PDA

View Full Version : The real story about Lofton

Soonermagik
1/14/2008, 05:55 PM
First off, weeks ago I told you guys he was going pro. A few people on here said I was wrong, but oh well. I'm not here to blow my own horn or whatever they say.

The coaching staff actually told this kid he was a 3rd or 4th round talent this year. LOL!!!!! Most have him rated as the top 3 or 4th rated linebacker in the draft.

Now, if he had blown his knee out next year while playing for OU i.e. see Ryan Reynold's (notice his loss of speed in the fiesta bowl?) he would be out millions of dollars. I hope Curtis tears it up in the NFL. :)

Lott's Bandana
1/14/2008, 05:59 PM
This has become as bad as basketball. Don't blame 'em tho.

MextheBulldog
1/14/2008, 06:57 PM
Not quite. Bball players only have to show the school colors for one year, then off to the NBA. Totally changed the hoops college game, IMHO.

TXBOOMER
1/14/2008, 07:41 PM
We may as well get used to it. The real good ones are gonna go after their JR year and I don't blame them one bit. I wish CL the best. I fully expect that we will be hearing Reggie is leaving in the next two days.

jk the sooner fan
1/14/2008, 08:15 PM
another board claims Schimtty has alot to do with driving players away (including Lofton)

same song, different day

swardboy
1/14/2008, 08:29 PM
another board claims Schimtty has alot to do with driving players away (including Lofton)

same song, different day
I'm sure they'll have it much easier with those candy *** pro strength coaches.

CatfishSooner
1/14/2008, 08:35 PM
F

mikeelikee
1/14/2008, 08:36 PM
I wish Curtis the best, but I don't think the combines will do much to enhance his draft status. I'm thinking third round.

Collier11
1/14/2008, 09:16 PM
I wish Curtis the best, but I don't think the combines will do much to enhance his draft status. I'm thinking third round.

He was given a 2nd rd grade by pro scouts, and with some of the big name lb's not going pro(laurinitis, etc) that will only help him. Scouts do foam over 40 times but they also realize game speed and playmakers and Lofton has both abilities at a high level! I have even heard some pro-scouts say late 1st, either way he is making millions and will not be taken lower than 2nd rd from what ive gathered!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 09:17 PM
depends on the team needs where he will fall...not much else out there...If he stayed an extra year, he faced a strong possibility of going later.

Look at Rufus last year though. He graded out a first day pick and and ended up a late 2nd day pick because teams just didn't need him...and running 4. 7s didnt help either..

SM people doubting CL would go had nothing to do with you..It had to do with his claim of not going if he wasnt gonna be a top 15 pick.

usmc-sooner
1/14/2008, 09:27 PM
First off, weeks ago I told you guys he was going pro. A few people on here said I was wrong, but oh well. I'm not here to blow my own horn or whatever they say.

The coaching staff actually told this kid he was a 3rd or 4th round talent this year. LOL!!!!! Most have him rated as the top 3 or 4th rated linebacker in the draft.

Now, if he had blown his knee out next year while playing for OU i.e. see Ryan Reynold's (notice his loss of speed in the fiesta bowl?) he would be out millions of dollars. I hope Curtis tears it up in the NFL. :)

you were right,

but what's the real story?

r5TPsooner
1/14/2008, 09:30 PM
For his sake... I hope he plays better in the NFL then he did in the Fiesta Bowl this year because he looked like a turtle against WVU and out of position most of the evening. The speed he saw that night will be better than that in the NFL.

He definitely needed another year of college ball IMHO but best of luck to him and I hope he gets his $$$$.

insuranceman_22
1/14/2008, 09:31 PM
So.....by the time next season rolls around, what's the starting defense going to look like? Anybody want to take a stab at that? (Assuming Granger & Smith are gone, just for kicks).......

