PDA

View Full Version : American Idol: Season 7

Pages : [1] 2

tbl
1/15/2008, 11:20 PM
Thats right. I love Idol. LOVE it. Great show.

Started off with some greatness. The funniest one was the hippie chick that went off for no reason. Very odd reaction considering they said she could do good in a 60's cover band.

Quite a few talented singers. The MMA chick had my brother salivating.

tbl
1/15/2008, 11:22 PM
The Egyptian guy that wanted to love a girl from her hair to her nipples, then sang a Mr. Bee Gees song... I don't think you could appreciate that guy if you didn't have captions on.

Blue
1/15/2008, 11:26 PM
LET MY PEOPLE GO!!!!!!

KC//CRIMSON
1/15/2008, 11:27 PM
"I really can care less about American Idol. Seriously, sometimes I wish a plane would crash into the stage while they’re filming the show. Or even better; a private jet carrying Nickelback, Hinder and let’s say Chris Daughtry is the pilot. Also, during the nose dive, part of the fuselage breaks off and lands on John Mayer’s face. Hopefully God reads this post and realizes he forgot to get me a Christmas present."-SF :D

just thought I would re-post this since it fit so well.

tbl
1/15/2008, 11:42 PM
a private jet carrying Nickelback, Hinder and let’s say Chris Daughtry is the pilot. Also, during the nose dive, part of the fuselage breaks off and lands on John Mayer’s face.
I agree with this part completely. :D

TheBobbyTrain
1/16/2008, 12:45 AM
LET MY PEOPLE GO!!!!!!

while it was indeed horrible, i think that guy has a serious learning disability and it was in poor taste for him to be shown to that extent.

Blue
1/16/2008, 01:18 AM
while it was indeed horrible, i think that guy has a serious learning disability and it was in poor taste for him to be shown to that extent.

Hell, I keep waiting for them to roll out a full on retard with cerebral palsey in a wheelchair and let the laughs ensue.

I rail against it, but watch. Car crash indeed.

Ardmore_Sooner
1/16/2008, 01:22 AM
I liked the guy who reminded us all of Jabba the Hut.

Okla-homey
1/16/2008, 07:02 AM
I liked the little cowgirl from Oregon. Christy Lee Somethingorother. She sold her barrel horse so she could fly to Philly to audition. <awwwww>

Best voice I heard last night. Real Purdy too. She's my fav so far at this early stage.

Tonight, they're showing the Dallas auditions.

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2008, 08:30 AM
and paula was sober, so thats a good start

OKLA21FAN
1/16/2008, 08:38 AM
the STALKER dude was pretty strange

and best line of the night

'screw that, I am going for actressing!!!!!!!!!!'

Newbomb Turk
1/16/2008, 08:59 AM
'screw that, I am going for actressing!!!!!!!!!!'

what a psycho. Her and the Star Wars chick.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2008, 09:09 AM
I would have wanted more air time if they had talked me into waxing my chest.

Lott's Bandana
1/16/2008, 09:38 AM
Word is that they made a decision not to show all the loonies and challenged people this year like they had in the past, and to show more talent. They also are not staying with teh Celebrity Mentor angle as before.

There were some really good singers yesterday, albiet heavy on the wimmen.

I thought it was fascinating when Simon said he doesn't understand Americans' ("you people's") joy when someone they know succeeds in something and we throw a party for them.

I do tend to agree somewhat with the Star Wars chick that all teh ones that advanced fit into a mold....but it is a Pop show isn't it?

Dude shoulda waxed his beard too.

They better do a good job this year...ever since Carrie, their talent has been tepid.

Hot Rod
1/16/2008, 09:52 AM
I do tend to agree somewhat with the Star Wars chick that all teh ones that advanced fit into a mold....but it is a Pop show isn't it?

I could be wrong, but there have been a few that didn't have the look that made it to Hollywood. She does have a point, but most of these people try to put two things together...a look and a nice voice.

The young cowboy guy from a few years ago didn't fit the mold, but made it to Hollywood and there have been a few others that made the cut.

The judges also have to look at the fact when seeing these people, if they have the ability to make it during the week in Hollywood. Not everyone puts their best effort in that week and takes it for granted sometimes.

Lott's Bandana
1/16/2008, 09:55 AM
The young cowboy guy from a few years ago didn't fit the mold, but made it to Hollywood and there have been a few others that made the cut.

You make a good point, and your reference above reminded me of the Fidel Castro-looking fellow as well....

I guess Princesses are out this year.

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2008, 09:55 AM
she didnt make it because she had a terrible voice

C&CDean
1/16/2008, 09:56 AM
Ah, the dumbing down/stupification of America continues. Sometimes I can see the terrorists point....

Hot Rod
1/16/2008, 10:10 AM
I guess Princesses are out this year.

Leia? Most definitely!

soonerinabilene
1/16/2008, 10:36 AM
I liked the guy who reminded us all of Jabba the Hut.

You really shouldnt talk about that linebacker girls mom like that.

im sorry.:O

soonerinabilene
1/16/2008, 10:41 AM
I liked the little cowgirl from Oregon. Christy Lee Somethingorother. She sold her barrel horse so she could fly to Philly to audition. <awwwww>

I am going to ask what should be an obvious question. Did they not have auditions any closer to Oregon than Philly? Like, say, anywhere on the west coast? Anywhere? At all?

Newbomb Turk
1/16/2008, 12:33 PM
I am going to ask what should be an obvious question. Did they not have auditions any closer to Oregon than Philly? Like, say, anywhere on the west coast? Anywhere? At all?

I wondered that too. I guess it doesn't make as good of a story.

SoonerTerry
1/16/2008, 01:12 PM
But philly has the good crack

SoonerTerry
1/16/2008, 01:14 PM
I've been compared to Eddie Vedder

WWUUUUUUUNCH THEEEEEEERE WAAAAASSS AAAAA BBBOOOOOYYYY...

oh man..

royalfan5
1/16/2008, 01:49 PM
They did a round in Omaha this year.

Lott's Bandana
1/16/2008, 01:59 PM
Ah, the dumbing down/stupification of America continues. Sometimes I can see the terrorists point....

Wow Dean,

Panda and now this? Got your Righteous Stetson on today yes?

;)

AI is the closest thing to the old variety shows we have now. Perhaps not as good, but there was nothing culturally significant about Flip Wilson, Carol Burnett, Sonny and Cher except to introduce us to new and established talent.

Like it or not, Carrie would be schleppin Limeades at Checotah's Sonic right now if it wasn't for this loveit/hateit show.

Had the 911 victims been given a chance, I imagine a great percentage of them would have become AI fans...**** the terrorists and I'll assume your tongue was planted firmly in cheek.

C&CDean
1/16/2008, 02:19 PM
Wow Dean,

Panda and now this? Got your Righteous Stetson on today yes?

;)

AI is the closest thing to the old variety shows we have now. Perhaps not as good, but there was nothing culturally significant about Flip Wilson, Carol Burnett, Sonny and Cher except to introduce us to new and established talent.

Like it or not, Carrie would be schleppin Limeades at Checotah's Sonic right now if it wasn't for this loveit/hateit show.

Had the 911 victims been given a chance, I imagine a great percentage of them would have become AI fans...**** the terrorists and I'll assume your tongue was planted firmly in cheek.

1. AI isn't anything like the old variety shows. The closest thing might have been Ted Mack's Original Amateur Hour, but that's still a stretch.

2. Carrie is just another blonde bimbette who lucked out. It's happened before without AI, and it'll happen again without AI.

3. I didn't say a word about 9/11. I said I could see the terrorist's point. If say I was Abdullah the camel ****er, and I come to America, and I see a bunch of morons salivating over **** like AI, Survivor, Biggest Loser, etc., etc., etc., and I saw who we have chosen as the ones to pick for our next leader, and I walked through Las Vegas and looked at all the hooker trading cards laying on the sidewalk and in the street, I'd have to think "yes, this is the great Satan."

