PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see T.O. in postgame

SoonerSinger3
1/13/2008, 10:22 PM
In postgame press conference TO was trying defend Romo and say that it wasn't his fault when he got choked up and started crying. I don't know if I should feel sorry for the guy and agree with him or laugh at him.

couldn't find the link of the video

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/13/2008, 10:37 PM
In postgame press conference TO was trying defend Romo and say that it wasn't his fault when he got choked up and started crying. I don't know if I should feel sorry for the guy and agree with him or laugh at him.

couldn't find the link of the videoMaybe Tony is a sensitive kind of fellow, or there is an incentive(performance) clause in his relationship with Ms. Simpson.

Egeo
1/13/2008, 10:38 PM
i like owens
i know he cares - and i knew this when the eagles were making the superbowl run when he was there

tbl
1/13/2008, 10:47 PM
Say what you will about TO in the past, but TO as a Cowboy has been awesome, on and off the field, even with the accidental overdose.

Collier11
1/13/2008, 10:50 PM
Say what you will about TO but the guy plays with passion, heart, and he cares bout his teammates. I dont know why anyone would make fun of him for showing that he cares for his teammates???

boomersooner28
1/13/2008, 11:48 PM
Dallas will make a run to the SuperBowl next year, mark it down. TO has been a great teammate to Romo and the fire and passion Romo showed today proved to me that he is gonna be a hellavu great QB that wins SuperBowls. This team will be back.

boomersooner82
1/13/2008, 11:56 PM
He's a grown man and he was crying because the press has been "picking" on Romo... I had a good laugh.

setem
1/13/2008, 11:58 PM
LEAVE TONY ALONE!!! OK??? HE IS JUST TRYING TO BE THE BEST QB HE CAN BE!!! HE IS GOING THROUGH A HARD TIME RIGHT NOW!!! JESSICA SIMPSON IS MAKING HIM LOSE GAMES!!! LEAVE TONY ALONE!!!!! GOOOOD!!!!!

GrapevineSooner
1/14/2008, 12:01 AM
Dallas will make a run to the SuperBowl next year, mark it down. TO has been a great teammate to Romo and the fire and passion Romo showed today proved to me that he is gonna be a hellavu great QB that wins SuperBowls. This team will be back.

With parity reigning supreme, it's hard for me to say with 100% certainty that Dallas will be back. They are young, but they still have a number of holes that need to be patched up, starting with the #3 corner spot and even backup running back.

Me thinks Jacques Reeves and Jules Jones have played their final games in Dallas.

As for TO crying, I'm not going to begrudge him for that. Heat of the moment type situation and I'd rather him cry in defending a teammate as opposed to throwing him under the bus or pulling a Patrick Crayton and not talk to the media. Terry Glenn was also crying after the game as tonight was probably the final game of his career.

Collier11
1/14/2008, 12:58 AM
He's a grown man and he was crying because the press has been "picking" on Romo... I had a good laugh.

I guess by the comment that youve never played competitive sports before cus if you had you would understand that during the season those guys that line up next to you are your brothers and not only will you bleed and sweat with them, but you will cry with them too!

Seamus
1/14/2008, 02:05 AM
God forbid a professional athlete actually care about winning or his teammates :rolleyes:

Seamus
1/14/2008, 02:07 AM
That wasn't directed at you, Collier.

Collier11
1/14/2008, 02:30 AM
That wasn't directed at you, Collier.
I got ya! ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
1/14/2008, 09:44 AM
JESSICA SIMPSON IS MAKING HIM LOSE GAMES!!! LEAVE TONY ALONE!!!!! GOOOOD!!!!!

I was wondering how quickly Jessica would be banned from Dallas and t-shirts with crosshairs on her face being sold in Dallas...

Jello Biafra
1/14/2008, 09:57 AM
Dallas will make a run to the SuperBowl next year, mark it down.

oddly enough, this is the EXACT same thing i said last year after chicago got thumped in the super bowl........................................

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 10:18 AM
Perhaps the amusement over TO balling is simply because a lot of people don't like him?

I don't like him. I don't mind seeing him cry. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see him assume the fetal position.

Unfortunately, I missed all that. Maybe I'll get to see it on ESPN a couple hundred times.

As a TO hater, I will concede that he has been a pretty good team player in Dallas as far as we can tell. If he hangs in there a little longer, I might even forgive him for being the a-hole he has been for so many years.

tulsaoilerfan
1/14/2008, 10:33 AM
Perhaps the amusement over TO balling is simply because a lot of people don't like him?

I don't like him. I don't mind seeing him cry. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see him assume the fetal position.

