PDA

View Full Version : IF I were a Packers fan...

badger
1/13/2008, 08:46 PM
IF I were a Packers fan (and I am), the only thing I would be concerned about is not having any Sooner alums on the roster to brag about each week.

I guess I'll just have to brag about all the winning and stuff. It's good to have a good college and pro team to cheer for. Home field advantage??? The only NFL team with home field advantage is GREEN BAY!

Go Pack Go :)

Desert Sapper
1/13/2008, 08:59 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan, but I say GO PACK. I hope it blizzards in GB when the Eli Mannings take the field. I'd like to see Favre have another ring before he rides into the sunset. Classest of the class acts.

OU-HSV
1/13/2008, 09:29 PM
I'm pulling for the Packers. I want Favre to get another before he gets put in the "Home". But all jokes aside, I hate the patriots...the Packers are the only team left in my opinion that will be able to beat them. I like what the Packers have been able to do this season...and I've always liked how tough Favre plays.

GrapevineSooner
1/13/2008, 09:30 PM
Giants 9-1 road record this year will put that HFA to the test.

goingoneight
1/13/2008, 10:04 PM
I hope Favre pwns both of the pretty boys left on his schedule.

trwxxa
1/13/2008, 10:16 PM
I would take a light jacket to the game. Single digit temps next weekend.

SoonerStormchaser
1/13/2008, 10:58 PM
I hope Favre makes Eli cry like the little bitch he is!

bluedogok
1/13/2008, 11:54 PM
I hope the Pack blows the blow hard Giants out.
Then lose to the Pats.....

boomersooner82
1/13/2008, 11:58 PM
I hope Favre makes Eli cry like the little bitch he is!

Or like T.O. was crying after tonight's game

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/14/2008, 02:06 AM
Wouldn't that be story book though, Brett Favre and company take down the Patriots in the Super Bowl, then he rides off into the sunset as the greatest QB ever. I don't know that Brett isn't already the greatest. I will truly miss him when he retires. I love how he genuinely seems to love playing. He always has a big smile on his face.

Scott D
1/14/2008, 09:16 AM
there are no Packer fans....they are a cult, like Scientology.

badger
1/14/2008, 09:19 AM
there are no Packer fans....
:rolleyes: deniiiiiiiallll
who ever thought you would go through the seven stages after a cowboy loss?
:D:D:D

Whet
1/14/2008, 09:19 AM
Game time temps around 11!
Will Eli become cheesecake?

Scott D
1/14/2008, 09:22 AM
:rolleyes: deniiiiiiiallll
who ever thought you would go through the seven stages after a cowboy loss?
:D:D:D

Cowgirl fans are nearly as bad a cult as Packer fan....the fastest rising most annoying cult is newfangled Patriot fan who didn't even know that there was a franchise in New England until 1999.

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 09:31 AM
Cowgirl fans are nearly as bad a cult as Packer fan....the fastest rising most annoying cult is newfangled Patriot fan who didn't even know that there was a franchise in New England until 1999.
I'm not a fan of the team so much as I'm a fan of the sport. And what they are doing is amazing.

Even when I am not a fan of the team, it's exciting to know that I am seeing sports history being played out. What NE is doing now is sports history, and I'm a fan of that. What Tom Brady is doing is a crowning legacy that the other greats can't claim.

I'm not a bandwagon fan, but I'm into it. I'll be able to tell my grandchildren why their favorite QB sucks compared to what I witnessed back in the day.

soonerhubs
1/14/2008, 09:44 AM
I'll be able to tell my grandchildren why their favorite QB sucks compared to what I witnessed back in the day.
"You see... back then, whipper-snapper, all you had to do was pay money when you got caught cheating. Oh, and holding was ignored if you wore red-white and blue."

misanthropic1234
1/14/2008, 09:45 AM
I would be worried that the Giants may end the story book year. Hanging with the Patriots obviously instilled some sort of confidence in the team that may carry over to the NFC championship.

soonerhubs
1/14/2008, 09:47 AM
Why do you hate America's team?:D

Jello Biafra
1/14/2008, 10:06 AM
IF I were a Packers fan (and I am), the only thing I would be concerned about is not having any Sooner alums on the roster to brag about each week.

I guess I'll just have to brag about all the winning and stuff. It's good to have a good college and pro team to cheer for. Home field advantage??? The only NFL team with home field advantage is GREEN BAY!

Go Pack Go :)

yeh. because you shouldn't worry at all about being swept by this years terrible "monsters of the midway".

having thrown this jab at you (:P ), i will still be pulling for the old black and blue division and hope that the old man sticks two in the pink and one in the stink for the giants. before your team is sacrificed on live television. (sad but true for about 98% of the league)

C&CDean
1/14/2008, 10:54 AM
I was out harvesting pecans all weekend, so I DVR'd the game on Saturday. I came in Saturday night, got cleaned up, poured a stiff drink, ate supper, and turned on the TV. I didn't check the score so I could enjoy watching the game.

The game starts, fumble, touchdown Seattle. Another fumble, another touchdown, and I'm going WTF?? I seriously almost just shut the DVR off and switched over to live TV. I was bummed.

Then, I poured myself another stiff drink, and watched Bret Favre and my Packers commence the feather plucking. I kept thinking "no ****ing way." But yes, ****ing way!

It was very cool and we all lived happily ever after.

The End.

r5TPsooner
1/14/2008, 01:10 PM
GO PACK!

WisconsinSooner
1/14/2008, 03:48 PM
there are no Packer fans....they are a cult, like Scientology.

Blasphemy!!!! Burn the heretic!!!!! ;)

"There are some fans that like their team. There are some fans who love their team. And then there are the Packer fans." Peter King, CNNSI discussing NFL fans.

NormanPride
1/14/2008, 04:21 PM
I was out harvesting pecans all weekend, so I DVR'd the game on Saturday. I came in Saturday night, got cleaned up, poured a stiff drink, ate supper, and turned on the TV. I didn't check the score so I could enjoy watching the game.

The game starts, fumble, touchdown Seattle. Another fumble, another touchdown, and I'm going WTF?? I seriously almost just shut the DVR off and switched over to live TV. I was bummed.

Then, I poured myself another stiff drink, and watched Bret Favre and my Packers commence the feather plucking. I kept thinking "no ****ing way." But yes, ****ing way!

It was very cool and we all lived happily ever after.

The End.

We were with the Tulsa Packer Backers, and it was pretty glum there for the first few minutes. But once we tied it up, everybody was up and jumping again. :D

Scott D
1/14/2008, 04:23 PM
We were with the Tulsa Packer Backers, and it was pretty glum there for the first few minutes. But once we tied it up, everybody was up and jumping again. :D

you're so whipped you should wear a dress, since clearly badger wears the man pants. :)

NormanPride
1/14/2008, 04:41 PM
you're so whipped you should wear a dress, since clearly badger wears the man pants. :)

If your wife looked as sexy as she does in man pants, you'd let her wear them too. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 06:47 PM
NP, you do whatcha gotta do..Be thankful she's not a Cowboy fan(of any kind)

badger
1/14/2008, 07:01 PM
DEAN! He's insulting our Packers and a fellow Packer fan!

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 07:08 PM
badger wears Dean's pants too?

soonerloyal
1/14/2008, 07:30 PM
My original LOLDog* for my fellow SoonerFans who are PackerFans:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/LOLCats%20Etc/HazCheezhed.jpg

GO PACK

*Not original photo, of course, but my own LOLDog