PDA

View Full Version : Sooners vs Buckeyes!!!

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2008, 07:28 PM
2016 and 2017; hope i'm still alive to see both games!!

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2008, 07:32 PM
First game is in Norman then travel to Columbus the next year

KaiserSooner
1/15/2008, 07:36 PM
Bob Barry Jr mentioned something about this tonight. Didn't mention any dates though.

sooner n houston
1/15/2008, 07:41 PM
Sweet!

OUMonster
1/15/2008, 07:48 PM
Will either game be on TV? Who is calling the game?

;)

SOONER STEAKER
1/15/2008, 07:53 PM

;)

Bo Traber and Al Eshbach Jr in the booth. I wonder if these guys will be as good as their fathers. :eek:

XingTheRubicon
1/15/2008, 07:56 PM
I'll make sure to buy a cup for the trip to Columbus. Maybe a gas mask and some penicillin as well.

boomersooner28
1/15/2008, 09:44 PM

;)

You know Bob Barry Sr. will be calling it on the radio. :D ;)

sooneron
1/15/2008, 09:49 PM
I'll make sure to buy a cup for the trip to Columbus. Maybe a gas mask, riot gear, taser, east german riot baton, concussion grenades, and some penicillin as well.
fixed that for you.

Paperclip
1/15/2008, 10:32 PM
NORMAN -- Perennial college football powerhouses Oklahoma and Ohio State will begin a two-game series in 2016. That announcement came today when OU also announced the completion of its 2008 schedule.

Tennessee-Chattanooga is the opponent for the final date that was remaining on the slate for the upcoming season.

The Ohio State games will rekindle a series that has been dormant since 1983 when the Buckeyes notched a 24-14 win in Norman.

The only other meeting was in 1977, when Uwe von Schamann's 41-yard field goal with two seconds remaining hoisted the Sooners to a 29-28 victory at Columbus.

In the previous matchups both Oklahoma and Ohio State brought top-10 rankings into the game.

The first game of the new series will take place Sept. 17, 2016 in Norman. It will be followed by a Sept. 16, 2017 game at Columbus.

"This series will bring together two of the most celebrated programs in the history of college football," said OU athletic director Joe Castiglione. "Oklahoma has demonstrated that it is committed to scheduling games of this kind that mean so much to college football on a national scale. We hope to continue that approach well into our future."

* The UT-Chattanooga game fills out the 2008 schedule. UT-Chattanooga is a member of the Football Championship Subdivision, formerly NCAA I-AA. They will play OU on Aug. 30.

BillyBall
1/15/2008, 10:35 PM
fixed that for you.

Oh its gonna suck to go to Columbus. Ive been around tOSU fans once, this year at the Big House. Those fans are vile humans, really doubt I make that trip...

NDN_Soonerfan
1/16/2008, 12:25 PM
Now we need to see if we can schedule to play Florida or Georgia.

TexasLidig8r
1/16/2008, 12:41 PM
Get ready for having beer bottles thrown at you... and couches and dumpsters being burned and being called every vile name on the face of the earth...

They make you guys look like refined urbanites.

Ah... the plethora of jorts and football jerseys with a string of buckeyes around their necks.... what a treat you have in store.

Of course.. Swing State Aggy NEVER loses at night at the Shoe... well.. hardly ever. :D

SteelClip49
1/16/2008, 02:11 PM
Ohio State fans can't be as bad as LSU fans. Besides, I can't wait to make that trip to The Shoe and even though I am not a Buckeye, I would so jump into Mirror Lake like tOSU students do. Oh, and I hope our band stays home too; no way in hell can The Pride measure up to TBDBITL and the dotting of the "i."

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/16/2008, 02:43 PM
*Yawns* Hopefully by then the spread offense will be out and the triple option back in.

BigRedJed
1/16/2008, 03:11 PM
These SOS OOC games look good on paper when they're scheduled, but who knows what either team will be doing in '16 and '17. Just like Miami this year, or a few of the other "elite" programs we've played in the past few years. I wouldn't say that Notre Dame in '12 and '13 looks that promising at this point. Great names, and ZERO help with the SOS. Of course, it could be OU doing it to them at that point, who knows?

I just wish these marquee game arrangements didn't have to come together 10 years in advance.

MichiganSooner
1/16/2008, 03:19 PM
I hate Buckeyes; always have. I lived in Columbus almost 3 years. Their fans are very vile and rabid, as in rabies. Burn down buildings and break windows to celebrate a win over Meechigan. No telling what they'll do when we kick their butts.

76soonergrad
1/16/2008, 07:03 PM
I hate Buckeyes; always have. I lived in Columbus almost 3 years. Their fans are very vile and rabid, as in rabies. Burn down buildings and break windows to celebrate a win over Meechigan. No telling what they'll do when we kick their butts.

Lived south of Columbus since 1998. It is their religion. Not only do they burn couches, (I mean if they win a big one) they also riot. Police have had to gear up in anticipation of Michigan games.

In recent years, the college president had to apoligize to the city of Columbus for the behavior of fans. It isn't only students, either.

I got pranked at work following our loss to WV. I work in a hospital pharmacy. I like most of the people I work with. It's a couple of pharmicists. I hadn't done anything after the bayou beatdown. It's a lose-lose...Since I do like co-workers, and am in the minority, a comeback prank was hard to come up with.

Any suggestions?

SOONER STEAKER
1/16/2008, 07:54 PM
Great memories

Uve Von Shauman leads the crowd in "Block that Kick" "Block that Kick" "Block that Kick"

John Brooks says, "HE HIT"

Sooners celebrate inside the Horseshoe

The VIIIth
1/16/2008, 08:08 PM
Is it a Bowl game?

I ran into the fellow that I road tripped to Columbus with in 1977 this past weekend in a small town in SE Kansas...I had to remind his children that their Dad turned his back to the field because he didn't want to jinx the FG by Von Schmann. He missed Uwe leading the chant of Block that kick, stood backwards looking towards the heavens through the freeze time out that Woody called. The silence was deafening when the ball sailed through.

Good times.

sooner-n-ga
1/16/2008, 09:21 PM
Who'll be coaching the team then ?

Crucifax Autumn
1/17/2008, 12:50 AM
These SOS OOC games look good on paper when they're scheduled, but who knows what either team will be doing in '16 and '17. Just like Miami this year, or a few of the other "elite" programs we've played in the past few years. I wouldn't say that Notre Dame in '12 and '13 looks that promising at this point. Great names, and ZERO help with the SOS. Of course, it could be OU doing it to them at that point, who knows?

By that reasoning we should schedule OOC games with every team that's always sucked! Maybe we'll catch them the year after their surprise National Championship!

birddog
1/17/2008, 04:27 AM
somebody please resurrect this thread in 8 years.

birddog
1/17/2008, 04:28 AM
Who'll be coaching the team then ?

the one and only roy williams.

BigRedJed
1/17/2008, 01:27 PM
By that reasoning we should schedule OOC games with every team that's always sucked! Maybe we'll catch them the year after their surprise National Championship!
Hey, I didn't say that OU shouldn't be doing it, only that the SOS help they've hoped to get has sortof been underwhelming in recent years.

There's not much of an alternative. I was only saying it's too bad they have to be scheduled that far in advance, when you have no idea what the condition of either program will be.

LSUdeek
1/17/2008, 11:55 PM
Don't forget about LSU in 2018/19. :D

goingoneight
1/18/2008, 12:02 AM
I'll have to have someone check me out of my retirement home so we can go watch it. Word has it they don't like showing a bunch of old fogies football games... bad on the heart.