OKLA21FAN
1/16/2008, 02:22 PM
happy fun time over :pop:

SoonerTerry
1/16/2008, 02:46 PM
But Philly has the good crack DAMMET!!!!

Laugh a*holes!!

Osce0la
1/16/2008, 03:30 PM
:les: HA!!!

:O

SoonerTerry
1/16/2008, 03:36 PM
:les: HA!!!

:O

Thank you

soonerbrat
1/16/2008, 03:45 PM
you guys ruined it for me. I haven't watched it yet. thanks a lot.

BigRedJed
1/16/2008, 03:59 PM
I only watch the trainwreck, early-season part. I still maintain that the vast majority of people who compete once the talent gets "good" are no better than a group of vocal majors at your local community college.

The only true "superstar" -- that is, possessing REAL talent, a person who would probably have made it with or without that show -- was Carrie Underwood. Seriously, do you think the Nashville clique would let an AI grad OWN the awards ceremonies unless it was truly someone with superstar talent? Heck, she even transcended an AI format that is designed to make pop rather than country stars. I'm no country fan, but she is legit.

Beyond that, I really won't defend the show. It's crap. But it IS fun, in a mindless sort of way, to watch the caterwauling and meltdowns early on.

That "hippiechick" weirdo last night was one of the most disturbing to date. Simon was by far the easiest of the three judges on her, and mostly just sat by while the others gave her more or less constructive criticism. Then she walks out and somehow has it in her head that her dismissal was all about Simon, and proceeds to have the spastic flipoff/cursing fit. I think she was prepared for Simon to dog her, and had no idea how to react to the actual situation. She was frightening. And insane. Like, for real insane.

tbl
1/16/2008, 04:11 PM
I only watch the trainwreck, early-season part. I still maintain that the vast majority of people who compete once the talent gets "good" are no better than a group of vocal majors at your local community college.

The only true "superstar" -- that is, possessing REAL talent, a person who would probably have made it with or without that show -- was Carrie Underwood. Seriously, do you think the Nashville clique would let an AI grad OWN the awards ceremonies unless it was truly someone with superstar talent? Heck, she even transcended an AI format that is designed to make pop rather than country stars. I'm no country fan, but she is legit.

Beyond that, I really won't defend the show. It's crap. But it IS fun, in a mindless sort of way, to watch the caterwauling and meltdowns early on.

That "hippiechick" weirdo last night was one of the most disturbing to date. Simon was by far the easiest of the three judges on her, and mostly just sat by while the others gave her more or less constructive criticism. Then she walks out and somehow has it in her head that her dismissal was all about Simon, and proceeds to have the spastic flipoff/cursing fit. I think she was prepared for Simon to dog her, and had no idea how to react to the actual situation. She was frightening. And insane. Like, for real insane.
Agree completely... however I end up getting sucked in by the train wreck part and end up staying in for the long haul.

tbl
1/16/2008, 04:13 PM
the STALKER dude was pretty strange.

At first it was, but it was actually pretty funny once he got going. He could sing decent enough, but I think his whole motive was just to be funny, not creepy. Obviously Simon didn't get it. Randy did, and even Paula seemed to.

Lott's Bandana
1/16/2008, 04:37 PM
1. AI isn't anything like the old variety shows. The closest thing might have been Ted Mack's Original Amateur Hour, but that's still a stretch.

2. Carrie is just another blonde bimbette who lucked out. It's happened before without AI, and it'll happen again without AI.

3. I didn't say a word about 9/11. I said I could see the terrorist's point. If say I was Abdullah the camel ****er, and I come to America, and I see a bunch of morons salivating over **** like AI, Survivor, Biggest Loser, etc., etc., etc., and I saw who we have chosen as the ones to pick for our next leader, and I walked through Las Vegas and looked at all the hooker trading cards laying on the sidewalk and in the street, I'd have to think "yes, this is the great Satan."

All doo respeck:

1. Name another TV show currently where singing popular songs is essentially the entertainment. My point.

2. I have to believe Dean, that if you had no idea what CU looked like, and you heard her sing you would acknowledge her talent. Maybe not...I don't like country music, but that girl is blessed.

3. Forgive me for equating terrorists with 9/11. Not sure how that could have happened.

For the most part, Abdullah generally ditches his camel, buys a taxi and chauffeurs all those hookers around Vegas.

AI ain't Zhivago, but it is good entertainment.

proud gonzo
1/16/2008, 05:14 PM
The glam-hippie-psycho chick was acting, and i'd be willing to bet her entire rant was scripted (as was her mother).

The star wars chick had a point about them not wanting people who break the mold, but I think they could have gotten past a weird appearance if it had been a better personality. It wasn't "this is who I am, take it or leave it." It was "I'm a star wars freak, wanna fight about it?" At a Star Wars convention, sure that's fine. But when you're auditioning for something totally unrelated and make a point of drawing attention away from your voice, that's probably not the smartest move. She can't blame that on the judges--she brought it up.

The Princess Leia dude, however, was hilarious. And I was sincerely hoping he'd actually be able to sing. But that was seriously a long way to go for just some shock value to get on TV.

I felt really bad for the "let my people go" guy, though. They shouldn't have laughed at him like that.

Jimminy Crimson
1/16/2008, 05:52 PM
1. Was anyone else disturbed by the linebackers moms' FUPA?

2. Did anyone else keep looking for an adams apple on hippy/glitter 'chick'?

3. Anyone who auditions for the show is fair game for making fun of/mocking/etc, regardless of if they are fully 'there' or not. They know what they're auditioning for. This isn't the first season of AI.

BigRedJed
1/16/2008, 06:02 PM
1. Was anyone else disturbed by the linebackers moms' FUPA?

2. Did anyone else keep looking for an adams apple on hippy/glitter 'chick'?

3. Anyone who auditions for the show is fair game for making fun of/mocking/etc, regardless of if they are fully 'there' or not. They know what they're auditioning for. This isn't the first season of AI.
1. Yes. Gross. I think it was more of a frontbutt, though.

2. Yep. She totally walked like a dude, too.

3. I agree.

Jimminy Crimson
1/16/2008, 06:09 PM
1. Yes. Gross. I think it was more of a frontbutt, though.

:les:FRONTBUTT!!!!!!1!!1!11
What about a gunt or gooter?

proud gonzo
1/16/2008, 07:08 PM
Did anyone else keep looking for an adams apple on hippy/glitter 'chick'?
no, but I did wonder why she sounded like a 45-year-old chain smoker.

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2008, 07:30 PM
i think the dude in the princess leia get up must have taken a bet - i'm sure he has 10 or so friends that paid him big bucks to go thru with that

Jimminy Crimson
1/16/2008, 07:54 PM
no, but I did wonder why he sounded like a 45-year-old chain smoker.

Could be because he went through puberty. :texan:

BigRedJed
1/16/2008, 09:20 PM
GO YOU AGGIE BASTARD!!

proud gonzo
1/16/2008, 10:36 PM
mother****er, I can't believe they let him through. He'll be out REALLY fast.

Boarder
1/16/2008, 11:04 PM
I AM YOUR BROOOOTHER, YOUR BEST FRIEND FOREEVVVERR

Hot Rod
1/16/2008, 11:41 PM
..."through the end of T-i-i-i-IME!!!!!"

(BREAK)

I AM YOUR BROOOOTHER, YOUR BEST FRIEND FOREEVVERR!

soonerbrat
1/16/2008, 11:44 PM
oh grief, I just saw this guy.

soonerbrat
1/16/2008, 11:58 PM
and Colton, from Muskogee, needs to wax those eyebrows before he gets to Hollywood

Okla-homey
1/17/2008, 07:23 AM
There are three Okies total going to Hollywood so far. A very cute girl from Tulsa/Bixby, a boy from Valliant they let in to be this years geek who can sorta sing, and a boy from Muskogee who is kinda doing the Rascall Flatts-y "new country" thingy.

