PDA

View Full Version : Hillary beginnig to shine over the others...

Soonerus
1/15/2008, 09:31 PM
...just saying....

Frozen Sooner
1/15/2008, 09:34 PM
Obama wasn't in the Michigan primaries and the Michigan primaries commit no delegates for the Democratic nomination.

Just saying...

Soonerus
1/15/2008, 09:37 PM
I am talking debates...duh...

CatfishSooner
1/15/2008, 09:40 PM
ooooo ok

JohnnyMack
1/15/2008, 09:41 PM
Buzzkill.

CatfishSooner
1/15/2008, 09:47 PM
Buzzkill.

ditto

Rhino
1/15/2008, 09:51 PM
Suuuure you were.

mikeelikee
1/15/2008, 09:51 PM
Hillary should be proud. She had a nearly 2 to 1 victory over "uncommitted" tonight! :D

CatfishSooner
1/15/2008, 09:53 PM
Hillary = the devil...

CatfishSooner
1/15/2008, 09:55 PM
shine like the devil?

Rogue
1/15/2008, 09:56 PM
I don't know. I like the politics of all 3 on tonight. My biggest complaint about Hillary is that she will, right or wrong, make the divisiveness in the country worse than W. Maybe the only legitimate contender that could.

She's more sophisticated on policy matters for sure. Edwards has done all but call her 'the best candidate that money can buy.' Obama missed a chance earlier on the question about regretting his comment that Hillary is "likable enough." I thought he should have just admitted that it was mean spirited and impulsive, looked her in the eye, apologized and moved on. Instead he continued with the early theme of the night..."that's what I said but that's not how I meant it..."

Big Red Ron
1/15/2008, 09:56 PM
Barrack Hussein Obama is the anti-Christ.

Soonerus
1/15/2008, 09:57 PM
She has substance, don't be so bigoted.

Whet
1/15/2008, 09:58 PM
Hillary shining... must be all of that experience she obtained. The following is from an email I received. It does make sense, to me.

In a news conference Deanna Favre announced she will be the starting QB for the Packers this coming Sunday. Deanna asserts that she is qualified to be starting QB because she has spent the past 16 years married to Brett while he played QB for the Packers. During this period of time she became familiar with the definition of a corner blitz, and is now completely comfortable with other terminology of the Packers offense. A survey of Packers fans shows that 50% of those polled supported the move.

Does this sound idiotic and unbelievable to you? Well, Hillary Clinton makes the same claims as to why she is qualified to be President and 50% of democrats polled agreed. She has never run a City, County, or State. When told Hillary Clinton has experience because she has 8 years in the White House, Dick Morris stated "so does the pastry chef".

Rogue
1/15/2008, 09:58 PM
"Green collar jobs." Nice new catchphrase.
Russert and Williams are good mods. Maybe they can police the n00bs on the football board next year!

Soonerus
1/15/2008, 09:59 PM
Nobody cannot come up with weak and lame propoganda against each candidate...get real...

sanantoniosooner
1/15/2008, 10:02 PM
I thought Hillary just died the other day.

Soonerus
1/15/2008, 10:07 PM
Face it SAS, we are looking at a woman president....no other decent candidates...

Blue
1/15/2008, 10:08 PM
This debate and the fox debate make CNNs youtube debate look even worse.

What a joke that was.

CatfishSooner
1/15/2008, 10:09 PM
Hillary shining... must be all of that experience she obtained. The following is from an email I received. It does make sense, to me.

In a news conference Deanna Favre announced she will be the starting QB for the Packers this coming Sunday. Deanna asserts that she is qualified to be starting QB because she has spent the past 16 years married to Brett while he played QB for the Packers. During this period of time she became familiar with the definition of a corner blitz, and is now completely comfortable with other terminology of the Packers offense. A survey of Packers fans shows that 50% of those polled supported the move.

Does this sound idiotic and unbelievable to you? Well, Hillary Clinton makes the same claims as to why she is qualified to be President and 50% of democrats polled agreed. She has never run a City, County, or State. When told Hillary Clinton has experience because she has 8 years in the White House, Dick Morris stated "so does the pastry chef".