Soonerus
1/14/2008, 09:37 PM
Man, I just would have enjoyed watching Lofton for another year...he had a great year...best of luck though...

illinisooner
1/14/2008, 09:52 PM
There are alot of underclassmen entering the draft this year that definitely could have used another year in college...it's almost getting to the point where the NBA is right now. I thought it was purely a college basketball phenomenon where a guy is an above average player, and then leaves for the pros when pretty much anyone who's not an agent says "man, why did he go?". One of the reasons I like college football better than college basketball is because guys stick around for their senior year more often; and it seems like that isn't the case anymore. Best of luck to Curtis and Malcom though...hopefully this works out for em.

tulsaoilerfan
1/14/2008, 10:03 PM
I wish Curtis would have stayed another year just for the experience; i'm not sure one year as a starter will prepare him to play much his rookie year

bri
1/14/2008, 10:06 PM
Man, I just would have enjoyed watching Loften for another year...he had a great year...best of luck though...

Oh man, Loften's going pro too? Crap!

First Lofton, now this?

Soonermagik
1/14/2008, 10:06 PM
I think we just have to be happy for him. We are going to have to have some guys step up and live up to the recruiting hype.

The neat thing about college ball is to watch players come in inexperienced and leave ready for the NFL. Now, there should be another Curtis Lofton in the making.

richsooner
1/14/2008, 10:23 PM
maybe we could trade some of the qb's and running backs coming in for some on the other side of the ball ???????????

Soonerus
1/14/2008, 10:26 PM
Oh man, Loften's going pro too? Crap!

First Lofton, now this?

Classy BRI as usual...

bri
1/14/2008, 10:27 PM
What? I'm not allowed to be alarmed at all the players, both real and imaginary, that are leaving early?

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!!!

goingoneight
1/14/2008, 10:29 PM
He and Kelly are ready for the NFL. Kelly will be an immediate contributor, Lofton will likely be one of those guys who is drafted semi-high, but sits out a year just to get the feel of things. Unless the team he's going to is flat-out awful at LB. I think Reggie has done great at the corner position, but if he fancies himself a return man, he would be absolutely foolish to leave after this year. If he just wants to be a corner/ST man... he'll do alright, IMHO. Of the three we thought would leave early, he's the only one who I feel would benefit from coming back. You have to wonder though... if a guy's mind is already in the NFL, how is that going to help OU? We need OUr guys to be thinking about Cincinatti, Washington, etc... not draft days and dollar signs.

Soonerus
1/14/2008, 10:30 PM
What? I'm not allowed to be alarmed at all the players, both real and imaginary, that are leaving early?

OK BRI, I am not the "boss of you"...(...kinda weird...)

Desert Sapper
1/14/2008, 10:47 PM
You have to wonder though... if a guy's mind is already in the NFL, how is that going to help OU? We need OUr guys to be thinking about Cincinatti, Washington, etc... not draft days and dollar signs.

It seems so weird to talk about kids keeping their head in the college game, then to mention Washington and Cincinnati in the same sentence. ;)

Soonerus
1/14/2008, 10:48 PM
the root of all evil....

bri
1/14/2008, 10:50 PM
What, Washington and Cincinnati?

I never really found them all that evil.

Soonerus
1/14/2008, 10:52 PM
No Washinton and Cincinnati equal money...duh....

Curly Bill
1/14/2008, 10:53 PM
What, Washington and Cincinnati?

I never really found them all that evil.

Well, if you're talking about Washington, as in Washington D.C. then I can see it. ;)

sooneron
1/14/2008, 10:59 PM
I'm still waiting for some "real story" on Lofton. Someone peem me when it's posted.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 11:11 PM
If you quoting the Bible, money is not the root of all evil..Its the LOVE of money

bri
1/14/2008, 11:13 PM
You silly person. Russell isn't wrong; the Bible is. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 11:15 PM
You silly person. Russell isn't wrong; the Bible is. :D

My bad...I shoulda just watched Monday Night Raw and stayed off the innerweb tonight..

bri
1/14/2008, 11:26 PM
Just do what I do and have a TV by the computer. Multitasking, FTW! :D

Scott D
1/15/2008, 12:59 AM
I expected some mind blowing information in this thread.

looks like a crock of **** thread to me.

Soonerus
1/15/2008, 01:03 AM

You nailed it !!!!

Crucifax Autumn
1/15/2008, 01:56 AM
Wouldn't be the first time around here!