Thus,
East of I-35 > West of I-35.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/17/2008, 10:08 AM
Those of us West of I-35 will give you those three, especially if you gotta take the "Future Governor of Oklahoma" aggie. You need the other two to make up for him. I will give you that girl from Bixby is cute though, but a long way from making up for singing aggie.

Newbomb Turk
1/17/2008, 12:33 PM
I AM YOUR BROOOOTHER, YOUR BEST FRIEND FOREEVVVERR

I Am Your Broooother (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuH0v7GIIwI)

My son said "he sings pretty good for an asian dude". :O

Hot Rod
1/17/2008, 12:47 PM
I Am Your Broooother (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuH0v7GIIwI)

My son said "he sings pretty good for an asian dude". :O

It was just a matter of time...LOL!

SCOUT
1/17/2008, 12:50 PM
Simon was right on the money when he said that 'I am your brother' would be a hit. In the William Hung sense I am sure.

Hot Rod
1/17/2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I think this guy will be on one of the finale shows, performing that song. They usually have a night where they recap the season and I think "I Am Your Brother" will be a part of it.

BigRedJed
1/17/2008, 01:21 PM
The singing aggie got through only because Simon was ****ing with Randy. None of them thought he should actually go, it was just a ****ing contest.

That said, seeing him crash and burn will be entertaining for those of you who keep watching after the initial trainwreck episodes.

And the girl from Tulsa/Bixby, while she has a nice voice, is a total Carrie Underwood clone. I think that will hurt her more than help her. Of course, I really don't care, since that will happen after I stop watching.

M
1/17/2008, 01:28 PM
Did they open up the age range for auditions? Cause "I Am Your Brother Guy" was 44. HE'S A FAKE!!! :rolleyes:

OKLA21FAN
1/17/2008, 01:30 PM
The singing aggie got through only because Simon was ****ing with Randy. None of them thought he should actually go, it was just a ****ing contest.

i heard the singing aggie had the best voice in the world

BigRedJed
1/17/2008, 01:30 PM
Yeah, for sheep calling.

OKLA21FAN
1/17/2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah, for sheep calling.
you cal him out, a kid, that does everything right?

all he does...

is sing!!!!

go to class!!!!!

sing!!!!!

add pens to this pocket protector!!!!

makes me want to puke

Dio
1/17/2008, 01:36 PM

Or is that a "voice on the rise"? I can't ever remember...

Newbomb Turk
1/17/2008, 02:28 PM

most powerful voice in the world.

OKLA21FAN
1/17/2008, 02:39 PM
i stand corrected :pop:

SleestakSooner
1/17/2008, 03:52 PM
There are three Okies total going to Hollywood so far. A very cute girl from Tulsa/Bixby, a boy from Valliant they let in to be this years geek who can sorta sing, and a boy from Muskogee who is kinda doing the Rascall Flatts-y "new country" thingy.

Thus,
East of I-35 > West of I-35.

Isn't SicEm originally from your part of Oklahoma? :rolleyes:

Lott's Bandana
1/17/2008, 07:09 PM

His mom was in the parking lot, waiting to feed him.

:twinkies:

Mjcpr
1/17/2008, 07:12 PM
Isn't SicEm originally from your part of Oklahoma? :rolleyes:

Don't you have Rus?

:D

SleestakSooner
1/17/2008, 07:19 PM
Don't you have Rus?

Urgh...

OK that may be true but we claim him as "ours" about the same as all Sooner fans claim Smellyburger!

76soonergrad
1/18/2008, 05:35 PM
Did they open up the age range for auditions? Cause "I Am Your Brother Guy" was 44. HE'S A FAKE!!! :rolleyes:

I wondered about that guy. How he said, "Only in America can you do this for free. Anyone can do this, compete on AI." All the Simon love. Then they bring in Ryan. But, it was great TV. (There is a writer's strike.)

The Tulsa girl is 16. Simon told her, "You're not as good as you think you are." I bet she improves week by week. Didn't seem as authentic as Carrie.

Notice how there was more cussing in Philadelphia and all "Yes, ma'am, yes sir," in Dallas? I think there are regional differences.

San Diego next week. California is different. Anyone know where else they are going?

proud gonzo
1/18/2008, 06:39 PM
Omaha, Atlanta, Charleston, Miami

Mjcpr
1/18/2008, 07:02 PM
On an Intervention I watched the other day, one of the subjects actually tried out in Atlanta during the show.

She didn't make it.

Sooner98
1/18/2008, 07:30 PM

The thing that she did with her tongue here, at 6:27....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GewtADUq_eM

...reminded me of the landlady from Kingpin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPU8_4sEoXE

SoonerInKCMO
1/18/2008, 10:15 PM
You really shouldnt talk about that linebacker girls mom like that.

im sorry.:O

While I was watching her I was thinking "hey, you want to do something for your mom? Stop bringing her the ****ing doughnuts!" :mad:

tbl
1/19/2008, 10:22 AM

I was cracking UP when she did that. Easily the funniest part of the whole scene... However, "TAKE IT, TAKE IT, TAKE IT!" was pretty good.

SleestakSooner
1/19/2008, 10:42 AM
"I am your Brother!"

soonerbrat
1/19/2008, 10:55 AM

...reminded me of the landlady from Kingpin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPU8_4sEoXE

there was a song written about allentown by Bon Jovi?

Lott's Bandana
1/23/2008, 04:37 PM
I missed where teh tat'd chick from some Euro country is from? Teh one that got DQ'd last year because of visa disapprovals...

Mjcpr
1/23/2008, 04:45 PM
I missed where teh tat'd chick from some Euro country is from? Teh one that got DQ'd last year because of visa disapprovals...

Ireland.

IB4OU2
1/23/2008, 04:54 PM
Ireland.

Her husbands from Inkland.

proud gonzo
1/23/2008, 06:03 PM
there was a song written about allentown by Bon Jovi?well, at least she got the initials right. :rolleyes:

Lott's Bandana
1/23/2008, 06:20 PM
well, at least she got the initials right. :rolleyes:

Unless you call him William.

SleestakSooner
1/23/2008, 06:26 PM
Did you guys see that flamer Alberto last night? He was SUPER! </big gay al>

proud gonzo
1/23/2008, 06:47 PM
...the dude with the big fan?

soonerbrat
2/12/2008, 09:56 PM
i like the homeless kid from atlanta, the Irish girl and the australian boy.
little curly haired dude from Tulsa did a good job actually.

soonerbrat
2/12/2008, 10:05 PM
uh oh, did little homeless boy not make it?

soonerbrat
2/12/2008, 10:07 PM
ok..yeah, i'm glad they put him thru. am i the only one still watching?

Blue
2/12/2008, 10:11 PM
I had better things to do...

BIG BROTHER 9 was on! Woo hoo!

jk the sooner fan
2/12/2008, 10:11 PM
no, there's about a gazillion more of us watching

i doubt the homeless kid makes it to the final 24 but you never know

seems the talent pool is quite a bit better than last year

bluedogok
2/12/2008, 10:18 PM
there was a song written about allentown by Bon Jovi?
There was a song by Billy Joel called Allentown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K62DdoFoNeg

Hot Rod
2/13/2008, 07:39 AM
I guess they cut right to the chase and decided to forget about the group stuff. That kind of made you see how each of the contestants really wanted this and those who were the slackers.

"They didn't give me another chance..." (sobs the blonde)

Uh, yeah they did.

Mjcpr
2/13/2008, 09:45 AM
Okay, little homeless dude is a *****. That's all there is to it. How many times has he bawled so far? Pretty much every time and he slips in a comment about all of his stuggles.

STFU and quit bawling you *****, I'm sure it's important to eveyone there.

