PDA

View Full Version : Norm Chow FIRED

BIG_IKE
1/15/2008, 02:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3197683

This could get interesting....

In other news Applewhite appears headed back to Tejas..

BillyBall
1/15/2008, 02:30 PM
Does he want to be a receivers coach maybe? I kid.. I kid..

Grimey
1/15/2008, 02:31 PM
Ciao Chow

Jacie
1/15/2008, 02:44 PM
The mere thought of Major Applewhite returning to saxet as a coach sets their fans to salivating like rabid weasels. If he does return, there will be a huge outcry to have him replace current whorn OC, Greg Davis, next season and maybe Mack himself in one or two more years (assuming Applewhite does a decent job as OC). I realize how inconceivable it is that they would hand the head coaching job over to someone (else) who had not held the position and proven they were competent doing so but Major is a special case. Then again, so was McWilliams, who is the closest person we can draw a from for a comparison, and we know what happened to him.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/15/2008, 03:53 PM
The mere thought of Major Applewhite returning to saxet as a coach sets their fans to salivating like rabid weasels. If he does return, there will be a huge outcry to have him replace current whorn OC, Greg Davis, next season and maybe Mack himself in one or two more years (assuming Applewhite does a decent job as OC). I realize how inconceivable it is that they would hand the head coaching job over to someone (else) who had not held the position and proven they were competent doing so but Major is a special case. Then again, so was McWilliams, who is the closest person we can draw a from for a comparison, and we know what happened to him.

Maybe he can alternate calling offensive series with Chris Simms?

Frozen Sooner
1/15/2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah, the fact that you have a wideout playing QB has nothing to do with your offense sucking monkey balls. It's Norm Chow's fault.

BIG_IKE
1/15/2008, 04:19 PM
Watching the Titans it seems as if Vinc Young is not playing comfortable. Almost like he is not "allowed" to do alot of things. The truth will come out this season though. There were several times when he should have ran last week and for some strange reason he didn't. It's almost as if they are not taking advantage of his strong points and trying to make him something that he is not. A pocket passer. Don't know if it was Young's fault or Chows fault, but Vince not being a threat to run makes him an average QB. Sometimes below average. That added threat to run Realllllly helped him be dangerous because secondary's would not full heartedly cover his receivers like they would most because they were more concened with him.

People seem to think Chow is headed to UCLA to be OC or to Hawaii to be HC.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/15/2008, 04:32 PM
I could see Applewhite as co-ordinator for say Vince Young.

VY "Play artist Tiffany"

VY "Play artist Michael Bolton"

Applewhite "Play artist Korn...."

sooner94
1/15/2008, 04:43 PM
Watching the Titans it seems as if Vinc Young is not playing comfortable. Almost like he is not "allowed" to do alot of things. The truth will come out this season though. There were several times when he should have ran last week and for some strange reason he didn't. It's almost as if they are not taking advantage of his strong points and trying to make him something that he is not. A pocket passer. Don't know if it was Young's fault or Chows fault, but Vince not being a threat to run makes him an average QB. Sometimes below average. That added threat to run Realllllly helped him be dangerous because secondary's would not full heartedly cover his receivers like they would most because they were more concened with him.

I did not watch a Titans game all year until their play-off game, so I can't speak to the Titans offense during the regular season.

The reason VY did not run very much against SD was because of a badly brusied thigh. He did not practice most of the weak before the game, and going into the game it was believed his running ability would be affected.

MextheBulldog
1/15/2008, 05:11 PM
Once again, a successful college coach cannot make it happen in the NFL. He would be a great addition to the OU staff, but there is prob not enough room for him.

Ash
1/15/2008, 05:18 PM
He's probably happy to go. One of the best offensive minds, that cranks out explosive offenses, and he was saddled with Fumbles in the pros. Where Fumbles can't simply outrun everybody and DBs salivate thinking about the wounded ducks he lofts out there.

Egeo
1/15/2008, 05:20 PM
Once again, a successful college coach cannot make it happen in the NFL. He would be a great addition to the OU staff, but there is prob not enough room for him.
i dont think production is why he was fired
i think they were 10th in yards on offense

and to be honest, the titans are not a very talented team

Jimminy Crimson
1/15/2008, 05:51 PM
Chow to Hawaii.

(If they haven't hired a coach yet.)

AllAboutThe'O'
1/15/2008, 06:07 PM
Chow to Hawaii.