Unfortunately, I missed all that. Maybe I'll get to see it on ESPN a couple hundred times.

As a TO hater, I will concede that he has been a pretty good team player in Dallas as far as we can tell. If he hangs in there a little longer, I might even forgive him for being the a-hole he has been for so many years.
I'm sure it will be on ESPN News every half hour today, so tune in

boomersooner82
1/14/2008, 10:49 AM
I guess by the comment that youve never played competitive sports before cus if you had you would understand that during the season those guys that line up next to you are your brothers and not only will you bleed and sweat with them, but you will cry with them too!

Nope, I've never played at the professional or even collegiate level so I guess I don't get it. I've just never thought of T.O. as the ultimate team player, but he's obviously changed now because he squirted out a few tears after yesterday's loss. :rolleyes:

I still thought it was funny, but then again, I'm a heartless bastard. Sorry if that offends the Cowboys fans.

Civicus_Sooner
1/14/2008, 11:51 AM
Say what you will about TO in the past, but TO as a Cowboy has been awesome, on and off the field, even with the accidental overdose.HE was his best as a 49er!

Breadburner
1/14/2008, 11:53 AM
That made me want to Puke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WestAustinSooner
1/14/2008, 11:58 AM
I think T.O. has made major strides as a good sport and team player while at Dallas. I used to dislike him, but I am impressed with his improvement in maturity including his ability in dealing with the media and his consideration for not providing off-field distractions for the team. So, I've kinda developed a soft spot for the guy. Anyway, those of you making fun of him for having a little passion either just hate him personally or Dallas or both. As a former college player, I can tell you that a tear every now and then is not unusual. It shows passion for the game and concern for your teammates. T.O. deserves a little credit for the situation, imo.

Collier11
1/14/2008, 12:02 PM
Nope, I've never played at the professional or even collegiate level so I guess I don't get it. I've just never thought of T.O. as the ultimate team player, but he's obviously changed now because he squirted out a few tears after yesterday's loss. :rolleyes:

I still thought it was funny, but then again, I'm a heartless bastard. Sorry if that offends the Cowboys fans.

First off, dont insult me like that by calling me a Cowboys fan :mad: ;)

I think you are missing the point, sure TO is a loud mouth and all that but I have never heard anything other than the fact that he lays it on the line every single game and we are starting to hear that he gets along with his teammates throughout his career more than what was led on by the media. He has made plenty of mistakes sure, but this guy clearly cares about his team and whether they win or lose!

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 12:06 PM
yeah.

I'm real impressed that TO is totally committed to his first year coach and first full year QB.;)

I've backed off on my ripping of TO for now, but I'll wait until the honeymoon period is over before I consider him a changed man. I know it's his second season, but it's the first season under current circumstances. It usually takes a little longer before he "traditionally" implodes a team.

Malcolm Kelly's Cousin
1/14/2008, 12:15 PM
Whenever I begin to sympathize with pro athletes I stop myself and realize they're still multi-millionaires getting paid to play a game.

SoonerTerry
1/14/2008, 12:25 PM
I'm just really glad I wasn't in the national spotlight in my 20's..

cept for maybe the sectual stuff... I was a sectual tyrantosarus:P :eek:
:hot:

at least I thought I was;)

GrapevineSooner
1/14/2008, 12:53 PM
I recall Brett Favra cried after his Packers finished up their 2006 campaign on New Year's Eve against Chicago.

And it didn't do anything to diminish his reputation.

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 01:02 PM
I recall Brett Favra cried after his Packers finished up their 2006 campaign on New Year's Eve against Chicago.

And it didn't do anything to diminish his reputation.
I'm not sure "diminish" is the issue.

People who like TO will like him more because of this.

People who don't like TO are just amused to see him cry. It probably doesn't even come into play on the opinion of this "reputation".

The Maestro
1/14/2008, 01:08 PM
I grew up a Cowboys fan, but it is guys like T.O. that make me not care so much about who wins as wanting the best matchups to enjoy.

I remember T.O. as a 49er making a fool of himself on the star at midfield at Dallas only to get knocked off.

I remember him being a punk as well with the Eagles.

49ers...Eagles...punk...and now I am supposed to like him?

No thanks!

That said, I was hoping for better matchups. I believe New England and Green Bay will cruise to the Super Bowl which will be a great matchup...but the NFC and AFC Championships would have been much better with the top two seeds in each league.

Now, having even said that, you gotta love a 6:30 Sunday night playoff game at Lambeau Field in mid January. That is going to be quite a scene.

sooner518
1/14/2008, 01:08 PM
Ive always hated TO, but this season, Ive started to like him more. That doesnt mean Im not waiting for him to start going crazy and lashing out at coaches, teammates, media, etc...., but he definitely seems to have matured since being in Dallas.

