PDA

View Full Version : An added benefit of the silly, pouty Hollywood Writers Strike

Okla-homey
1/15/2008, 10:42 AM
is the fact the media wonder that is AI will no doubt garner even greater viewship because there's nothing else on but re-runs.

Give in. Don't be a hater. Feel AI. It's the best thing on American TV.

Trust me.

Starts tonight on Fox. 1900CST.

sooneron
1/15/2008, 10:44 AM
I'm sorry, it's not the best thing on. period.

Newbomb Turk
1/15/2008, 12:24 PM
I can't wait. These early shows are the best ones.

boomersooner28
1/15/2008, 12:54 PM
I must say that I am an AI and BB junkie. Fine I said it! I am out of the closet. And this is coming from a sports buffoon that hates most reality TV.

soonerbrat
1/15/2008, 12:54 PM
i DVR'd it
I won't deny it. I love it.

KABOOKIE
1/15/2008, 01:17 PM
is the fact the media wonder that is AI will no doubt garner even greater viewship because there's nothing else on but re-runs.

Give in. Don't be a hater. Feel AI. It's the best thing on American TV.

Trust me.

Starts tonight on Fox. 1900CST.

You're fooling yourself if'in you don't think there's writers for them reality shows. Where's my Starbucks?

:D

KC//CRIMSON
1/15/2008, 01:55 PM
Katharine McPhee of American Idol season five has been dropped by RCA. A rep for the record label confirmed the news today. Coincidentally, season five winner Taylor Hicks was also dropped from his label two days ago, according to Us Magazine:

“I think the industry has seen that unless these artists can churn out strong enough original material, they don’t really have that much traction once we don’t see them on television week after week singing songs we already know and love,” Rollingstone.com editor Caryn Ganz tells Usmagazine.com."

Wow, this news proves a theory I’ve been kicking around for quite some time: I really can care less about American Idol. Seriously, sometimes I wish a plane would crash into the stage while they’re filming the show. Or even better; a private jet carrying Nickelback, Hinder and let’s say Chris Daughtry is the pilot. Also, during the nose dive, part of the fuselage breaks off and lands on John Mayer’s face. Hopefully God reads this post and realizes he forgot to get me a Christmas present.-SF:D :D :D

Blue
1/15/2008, 02:11 PM
Anybody see Ricky Gervais rail on AI and Big Brother on the series finale of Extras on HBO. Good stuff and i agree with him.

It says alot about where we are as a society when we parade these folks in front of everyone to be ridiculed for our amusement. Yeah they do it voluntarily, but still.

Okla-homey
1/15/2008, 03:59 PM
It says alot about where we are as a society when we parade these folks in front of everyone to be ridiculed for our amusement. Yeah they do it voluntarily, but still.

Jerry Springer invented it. IMHO.;)

TheHumanAlphabet
1/15/2008, 04:00 PM
I have NEVER watched AI. Perhaps I'll tune in tonight to see the really bad ones...

Scott D
1/15/2008, 04:11 PM
The only thing worse than AI that has been introduced lately has got to be that ridiculous Terminator TV show.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/15/2008, 04:23 PM
Whats wrong with the Sarry Conner Files, I TIVOed it, not worth watching?

KABOOKIE
1/15/2008, 04:31 PM
Wow, this news proves a theory I’ve been kicking around for quite some time: I really can care less about American Idol.

So you're saying you do care? :confused:

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2008, 04:35 PM
AI sucks, period; i'm glad to see so many of the previous seasons no talent contestants struggling to find an audience, but i can't figure out why people are so enamored with Daughtry's music; he SUCKS

royalfan5
1/15/2008, 04:43 PM
AI sucks, period; i'm glad to see so many of the previous seasons no talent contestants struggling to find an audience, but i can't figure out why people are so enamored with Daughtry's music; he SUCKS
If you want to be a Nickleback fan some day you have to start somewhere, and Daughtry fills that need. He's the Ford to Nickleback's Lincoln. (3 Doors Down is Mercury if you were wondering)

KC//CRIMSON
1/15/2008, 07:59 PM
The only thing worse than AI that has been introduced lately has got to be that ridiculous Terminator TV show.