Anyone know the REAL story on the Lindbergh baby? Amelia Earheart? Jimmy Hoffa?

As long as we have all-knowing seers in our midst can someone tell me the question to the meaning of life so I can finally know what the hell 42 means?

SoonerRecon
1/15/2008, 12:38 PM

thanks nostrodamus. if your not here to blow your own horn, maybe you can find something else to blow on...

OKC-SLC
1/15/2008, 12:47 PM
The real story on the sunrise today is that it happened and I predicted as much last evening.

soonerlaw
1/15/2008, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know the rule on declaring early? I know you have to be a junior, but here's my question.

AD: Played Freshman, Soph, Jr., then left
DM: Redshirted, played RS-Fresh, will play RS-Soph...

Basically, how does the redshirt year affect leaving early?

sooner94
1/15/2008, 01:11 PM
Does anyone know the rule on declaring early? I know you have to be a junior, but here's my question.

I believe the rule is that you have to be 3 years removed from highschool, so DM could leave after next year if he wanted to.

picasso
1/15/2008, 01:12 PM
I'm sure they'll have it much easier with those candy *** pro strength coaches.
it's not that, it's style and technique. I've heard from one former player that said coach tends to wear players out more than helping them.

just sayin.

oh and "I told ya so" threads are ghey.

starclassic tama
1/15/2008, 01:12 PM
... already answered

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/15/2008, 01:13 PM

Jerimichael Finley from :texan: was a RS-Soph. You only need to be 3-years removed from high school.

If Murray has a huge year next year there is a good chance he might go pro. By all accounts he wouldn't have been a redshirt except for an injury. The plus side is again if he is going pro after next year it means he probably had a huge year.

Desert Sapper
1/15/2008, 01:24 PM

Did the draft happen last night? Damn. I must have missed it. I'm guessing from your tone that Lofton went before the 3rd round?

I'm not a draftnik, but I haven't seen anybody projecting him to go on the first day.

swardboy
1/15/2008, 01:25 PM
Jerimichael Finley from :texan: was a RS-Soph. You only need to be 3-years removed from high school.

If Murray has a huge year next year there is a good chance he might go pro. By all accounts he wouldn't have been a redshirt except for an injury. The plus side is again if he is going pro after next year it means he probably had a huge year.

Which makes me very glad we've recruited well at running back.

MamaMia
1/15/2008, 02:21 PM
I'm just guessing but I'd bet that there are a lot of really great early rounders who wish they'd finished college.

sooneron
1/15/2008, 02:24 PM
DeMarco's leaving?

[typical sf.com response]We'll be fine![typical sf.com response]

Sooner_Bob
1/15/2008, 02:28 PM

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/22/66/0000002266_20060919154226.jpg

cheezyq
1/15/2008, 02:42 PM
For his sake... I hope he plays better in the NFL then he did in the Fiesta Bowl this year because he looked like a turtle against WVU and out of position most of the evening. The speed he saw that night will be better than that in the NFL.

He definitely needed another year of college ball IMHO but best of luck to him and I hope he gets his $$$$.

Lofton was nearly the only Sooner who did anything on defense that night. He had 15 tackles, the 2nd most of any Sooner in any bowl game. I'll agree that he could probably benefit from another year in college, but not because he was slow that night. He was practically our entire defense by himself.

I'd say he's probably our best pro prospect this year, period. He diagnoses plays quickly and is as sure a tackler as there is in college. He's not blazing fast, but he's good enough and makes up for any lack of speed by playing smart. He's tough, and has a knack for being around the ball at the right time and making big plays.

I'm not saying he's the next Ray Lewis/Brian Urlacher, etc. But he's going to make a very good linebacker for someone out there. I think one more year would have put him into that 10-15 spot he claimed he wanted, but I also don't blame him for keeping his potential career in focus and getting the money while he can. It's not like he's a ballet dancer or anything.

