PDA

View Full Version : American Idol: Season 7

Pages : 1 [2]

NormanPride
3/19/2008, 10:58 AM
Is it just me or does tbl just hate everyone and everything about Idol? ;)

I still love Cook and Chikeze. They're the most fun to watch, and they're the only ones that try to do different things each week. Ramiele, Kristy, and Michael are in the bottom three, and Kristy goes home (finally!). Mark it.

Soonrboy
3/19/2008, 11:23 AM
I think Brooke White is the best singer on there, as long as she stays seated. You could tell she was thinking that she should stay on those stairs when she started the song.

Chakizi is too confident. Don't like that.

Okla-homey
3/19/2008, 09:11 PM
adios Rocker Chick. You and your skunk hairstyle can saddle up and hit the bricks.

tbl
3/19/2008, 10:27 PM
Is it just me or does tbl just hate everyone and everything about Idol? ;)

I still love Cook and Chikeze. They're the most fun to watch, and they're the only ones that try to do different things each week. Ramiele, Kristy, and Michael are in the bottom three, and Kristy goes home (finally!). Mark it.

The problem is I actually like the show, but I like the Beatles much more. ;)

Hot Rod
3/20/2008, 08:06 AM
Am I the only one that hears Carly's irish accent go in and out?

soonerbrat
3/20/2008, 08:31 AM

no, you're not...Michael Johns' accent does too..but they've both been living in the US for a while, so I can see where that would happen.

SoonerAcesUp
3/20/2008, 08:47 AM
The problem is I actually like the show, but I like the Beatles much more. ;)

There are very few people that I like hearing sing The Beatles besides The Beatles. They should have done one week max.

OklaPony
3/20/2008, 09:41 AM
adios Rocker Chick. You and your skunk hairstyle can saddle up and hit the bricks.

I pretty much agree with that except for one aspect. While I think she really should've gotten the boot about 2 weeks ago when she had a brutally bad night, she made it to the top 11 and I really wished she would have outlasted Ramielle. Why, you ask? Performance-wise, Amanda would've added a really cool element to the tour while Ramielle adds absolutely nothing.

There are very few people that I like hearing sing The Beatles besides The Beatles. They should have done one week max.

I think last week was specifically Lennon-McCartney while this week opened up the entire Beatles songbook, regardless of writer. I'd have to go back and look up each song that the Idols performed but I think that presented a little different catalog from which they could choose.

Pricetag
3/20/2008, 09:46 AM
Heh, I said, "I have a fake Arrrrrrr-ish accent" last night, and just about set my wife off. I have been ranking on dreadlock boy as a poseur by definition (all white dudes with dreads are) the entire show, and she keeps telling me how close minded I am, and when I selected a new target, she didn't care much for it.

NormanPride
3/20/2008, 10:04 AM
Heh. I'll miss Amanda's funky looks, and I'm again sad that Krappy Kountry Kristy isn't gone. She shouldn't have even made the top 12.

I'll be rooting for Chikeze and D-Cook from now on. I like Brooke White as well, but I know she'll get old after awhile.

Hot Rod
3/20/2008, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I think everyone wants Kristy gone.

Last night I thought about how awesome Alaina (16 yr old from Tulsa)would've done at this point in the competition. She could flat out sing!

SoonerAcesUp
3/20/2008, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I think everyone wants Kristy gone.

Last night I thought about how awesome Alaina (16 yr old from Tulsa)would've done at this point in the competition. She could flat out sing!

Yeah tell me why she couldn't get more votes than Kristy. Much cuter and much better singer.

tbl
3/25/2008, 10:12 PM
Still think Frodo needs to go. Bottom three will be Ramiele, Carly, and Chikeze. Ramiele should go home, but she won't.

Emo guy did a good job with Billie Jean. Michael Johns was good on Queen, but I noticed he still couldn't hit the Freddie Mercury falsetto. Can't fault him for that...

sooneron
3/25/2008, 10:14 PM
There are people in this thread that are losing big cool points for watching this crap.

texas bandman
3/25/2008, 10:55 PM
How about "Dancing with the Stars"? Will that lose "cool" points? :D

tbl
3/26/2008, 06:07 AM
There are people in this thread that are losing big cool points for watching this crap.

We can't help it...

Okla-homey
3/26/2008, 06:38 AM
Cowgirl done good with a very cheezy song. Emo guy with Tulsa connections did outstanding. Filipina needs to go. That is all.

Hot Rod
3/26/2008, 07:23 AM
Bottom 3 pick for tonight: Camiele, Kristy, and David A. (he can't sing a fast song because he doesn't know what to do with his hands).