Come on, admit it. You thought the "good" terminator was hot, didn't you?:D

yermom
1/15/2008, 08:13 PM
she's much hotter now than as River :D

i'd rather watch AD, Futurama or Simpsons reruns than watch AI

ooh, or Firefly

Scott D
1/16/2008, 04:08 PM
Come on, admit it. You thought the "good" terminator was hot, didn't you?:D

thankfully I had to work during the premier episode. I was however bummed out that I couldn't get home from work fast enough for the Family Guy episode that followed it.

From the commercials she appears to have 'bug' eyes...it wasn't pretty on Rose McGowan either.

StoopTroup
1/16/2008, 08:16 PM
Mythbusters and How it's made are on my agenda for tonight.

You can watch AI on the web without spending so much time.

Highlights are awesome...it's like Sports Center for AI.

FirstandGoal
1/16/2008, 10:57 PM
Never watched it, never plan on watching it.

LosAngelesSooner
1/16/2008, 11:02 PM
There is NOTHING "silly" or "pouty" about this strike.

Uncool.

Harry Beanbag
1/16/2008, 11:15 PM
You mean other than you?

Okla-homey
1/16/2008, 11:30 PM
There is NOTHING "silly" or "pouty" about this strike.

Uncool.

oh puhleeze.

They should just go back to work and their silly writing stuff. Or not. Here's what they don't "get." Nobody really cares if they go back to work or not. Life goes on, and there's still a bunch of crap to watch on the boob tube.
I haven't met a single soul out here in flyover country who has even a smidge of sympathy for them.

Perhaps after a few more months of this they'll figure out they're not all that like they think they are. If they're having trouble paying the bills on strike pay, the power to end the strike is completely in their hands. These aren't Appalachian coal miners, migrant fruit pickers or some oppressed group we're talking about here. These are already overpaid cry-babies who are faced with the abject horror of the repo man taking back their 5 series BMW because of their goofy tantrum for crying out loud.

soonerbrat
1/16/2008, 11:37 PM
the writers' strike is affecting the "little people" like catering businesses, extras, production crew members and restaurants more than anyone, I think...

Okla-homey
1/16/2008, 11:41 PM
the writers' strike is affecting the "little people" like catering businesses, extras, production crew members and restaurants more than anyone, I think...

another reason the selfish and spoiled writers should resume writing.

soonerbrat
1/16/2008, 11:45 PM
yah...i think there are something like a million people out of work right now in LA because of them

LosAngelesSooner
1/17/2008, 03:37 AM
oh puhleeze.

They should just go back to work and their silly writing stuff. Or not. Here's what they don't "get." Nobody really cares if they go back to work or not. Life goes on, and there's still a bunch of crap to watch on the boob tube.
I haven't met a single soul out here in flyover country who has even a smidge of sympathy for them.

Perhaps after a few more months of this they'll figure out they're not all that like they think they are. If they're having trouble paying the bills on strike pay, the power to end the strike is completely in their hands. These aren't Appalachian coal miners, migrant fruit pickers or some oppressed group we're talking about here. These are already overpaid cry-babies who are faced with the abject horror of the repo man taking back their 5 series BMW because of their goofy tantrum for crying out loud.
Boy...with one idiotic and ill informed statement after another you just showed how little you actually know about the strike, the writers, their families or the issues at hand.

Vaevictis
1/17/2008, 04:24 AM
Nobody really cares if they go back to work or not. Life goes on, and there's still a bunch of crap to watch on the boob tube.

I'm betting that, for the time being, the studios care.

Personally, I'm always glad to see the "content producers" get a kick in the nuts. This includes both the writers and the studios (and songwriters and labels, and software houses).

These turds are responsible for the blights on society that are the RIAA, MPAA, and BSA, the de facto perpetual copyright laws that are coming down the pipe and a constant attempt to co-opt what is a social contract for society's benefit into their own personal goldmine.

Ike
1/17/2008, 06:16 AM
The real added benefit of the writers strike is that it is finally giving me a reason to turn off the TV and read some books....and if AI is the best thing on TV, thats even more of a reason to read.

That, or do more work during the evening.

olevetonahill
1/17/2008, 06:32 AM
Alls I can say is IF ? I gots to use
A1 On a steak Im sending it back .