Jacie
1/15/2008, 02:59 PM
I don't begrudge someone leaving early. If a player truly believes he can make the cut on an NFL squad then the decision to go early isn't even a difficult one. I wish I could have opted out of my senior year and a half for a six or seven figure income. We should be pleasantly surprised that more of OUr guys don't do the same thing. As for being able to say if he's ready to play at the next level, that is a crapshoot even with the first rounders.

Curly Bill
1/15/2008, 03:00 PM
I believe the rule is that you have to be 3 years removed from highschool, so DM could leave after next year if he wanted to.

Yep, your high school class has to be removed from graduation by three years...so if someone redshirts they could leave after their sophomore year.

edit...glad I could be the eleventy-billionth person to anser this. :P

TXBOOMER
1/15/2008, 03:11 PM

DM and JG are no doubt out of here after next year. If they don't get hurt they will go in the 1st round.

Curly Bill
1/15/2008, 03:13 PM
DM and JG are no doubt out of here after next year. If they don't get hurt they will go in the 1st round.

I think Gresham more likely - he's the prototype NFL TE. Murray needs to have a huge year to justify going...IMO

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/15/2008, 03:50 PM
Are we going to have to go to Coach Fran's site to get the "real" story about Lofton?

Soonermagik
1/15/2008, 04:20 PM

You are just mad that all my inside info always comes true.;) Anyways, the real point of this thread is to show you how greedy the coaches are. They always say they want the best for players, but that is crap. They told him he was a 3rd or 4th round talent. :confused:

Lauranitis from Ohio State (sp) Malaluga from USC are both returning to school which only helps Lofton. Coach Stoops always advises players to stay even when it is not in their best interest. I'm not here to bash Stoops, but I want what is best for these guys.

OKC-SLC
1/15/2008, 04:24 PM
Coach Stoops always advises players to stay even when it is not in their best interest.
This is not true. Ask AD what Bob told him.

birddog
1/15/2008, 04:27 PM
so 3 pages on some dude "blowing his own horn"? got it.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/15/2008, 04:28 PM
This is not true. Ask AD what Bob told him.

I'm pretty sure Bob also advised TRRW to go pro as well.

I would imagine Stoops usually advises players to stay and most of the time that is the right choice.

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2008, 04:32 PM

I would imagine Stoops usually advises players to stay and most of the time that is the right choice.
I also believe he told Tommie Harris it was the right choice also; he tried to get Jimmie Wilkerson to stay and he was drafted in the 6th round i believe; Stoops is okay with the guys that are first round locks but seems like he would prefer anyone else to stay the other season to try to improve their positioning.

OKC-SLC
1/15/2008, 04:33 PM
That seems right to me--something about how there's nothing else to prove at this level.

OKC-SLC
1/15/2008, 04:36 PM
And I would venture to say that Bob was pretty right on about those 3--TH, TRRW, and AD. All of them all-pro type players early in their careers.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/15/2008, 04:37 PM
That seems right to me--something about how there's nothing else to prove at this level.

That or "go horsecollar em' until Sooner-n-ga cries....":D

Ash
1/15/2008, 04:39 PM
You are just mad that all my inside info always comes true.;) Anyways, the real point of this thread is to show you how greedy the coaches are. They always say they want the best for players, but that is crap. They told him he was a 3rd or 4th round talent. :confused:

Lauranitis from Ohio State (sp) Malaluga from USC are both returning to school which only helps Lofton. Coach Stoops always advises players to stay even when it is not in their best interest. I'm not here to bash Stoops, but I want what is best for these guys.

All of your insider info is true...except this POS slamming the coach. Nice job.

You're not here to bash Stoops, but you just did.

You just want what's best for these guys? Are you their agent?

Good luck to Lofton, I hope he does well at the next level.

Soonermagik
1/15/2008, 05:09 PM
All of your insider info is true...except this POS slamming the coach. Nice job.

You're not here to bash Stoops, but you just did.

You just want what's best for these guys? Are you their agent?

Good luck to Lofton, I hope he does well at the next level.

I love sooner football as much as you guys, but the truth is Lofton needed to leave. My opinion has changed greatly about Stoops regarding things I would not repeat on this board. Oh well, if you only have half the info then I can see why you have formed opinions. :)

C&CDean
1/15/2008, 05:14 PM
meh

NYC Poke
1/15/2008, 05:18 PM
The truth about Lofton is that he is, in fact, the Loch Ness Monster.

