PDA

View Full Version : Hollis Price December Game Recap

kelloggOUballa
1/15/2008, 12:22 PM
I found this article, he had three key buckets to give his team the victory. He scored 19 in the game. He leads his team in points (17.4), assists (4) and minutes played (33):

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/936890.html

Basketball / Maccabi wilts under pressure

By Haaretz Sports Staff

Maccabi Tel Aviv controlled most of last night's Euroleague game against Rytas Vilnius, but it faltered on both ends of the court late in the fourth period, suffering an 87-82 loss, its first defeat of the season at Yad Eliahu.

Chuck Eidson had a game-high 28 points for Rytas, but it was Hollis Price who burned Maccabi with two three-pointers in the final minute.

After Tel Aviv held a narrow 25-22 lead after the first quarter, and took an eight-point lead, Vilnius came back to take a one-point advantage (42-41) into halftime.

After both teams traded baskets and with the score tied 44-44, Maccabi went on an eight-point run. Alex Garcia's steal and layup was sandwiched between three-pointers by David Bluthenthal and Vonteego Cummings.

Rytas, quickly finding itself down 52-44 with about seven minutes left in the third period, took a time out and then clawed its way back, again. A Eidson three at 3:15 brought Rytas to within 56-54.

Marcus Fizer fought through a double-team to put Maccabi ahead 60-56 with 2:02 left in the period, but a Hollis Price three brought Vilnius to within one point (60-59).

Derrick Sharp missed from long range with 35 seconds left, and then Halperin hit two free-throw shots to give Maccabi a 64-61 lead and cap the scoring for the third quarter.

Five straight points gave Vilnius its first lead (66-64) since early in the third quarter.

As the teams traded baskets, Matt Nielsen tied the score at 71-71, but Bluthenthal, who finished with 14 points, hit a three to give Maccabi the lead again with five minutes left.

Maccabi still held a three-point lead with 3:20 left after Esteban Batista got the ball in the low post and scored.

However, a turnover by Cummings and subsequent fast break layup gave Vilnius a 79-78 lead with 2:30 left in the fourth period.

Another Batista basket gave Maccabi its final lead of the game. However, Cummings made a nice move in the paint, but the ball would not drop.

At the one minute mark, Bluthenthal missed a three-pointer, and with just 38 seconds left, Price's shot from beyond the arc gave the visitors an 84-80 advantage.

Bynum drove into the lane for a layup and narrowed the deficit to 84-82 with half-a-minute on the clock.

Price hit another three-pointer with six seconds left to seal the deal.

Fizer led Maccabi with 15 points, followed by Bluthenthal, who went 4-for-8 on three-point attempts, and Batista, who each had 14. Yotam Halperin and Cummings both had 10 points.

From another article, same game:

Marcus Fizer led Maccabi (6-3) scoring 15 points, with David Bluthenthal and Esteban Batista each adding 14 points. Chuck Eidson led Rytas with 28 points and Hollis Price added 19, including two decisive three-pointers in the last 38 seconds.

OKC-SLC
1/15/2008, 12:43 PM
I think the real question I have is why is Fizer not in the NBA? He seemed like a sure deal if I remember correctly.

MextheBulldog
1/15/2008, 01:04 PM
Fizer appeared in 289 career NBA games, making 35 starts and averaging 9.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg and 1.2 apg, shooting .435 from the floor and .691 from the free throw line.

OKC-SLC
1/15/2008, 01:31 PM
Fizer appeared in 289 career NBA games, making 35 starts and averaging 9.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg and 1.2 apg, shooting .435 from the floor and .691 from the free throw line.
superficially those numbers seem serviceable.

but what the hell do I know.

thanks for info.