KABOOKIE
1/17/2008, 09:34 AM
Boy...with one idiotic and ill informed statement after another you just showed how little you actually know about the strike, the writers, their families or the issues at hand.

OK, to go along with Homey here just what other industry could go on strike and the average stiff could GAF less than the writer's union?

Mmmmmmm. Trying really hard to think here......

The United Clown Society union?

I'm really struggling here.

1stTimeCaller
1/17/2008, 09:44 AM
with all of the money they have lost, if they get their way how long will it take the writers to get back to even money?

It's like going on strike for 6 months over a $.05/hr increase.

GottaHavePride
1/17/2008, 10:21 AM
Heh.

Most writers don't get paid nearly as much as you guys seem to think they do.

And the issue here is a big one. Writers get paid royalties when stuff they write is used to make a profit by the studios/networks/etc. The studios and networks are starting to put this stuff online and claiming that they don't have to pay the writers **** for it becuase it's not covered in the current contracts.

And you guys may not have noticed it, but online streaming media is growing incredibly quickly right now, and the studios/networks are starting to make a TON of money off that stuff. the writers are trying to protect their intellectual property.

It's not so much like fighting over a 5-cent per hour wages hike as it is like, well, let me put it this way. Suppose you're the guy that invented the recipe for Coca-Cola. And a corporation buys the recipe and says "oh sure, you get a share of the profits." and then they say "wait, we never said you get the profits if it's sold outside the US. That's not in your contract. You don't get **** for that."

proud gonzo
1/17/2008, 10:27 AM
oh puhleeze.

how much do you guys think writers actually get paid? They don't make money like actors and producers do.

sooneron
1/17/2008, 10:35 AM
Asking for 2.5% was ridiculous on the writer's part.

usmc-sooner
1/17/2008, 10:43 AM

Seriously, do you post in any thread where you don't claim someone is an idiot or doesn't know anything?

I'm sure you do, but you don't show much restraint.

Most people aint in tune with the writers.

proud gonzo
1/17/2008, 10:54 AM
I'm with LAS on this one.

usmc-sooner
1/17/2008, 11:01 AM
I'm with LAS on this one.

what about Sam Spade, and Enrico? I hear they are in a sandwich line now. :D

and that's cool but the simple fact is (whether the writers are right or wrong, Personally I don't give a crap either way) they aren't working because they choose not to be working and I think a lot of people aren't going to get to riled up with their sob stories.

Viking Kitten
1/17/2008, 11:02 AM
Yup. Put this flyover state gal in with the writer's camp too. Writers get dicked in Hollywood.

And I hate AI. If I wanna watch karaoke, I'm at least gonna go somewhere where I can drink beer and occasionally get my own shot at butchering a song or two.

soonerbrat
1/17/2008, 11:06 AM
speaking of...when are we going?

1stTimeCaller
1/17/2008, 11:12 AM
how much do you guys think writers actually get paid? They don't make money like actors and producers do.

How much do they make?

frankensooner
1/17/2008, 11:14 AM
How much do they make? Less than Oilfield Trash, thats for sure! Especially when you add in cost of living! :D

usmc-sooner
1/17/2008, 11:14 AM
Writers get dicked in Hollywood.

NTTAWT:D

Must resist desire to making a crude LAS joke

sooneron
1/17/2008, 11:26 AM
I have a LOT of friends that are out of work because of this strike. That said, I don't hate the writers, they are on strike because it was their contract that came up for renewal first. SAG would have gone on strike if they were in the same spot. Well, maybe, I think SAG has better leadership than the WGA. My guild decided to jump into some talks prematurely before the contract expired. Of course, my union is considered closer to the suits than the writers or actors. Of course, I am not affected by royalties, so it makes little difference. I bust *** on a show or whatever and move onto the next one. No one sends me checks after the fact or when I'm not working.

LosAngelesSooner
1/17/2008, 02:49 PM
Actually the WGA, SAG and the DGA got into talks early in an effort to pre-empt the strike, but it didn't work out because the PRODUCERS aren't budging on ANY issue! They're being A$$Holes. The leaders of SAG and the DGA both know that the writers are actually striking for THEM as well, because whatever deal we get out of this is going to be the model for what THEY get as well. That's why all the unions out there are backing up the WGA.

