PDA

View Full Version : Are we recruiting any more Oklahoma kids?

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2008, 08:21 PM
Just read that the 2 from Muskogee give us 3 total commitments from Oklahoma; do we just not recruit the state anymore or is the talent level that bad this year? I just don't get it

Collier11
1/15/2008, 08:40 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing more Oklahoma recruits even if they are 3 and 4 stars instead of 5. That being said, Bob goes after the best of the best and that often doesnt include Oklahoma kids rankings wise!

Ground_Attack
1/15/2008, 10:08 PM
Oklahoma has about as many kids as Houston. Its not like we have a lot of #s to start with.

SOONER STEAKER
1/15/2008, 10:28 PM
Oklahoma has about as many kids as Houston. Its not like we have a lot of #s to start with.

Not true. Houston & it's suburbs of schools have more HS kids than we do in the state of Oklahoma.

Rhino
1/15/2008, 10:58 PM
The state of Oklahoma only had four 4stars this year. Out of them, we got commitments from Owens and McGee. Staley wants to be a RB, we want him to be a safety - he's committed to OSU. Texas Tech moved in quickly on Jeffers and got his verbal, meanwhile we already had commits from two RBs.

As far as 3stars go, I think we'll end up regretting not going harder after KJ Williams (TE/FB/DE, Texas A&M).

If we have spots left on signing day, you may see us offering someone like John Flanders (DB, Midwest City) or Cameron Gladd (FB, Clinton).

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2008, 11:22 PM
Thank you Rhino, that's all i wanted to know; i don't keep up on the recruiting like a lot of you do so i'm clueless on what is going on in Oklahoma HS football

Desert Sapper
1/15/2008, 11:25 PM
I figured we offered Gladd already. We need a FB this year.

Jello Biafra
1/15/2008, 11:32 PM
I figured we offered Gladd already. We need a FB this year.

aye, i was wondering about him a couple of days ago......would like to see him come in, gain some weight and possibly grow a hair lip.....who knows what he could do his senior year in a bowl game ;)

insuranceman_22
1/16/2008, 12:21 AM
aye, i was wondering about him a couple of days ago......would like to see him come in, gain some weight and possibly grow a hair lip.....who knows what he could do his senior year in a bowl game ;)

That's just not right....funny as hell though

MojoRisen
1/16/2008, 02:59 PM
As far as FB go what about that kid from ALabama that was like 255 and ran a 4.6 played TB.

He had us HIGH