Mjcpr
3/26/2008, 08:48 AM
Cowgirl done good with a very cheezy song. Emo guy with Tulsa connections did outstanding. Filipina needs to go. That is all.

Yep, I thought Tulsa boy's Billie Jean was excellent. I've never heard of the guy they credited with that version of it, nor have I ever heard that version of it, but he did a GREAT job with it IMO.

colleyvillesooner
3/26/2008, 08:58 AM
Yep, I thought Tulsa boy's Billie Jean was excellent. I've never heard of the guy they credited with that version of it, nor have I ever heard that version of it, but he did a GREAT job with it IMO.

You've never heard of Soundgarden's Chris Cornell?

Mjcpr
3/26/2008, 09:02 AM
You've never heard of Soundgarden's Chris Cornell?

That's correct.

colleyvillesooner
3/26/2008, 09:07 AM
Seriously? The lead singer for Soundgarden, and then Audioslave?

Black Hole Sun?? You couldn't not here that song in 1994.

Mjcpr
3/26/2008, 09:10 AM
Seriously? The lead singer for Soundgarden, and then Audioslave?

Black Hole Sun?? You couldn't not here that song in 1994.

Seriously. I think it has been well established that I'm not a big music person.

I have heard Black Hole Sun but that doesn't mean I know who the lead singer of the band is. I probably would have trouble naming 5 lead singers with a hit in the last 10 years. So, no, I've never heard of the dude.

colleyvillesooner
3/26/2008, 09:11 AM
Oh, OK, well he does some pretty good solo stuff. His acoustic sets are great. Once i heard it was his version, I knew it was gonna be perfect for that guy.

texas bandman
3/26/2008, 12:50 PM
I think David Cook is head and shoulders above the rest and, yes, Ramielle must go!!!

soonerbrat
3/27/2008, 10:46 PM
ergh...i too was hoping ramiele would go..not even in bottom 3? bleh. i'm tired of syesha too..for some reason she just annoys me.

Okla-homey
3/28/2008, 06:40 AM
When is aggie stoner boy leaving? Dreads and blue eyes is like a screen door on a submarine.

tbl
3/28/2008, 11:49 AM
When is aggie stoner boy leaving? Dreads and blue eyes is like a screen door on a submarine.

No doubt. The only people I really like are Brooke White, Michael Johns, and sometimes David Cook. The rest irk me on different levels, but Frodo is easily the worst. Ramiele is a very close second...

Mjcpr
3/28/2008, 12:26 PM

I still think he sounds like Floyd in his interviews prior to his performance.

http://www.cmyoung.com/images/floyd.JPG

texas bandman
3/28/2008, 12:28 PM
Prepubescent girls will keep Aggie dred and Archeleta in. The Aggie needs to go along with Ramiele. I don't know who's keeping Ramiele in, she's much worse than most that have already been kicked off.

dw17
3/28/2008, 03:37 PM
Aggy would be cool as a Jack Johnson style dude. I have blue eyes and if I were single I'd totally grow dreads. He won't win, I know but he's not as horrible as Ramielele and David A. Ugh, David A's song sounded like some sort of horrible attempt at a contemporary Christian song or I don't know what. It was wretched. Even the judges, who have some sort of wierd wanting him to stay thing could barely say anything good.

tbl
4/10/2008, 03:37 PM
I am in shock. Shock I tell ya. This is the first time since I've watched this show (and I've watched it since season 1) that I've ever actually been ticked off. I hope it works out for Michael Johns, as I really think the guy is talented. His version of the Dolly Parton song was amazing, and overall he's the most "real" talent they had. Sure, his version of Dream on wasn't the best (it was much better tonight), but no way do some of those other sucko's deserve to stay over him.

proud gonzo
4/11/2008, 06:12 AM
i think he has a big enough following that he'll do well anyway. but yeah, that was stupid.

I think his "dream on" was better the first night. i was thinking man, no way should anyone try that. nobody else can pull off the wailing at the end, and then he DID it. it was awesome.

Hot Rod
4/11/2008, 03:47 PM
2 years ago a guy by the name of Chris Daughtery got eliminated from the show earlier than expected. I hear he's doing pretty well and will be in concert here next week.

soonerbrat
4/11/2008, 06:23 PM
SYESHA MUST GO!

I was so excited when she was in the bottom 3 this week.

Jason Castro was really good this week..but that song he sang always makes me cry....they played that version at my brother in law's funeral with a slideshow.