And the average writer makes a middle to lover middle class income.

Oh, and VK...you'll get royalties as soon as you get a guest star (or better)on a network show/sitcom or a national commercial. And I'm sure that'll happen soon. Just make sure your agent starts negotiating for residuals instead of buy out clauses.

Heh...seems like there ARE some people in "flyover country" who support us mean nasty old writers. :)

C&CDean
1/17/2008, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty neutral on this one. If the average writing joe only makes lower MC to MC wages, I guess I don't really understand people who'd consider writing TV shows for a living.

In my narrow world, a "writer" writes books. And this writers strike isn't stopping any of the book writers from making their brazilians.

I really do respect creative people, and sometimes envy their abilities to come up with new **** in a world where everything has been said and done at least once. However, they're writing for chrissakes. They are providing material so others can use it to entertain us. It's not like they're providing a service that we can't live without. They don't carry us from point A to point B like transportations folks do, they don't provide food, they don't provide building materials, they don't provide anything a human actually needs.

Therefore, they're not going to get a lot of sympathy from the average folks.

Scott D
1/17/2008, 04:00 PM
most book writers don't make a crapton of money either.

Okla-homey
1/17/2008, 04:09 PM
I'm pretty neutral on this one. If the average writing joe only makes lower MC to MC wages, I guess I don't really understand people who'd consider writing TV shows for a living.

In my narrow world, a "writer" writes books. And this writers strike isn't stopping any of the book writers from making their brazilians.

I really do respect creative people, and sometimes envy their abilities to come up with new **** in a world where everything has been said and done at least once. However, they're writing for chrissakes. They are providing material so others can use it to entertain us. It's not like they're providing a service that we can't live without. They don't carry us from point A to point B like transportations folks do, they don't provide food, they don't provide building materials, they don't provide anything a human actually needs.

Most people who can't make a living from their chosen vocation have something in common. To wit, too many people in that vocation. It's a basic supply v. demand problem that usually results in depressed wages. Perhaps if the strike ends up "culling" some people, that will be good for the ones who stick with it.

That said, another thing people in overmanned vocations often do, is take another job to augment the paltry salary in their day gig. I guess these folks are above that sort of thing. whatever.

yermom
1/17/2008, 04:14 PM
maybe i missed it, but the point of the strike isn't to garner sympathy, but to hit the studios, etc.. in the pocket book. they can't do business without the writers

it's not like they are just after a raise, they are after their share of new media types that they are getting shut out of. it's very possible business models could shift in the near future and leave the writers out of a lot of income

frankensooner
1/17/2008, 04:18 PM
Homey a lot of the comedy writers are also comedians and are taking gigs on the road now to make ends meet. I have no idear what the other writers are doing.

Pricetag
1/17/2008, 04:19 PM
Most people who can't make a living from their chosen vocation have something in common. To wit, too many people in that vocation. It's a basic supply v. demand problem that usually results in depressed wages. Perhaps if the strike ends up "culling" some people, that will be good for the ones who stick with it.

That said, another thing people in overmanned vocations often do, is take another job to augment the paltry salary in their day gig. I guess these folks are above that sort of thing. whatever.
You honestly think there's no chance that the folks up top wouldn't try to screw the folks on bottom if they thought they could get away with it?

proud gonzo
1/17/2008, 04:20 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out what writers did to offend Homey and make him so danged cranky.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/17/2008, 04:20 PM

I think to help out LAS, what we have here is a failure to communicate.

I would be hard pressed to believe that the writers ONLY get middle income salary (not to say that isn't true). With the largess in Hollywood and the extravagance shown, the tendency for people to think many or most people in the business are well paid is understandable. Writers have not done a good job of getting the word out. But being a technical issue in a contract, it is not as easy to educate non-writers and non-interested people. A lot more sexy to strike for safety in the workplace or for a higher wage, not so sexy to strike on a technical issue (even one that has bottom line issues for writers).

I tell you what, before this, I had no clue the extent to or the number of people were writers in Hollywood.

LAS, are you on strike? You're doing graphic work aren't you?