But he's a pretty unique singer.

soonerbrat
2/13/2008, 09:47 AM
There was a song by Billy Joel called Allentown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K62DdoFoNeg

yes....i was just teasing whomever it was that originally posted the bon jovi thing.

soonerbrat
2/13/2008, 09:49 AM
Okay, little homeless dude is a *****. That's all there is to it. How many times has he bawled so far? Pretty much every time and he slips in a comment about all of his stuggles.

STFU and quit bawling you *****, I'm sure it's important to eveyone there.

But he's a pretty unique singer.

he's a kid and he had 2 hours sleep..i'm giving him a small break on that. I'd cry too if I was living in a car

Mjcpr
2/13/2008, 09:51 AM
he's a kid and he had 2 hours sleep..i'm giving him a small break on that. I'd cry too if I was living in a car

He's an adult and he cried after his audition, he cried when he couldn't come up with a song and one of the band people had to coddle him and help him out, he cried when he ****ed up that last song and he cried when they put him through. *****.

I'm not buying the homeless thing and living in his car thing entirely just yet.

soonerbrat
2/13/2008, 09:53 AM
he's 16, he's a kid

Mjcpr
2/13/2008, 09:54 AM
***** kid.

birddog
2/13/2008, 09:56 AM
he's 16, he's a kid

[hairGel] THAT'S NOT TRUE!![hairGel]

Mjcpr
2/13/2008, 10:09 AM
If you want to book him for a gig, you can do so here....I guess he has WiFi in his Tempo. (http://josiahleming.com/shows.aspx)

And you can buy his songs here. (http://www.myspace.com/josiahleming)

And, he's 18. (http://www.americanidol.com/hollywoodweek/j-o.xhtml)

proud gonzo
2/13/2008, 10:12 AM
I dunno, I like the guy and want to see what he can do later... but i did think it was a little lame to take so long picking a song that he couldn't prepare it. I think he needs to learn to be more professional about his music.

I can't believe the ****ing aggie's still in. :mad:

Mjcpr
2/13/2008, 10:13 AM
I'd probably like him too if he'd quit crying.

Fugue
2/13/2008, 10:18 AM
I'd probably like him too if he'd quit crying.

You know who is really whining a lot about this? :texan:

Mjcpr
2/13/2008, 10:20 AM
You know who is really whining a lot about this? :texan:

Heh :D

Hot Rod
2/13/2008, 10:24 AM
I dunno, I like the guy and want to see what he can do later... but i did think it was a little lame to take so long picking a song that he couldn't prepare it. I think he needs to learn to be more professional about his music.

I agree with the first part of your statement about what he can do later. He does have potential. I believe him being a musician that has just relyed on only himself musically will be the barrier he has to break in order to do good in this competition. He was very lucky to get through.

soonerbrat
2/13/2008, 01:40 PM
he won't make the top 24 anyway

Mjcpr
2/14/2008, 09:05 AM
He didn't make it. And he cried, multiple times.

soonerbrat
2/14/2008, 09:16 AM
well, you don't have to watch him cry anymore.

Mjcpr
2/14/2008, 09:17 AM
That's true.

Except for that Stand by Me song he did, I thought he deserved to get through. But they seem to have an inordinate number of pretty good singers this year.

soonerbrat
2/14/2008, 09:30 AM
my other favorites got through..i actually liked more of them than usual. i think the australian guy is my favorite..but i like the blonde nanny too (the one that never saw a rated R movie), and the Irish girl.

proud gonzo
2/14/2008, 09:57 AM
i like the australian guy, but not his song choice so far. I think he has a really good voice, though.
And i wish that blonde kid had gotten through, but i dunno, maybe some of the others were way better. They didn't show everybody's auditions.

I'm glad I don't have to watch the aggie's awkwardness anymore. Simon kept saying the kid had something that people would like... i didn't like him until he got cut and was so gracious about it. That was kinda cool. I don't doubt he's a nice guy, but he annoyed me. And not just because he's an aggie.

colleyvillesooner
2/14/2008, 10:01 AM
Aggie lover.

Mjcpr
2/14/2008, 10:17 AM
i like the australian guy, but not his song choice so far. I think he has a really good voice, though.
And i wish that blonde kid had gotten through, but i dunno, maybe some of the others were way better. They didn't show everybody's auditions.

I'm glad I don't have to watch the aggie's awkwardness anymore. Simon kept saying the kid had something that people would like... i didn't like him until he got cut and was so gracious about it. That was kinda cool. I don't doubt he's a nice guy, but he annoyed me. And not just because he's an aggie.

He's similar to that guy that made it quite a ways a year or two ago. That kid was young and sang older type songs and think aggy dude was the same.

Sooner98
2/14/2008, 01:24 PM
Here's my final four prediction:

Australian guy
Cute black girl who lost her voice
Irish girl with tattoos all over her arm (cried a lot)
Nurse rocker chick

soonerbrat
2/14/2008, 01:32 PM

Australian guy
Nurse rocker chick

don't think the nurse rocker chick will make it that far. but the others are a good bet.

Hot Rod
2/14/2008, 01:56 PM
I think the young boy (16, not the gay one) will suprise us and do really well. Some of them that made it to the top 24 I had never heard them sing once, so we shall see.

BTW, I love how we don't know their names...yet. :)

soonerbrat
2/14/2008, 02:02 PM
Irish tattoo girl is named Carly
dark haired young boy is Danny
blonde nanny girl is Brooke
girl who lost her voice is Syesha
Australian guy's last name is Johns

that's all i know.

Hot Rod
2/14/2008, 02:05 PM
Here we go: http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season7/

soonerbrat
2/14/2008, 02:08 PM
I don't think we ever even saw anything about Garrett before the top 24 did we?

Hot Rod
2/14/2008, 02:12 PM
Don't think so. Him, Chikezie, Jason, and they inserted one of Colton's performances before the results.

Some of the girls too, I don't remember hearing from as well.

NormanPride
2/14/2008, 03:07 PM
1. David Archuleta
2. Michael Johns
3. Carly Smithson (hot accent, btw)
4. Joanne Borgella

David will win the little girl vote hands down. Hands. Down. And he's 1000x the singer Sanjaya was. Michael has a really mature sound, and it looks like he can sing multiple types of music, but he may drop if he can't do it consistently. Carly is a powerhouse with a great look, though it may bite her in the end as I can't remember any one that looked punk-ish making it too far. And I just love Joanne. She's like this year's Lakeisha. :D

Colton David Berry, Garrett Hartley (Haley), and Brooke White look like serial killers. Chikezie Eze has the best name ever. Jason Castro has the best hair ever.

Mjcpr
2/14/2008, 03:17 PM
He's a flaming mo but the Danny kid can sing.

soonerbrat
2/14/2008, 03:22 PM
1. David Archuleta
2. Michael Johns
3. Carly Smithson (hot accent, btw)
4. Joanne Borgella

David will win the little girl vote hands down. Hands. Down. And he's 1000x the singer Sanjaya was. Michael has a really mature sound, and it looks like he can sing multiple types of music, but he may drop if he can't do it consistently. Carly is a powerhouse with a great look, though it may bite her in the end as I can't remember any one that looked punk-ish making it too far. And I just love Joanne. She's like this year's Lakeisha. :D

Colton David Berry, Garrett Hartley (Haley), and Brooke White look like serial killers. Chikezie Eze has the best name ever. Jason Castro has the best hair ever.

I got so tired of Lakeisha. When she said she was afraid of cats and dogs, that was it.

colleyvillesooner
2/14/2008, 04:09 PM
Uh oh...

http://www.tmz.com/

Okla-homey
2/14/2008, 04:58 PM
I dunno the kids name, but he's 16 and can sing like a great singing thing. Simon loves him. He may be the odds on favorite IMHO.

Note: Mrs Homey was sad when blonde-kid-wh0-lives-in-his-car got the boot last nite. Personally, I think he cries too much. Buck up kid! There's no crying in baseball or homelessness. Especially when you choose to live that way in order to chase that neon rainbow.