:D

Whet
1/15/2008, 10:10 PM
Speaking on a somewhat level-headed assessment, Clinton does have the traits to be a president (similar to Lyndon Johnson), which I do not believe the other Dems have.

Hussein is merely another Chicago pol, complete with his crooked associates -(The Chicago Sun-Times has some good stories about his connections). The Hair only has his tired populist themes, no substance. Then there is quacky Dennis Kucinich - need I say more? (He and Ron Paul could be cousins, or something)

Blue
Face it SAS, we are looking at a woman president....no other decent candidates...

Yer Cccraaasey!

http://www.timeout.com/img/14309/w513/image.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
Hillary should be proud. She had a nearly 2 to 1 victory over "uncommitted" tonight! :D

hey, you laugh... uncommitted beat Jimmy Carter in Iowa in 1976.

SanJoaquinSooner

BillyBall
1/15/2008, 10:15 PM
Nobody cannot

That alone disqualifies you

Rogue
1/15/2008, 10:21 PM
I'm paying close attention to what they say about VA healthcare. I might get to go to Walter Reed Friday and hear some of the service members speak freely.

I just hope that everyone realizes veteran's healthcare is a committment for life and not just when everyone has flags and yellow ribbon magnets on their cars.

no one
1/15/2008, 10:23 PM
Nobody cannot come up with weak and lame propoganda against each candidate...get real...but what about me? :confused:

Harry Beanbag
1/15/2008, 10:24 PM

Too bad Uncommitted didn't do as well in the General Election that year. :)

Soonerus
1/15/2008, 10:25 PM
I have yet to decide whom I am voting for in 08...

Rogue
1/15/2008, 10:26 PM
Speaking on a somewhat level-headed assessment...
Now don't go clutterin' up the SO with anything like that with yer fancy words and all.

Now I'm gonna have to find out WTF Yucca Mountain is all about.
JE is too willing to take nuclear power right off the table. There may be a way. Hell, everything is a possible target for terr'ists and we can't run a country by fear anymore.

Rogue
1/15/2008, 10:28 PM
It'll be an interesting State of the Union Address this year. All about trying to turd-polish a "legacy."

Vaevictis
1/15/2008, 10:30 PM
Heh, after Bush, I might just be satisfied with a politician who can do sleazy and/or illegal **** and at least have the decency not to get caught.

JohnnyMack
1/15/2008, 10:44 PM
Hillary's lead against Uncommitted is down to 57 over 38.

Not a great sign considering no one else bothered campaigning in that state.

Soonerus
1/15/2008, 10:46 PM
Very interesting race black vs. woman....

Big Red Ron
1/15/2008, 10:48 PM
Why the hell would anyone go vote for "Uncommited?"

The Democratic party can't get BHO on the ballot in Meechigan? WTF???

Dims indeed. ;)

Big Red Ron
1/15/2008, 10:50 PM
Very interesting race black vs. woman....At the end of the day, I just don't think America is ready for either. Maybe not many would say that but if you look at turn out and voter history records vs. polling data, I just don't see either winning in 2008.

CatfishSooner
1/15/2008, 10:54 PM
At the end of the day, I just don't think America is ready for either. Maybe not many would say that but if you look at turn out and voter history records vs. polling data, I just don't see either winning in 2008.

I agree..

Rogue
1/15/2008, 11:03 PM

Dims indeed. ;)

Yeah, I saw the winky but it is interesting that only Hillary bucked the (D) party and stayed on the ballot after Michigan moved their primary date up earlier.

Rogue
1/15/2008, 11:06 PM
At the end of the day, I just don't think America is ready for either. Maybe not many would say that but if you look at turn out and voter history records vs. polling data, I just don't see either winning in 2008.

Seriously? If true, it's a sad comment on how far we haven't come as a country. I, for one, am ready to say that the POTUS doesn't have to be a white protestant man.

Edit just because I don't want to wait for flood control.