Harry Beanbag
1/17/2008, 04:37 PM
So if this strike continues long enough will they eventually run out of movies to release to theaters or is this just television?

royalfan5
1/17/2008, 04:39 PM
So if this strike continues long enough will they eventually run out of movies to release to theaters or is this just television?
Yes, unless more side deals are struck. Tom Cruise's production company struck a side deal, so he can crank out as many movies as he wants.

frankensooner
1/17/2008, 04:40 PM
Movies too! They are saying next year's movie crop might not be so hot. (see the above post - Battlefield Earth II revenge of the Thetans.) ;)

soonerscuba
1/17/2008, 04:41 PM
The writer's strike has taught me that some people will take the side of management no matter what. I guess authors should get nothing from Kindle sales, either.

C&CDean
1/17/2008, 04:45 PM
Movies too! They are saying next year's movie crop might not be so hot. (see the above post - Battlefield Earth II revenge of the Thetans.) ;)

Well if they **** with the release of the Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows there's gonna be hell to pay.

Pricetag
1/17/2008, 04:48 PM
Nah, they can keep rehashing old '70s and '80s TV series and stuff. When we see the movie version of "Automan" coming out, we'll know there's real trouble.

royalfan5
1/17/2008, 04:51 PM
Nah, they can keep rehashing old '70s and '80s TV series and stuff. When we see the movie version of "Automan" coming out, we'll know there's real trouble.
or we will get reality movies.

LosAngelesSooner
1/17/2008, 08:57 PM
I'm pretty neutral on this one. If the average writing joe only makes lower MC to MC wages, I guess I don't really understand people who'd consider writing TV shows for a living. Artistic people do it because they love it...because they can't possibly consider doing some other type of job instead of what they love. It's in their blood. I totally understand that this is hard for "non-artistic" types to get, or sympathise with, but this explains why so many people starve for their art. It's not because they are deluded by dreams of fame (though that certainly DOES exist) but rather because there really is no other choice in their heart and mind.

In my narrow world, a "writer" writes books. And this writers strike isn't stopping any of the book writers from making their brazilians. Novelists don't make bazillions. For every Stephen King and JK Rowling there are LITERALLY a hundred thousand novelists who get by on lower to middle class incomes. And writers write everything from books to magazines to cereal boxes to commercials to radio ads to reality shows to sitcoms to movies. They are responsible for more content and material than most people would ever imagine.

I really do respect creative people, and sometimes envy their abilities to come up with new **** in a world where everything has been said and done at least once. However, they're writing for chrissakes. They are providing material so others can use it to entertain us. It's not like they're providing a service that we can't live without. They don't carry us from point A to point B like transportations folks do, they don't provide food, they don't provide building materials, they don't provide anything a human actually needs. The next time you're staring blankly and angrily at some incoherent technical manual or assembly instructions and then proceed to smash crap with a hammer because the idiot writer couldn't string six words together that made any sense to you...you'll start to appreciate just how vital good writers are to your every day life. Those medical books that teach doctors? Written by writers. Those amazing tv shows that you look forward to on your night off? Written by writers. That movie that inspired you? That self help book that changed your life/relationship? That piece of investigative reporting that exposed an injustice being done to poor people in a local town? All written by writers.

And, if I may wax romantic for a moment...many would consider the joy that writers bring into their life through television/movies/plays/books to be "feeding the soul" and very critical to their lives. I know that I do.

Therefore, they're not going to get a lot of sympathy from the average folks.I get that, but what amazes me is that people seem to be giving MORE sympathy to the EXTRAORDINARILY wealthy old men who own the networks and studios than they are the writers. And then they accuse the WRITERS of being whiny/greedy when the guy they're trying to get $0.05 from per DVD flies off on his private 747.:rolleyes:

Remember, guys, THEY could end this strike at any point too. It's not like WE'RE the only party in that position. AND...even if we got EVERY demand we're making without having to compromise on anything...the networks/studios would STILL make HUGE profits every year and those fat cats would STILL be "rich getting richer."

most book writers don't make a crapton of money either.Totally the truth.