Nurse rocker chick with the Lily Munster hairdo is gonna need some cleaning up to make it to the final 8.

The T-town (something Whitaker) girl sings nice, but she may be too young and sheltered to nut-up when the going gets rough.

Al in all, I am glad they dispensed with the group sings. Those things were silly. It's either an individual competition or it ain't.

I maintain, AI is still the best and most compelling thing on the boob tube that is not broadcast on OETA or HistoryInternational.

Getem
2/14/2008, 06:18 PM
The Irish girl is a ringer (http://www.mcarecords.com/artistMain.asp?artistid=186). I hate when they do that.

tbl
2/14/2008, 06:52 PM

Australian guy
Nurse rocker chick
Very, very solid choices for top 4, though I don't know about the skinny black girl. I didn't think she was that great. Yeah she could sing, but she wasn't great.

Aussie guy and Rocker chick are my favorites. I'm not sure how he translates to being a pop star, but for the show I've liked his performances and song choices. Well, maybe not his performances, but his voice is pretty good. Rocker Nurse I've liked song choices and performances. It'll be interesting to see her in the theme nights (assuming she makes top 12, which I think she will).

tbl
2/14/2008, 06:59 PM
The Irish girl is a ringer (http://www.mcarecords.com/artistMain.asp?artistid=186). I hate when they do that.
So she already has a record deal with MCA and has opened up for Bryan Adams? What the flip?

Getem
2/14/2008, 08:38 PM
So she already has a record deal with MCA and has opened up for Bryan Adams? What the flip?
I heard she signed a six album deal for over $2M but the first one bombed, so she was dropped. I guess it's ok for her to get another shot on AI, but the name change and the way they are pimping her say they are trying to pull a fast one. Part of the attraction of AI is seeing amateurs and local heros getting their big shot, well she's already had hers. Wish they would be up front with who and what she is.

TopDawg
2/15/2008, 09:59 AM
I defy anyone to not like someone on AI from Oklahoma. They've all been very likeable.

Rocker chick is going to need to stop doing the rocker hand signal every time she sees a camera. Her act is getting old. We get it, you're a rocker.

If she did a cover album of Janis tunes, I'd be interested. I think she'll struggle on AI. She hasn't shown much versatility. I'm with you, tbl, it'll be interesting to see how she does if she makes it to theme night. I'm skeptical that she'll make it that far.

There are several I like this year. Typically this is where I stop watching, but I might try to catch a few more shows this year.

C&CDean
2/15/2008, 10:03 AM
This **** is still on?

sanantoniosooner
2/15/2008, 10:04 AM
Not all of us have a yard full of snakes we can chase.

TopDawg
2/15/2008, 10:38 AM
Anybody remember what songs Irish rock girl sang during Hollywood week?

C&CDean
2/15/2008, 10:54 AM
Not all of us have a yard full of snakes we can chase.
Or a life either I guess.

sanantoniosooner
2/15/2008, 11:01 AM
Or a life either I guess.
I'm not sure that's something you can assume for anyone around here.

swardboy
2/15/2008, 11:15 AM
What? No love for Asia'h from Joplin, MO? I thought she was hands down the best. And I sense Simon thinks so too.

Her dad died two days before her first audition, and she pulled off "How Can I Live Without You" in honor of him.

NormanPride
2/15/2008, 11:18 AM
To be fair, Dean probably looks at anything on the TV and says "This ****'s still on?"

sanantoniosooner
2/15/2008, 11:29 AM
Dean getting ready (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PIYPqEvUg)

20 seconds is more than enough btw.

Hot Rod
2/15/2008, 12:56 PM
Part of the attraction of AI is seeing amateurs and local heros getting their big shot...

I agree. Also, I thought the songwriting competition part of it where they compete to have their song peformed by the Idol winner was the same thing. I've thought about trying to do this part of it. Last year's winner was a veteran christian singer/songwriter.

soonerbrat
2/19/2008, 10:08 PM
ok, danny noriega bugs me.

i still like australian boy
and the dreadlock guy was a nice surprise.

OUbones
2/19/2008, 11:37 PM
Hey brat you changed your eyes. The other ones were hawter.

OU-HSV
2/19/2008, 11:59 PM
The 17 year old is freakin good

Hot Rod
2/20/2008, 09:22 AM
ok, danny noriega bugs me.

DITTO! When you receive critism, you don't pout like a 10 year old girl!

Funny thing though. I made a comment saying Luke sounded like Kenny Loggins right after he sang, and then of course, Paula must have heard me say that as well. But he did. Nice voice, just wrong song.

Mjcpr
2/20/2008, 09:38 AM
I think Danny Noriega might be ghey.

You couldn't tell it last night, but he can sing. I think he just picked a bad song.

sanantoniosooner
2/20/2008, 09:43 AM
Fruity people shouldn't sing jailhouse rock.

soonerbrat
2/20/2008, 09:47 AM
I think Danny Noriega might be ghey.

You couldn't tell it last night, but he can sing. I think he just picked a bad song.

might?

definitely.

he's too full of himself.

soonerbrat
2/20/2008, 09:48 AM
Hey brat you changed your eyes. The other ones were hawter.

No, I still have the same eyes.
i thought the other picture looked too sad. I was pouting in that one.

sanantoniosooner
2/20/2008, 09:49 AM
No, I still have the same eyes.
i thought the other picture looked too sad. I was pouting in that one.
pouty=hawt sometimes.

I would say it was true in this case.:)

soonerbrat
2/20/2008, 11:07 AM
there. is everyone happy now?

Mjcpr
2/20/2008, 11:07 AM
Are you giving me the stank eye?

soonerbrat
2/20/2008, 11:08 AM
i guess not.

NormanPride
2/20/2008, 11:37 AM
Danny is the next Sanjaya if he doesn't pull his head out. He got the VoteForTheWorst.com bid. :D

Johns is awesome. Archuleta is awesome. Tulsa guy wasn't bad, either. Now, I'm waiting for the "Voting for Chikezie is Eze!" sign.

Boarder
2/20/2008, 12:33 PM
I liked the dude who sang "Light My Fire" the best. I have to turn my head when Noriega is on the screen. Something about him just creeps me out. I think it may be his mannerisms.

colleyvillesooner
2/20/2008, 12:44 PM

yeah, for them it means something totally different

swardboy
2/20/2008, 02:28 PM
I predict Mr. Orange suit guy will be the first to go....

Mjcpr
2/20/2008, 02:33 PM
I predict Mr. Orange suit guy will be the first to go....

Before the guy they claimed look like Peter Frampton that Simon said looked "haunted"? He's a goner.

Edit: There will be 2 boys and 2 girls voted out each week until they get to a certain number left.

NormanPride
2/20/2008, 02:43 PM
I say Garrett Ha(rt)ley and Luke Menard are gone.

Okla-homey
2/20/2008, 03:16 PM

I noted the irony to Mrs. Homey as we watched; A ghey kid singing a song about convicts dancing with each other. :D

He's this year's Sanjaya IMHO.

Mjcpr
2/20/2008, 03:34 PM
People, please. This 'mo is a way better singer than Sanjaya was, way better. He just didn't show it last night.

However, he does have annoying mannerisms and expressions though.

soonerbrat
2/20/2008, 08:49 PM
OK...I'm not sure what to think about rocker chick...her hair bugs me and i don't like her singing, but i thought she was pretty cool when she was talking.

StoopTroup
2/20/2008, 08:56 PM
Vote for Alaina!

soonerbrat
2/20/2008, 08:58 PM
I'll vote for Alaina.

StoopTroup
2/20/2008, 09:29 PM
Are they using the Deal or No Deal set?

BigRedJed
2/20/2008, 09:43 PM
Let me know when the next half-season of train wrecks starts up.

