PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Conan

Mongo
1/14/2008, 08:55 AM
May Crom guide your choosings

pott_2
1/14/2008, 09:31 AM
No Red Sonya? His name is Calador in that one, but he is still the same guy.. at least I think.

Viking Kitten
1/14/2008, 09:35 AM
There should be a write-in option. When I lived in Brooklyn, I had an Italian landlord named Conan. He was just okay, as far as landlords go, but he also owned the restaurant downstairs and he made a mean calzone.

King Crimson
1/14/2008, 09:35 AM
C the barbarian had the snake and hot chicks orgy.

Mongo
1/14/2008, 09:47 AM
There should be a write-in option. When I lived in Brooklyn, I had an Italian landlord named Conan. He was just okay, as far as landlords go, but he also owned the restaurant downstairs and he made a mean calzone.

your option is noted, but calzone making does not come close to the ability to cleave a man's head off with one stroke

sooneron
1/14/2008, 09:55 AM
C the barbarian had the snake and hot chicks orgy.
Yes, true daT!!

That movie had my undivided attention as I was on the phone listening to my then gf (classmate of yours) going on endlessly about troubles with her parents.
I really ****ed her off that night. She's saying how she hates her parents and then I say, "Whoa!! He just chopped that dude's head off!"

Good times

soonerinabilene
1/14/2008, 10:12 AM
Anyone with a walker, texas ranger lever wins this contest.

Curly Bill
1/14/2008, 10:14 AM
Where's the: none of the above pick? :D

C&CDean
1/14/2008, 10:32 AM
What a bunch of no-account uncultured hillbillies. If you thought "Conan the movies" then you're a tard.

When you're thirsting for something good to read, do yourself a favor and go out and purchase the orginal Robert E. Howard "Conan the Barbarian." You will thank me later, and you will purchase the subsequent books as well. Even some of the ones written by L. Sprague DeCamp are good too.

When you geeks and freaks were busy reading LOTR and Dune, I was reading Howard's Conan and Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan books. This makes me better than you.

frankensooner
1/14/2008, 10:34 AM
Robert E. Howard also wrote some good detective stories before he blowed his head off.

Mongo
1/14/2008, 10:34 AM
They made a book out of the movie?

C&CDean
1/14/2008, 10:37 AM
They made a book out of the movie?
Cretin.

Mongo
1/14/2008, 10:38 AM
reading is fine and dandy, but a book can not visually paint the beauty that is Grace Jones.

C&CDean
1/14/2008, 10:46 AM
reading is fine and dandy, but a book can not visually paint the beauty that is Grace Jones.

I wouldn't hit Grace Jones with that stick she whoops *** with in the movie.

frankensooner
1/14/2008, 10:55 AM
seriously, I have seen better heads on boils.

usmc-sooner
1/14/2008, 11:57 AM
Mongo likes muscle guys in loin clothes, especially ones that call themselves Barbarian and have big swards.

StoopTroup
1/14/2008, 12:08 PM
The Irish Conan, although seemingly scrawny, is very tall.

I believe if Barry Bonds could train him, he would be the greatest of all Conans.

sooneron
1/14/2008, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't hit Grace Jones with that stick she whoops *** with in the movie.
So you have seen the movies?:D

tbl
1/14/2008, 02:23 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/fixinchitlins/arnold_raver.gif

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 02:28 PM
I m a big fan of "In the year 2000" skits

swardboy
1/14/2008, 03:01 PM
"...and hear the lamentation of their women...." Priceless.

Mongo
1/14/2008, 04:51 PM
Conan the Barbarian and Destroyer are upset by how close this vote is. you have brought his wrath upon yourselves

TheHumanAlphabet
1/14/2008, 04:58 PM
Yes, true daT!!

That movie had my undivided attention as I was on the phone listening to my then gf (classmate of yours) going on endlessly about troubles with her parents.
I really ****ed her off that night. She's saying how she hates her parents and then I say, "Whoa!! He just chopped that dude's head off!"

Good times

Let me guess, she figured you were real sensitive and you guys got married...:D

Harry Beanbag
1/14/2008, 08:11 PM
Whoa. This poll brought out the Beano.

Mongo
1/14/2008, 08:48 PM
Whoa. This poll brought out the Beano.

he likes my high quality polls, except he chose poorly

GottaHavePride
1/14/2008, 09:23 PM
When you geeks and freaks were busy reading LOTR and Dune, I was reading Howard's Conan and Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan books. This makes me better than you.

I read LOTR, Dune (even the ****ty sixth book), AND the Tarzan books.

And I watched Freaks and Geeks.

I win!

frankensooner
1/15/2008, 09:35 AM
I read LOTR, Dune (even the ****ty sixth book), AND the Tarzan books.

And I watched Freaks and Geeks.

I win!
Yeah, but did you read Robert E. Howard and L. Sprague DeCamp like Dean and me?

C&CDean
1/15/2008, 10:37 AM
Yeah, but did you read Robert E. Howard and L. Sprague DeCamp like Dean and me?

Yeah, cause that would make you a polished and cultured geeky freak like us.

Hot Rod
1/15/2008, 01:01 PM
My favorite Conan: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8

tbl
1/15/2008, 04:18 PM
Conan the Barbarian and Destroyer are upset by how close this vote is. you have brought his wrath upon yourselves
Agreed. Have you played the game yet? When I saw the commercial, it was very tempting to not go out and buy a 360, just for that game.
http://www.conanthevideogame.com/

tbl
3/24/2008, 12:11 PM
What a bunch of no-account uncultured hillbillies. If you thought "Conan the movies" then you're a tard.

When you're thirsting for something good to read, do yourself a favor and go out and purchase the orginal Robert E. Howard "Conan the Barbarian." You will thank me later, and you will purchase the subsequent books as well. Even some of the ones written by L. Sprague DeCamp are good too.

Here's the thank you later. I went to the library and got all three of the volumes which have compiled the Conan works. I'm still in the first book (The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian) and they're getting very good. The Scarlet Citadel was a very good read and I'm on the Queen of the Black Coast now. Very nice...

C&CDean
3/24/2008, 04:37 PM
Here's the thank you later. I went to the library and got all three of the volumes which have compiled the Conan works. I'm still in the first book (The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian) and they're getting very good. The Scarlet Citadel was a very good read and I'm on the Queen of the Black Coast now. Very nice...

You, sir, are one cultured hillbilly. I haven't read them in over 30 years. I always forget about the damn library having books. I need to go check them out.

C&CDean
3/24/2008, 04:39 PM
b

Mixer!
3/24/2008, 09:01 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4756/plreviewscreen2fpx6.jpg

OKC Sooner
3/25/2008, 10:57 AM

Write-in vote for Conan the Librarian :D