Most people who can't make a living from their chosen vocation have something in common. To wit, too many people in that vocation. It's a basic supply v. demand problem that usually results in depressed wages. Perhaps if the strike ends up "culling" some people, that will be good for the ones who stick with it. See...it's statements like this that show you know absolutely nothing about the issues at hand here. This has NOTHING to do with depressed wages or supply vs. demand. It's about new media.

That said, another thing people in overmanned vocations often do, is take another job to augment the paltry salary in their day gig. I guess these folks are above that sort of thing. whatever.Jesus...dude. That's what MOST writers do...and that's why most of them are able to stay on strike so long! They have second jobs! AND, due to the sporadic nature of emplyment as a writer, most of us are very good at and very disciplined about investing the money when we get it and saving and planning for things like this. Also, quite a few of the writers I know are married and are being supported by their spouses during the strike. They're cutting a ton of corners, but they're gettig by.

maybe i missed it, but the point of the strike isn't to garner sympathy, but to hit the studios, etc.. in the pocket book. they can't do business without the writers

it's not like they are just after a raise, they are after their share of new media types that they are getting shut out of. it's very possible business models could shift in the near future and leave the writers out of a lot of income That is absolutely the case. Think of it this way. Say you're a writer and you're told (in 1985) that you are going to get paid a certain amount for your work and that part (a big part) of that amount is going to come from VHS sales. Then the 90's come along with DVD's and your bosses start releasing your work on VHS and DVD...but they say, "Hey! We don't know if this DVD thing is going to take off. We don't know if we're going to make any money from DVD's so just sit back and make your money from VHS tapes and be happy about it!" Then you watch DVD's gain popularity and VHS sales decline and suddenly you're not making as much money as you used to even though you're doing the same amount/quality of work...but in this example you weren't smart enough to renegotiate your contract to compensate for this contingency. Well, from what I've seen a lot of you guys would be saying, "Tough cookies! You should have thought ahead!" Well, that's what we're doing. We're collectively thinking ahead and covering our asses before the fat cats try to completely screw us over.

I think to help out LAS, what we have here is a failure to communicate.

I would be hard pressed to believe that the writers ONLY get middle income salary (not to say that isn't true). MOST writers. When you get into producers/show runners like Aaron Sorkin then you're in a completely different universe.

With the largess in Hollywood and the extravagance shown, the tendency for people to think many or most people in the business are well paid is understandable. Writers have not done a good job of getting the word out. But being a technical issue in a contract, it is not as easy to educate non-writers and non-interested people. A lot more sexy to strike for safety in the workplace or for a higher wage, not so sexy to strike on a technical issue (even one that has bottom line issues for writers). That is true, though I'd argue that the writers have been doing a pretty good job of getting the word out. It's just a difficult thing for most people to understand fully.

I tell you what, before this, I had no clue the extent to or the number of people were writers in Hollywood.

LAS, are you on strike? You're doing graphic work aren't you? Yes, I'm on strike, but I'm not doing graphic work. I own/operate several bars in the Hollywood area that help to cover my losses. I also have investments that I'm keeping to cover my *** should this thing continue through the year. I also have a girlfriend who's got a pretty thriving acting career...so occasionally I make her pay for dinner. ;) But I'm fortunate to be in this position. Many writers are really in a hard spot right now.

Well if they **** with the release of the Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows there's gonna be hell to pay. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

Movies too! They are saying next year's movie crop might not be so hot. (see the above post - Battlefield Earth II revenge of the Thetans.) ;) It goes beyond that. See...the problem is that most people don't realize how many re-writes are done ON SET while filming is going on! The original sale may have been a good one, but if the writer isn't on hand for the inevitable changes...the finished product of many of these "pre-strike sales" will suffer...and won't be so good.

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2008, 09:12 PM
For the love of everything holy, end the strike soon!

I don't care who's right, I don't care who's wrong. Just get some dang new episodes of Scrubs on my TV. We're about to be subjected to Knight Rider!!

And anyone who watches American Idol after the auditions should probably go ahead and buy a gaffe now.

Edit: Don't google that at work, by the way.

LosAngelesSooner
1/17/2008, 09:22 PM
Sorry about PostZilla.

Oh, and Mike? You DO know that Scrubs was cancelled, right?

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2008, 09:30 PM
Sorry about PostZilla.