*unsubscribe*

TopDawg
2/21/2008, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I'm about to check out on this one.

Last night I came in at 7:55...about half-way through the show. Watching only the performances and the judges (not the clips and the commercials), I caught up with the show at about 8:50. It's amazing how they're able to cram one hour worth of show into that tiny little two hour slot.

shaun4411
2/21/2008, 07:41 PM
i i can proudly, and loudly say that i, shaun4411, have never seen a complete episode of american idol.

NormanPride
2/27/2008, 03:38 PM
I'm surprised nobody's talked about this one yet. That Noriega kid is weird.

David Cook was awesome, IMO, and Simon didn't like that Dave didn't care about his ****ty opinion.

M
2/27/2008, 03:42 PM
David Archuleta practically has this in the bag, but David Cook is great and has Tulsa ties. Danny Noriega should be the next "Vote For The Worst."

NormanPride
2/27/2008, 03:52 PM
Noriega is the nest VFTW (http://www.votefortheworst.com/). ;)

Newbomb Turk
2/29/2008, 08:15 AM
the voters screwed up on the chicks. While the girl from Tulsa wasn't the best, she shouldn't have been sent packing. That Kady girl was horrible and should have went home.

the biker chick is getting old too.

soonerbrat
3/4/2008, 11:49 AM
i have been tired of the biker chick for a long time. she has stupid hair and she sticks her tongue out all the time. her voice annoys me too.

check this out...David H. was a stripper - full nude in a gay club
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080304/ap_en_tv/idol_stripper

The 24-year-old finalist from Glendale, Ariz., once worked as a stripper at Dick's Cabaret, appearing fully nude and performing lap dances for the club's "mostly male" clientele, club manager Gordy Bryan said Monday

Mjcpr
3/4/2008, 11:51 AM
i have been tired of the biker chick for a long time. she has stupid hair and she sticks her tongue out all the time. her voice annoys me too.

Her song last week was horrific.

soonerbrat
3/4/2008, 11:54 AM
i agree..i couldn't stand to listen to it so i fast forwarded.

OU-HSV
3/4/2008, 11:56 AM
yep it was awful.
I still say the kid is the best on this year's show, he will win it.

tbl
3/4/2008, 04:25 PM
Why is Frodo such a favorite? I personally can't stand that kid. I know he's talented and all, but how the heck are you supposed to sell what he has? He's just a younger, shorter, slightly less gay version of Clay Aiken. No way can he translate over to the pop world.

The best way to watch the show is to record it. I skip through a lot of the performances when I can tell they're going south, skip all of Seacrests crap, all the pre-song flub. Out of a 1.5 hour show, I skim it down to around 15-20 minutes tops.

OU-HSV
3/4/2008, 05:12 PM
Why is Frodo such a favorite? I personally can't stand that kid. I know he's talented and all, but how the heck are you supposed to sell what he has? He's just a younger, shorter, slightly less gay version of Clay Aiken. No way can he translate over to the pop world.

The best way to watch the show is to record it. I skip through a lot of the performances when I can tell they're going south, skip all of Seacrests crap, all the pre-song flub. Out of a 1.5 hour show, I skim it down to around 15-20 minutes tops.
We DVR each episode. I love fast forwarding through commercials and the b.s.

IB4OU2
3/4/2008, 05:34 PM
yep it was awful.
I still say the kid is the best on this year's show, he will win it.

I agree, I think it's a race for second place right now.

sanantoniosooner
3/4/2008, 05:39 PM
she destroyed "Carry On My Wayward Son"

Sooner98
3/4/2008, 06:38 PM
she destroyed "Carry On My Wayward Son"

"Toto, this doesn't sound like Kansas anymore!"

swardboy
3/4/2008, 09:34 PM
Tonight Simon was incredibly harsh on the high tenor guy, and surprisingly high on the rocker kid playing electric guitar and mr. dreadlocks.

OU-HSV
3/4/2008, 10:22 PM
IMO this was the best the guys have done as a whole.
I thought the worst 3 tonight were that Luke guy, the gay guy, and chekeezy (sp?)
I hope the gay guy goes, I'm tired of him flaunting his gayness on stage. Okay, so you're gay...we don't care to see how gay you can act on t.v....in fact he (it) is to the point maybe he (it) needs to perform on the night the gals perform, if he (it) gets a pass through to next week.

GrapevineSooner
3/4/2008, 11:52 PM
Both Danny's should be gone after tonight.

Sadly, I predict Manuel Noriega will stick around.

Sooner98
3/5/2008, 12:02 AM
Luke is an almost certain vote-out this week. I mean, I love Wham as much as the next guy ( :rolleyes: ), but that was a terrible song choice for a singing competition.

Noriega could become this year's Sanjaya. He just needs to do like Sanjaya did last year: realize how badly you suck, embrace your suckiness, and then just have fun with it. He'll go further that way. Right now, he's just simply unentertaining, and he annoys me with his attitude.

Hot Rod
3/5/2008, 08:04 AM
My choices this week to go are Luke and Noreiga.

Luke has the great range, but has yet to show how good it can be used. Sure, the Wham song had great range with the "highhhhh", but as nice as a guy he is, I don't think this competition is working for him.

Noreiga is...well, can never take critisism and with that needs to be booted. Interesting collaboration on the his song though, but OU-HSV stated it well.

Best performances of the night, because this was the night that you had to win over people to be in the Top 12...

David Cook took on a very soft song and turned it into something I really enjoyed. It's not easy doing this to a song and his performance made it work.

David Hernadez made me a little eary when I heard it was a Celine song, because he does a have a good voice and the judges are critical about picking certain artists' songs. He pulled it off and probably had the best vocal of the night.

GrapevineSooner
3/5/2008, 08:27 AM
Best vocal of the night?

I don't think I could disagree more. By the end, my dog was howling.

Mjcpr
3/5/2008, 09:14 AM
When they interviewed dreadlock boy about his "most embarassing moment", he sounded like Floyd the Barber.

Mjcpr
3/5/2008, 09:16 AM
And, I've always thought Chris Griffin did the best Jitterbug.

soonerbrat
3/5/2008, 09:17 AM
Both Danny's should be gone after tonight.

Sadly, I predict Manuel Noriega will stick around.

isn't there only one Danny?

Hot Rod
3/5/2008, 09:32 AM
Did anyone else catch Jason's (dreadlocks) off notes at the end of his song? I thought surely the judges were going to get on him about that.

soonerbrat
3/5/2008, 10:15 AM
haven't watched yet..wasn't home last night.

GrapevineSooner
3/5/2008, 10:34 AM
Danny Hernandez...who was apparently a male stripper in a past career.

NTTAWWT

NormanPride
3/5/2008, 10:56 AM
David Cook is my fav, and not just because he's from Tulsa. He sounds like a legit artist, and seems to really be comfortable on stage. He plays the crowd well without going overboard, and he works well within the band. A great front man, but maybe not the best solo artist. Then again, that's what I like...

soonerbrat
3/5/2008, 11:18 AM
Danny Hernandez...who was apparently a male stripper in a past career.

NTTAWWT
'

his name is david..not danny.

3 davids

Hot Rod
3/6/2008, 09:03 AM
Missed the girls 80's performances last night. Stupid Cox...

How was it?

sanantoniosooner
3/6/2008, 09:16 AM
Did anyone else catch Jason's (dreadlocks) off notes at the end of his song? I thought surely the judges were going to get on him about that.

He was, but when certain singers do it, it's called character. When others do it, it's called screwing up.

soonerbrat
3/6/2008, 09:54 AM
danny noriega has GOT TO GO
i can't stand to look at him.

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!

Hot Rod
3/6/2008, 09:59 AM

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!