Collier11
1/14/2008, 01:17 PM
Ive always hated TO, but this season, Ive started to like him more. That doesnt mean Im not waiting for him to start going crazy and lashing out at coaches, teammates, media, etc...., but he definitely seems to have matured since being in Dallas.

Because these players make millions and have Big Egos, it is sometimes lost that all they really want is for a team, coaches, and owners to want them! It sounds cheezy but it is true!

sooneron
1/14/2008, 01:35 PM
He's JUST A KID - HE DOES EVERYTHING RIGHT! DON'T BEDOWNGRADE 'IM!!! [hairGel]

Animal Mother
1/14/2008, 01:41 PM
I have to agree with SAS on several points. T.O. was spilling crocodile tears IMHO. He starts listing all the things the media could hang Topo Gigo Romo with and it seemed like criticism by proxy. "Here is a list of all the things he pulled but don’t say I said them." Yes Owens kicked rear this year and he seems to have mellowed but he reached the apex of being an a-hole so he had nowhere to go but down anyway.

TUSooner
1/14/2008, 01:46 PM
Say what you will about TO but the guy plays with passion, heart, and he cares bout his teammates. I dont know why anyone would make fun of him for showing that he cares for his teammates???
Even I cut him some slack on this one, and his egotism and past behavior is the #1 reason I can't cheer for the Cowchips.

WisconsinSooner
1/14/2008, 01:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mow7gXW0uog

"It's really unfair."

On the lighter side, it didn't take long. . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRcy7kWfrC4

LesNessman
1/14/2008, 02:04 PM
All Dallas needs to do next year is tighten up that o-line a little and start Marion Barber every game. Then they will win it all.

KC//CRIMSON
1/14/2008, 02:45 PM
I think T.O. has made major strides as a good sport and team player while at Dallas. I used to dislike him, but I am impressed with his improvement in maturity including his ability in dealing with the media and his consideration for not providing off-field distractions for the team. So, I've kinda developed a soft spot for the guy. Anyway, those of you making fun of him for having a little passion either just hate him personally or Dallas or both. As a former college player, I can tell you that a tear every now and then is not unusual. It shows passion for the game and concern for your teammates. T.O. deserves a little credit for the situation, imo.

Word.

ps. just for *hits and giggles, Phillip Rivers is the biggest *ick in the NFL.

jdsooner
1/14/2008, 02:56 PM
There's no crying in football!
Boo frickety hoo!

Civicus_Sooner
1/14/2008, 03:04 PM
I loved his desecration of the star at midfield in Dallas.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 03:09 PM
He's just an emotional guy..He's cried several times on tv in interviews or whatever...his tears don't mean anything..Remember at one point he wanted to make sweet man love to McNabb before declaring him the debil(my version of their feud)

bri
1/14/2008, 03:24 PM
I'm surprised the "all dudes who cry are FAGS!" demographic hasn't jumped all over the aspect of a guy who's intimated that two of his former QBs are gay weeping like a nancy who just lost his Oscar pool. You guys are really letting me down.

yermom
1/14/2008, 04:31 PM
maybe the Eagles are just a bunch of dicks

TO seems to have changed, or maybe he just fits better with this team

Romo with more experience next year ought to be great. hopefully he's dumped The Blonde Albatross by then ;)

tulsaoilerfan
1/14/2008, 04:35 PM
All Dallas needs to do next year is tighten up that o-line a little and start Marion Barber every game. Then they will win it all.
A legitimate second receiver to go with TO would be nice; Crayton is a decent player, but he's a 3rd wideout being forced to play as the number 2

WisconsinSooner
1/14/2008, 04:35 PM
hopefully he's dumped The Blonde Albatross by then

Jessica Simpson or Wade Phillips? ;)

OKLA21FAN
1/14/2008, 04:37 PM
and it begins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw-yXCswl7o&feature=related

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 06:43 PM
If Tony woulda hooked up with cameron Diaz he'd been on fire Sunday

goingoneight
1/14/2008, 10:44 PM
It's a shame MK probably won't end up with Dallas, he's been a Cowboys fan all his life and he's exactly what they need to compliment and eventually take over for TO. I don't understand what all the fuss is about TO anyway... he's an ego... get over it haters. Don't tell me there's never been an ego or "trouble-maker" on your favorite team. I can think a few at OU since Stoops arrived.

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 10:48 PM
Don't tell me there's never been an ego or "trouble-maker" on your favorite team. I can think a few at OU since Stoops arrived.
:rolleyes: X 50