Oh, and Mike? You DO know that Scrubs was cancelled, right?

Cancelled or coming to a natural end. This was supposed to be the last season and the strike is costing me the final episodes. :mad:

Zach Braff and Ted McGinley won't leave their fans hangin!

LosAngelesSooner
1/17/2008, 09:34 PM
It was cancelled. Whether they finish the ordered episodes or not is, well, up in the air.

I'll ask around for you.

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2008, 09:40 PM
Oh, they won't. Zach Braff for one wouldn't be available to do them, as he's committed to other projects. I'm just whining. But hey, if you want to ask around then ask Linda to comfort me in my sorrow, that's cool. :D

1stTimeCaller
1/18/2008, 07:35 AM
LAS, how many bars do you own? I've always thought I wanted to own a bar.

Harry Beanbag
1/18/2008, 07:38 AM
Thank God most of the writers are starving lower middle class people that don't own several bars in Hollywood or this strike would never end.

Mongo
1/18/2008, 07:47 AM
I like making chocolate puddin finger paintings. It is my art, my craft, that I enjoy doing. There is such a freedom I get by sticking my fingers in puddin and relaying my emotions and artistic interpretation of life on that beige, or sometimes off white, construction paper.

but , I have realized that puddin finger painting is just a hobby, or something to pass time. I am great at what I do, but the world isnt ready for my art. The damand for a great puddin finger painter is just too low, and besides the market is already flooded with puddin finger painters competing for the same jobs.

I will always be a finger painter at heart, but it is only done out of joy and love of puddin. I will always try and make it big as one of the premeire puddin finger painters in the world, but I have a wife and a child to support, and the puddin just isnt providing for them. So I got a job in the oil feild in order to make the rent. I love puddin finger painting, but it was time to face facts and to move on

Ike
1/18/2008, 10:30 AM
For the love of everything holy, end the strike soon!

I don't care who's right, I don't care who's wrong. Just get some dang new episodes of Scrubs on my TV. We're about to be subjected to Knight Rider!!

And anyone who watches American Idol after the auditions should probably go ahead and buy a gaffe now.

Edit: Don't google that at work, by the way.

So I wonder...with Knight Rider, are they just going to take the old scripts and re-make them?

TheHumanAlphabet
1/18/2008, 10:58 AM
LAS,

Need to hook you up with my Entertainment lawyer friend. He hangs out in bars - mostly the pub type and apparently is doing quite well in Hollywood since moving out there after his stint as an Assistant Fulton County (Atlanta) DA.

frankensooner
1/18/2008, 11:22 AM
What shocks me most is that Zach Braff has other projects. ;)

jeremy885
1/18/2008, 11:43 AM
It was cancelled. Whether they finish the ordered episodes or not is, well, up in the air.

I'll ask around for you.

What about Battlestar Galactica? This is suppose to be the last season and last I heard, they only had 8 episodes made. Are they going to show those and then wait another year to finish the season?

LosAngelesSooner
1/18/2008, 05:13 PM
LAS, how many bars do you own? I've always thought I wanted to own a bar.
Two. I had a third but I recently got rid of it. Too much trouble.

So I wonder...with Knight Rider, are they just going to take the old scripts and re-make them?
Total remake. It'll be a mini-series (I think) or a movie of the week, but the central character isn't Michael Knight, it's his DAUGHTER. Lots of chick fights in this one. heh...

LAS,

Need to hook you up with my Entertainment lawyer friend. He hangs out in bars - mostly the pub type and apparently is doing quite well in Hollywood since moving out there after his stint as an Assistant Fulton County (Atlanta) DA.
Sure. Send me his info. I'm always up for grabbing a drink with someone. Or maybe the next time you're out here we can all go grab a drink.

What about Battlestar Galactica? This is suppose to be the last season and last I heard, they only had 8 episodes made. Are they going to show those and then wait another year to finish the season?

I'm PRETTY SURE that they're going to finish the story. The creators had already decided to bring it to it's natural conclusion (much like Lost) but I believe their original plan was to end it this year. I'll call Katee and ask her what's up.

Oh...and to Mongo's post. Maybe you were only decent as a pudding finger painter and that's why you never succeeded. ;)