I completely agree. I pray that everyone voted every other guy on Tues night. It will be awful with him being in the Top 12.

soonerbrat
3/6/2008, 10:04 AM
i kinda feel sorry for Luke. he seems like a really sweet guy, but i'm not sure how he made the top 24. Amanda looked better this week, but I still hated her singing. the way she had been wearing her hair made her look fat, but really, she's not..she looked WAY better. last night I liked brooke's performance, but the rest were just meh

Hot Rod
3/6/2008, 10:10 AM
Luke has the great range, but has yet to show how good it can be used. Sure, the Wham song had great range with the "highhhhh", but as nice as a guy he is, I don't think this competition is working for him.

The auditions and Hollywood week show how different a person can sing/perform. I wouldn't miss Amanda.

texas bandman
3/6/2008, 10:11 AM
Missed the girls 80's performances last night. Stupid Cox...

How was it?

You can read about it at this link:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/realitycheck/blog/2008/03/american_idol_top_8_women_perform.html

or

Washington Post

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/tvblog/2008/03/american_idol_8_chicks_on_emba_1.html?nav=rss_blog

All I have to say is Kady must go! Tough choice on second one to go, I think maybe Kristy Lee Cook, but she wasn't bad last night.

soonerbrat
3/6/2008, 11:20 AM
why is Kristy Lee Cook's tongue always so red? did anyone else notice this? i noticed last week and this week was the same.

NormanPride
3/6/2008, 11:23 AM

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!

Noriega is safe because of VFTW, but even then he may be gone. I think Chikeze, as much as I love his singing, is in trouble with Luke.

i kinda feel sorry for Luke. he seems like a really sweet guy, but i'm not sure how he made the top 24. Amanda looked better this week, but I still hated her singing. the way she had been wearing her hair made her look fat, but really, she's not..she looked WAY better. last night I liked brooke's performance, but the rest were just meh

Amanda is also safe because of VFTW. :D Look for KKChristy and Random Blonde #3 to go, because she sucks.

Hot Rod
3/6/2008, 11:31 AM
why is Kristy Lee Cook's tongue always so red? did anyone else notice this? i noticed last week and this week was the same.

At least she stopped doing the big eye thing, right? I missed it last night.

soonerbrat
3/6/2008, 11:39 AM
Noriega is safe because of VFTW, but even then he may be gone. I think Chikeze, as much as I love his singing, is in trouble with Luke.

Amanda is also safe because of VFTW. :D Look for KKChristy and Random Blonde #3 to go, because she sucks.

VTFW?

and i heard little asian girl is dating danny noriega.
:barf:

NormanPride
3/6/2008, 11:41 AM
Dating? Uhhh...

VFTW = www.votefortheworst.com

frankensooner
3/6/2008, 11:42 AM
I think that Noriega girl is really pretty. I just don't know why they have her performing with the guys.

soonerbrat
3/6/2008, 11:43 AM
Dating? Uhhh...

VFTW = www.votefortheworst.com

yes dating. supposably.

Hot Rod
3/6/2008, 11:46 AM
I think that Noriega girl is really pretty. I just don't know why they have her performing with the guys.

I thought the same thing when the compeition started saying "I thought there were suppose to be 12 guys?! I only see 11."

Dio
3/6/2008, 11:51 AM
The girl who does the Britney impression and either the Skunk-do chick or the farmer chick are going home tonight. And don't you mean Noriega is dating the stripper dude, brat?

soonerbrat
3/6/2008, 12:00 PM
The girl who does the Britney impression and either the Skunk-do chick or the farmer chick are going home tonight. And don't you mean Noriega is dating the stripper dude, brat?

no, supposably he's gott a little som'n som'n going on with the asian girl. and i thought britney girl already went home - wasn't that alaina? or was it kady. she sucks, seriously...i thought her singing was awful last night and last week.

and i hope skunk girl goes. she bugs me.

Sooner98
3/6/2008, 01:12 PM
yes dating. supposably.

The Asian girl is a lesbian? Scandalous!

frankensooner
3/6/2008, 01:21 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z178/fastnap/young5.jpg

That Amanda can rawk!!!

tbl
3/6/2008, 04:13 PM
The only reason Luke was even put in is because he looks like Legolas. Aside from that, he's a high tenor with no range and even less talent. Nice guy, but SEE YA!

I hope the tall black chick goes home. Can't stand her at all.

The only guy I really like is the Aussie, and even he wears on me with his hand raising deal. I can't stand that I am hooked to this show... It happens every year. I don't have the discipline of BRJ to just stop after the auditions.

sanantoniosooner
3/6/2008, 04:17 PM
You're hard to please.

Hot Rod
3/6/2008, 09:45 PM
What?! I'm the first to post the fact that our wish came true?

OU-HSV
3/6/2008, 11:53 PM
......Noreiga is...well, can never take critisism and with that needs to be booted. Interesting collaboration on the his song though, but OU-HSV stated it well.....
Thanks! :D
And man was I glad to see him (it) leave

OU-HSV
3/6/2008, 11:55 PM
David Cook is my fav, and not just because he's from Tulsa. He sounds like a legit artist, and seems to really be comfortable on stage. He plays the crowd well without going overboard, and he works well within the band. A great front man, but maybe not the best solo artist. Then again, that's what I like...

Okay, so my wife and I have been trying to figure out what the deal is with him. He claimed Tulsa like the very first episode...and ever since he's said he's from like Blue Springs Missouri or somewhere like that in Missouri. Any clues...I mean did he simply move and now claims Missouri because of that or what?

bluedogok
3/7/2008, 12:01 AM
I think he may be originally from Blue Springs but living in Tulsa now.

OU-HSV
3/7/2008, 12:06 AM
I see, so I've got it backwards. But I haven't heard anything other than Missouri talked about since that early episode. Oh well, doesn't matter, it just had the wife and I curious.

soonerbrat
3/7/2008, 07:53 AM
so who got the boot besides little girly man? I didn't get to watch

Chuck Bao
3/7/2008, 08:09 AM
so who got the boot besides little girly man? I didn't get to watch

I don't know and I just watched it. I'm still feeling that the boy got short-changed somehow.

American Idol is just not right.

soonerbrat
3/7/2008, 08:10 AM
you watched and you don't know who got kicked off.
hm.

Chuck Bao
3/7/2008, 08:28 AM
Hey, this is my very first AL. I haven't learned their names yet and how this whole thing works.

Now, I'm rooting for the Filipina and that Aussie guy, or that half Tulsa guy.

frankensooner
3/7/2008, 10:06 AM
Kady Malloy, 18, from Houston, was the first to get the boot during the live telecast. Judge Simon Cowell called Malloy "forgettable" after she sang Queen's "Who Wants To Live Forever" on Wednesday's female performance show.

Luke Menard, 29, from Crawfordsville, Indiana, was dismissed second. Menard appropriately reprised his performance from Tuesday's '80s-themed male performance show: "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go."

Asia'h Epperson, 19, from Joplin, Missouri, was third to go-go. Cowell had called Epperson a "second-rate" Whitney Houston after her rendition of "I Wanna Dance with Somebody."

Danny Noriega, 18, from Azusa, California, was the last semifinalist to be expelled. The over-the-top contestant, who sang "Tainted Love," was in tears following his removal. Seacrest called him "one of our most courageous performers ever."

NormanPride
3/7/2008, 10:39 AM
Asia'h leaving over Kristy was a joke. :mad:

frankensooner
3/7/2008, 10:42 AM
All I know is my 8 yo was heartbroken over Asia'h's boot.

SoonerInKCMO
3/7/2008, 10:45 AM
I'm gonna miss Kady's boobs. :(

Lott's Bandana
3/7/2008, 11:09 AM
Danny Noriega, 18,.... Seacrest called him "one of our most courageous performers ever."

Frank, I thought he said "outrageous".

I would have said, "contagious". Or at least, "infectious".

