PDA

View Full Version : East/West Shrine Updates...

Collier11
1/15/2008, 04:05 PM
...Got these from NFL Draft Scout, specifically in their player newswire page.

01/15/08 - J.J. Finley, rSr, Oklahoma, 6-6, 258 (DS#13 TE)
East-West Shrine Monday Practice: Had one of the better practices of the day. Ran some outstanding routes today, chopping his legs and getting out quicker than expected. Also had a couple of excellent catches with arms extended. One came with DB Derrick Doggett draped on him (legally) and with the sideline coming into play. On another, he left DB David Roach in his dust, faking inside and heading outside to make the grab.

01/15/08 - Allen Patrick, Sr, Oklahoma, 6-1, 195 (DS#14 RB)
East-West Shrine Monday Practice: No one in the country runs harder than Patrick, even in practice. You can hear him from the sideline giving the effort as he churns his legs. Since the teams weren't in pads, defenders were just to grab and let go…but I don't think it would have mattered if the pads were on. He was going to get every yard, anyway.

01/15/08 - Marcus Walker, rSr, Oklahoma, 5-11, 198 (DS#23 CB)
East-West Shrine Monday Practice: Rough day for Walker. Must have dropped four or five interceptions in drills when it was just him and the ball. During 11-on-11, he slipped trying to plant and gave up a big play. He is one of the more fluid corners coming out of the break, however, and can drive hard to the ball.

Collier11
1/15/2008, 04:07 PM
also, I have heard some comparisons between Ryan Grant and AP, if that is coming from Scouts then that has to bode well for him I would think?

Boomer.....
1/15/2008, 04:25 PM
Good for AP and JJ!

effay
1/15/2008, 07:32 PM
also, I have heard some comparisons between Ryan Grant and AP, if that is coming from Scouts then that has to bode well for him I would think?

So basically, by comparing him to Ryan Grant the scouts are saying that he's good but he's going to go undrafted.

tommie15
1/15/2008, 07:51 PM
Anything on Zach Bowman Collier? Hope he kids a shot after the way Callahan screwed him.

sooner n houston
1/15/2008, 07:53 PM
Anything on Zach Bowman Collier? Hope he kids a shot after the way Callahan screwed him.

Can you say that in english??? :D

Collier11
1/15/2008, 08:14 PM
So basically, by comparing him to Ryan Grant the scouts are saying that he's good but he's going to go undrafted.

do yu always have to say idiotic things just for attention? If you would think for a second before speaking they are saying the same kind of running style and that he will have the oppurtunity to make a team and probably surprise you with how successful he will be

Collier11
1/15/2008, 08:15 PM

I havent heard bro, that was Espn insider info that a guy posted on another board and I just swiped it :D If I see anything on him I will swipe it too

tommie15
1/15/2008, 08:24 PM
Can you say that in english??? :D

that was bad wasn't it :O

but you're still a smartass :mad: ;)

sooner n houston
1/15/2008, 08:32 PM
that was bad wasn't it :O

but you're still a smartass :mad: ;)

So I've been told! spek

Collier11
1/15/2008, 08:35 PM
Funny note, in these All-star games the players often trade decals to put on their helmets but Allen Patrick has completely covered his helmet in OU stickers only! Thatta boy AP!

Here is a video of Bowman I found
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/video.asp?section=fbrecruit&vidtype=amp&vidid=2923

Here is a message board that gives practice updates
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/forum.asp?fid=2150

Hartley drilling 55 yarders in the rain apparently!!

Collier11
1/15/2008, 08:36 PM
FYI, Bowman and all the OU guys are on the West Squad

tommie15
1/15/2008, 08:44 PM
From Rivals

From Tuesday:

On a humorous note, Oklahoma's Allen Patrick is really representing the Sooners. You'll recall how in these all star games, players often trade helmet decals with each other and several players end up playing in the game with several different school logos on their helmets. Patrick has just covered his helmet in OU logos.

They are going through 1-on-1 passing drills right now. Keller just smoked Zach Bowman on a hitch-and-go route to Todd Blythe. Bowman lost his footing when he bit on the hitch. After the pass, Keller was giving some friend trash talk to his former Nebraska teammate. Blythe has also caught an out pattern against Bowman's coverage.

Other than the throws to Blythe, Keller has struggled with his accuracy on shorter routes. He clearly has the arm strength, but his accuracy is not very impressive so far today. The wet weather may be a contributing factor toward some of these errant throws.

Joe Jon Finley is staking his claim to being the best tight end on either roster. He has shown soft hands, good awareness, and is very good on the sideline.

Allen Patrick is looking good catching passes out of the backfield. One catch came on a ball that he tipped in the air to himself, so he is showing good hands.

From Monday:

Dwight Lowery (San Jose State), Anthony Aldridge (Houston), Allen Patrick (Oklahoma), Kevin Robinson (Utah State) and Zach Bowman (Nebraska) are getting early reps as punt returners.

Todd Blythe (Iowa State) has one of the best catches of the day so far. He made a stretched out catch of a ball thrown by Sam Keller that was a little bit off target.

Zach Bowman and Marcus Walker have been the two most impressive DBs so far. Bowman looks fully recovered from his prior knee injury. He is showing good burst and change of direction. All the DBs have looked good attacking the ball in drill work, with the exception of Dwight Lowery (San Jose State). He hasn't shown the same aggression as the other DBs in going after the ball.

Biggest standouts of the day were Zach Bowman on the defensive side of the ball and Allen Patrick on the offensive side, although several other offensive players merit mention, including Jason Rivers.

85sooners
1/15/2008, 08:52 PM
:pop:

Rhino
1/15/2008, 10:04 PM
AOC!!

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8057/592692pk2.jpg

sooneron
1/15/2008, 10:10 PM
AOC!!

TEH WIN!

I may be pulling for AP more than any of the other guys heading out this year.

effay
1/16/2008, 03:14 AM
do yu always have to say idiotic things just for attention? If you would think for a second before speaking they are saying the same kind of running style and that he will have the oppurtunity to make a team and probably surprise you with how successful he will be

I thought the sarcasm was quite obvious - my post was a knock against scouts. Think about it for a second before posting.

Shneeg11
1/16/2008, 05:13 AM
AOC!!

Easily my favorite picture ever

Boomer.....
1/16/2008, 08:27 AM
Great pic of AP! It also really seems like JJ is standing out.

primetime43
1/16/2008, 09:04 AM
Best of Luck AP! If only everyone on the team had your heart and will! You'll be missed on Saturday's.

Collier11
1/16/2008, 01:29 PM
I thought the sarcasm was quite obvious - my post was a knock against scouts. Think about it for a second before posting.

I see where you were attempting to come from, but it had nothing to do with the point of my post