Soonermagik
1/15/2008, 05:27 PM
meh

Hey, at least I didn't get banned. ;)

sooneron
1/15/2008, 06:28 PM
I'm sorry, I missed where it was said that Stoops told Curtis that he was a 3rd or 4th rounder. Did he say this to someone in the media? Is this factual?

Scott D
1/15/2008, 06:34 PM

What's to be mad about?

There was no story in this thread.

There was no real information in this thread.

This thread was a waste of time on a Soonerus thread level.

You must be proud.

adoniijahsooner
1/15/2008, 06:38 PM
I think Gresham more likely - he's the prototype NFL TE. Murray needs to have a huge year to justify going...IMO

Actually i believe demarco will be hurt by reggie bush not being as good as advertised. NFL teams may stay away at least in the early rounds running backs who cant carry it 20 times a game.

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2008, 07:35 PM
What's to be mad about?

There was no story in this thread.

There was no real information in this thread.

You must be proud.

Compared to a Soonerus thread? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Soonermagik
1/15/2008, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry, I missed where it was said that Stoops told Curtis that he was a 3rd or 4th rounder. Did he say this to someone in the media? Is this factual?

Stoops and Venables told Curtis that during their meeting.

usmc-sooner
1/15/2008, 09:00 PM

I hope I'm wrong but they might be right.

sooneron
1/15/2008, 10:07 PM
Oh, so you were taking notes, then. Check!

Flying Scotsman
1/15/2008, 11:00 PM
Does going pro and making it help in the originating university's recruiting?

Ash
1/15/2008, 11:04 PM
I prefer mayo over ketchup on my fries. And hold the veggies on the burger but add some bacon and extra cheese. It's called a burger not a salad sandwich.

Desert Sapper
1/15/2008, 11:33 PM
I hope I'm wrong but they might be right.

I'm with you. Curtis had a shot at building on what he started this year. He could improve his strength, speed, and agility. His hype could improve with another solid year (even without a year like 2007). He will NOT go in the 1st round. I hope he goes before the 3rd, but I doubt it. If he was a three year starter that consistently played like he did this year, I could see it. Pro Scouts have only had a year to see him as a LB. He had a mixed performance in the Fiesta. He's going to have to really show up at the combine.

bri
1/16/2008, 09:56 AM

The media. HAH! A story this big can only be heard from your best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who heard Stoops and Venables tell Lofton that he sucks at 31 Flavors last night.

OUmillenium
1/16/2008, 11:07 AM
Not quite. Bball players only have to show the school colors for one year, then off to the NBA. Totally ruining the hoops college game, IMHO.

fixed

Breadburner
1/16/2008, 11:19 AM
Well at least one of the 2 kids from Muskogee said all of the other schools they looked at were very good schools but they chose Oklahoma because they wanted to win.....

OUmillenium
1/16/2008, 11:27 AM
Sweet!

Go roughers...to OU that is.

C&CDean
1/16/2008, 02:25 PM
Hey, at least I didn't get banned. ;)

yet...

Keep pulling horse**** out of your nether regions and we may be able to solve this one.

bri
1/16/2008, 04:14 PM
But then who will give us the super-duper double-secret uber-inside information that you can't get anywhere else?!?

r5TPsooner
1/16/2008, 04:17 PM
But then who will give us the super-duper double-secret uber-inside information that you can't get anywhere else?!?

Soonerus?:D

bri
1/16/2008, 04:24 PM
No...he's only good for 50 random thoughts per hour...that's all...no real insight...no content...blop...

TUSooner
1/16/2008, 05:35 PM
Here lies Lester Moor
4 slugs from a .44
No Lester no more

DOOOOOOOOOOOOD !
Fix your sig already! It's "No LES, no more." Not "Lester". You're completely missing the pun, which is the whole point of the miserable little thing. It makes Jenks look like the home of the bloomin clueless igdits. Sheesh, get a clue, take a hint... something.
YWIA.