:pop:

sanantoniosooner
3/7/2008, 11:28 AM
definitely "tainted"

Osce0la
3/7/2008, 12:11 PM

x2

tbl
3/11/2008, 09:10 PM
I know it won't happen, but I am truly hoping Frodo goes home (as I have for a while). He BOTCHED "We can work it out" like never before. Just the fact that he openly admitting to not liking the Beatles is enough for me, aside from the overall dislike I have for the guy.

Shockingly the best performance IMO was Chikeze. I couldn't believe how good that was. Karly (tattoo face) was solid and that song fit her to a T. Brooke White did good on Let it be. Very good.

Dreds version of If I fell was bad, throwing the falsetto's in there where he really just needed somebody singing good harmonies with him.

David (Tulsa Mizzu Emo) wasn't great. Too emo for me... but it did fit him.

Amanda (rocker chick) did okay.

Michael Johns (Aussie) was good. I liked him keeping it simple. He's still my fave.

Kristy Lee Cook (redneck from Oregon) SUCKED so bad it hurt. I love the Beatles and country as much as anybody, but marrying the two in that way was AWFUL.

Syesha sucked, as did Ramiele (chingy chong), and David gay stripper.

OU-HSV
3/11/2008, 09:33 PM
This is the order that I remember the best few from tonight. Karly, David Mizz/Tulsa, Brooke, Chikeze.
Overall, great night.
The kid sucked tonight..as did Amanda, Syesha and obviously Kristy Cook will be leaving. Oh and that one guy sucked.. I can't remember his name..the guy that said he worked at a pizza parlor

texas bandman
3/11/2008, 10:53 PM
I predict its time for Ramiele and David (gay stripper to go). David A. was really weak tonight...he really showed his age. My favorite was David Cook followed by Brooke and Chikeze. Chikeze really stepped it up tonight and had an energized performance. Very uneven night, some great performances, some not and some teh suk.

SeattleOUstudent
3/11/2008, 11:33 PM

IN!

Hot Rod
3/12/2008, 07:17 AM
Got to give it up to Brooke, because to sing a legendary song like that, with basically just the piano and try to keep her nerves for the 1st time on the biggest stage of her life, so far, was a good performance.

I literally fell asleep when Kristy sang. I heard I didn't miss it. Then I awake to a stumbling on the words by little Davey.

So, we have the top 12 and if you had to pick the winner now, who would it be? My pick due to consistency would have to be Michael Johns.

Chuck Bao
3/12/2008, 08:03 AM
I'm watching the back-to-back repeat. I would vote for Chikeze first. That was entertaining. Maybe he needs to sing and dance like he's drunk more often.

I also liked Carly's "Come Together" and David Cook's "Eleanor Ridgy".

Say, anyone in Tulsa ever visit The Blank Slate?

JohnnyMack
3/12/2008, 10:23 AM
So I just figured out that this David Cook guy from Tulsa is roommates with a guy who used to work for us part time here at the office. They play together in a band here and the guy who used to work for us is helping David with the arrangements on his songs.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/12/2008, 10:35 AM
I watched it for the first time last night just so I could chip in on this thread..So I dont know who's who and whats what..

The nurse lady borderlines just being a Joplin impersonator to me..its a fine line between impersonating a voice and being influenced by somebody...

pole dancer guy was awful..pitch problems, just awkward

chick with the big tat on her arm I thought was pretty good..

The piano playing blonde did well..

Dude from Tulsa was very blah in the first portion of the song but finished strong

And thats all I watched..couldnt take it anymore..

If this show was a legit talent contest, I would be more interested

texas bandman
3/12/2008, 10:40 AM
I think that Simon has the hots for Brooke. ;)

NormanPride
3/12/2008, 10:44 AM
So I just figured out that this David Cook guy from Tulsa is roommates with a guy who used to work for us part time here at the office. They play together in a band here and the guy who used to work for us is helping David with the arrangements on his songs.

So you're gonna give us spoilers on what he's singing, right? :D He was awesome, and yet again produced something I'd actually buy.

frankensooner
3/12/2008, 10:46 AM
So, the participants have to come up with their own arrangements? How does that work? I was wondering about that last night.

GrapevineSooner
3/12/2008, 11:00 AM
I think I'm out on AI completely.

Nobody from this crop of talent this year is going to make it big anywhere anyhow. Kady Malloy had a shot, but forgot to get a personality transplant.

At least she has her hotness to fall back on.

soonerbrat
3/12/2008, 11:02 AM
just goes to show... you can't get by on boobs alone

stoops the eternal pimp
3/12/2008, 11:12 AM
depends on your profession

NormanPride
3/12/2008, 08:22 PM
David Archuleta has three popped collars.

:les: THREE!

tbl
3/18/2008, 10:20 PM
Amanda (Rocker chick) was yet again predictable... and it sucked. She should have sang "Yer Blues".

Kristy Lee Cook is doomed. It ticked me off enough that she had no CLUE about one of the greatest Beatle songs ever, and then she went out there with that arrangement. Hey, dumb dumb... It's an acoustic song. Try singing it with an acoustic guitar and a fiddle for the solo. However, she did want to blow Simon out of his socks, so maybe she'll stay...

Frodo.. this guy. As soon as I heard he was doing "The Long and Winding Road", I KNEW he'd nail it... and I hate him for it. That is easily my least favorite Beatles song (I actually hate it), but I knew it was his style and that he'd do what he did... Yet another week to search for the ring.

Michael Johns. Not sure what he was thinking by picking a song that is so long and complex and trying to fit it into that. "I've got a feeling" is his money song, and he missed it two weeks in a row. Maybe "Oh Darling"... Oh well...

Brooke White should have done an acoustic version of "Here comes the sun" and she'd have been fine. That girl has to have an instrument or a seat, because as soon as she's walking around with just a mic, it's absolutely painful. She knows it too...

David Cook... Overall, didn't like it. As soon as I saw the mic set up for the voice box, I knew it was going to be a disaster. The solo definitely lived up to the level of crap I thought it would. ****** is getting too full of himself.

Carly doing Blackbird didn't fit at all. There are certain songs her oversinging bulljive can work with, but that was NOT it. Gag... Then to take the original intent of the song (civil rights struggles) and change it to a group of ******rockets trying to be pop stars. Good grief...

Dreds... hey dude, go smoke some weed and get back to flunking out of Aggie... His facial expressions make me want to punch a kitten, and his performance tonight was a full on suck.

I figured Yesterday would have been sung 4 times by now. Too bad it was Syesha to take the only shot. I can't stand it when females take a song and change all the gender associations in it to fit them. I also hate it when people oversing and butcher a classic. Poo!

Chikezies freak upper lip bugs me. I don't get that arrangement tonight either. Its just odd for a dude that black to pull out a bluegrass arrangement two weeks in a row.

She should have known better than to sing that song. I love that song, but it has GOT to have a Lennon-esque raspiness to it, otherwise it sounds... well like the crap it did tonight. The band was horrible as well. Butchered every way possible...

Please American Idol... Leave the Beatles alone.

tbl
3/18/2008, 10:24 PM
That's weird. No cusswords yet I was edited twice. I feel violated.

Blue
3/18/2008, 10:28 PM
I've liked Chikeezie the last few weeks. I like Robert Randolph though.

Dreds=Ben Harper wannabe.

RADsooner
3/18/2008, 11:57 PM
like em or not the top 3 right now would be the davids and carly

texas bandman
3/19/2008, 12:24 AM
It was a pretty weak night overall. I still think Ramielle needs to go.

OklaPony
3/19/2008, 07:22 AM
It was a pretty weak night overall. I still think Ramielle needs to go.
That's my prediction for this week. That girl just hasn't found her identity... maybe it's on an upper shelf and she can't reach it.

soonerbrat
3/19/2008, 09:55 AM
Ramielle needs to go and so does skunk girl.
and I think Chikeze's upper lip is not the problem..he has big gums.

SeattleOUstudent
3/19/2008, 10:25 AM
please kick off the skunk. Keep hot country girl....for a little while.