(If they haven't hired a coach yet.)
There's talk of Hawaii promoting the defensive coordinator as its new HC. But Chow would be a perfect fit there as OC.

sooneron
1/15/2008, 06:13 PM
I can't believe that it took this long. I thought he would have quit after year 1 with Radio. That was a horrible fit from the start. He'll either be a college HC or an OC at a pro team that suits him. Didn't Martz just get fired? With a good pro-style qb and that receiving corps in Detroit, he could work wonders.

Radio in his system = square peg from the jump. He never had the acumen for it.

soonerinabilene
1/15/2008, 06:39 PM

While not to that extent, a lot of OU fans feel the same way about Josh.

MamaMia
1/15/2008, 07:14 PM
I want him. :)

Dan Thompson
1/15/2008, 08:25 PM
UCLA can only offer between $300,000 and $400,000 for an OC. Maybe that will change now.

Lott's Bandana
1/15/2008, 08:55 PM
Is Al Davis paying attention?

swardboy
1/15/2008, 10:50 PM
I want him. :)

:eek: Mama Mia!!!!

:D

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2008, 11:31 PM
i dont think production is why he was fired
i think they were 10th in yards on offense

and to be honest, the titans are not a very talented team
If he finished 10th in offense with VY as his QB, he should have gotten a raise

MamaMia
1/16/2008, 03:42 AM
:eek: Mama Mia!!!!\

:DI mean I think it would be nice to make a place for him on our team. :D

tulsaoilerfan
1/16/2008, 09:52 AM
According to ESPN last night they were actually 21st in total offense; VY threw only 9 TD passes

OUmillenium
1/16/2008, 11:48 AM
Watching the Titans it seems as if Vinc Young is not playing comfortable. Almost like he is not "allowed" to do alot of things. The truth will come out this season though. There were several times when he should have ran last week and for some strange reason he didn't. It's almost as if they are not taking advantage of his strong points and trying to make him something that he is not. A pocket passer. Don't know if it was Young's fault or Chows fault, but Vince not being a threat to run makes him an terrible QB. Sometimes below average. That added threat to run Realllllly helped him be dangerous because secondary's would not full heartedly cover his receivers like they would most because they were more concened with him.

fixed...you whorn dbag

SteelClip49
1/16/2008, 02:22 PM
Chow= 3 national titles as an assistant
He could help here...I wouldn't think Castiglione would overlook him.

Egeo
1/16/2008, 07:33 PM
According to ESPN last night they were actually 21st in total offense; VY threw only 9 TD passes
my bad, i thought id had read 10th on some forum
but your right - 21st

they were 10th in the AFC in total yards
i think they were 5th in the league in rush yards per game

bri
1/16/2008, 07:41 PM
Chow isn't gonna split OC duties with anyone, so we're out.

The VIIIth
1/16/2008, 08:34 PM
If he finished 10th in offense with VY as his QB, he should have gotten a raise

I'd like to see him as a HC, perhaps at Hawaii.

hack
1/17/2008, 01:42 AM
rumor has it that he may be going to UCLA (http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/ucla/la-sp-chow16jan16,1,5804183.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-coll-ucla).

rick neuheisel would be an idiot to pass-up a mind like norm chow. of course, rick neuheisel *IS* an idiot and may do just that.

ah well, make for fine off-season drama.

tulsaoilerfan
1/17/2008, 02:06 AM
Doesn't matter how good a coordinator he is, if they don't have the players, it won't work

Animal Mother
1/17/2008, 01:58 PM
Is Al Davis paying attention?

As a Raider fan from all the way back to Wells and Lamonica I hope so but doubt it. Al is in a gaseous state and makes no more solid moves roster wise.

StoopTroup
1/17/2008, 07:07 PM
Chow should have used more trojans.

bmrsnou
1/17/2008, 09:17 PM
Hire Norm!!!! He would be a great get for us. KW is OK, but Norm has been a proven commodity at the college level for many years at BYU and suc. Also, from what I've read on some other boards (sorry!) some offensive players are unhappy with KW. I'm not picking on Wilson, I just think that Norm would be awesome to have on our staff. He might not have done great in the NFL, but it is a different animal from college. Just my opinion.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/17/2008, 11:20 PM
Hire Norm!!!! He would be a great get for us. KW is OK, but Norm has been a proven commodity at the college level for many years at BYU and suc. Also, from what I've read on some other boards (sorry!) some offensive players are unhappy with KW. I'm not picking on Wilson, I just think that Norm would be awesome to have on our staff. He might not have done great in the NFL, but it is a different animal from college. Just my opinion.I would like to see it, too. But, I can't imagine Bob canning KW, or anybody, for that matter.