PM
A visit to a hospital for a bump to the head turned into a big pain in the posterior for a Brooklyn construction worker.

Brian Persaud ended up in handcuffs and under arrest when he loudly protested that doctors at New York-Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell didn't need to give him a rectal exam after a piece of wood clocked him on the forehead.

"This poor guy goes in for eight stitches and he ends up in jail," said his lawyer, Gerard Marrone. "He had the right to say no."

Doctors sedated Persaud and then did the rectal exam.

A Manhattan judge denied the hospital's bid to have Persaud's malpractice suit against the hospital tossed, setting up a civil trial slated to start March 31.

"We're looking forward to our day in court," Marrone said. "I want to tell this story to a jury."

Persaud, 38, was working at a midtown construction site in May 2003 when a plank slammed him in the head, knocking him down.

Medical records state Persaud was "alert and oriented times three" when he was taken to the hospital's emergency room, where a resident informed him he needed a rectal examination.

"Who in the heck is the doctor to force a medical procedure on you if you're conscious?" Marrone said.

The revelation about the rectal exam set off Persaud, who smacked a doctor during a struggle and yelled, "Where I came from, you don't put anything in someone's a------!"

The outburst led to Persaud being sedated and arrested, though the matter was later dismissed.

A spokesman for the hospital described Persaud's suit as "completely without merit ... [We] intend to vigorously contest it."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/01/16/2008-01-16_hit_on_the_head_and_gets_rectal_exam-1.html

Howzit
1/16/2008, 01:29 PM
This from Dr Pinching-the-nipples-is-part-of-an-annual-I-swear.

Sooner_Bob
1/16/2008, 01:31 PM
I read about that earlier . . . I would've been a little perturbed myself.

OUDoc
1/16/2008, 01:33 PM
This from Dr Pinching-the-nipples-is-part-of-an-annual-I-swear.
It's a tweak. And it's highly scientific.

Howzit
1/16/2008, 01:34 PM
AND IT HURTS!!!

:mad:

frankensooner
1/16/2008, 01:35 PM
Read the card, read the card!!!

OU4LIFE
1/16/2008, 01:36 PM
I read about that earlier . . . I would've been a little perturbed myself.

If by 'perturbed' you mean 'aroused' then I agree.

Howzit
1/16/2008, 01:38 PM
Read the card, read the card!!!

*snort*

crawfish
1/16/2008, 02:08 PM
Doctor: "That splinter went in very deep"

Mongo
1/16/2008, 02:15 PM
"Where I came from, you don't put anything in someone's a------!"

Howzit, you need to adopt this motto, your "free oil checks" are becoming an annoyance

TheHumanAlphabet
1/16/2008, 02:35 PM
Okay, medical or legal types here's a question. The man obviously refused a procedure. How can they continue said procedure after he refused? Since he was an accident victim, could he be considered incompetent until after the completion of said evaluation, he did after all have a head trauma.

OUDoc
1/16/2008, 02:39 PM
I'm having a difficult time justifying what they did with the information presented. They better have a good story, a good lawyer or both.

1stTimeCaller
1/16/2008, 02:43 PM
they damn sure had a good time!

Chuck Bao
1/16/2008, 02:44 PM
What's the big thing here?

The guy is saying that his head is hurting after the accident. The nurse wants to stick her finger up his butt. The guy says no thanks and that his head isn't hurting anymore. Obviously he understands and totally gets it.

Case closed.

OKC-SLC
1/16/2008, 03:08 PM
I'm having a difficult time justifying what they did with the information presented. They better have a good story, a good lawyer or both.
Yep. Based on the information we have, this is silly.

Whet
1/16/2008, 09:03 PM
This story should be a reminder to never say: "But, doctor ..." anything, or else you could "face" the same situation.

OU4LIFE
1/17/2008, 05:47 AM

So you're saying they should have a good lawyer story?

olevetonahill
1/17/2008, 07:06 AM
Okay, medical or legal types here's a question. The man obviously refused a procedure. How can they continue said procedure after he refused? Since he was an accident victim, could he be considered incompetent until after the completion of said evaluation, he did after all have a head trauma.
Pay Tention
The Dude had a Head Injury . Obviously His Head was up hisass .
Defense fer the Hospital Rests !:cool: