1/16/2008, 09:26 AM
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=880&Year=2008&ra_key=1803

NOt bad eh?

sooner518
1/16/2008, 11:04 AM
lets get JJ and make it 8.

Widescreen
1/16/2008, 11:20 AM
Currently the same as USC and Notre Dame.

GottaHavePride
1/16/2008, 11:33 AM
But do they want to win?

utex74
1/16/2008, 10:08 PM
Darn. We only have five. :mad:

PrideTrombone
1/16/2008, 10:11 PM
Bomar was supposed to be all-world too. I never get excited about these kids until they're playing and PRODUCING for OU.

setem
1/16/2008, 10:23 PM
Why the crap would anyone want to go to ND these days? They make me sick! I dont hat Notre Dame and I dont love them! They sicken me with all the talent they let go to waste!!!

My boy George West is being made fun of because they wont **** can that fat POS they call a football coach!!!

SouthFortySooner
1/16/2008, 10:59 PM
I get excited at first mention of talent coming in. Was giddy at the cover shot of Bomar and Peterson in those hoodies, BOTH of them full of potential.

Did the rudementary math on the physics of Onyaoagttecchaa's speed (10.2 100 meters) X mass (210lbs) = tremendous blind side blitz, Wondered long about that kid Murray from LasVegas for creep sake. Entertainment folks, entertainment.

Curly Bill
1/16/2008, 11:02 PM
I don't know why exactly but the recruiting game interest me too....

...even though I know what a crapshoot it is.

Crucifax Autumn
1/17/2008, 12:23 AM
Not sure what the numbers are currently, but no matter what they are I say more Oklahoma natives need to go to OU.

jccouger
1/17/2008, 01:18 AM
Why the crap would anyone want to go to ND these days? They make me sick! I dont hat Notre Dame and I dont love them! They sicken me with all the talent they let go to waste!!!

My boy George West is being made fun of because they wont **** can that fat POS they call a football coach!!!

How do you know George? I graduated a year after him and I still keep in touch with him.

Crucifax Autumn
1/17/2008, 01:27 AM
Notre Dame is the buttcrack of the universe.

insuranceman_22
1/17/2008, 02:19 AM
I don't know why exactly but the recruiting game interest me too....

...even though I know what a crapshoot it is.

with ya there....

sooner-n-ga
1/17/2008, 08:27 AM
Getting a verbal commitment and a getting a kid to sign the faxed documents are two very different things, lets wait till after signing day to say

"We are getting 7 of the top 100"

The kids will be hammered by every coach for the next 3 weeks, they will not have a clue in the next couple of weeks were they want to go.

tulsaoilerfan
1/17/2008, 12:20 PM
The downside is probably 2-3 of them only are at OU for 3 years

KYHonorarySooner
1/17/2008, 01:04 PM
Getting a verbal commitment and a getting a kid to sign the faxed documents are two very different things, lets wait till after signing day to say

The kids will be hammered by every coach for the next 3 weeks, they will not have a clue in the next couple of weeks were they want to go.

Know anything about Daniel Franklin? Seen him play?

Curly Bill
1/17/2008, 02:56 PM

Rivals has him rated as average, Scout has him rated very high, and ESPN I don't remember. The fact we offered him very early tells me that he's pretty darn good.

edit...actually ESPN has him rated the #93 player in the country, and Scout has him as a 3-star.

setem
1/17/2008, 03:14 PM
How do you know George? I graduated a year after him and I still keep in touch with him.

I was one of his baseball coaches his junior year at NE. He is a good kid and fast as crap!

He dropped a 3 run bomb in Newcastle to keep us in a game that there was now way could win. Not because we were not good enough. Newcastle had the home cooking going on for them.

Tell him Coach Webb from NE/Classes SAS said hello! I am at SE now though.

Desert Sapper
1/17/2008, 03:16 PM

He looks pretty good on film (http://friday.rivals.com/friday.asp). If you look at the bottom of the Friday Rivals site, there is film of Habersham Central v. Stephens Co. (GA). It's free to look at. Scout says he is one of the best 3-Stars in this article (http://recruiting.scout.com/2/719435.html).

jccouger
1/17/2008, 04:48 PM
I was one of his baseball coaches his junior year at NE. He is a good kid and fast as crap!

He dropped a 3 run bomb in Newcastle to keep us in a game that there was now way could win. Not because we were not good enough. Newcastle had the home cooking going on for them.

Tell him Coach Webb from NE/Classes SAS said hello! I am at SE now though.

Oh really? Me and Nathan Settles were best friends, so I went to a few of the baseball games. I played basketball at NE. Nate was a poke fan, so he headed up to stillwater, we still talk all the time though. Me and George used to have some heated ping pong games in our basketball locker room. Good times...

Anyway, I'll tell Nate and George that you said Hey.

setem
1/17/2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah I talk to Nate every now an then on facebook. He is a good kid too!

Collier11
1/17/2008, 06:28 PM

Most recruits at this point have fully committed to where they are going, it is only a small percentage that continue to waffle!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/18/2008, 10:23 AM

I have a horsecollar fetish

A bit of a broad brush. Most players know where they want to go and probably more than 95% don't decommit after they give a commitment. It's OK to actually think things might work out pretty good.

MamaMia
1/18/2008, 12:15 PM
Where are the other 93 going?

Purple Tiger
1/25/2008, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=Crucifax Autumn]Not sure what the numbers are currently, but no matter what they are I say more Oklahoma natives need to go to OU.

Coaching staff at OU doesn't want them. They prefer kids from Texas

birddog
1/26/2008, 12:12 AM
of course they do. there's more talent there because it's a hell of alot more populated.

Purple Tiger
1/26/2008, 01:55 AM
of course they do. there's more talent there because it's a hell of alot more populated.

Even comparing Texas talent and Oklahoma talent on a per capita bases,Texas produces many more players. Oklahoma has historically been a weak state in regards to producing football players.

47straight
1/26/2008, 03:16 AM
Even comparing Texas talent and Oklahoma talent on a per capita bases,Texas produces many more players. Oklahoma has historically been a weak state in regards to producing football players.

You really, really, really need to turn the page.

insuranceman_22
1/26/2008, 10:15 AM
You really, really, really need to turn the page.

what he said.

Desert Sapper
1/26/2008, 01:26 PM

I don't think anybody here cares about your pathetic trolling anymore. We all like the top talent we pull in every year from the best football player producing state on the planet. Your jealousy with regard to our success in that respect is glowing purple around every pathetic post you throw out there about it.

And just for your personal edification, the most efficient passer in the country is an Okie. So is our best TE. Our best LB this year is an Okie, and he could go in the first round, along with our best CB. Our best DL is an Okie.

You never post any facts, just your personal opinion. Go crawl back under a rock and STFU.

freshchris05
1/26/2008, 02:18 PM
Isn't one of the Lawton schools one of the top nfl producing high schools in america actually?