OK, I'm done. :O :twinkies:

bri
1/16/2008, 06:51 PM
You actually read that train wreck of a sig? :D

The VIIIth
1/16/2008, 07:58 PM
DOOOOOOOOOOOOD !
Fix your sig already! It's "No LES, no more." Not "Lester". You're completely missing the pun, which is the whole point of the miserable little thing. It makes Jenks look like the home of the bloomin clueless igdits. Sheesh, get a clue, take a hint... something.
YWIA.

OK, I'm done. :O :twinkies:

Sir, are you suggesting that he is no daisy?
http://ferncanyonpress.com/tombston/images/val3.jpg

ruf/nekdad
1/17/2008, 10:17 AM
Or that he is a huckleberry?

PalmBeachSooner1
1/17/2008, 09:03 PM
I rank him around the Rufus level. Remember, he went in round 6!

crimson&cream
1/17/2008, 09:43 PM
We may as well get used to it. The real good ones are gonna go after their JR year and I don't blame them one bit. I wish CL the best. I fully expect that we will be hearing Reggie is leaving in the next two days.
Guess then coaches should only expect when offering a recruit a scholly to be there 3 yrs then whats with the 4 yr scholly concept-out the door.Screw what the college was out , the coaches who made them better etc
Money Money Money... look what it's doing to Pro sports it's going to wreck it because to pay for it all the fre agency tickets are out of sight and puts many in the poorer house to buy them, and you need a team rooster every yr to know who's playing for who now, got a favorite team and player, forget it he may gone soon.

Curly Bill
1/17/2008, 09:49 PM
...and in other news: the sky is falling.

bri
1/17/2008, 09:50 PM
What?

Can someone translate that post for me? My Authentic Frontier Gibberish is a little rusty.

Desert Sapper
1/17/2008, 10:23 PM
What?

Can someone translate that post for me? My Authentic Frontier Gibberish is a little rusty.

I agree with Howard Johnson.:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/17/2008, 11:07 PM
He said something about a magical rooster that tells you who is playing on what team.

ruf/nekdad
1/18/2008, 07:26 AM
I have a funky chicken, where can I get a magic rooster?

wishbonesooner
1/18/2008, 10:05 AM
What Bob HAS said to players thinking about leaving early is, unless you're a sure first rounder, you should stay. Most 2nd, 3rd or even 4th round picks get about 750K, pay your agent and taxes and you get half that. Factor in that 60% of the NFL is out of football in 4 years, getting that degree looks a lot better than most of us would think.

sooner94
1/18/2008, 02:05 PM
What Bob HAS said to players thinking about leaving early is, unless you're a sure first rounder, you should stay. Most 2nd, 3rd or even 4th round picks get about 750K, pay your agent and taxes and you get half that. Factor in that 60% of the NFL is out of football in 4 years, getting that degree looks a lot better than most of us would think.

That's what I have heard as well, and it makes a hell of a lot of sense. He told TRRW, Tommie Harris and AD they should leave since they were first rounders.

Any rumors that Stoops and his staff undersell their guys' draft status to get them to stay is BS.

soonerinabilene
1/18/2008, 02:18 PM

You must be proud.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/soonerinabilene/pzoned.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
1/19/2008, 01:38 AM
Oh no...this thread makes Rus, me, and a few of the other post spewers look like credible geniuses!

bri
1/19/2008, 04:57 AM
If by "like credible geniuses" you mean "not quite as bad", then yes.

Soonermagik
1/19/2008, 04:28 PM
If by "like credible geniuses" you mean "not quite as bad", then yes.

Say what you will, but all my stuff is true. I think I have a solid track record of telling the truth. I could really care less what you say about me, as I have never met you. In the real world I interact with the team, while you sit on your computer all day. :rolleyes:

birddog
1/19/2008, 08:42 PM
I could really care less :rolleyes:

what percentage do you think it is that you "could care less"? 75%? 77%?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2008, 08:48 PM
In the real world I interact with the team, while you sit on your computer all day. :rolleyes:

wow...

NYC Poke
1/19/2008, 10:05 PM
Signing day is coming up, and spring practices are just around the corner . . .