This (likely minority president) is what makes this election so historic. The 2004 election was really the biggest in a loooong time. Mostly, IMO, because of the Supreme Court appointments.

Soonerus
1/15/2008, 11:09 PM
weak field....

Rogue
1/15/2008, 11:11 PM
weak field....

Yup, it's like watching Vandy and Baylor play in a championship game.

Where the hell is Al Gore?

Big Red Ron
1/15/2008, 11:29 PM
Seriously? If true, it's a sad comment on how far we haven't come as a country. I, for one, am ready to say that the POTUS doesn't have to be a white protestant man.

Edit just because I don't want to wait for flood control.

This (likely minority president) is what makes this election so historic. The 2004 election was really the biggest in a loooong time. Mostly, IMO, because of the Supreme Court appointments.I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I'm just saying. The thing is it's about a WOMAN that is the former first lady and an extremely liberal, admitted former drug using black man that is from the "Weirdest Generation."

It's not a race or sex thing. It's a personal belief system thing. Neither one of those two represent the "Majority" of American's political philosophy. Again, looking at the demographics on an issue basis vs. turnout basis and you see that the numbers don't add up. The older, better educated and wealthier turnout to vote at a higher rate than everyone else. Is the "Black vote important? Yes but even if you take them as a whole and assume the all vote one way (which is not accurate) they still don't amount to 25% of the overall vote.

Anyway, I don't think it's a statement of our society that it doesn't work for 2008. It wasn't Alan Keys time for the Republicans in 96, or 00. Not Ferraro for the Dems in 1984 either.

Whet
1/15/2008, 11:30 PM
Al is back working that zinc mine in your part of the country!

Scott D
1/16/2008, 04:25 PM

Dims indeed. ;)

the 'National' Democratic party got it's panties in a bunch when Michigan moved it's primary up from Feb. Their reaction was to remove all the candidates from the ballot for the primary. All of them initially agreed to it, with Hillary being the only one who had her fingers crossed behind her back. Truthfully, I think she knew it was very likely that going into Michigan she would be trailing either Obama or Edwards on the National scene, and would need Michigan to appear to have any chance of getting to August in the lead. The other Democratic candidates had their campaigns working on the 'vote for Uncommitted' process with Michigan instead of voting for Hillary.

Even at that her 55% to Uncommitted's 40% is for all intent and purpose a loss for Hillary although her camp will spin it as a win.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/17/2008, 01:32 AM
Senator Clinton borrows from Ronald Reagan's playbook, and has a bit of fun with the microphone...

Clinton plays flight attendant in campaign plane spoof
Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:52pm EST
By Jeff Mason

LAS VEGAS (Reuters) - Hillary Clinton, flight attendant? Not exactly, but the Democratic presidential hopeful did impersonate one briefly on Wednesday as her new campaign plane made its first voyage with journalists, staff and the candidate herself on board.

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen and welcome aboard the maiden flight of Hil Force One" said the former first lady, startling reporters on the flight from Las Vegas to Reno, Nevada. Air Force One is the name of the plane that carries the U.S. president.

"My name is Hillary and I am so pleased to have most of you on board," she said over the loud speaker, an oblique reference to her sometimes contentious relationship with the media.

Clinton had been traveling on a chartered jet, with reporters relegated to a separate media plane or commercial flights. Now, with the race for the Democratic nomination going nationwide, the campaign has put the full entourage on one aircraft.

Clinton parodied the speech that flight attendants give at the onset of a trip.

"FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) regulations prohibit the use of any cell phones, BlackBerrys, or wireless devices that may be used to transmit a negative story about me," the New York senator said.

"And in the event of an unexpected drop in poll numbers, this plane will be diverted to New Hampshire," Clinton said, recalling her victory there over rival Barack Obama last week, despite polls that predicted the Illinois senator would win.

Clinton slipped in one dig against Obama, whom she has portrayed as not experienced enough for the White House.

"We know you have choices when you fly, and so we are grateful that you chose the plane with the most experienced candidate," she concluded.

Soonerus
1/17/2008, 01:34 AM
She's a big time threat...I have yet to decide but I may vote for her...