Whet
1/19/2008, 10:45 PM
I do believe some folks do have an "in" with the team and probably hear and know more than us......

Soonermagik - "sprinkles on you!"

Frozen Sooner
1/19/2008, 10:53 PM
Guess then coaches should only expect when offering a recruit a scholly to be there 3 yrs then whats with the 4 yr scholly concept-out the door.Screw what the college was out , the coaches who made them better etc
Money Money Money... look what it's doing to Pro sports it's going to wreck it because to pay for it all the fre agency tickets are out of sight and puts many in the poorer house to buy them, and you need a team rooster every yr to know who's playing for who now, got a favorite team and player, forget it he may gone soon.

There is no such thing as a four-year athletic scholarship. Athletic scholarships are renewed on a year-to-year basis for a maximum of five years.

bri
1/20/2008, 12:19 AM
Say what you will, but all my stuff is true. I think I have a solid track record of telling the truth. I could really care less what you say about me, as I have never met you. In the real world I interact with the team, while you sit on your computer all day. :rolleyes:

Wow, you certainly showed me, Super Insider Team-Knowing Guy. I bow at the tree of wisdom.

I'd hate to see how snide and self-serving your reply would have been if you actually did care what every single person on this board who is mocking you ruthlessly thought about you.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/20/2008, 03:53 AM
Say what you will, but all my stuff is pathetic. I think I have a solid stool regardless of telling the truth. I could really care less what you say about girls, as I have never been laid. In the real world I sniff the jocks of the team, while you have a life. :texan:

Fixed.

101sooner
1/20/2008, 05:03 AM
So what was the real story?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/20/2008, 05:35 AM
Did I mention that I am Merv Johnson?

goingoneight
1/20/2008, 11:03 PM
I'm Malcom Kelly's cousin and my uncle is Bob Stoops. My Grandpa is Barry Switzer and my great-great-great-great-GRRRRRREAT-grandfather is Bob Barry, Sr.

All_Day_28
1/21/2008, 12:04 AM
so... what is the real story again??

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2008, 12:24 AM
"The Real Story" is the first book of a 5 book space opera known as the Gap Cycle by an author named Stephen R. Donaldson, best known for his "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" series as well as Mordan't need. He also writes mysteries under the pseudonym Reed Stephens.

:P

OUmillenium
1/22/2008, 10:37 AM
I write a column for the times under the title Jane Doe.

MI Sooner
1/22/2008, 01:12 PM
There is no such thing as a four-year athletic scholarship. Athletic scholarships are renewed on a year-to-year basis for a maximum of five years.

So if you redshirt and get a medical redshirt, you need to pay your own way for year six? Or if you enroll early and redshirt, you don't get the semester after your redshirt senior season paid for?

Soonermagik
1/22/2008, 01:50 PM
Wow, you certainly showed me, Super Insider Team-Knowing Guy. I bow at the tree of wisdom.

I'd hate to see how snide and self-serving your reply would have been if you actually did care what every single person on this board who is mocking you ruthlessly thought about you.

That would be a great real men of genius song... Mr. Super Insider Team Knowing Guy... you know it all. ;)

Frozen Sooner
1/22/2008, 01:56 PM
So if you redshirt and get a medical redshirt, you need to pay your own way for year six? Or if you enroll early and redshirt, you don't get the semester after your redshirt senior season paid for?

For situation one, no. I believe you can get the scholarship extended in that circumstance.

For situation two, yes, I believe that is the case. Regardless, as their football eligibility would be exhausted, they could qualify for alumni scholarships. :D

Crucifax Autumn
1/23/2008, 02:31 AM
That or actually do well enough in school to qualify for academic scholarships!

MextheBulldog
1/23/2008, 10:42 PM
:pop:

OUinFLA
1/23/2008, 10:50 PM
I tried "sitting on my computer" once.
(not for all day though)

I found it difficult to type, but finally got a bit skillful at reading upside down.
My neck developed a cramp and I got a headache, so I didnt do it anymore.
Now, I just go to work all day. Still get a headache, but no cramps.