GrapevineSooner
1/13/2008, 04:23 PM
38-17, Cowboys.

StoopTroup
1/13/2008, 04:28 PM
I think it will be close.

Newbomb Turk
1/13/2008, 04:48 PM
I think it will be close too - or a blowout.

Frozen Sooner
1/13/2008, 04:52 PM
I think it will be close too - or a blowout.

:D

Newbomb Turk
1/13/2008, 04:55 PM
I'm starting to lean towards blowout.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/13/2008, 05:01 PM
My co-worker has a theory that if one team scores way too early, that team gets too overconfident and the other team storms back and takes charge. See Ohio State in the last two BCS title games as a perfect example.
So, as a Cowboy fan, I'm not too worried right now.

Newbomb Turk
1/13/2008, 05:12 PM
if so, things need to change pretty soon.

Newbomb Turk
1/13/2008, 05:24 PM
I don't think you can overturn that one.

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 05:28 PM
Teams that score first are 1-6 in the playoffs so far; weird stat for sure

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 05:30 PM
Nice to see Barber finally where he belongs in the starting backfield; he's a helluva lot better than Jones

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 05:31 PM
BTW, i can't stand that whining bitch Eli either

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 06:14 PM
Boy that's some great defense right there; let's only rush 4 and play a prevent and let them go right at Jacques Reeves; BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 06:15 PM
Am i the only one still watching?

Newbomb Turk
1/13/2008, 06:17 PM
NO.

fricking Dallas defense, letting them score there really hurts.

sanantoniosooner
1/13/2008, 06:17 PM
Am i the only one still watching?
Predator and Zoolander were on other channels.

Maybe people can catch the second half of this snoozer.;)

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 06:22 PM
NO.

fricking Dallas defense, letting them score there really hurts.
Needed to blitz on that drive; even Eli can complete passes with no one in his face

Newbomb Turk
1/13/2008, 06:23 PM
Needed to blitz on that drive; even Eli can complete passes with no one in his face

agree.

and how good have these playoff games been?!

StormySooner-IN
1/13/2008, 07:09 PM
Play Clock = OWNED.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/13/2008, 07:10 PM
Play Clock = OWNED.
That could fire up the Cowboys right there. You don't do that kind of stuff in another team's house. At least he didn't knock off one of the stars on the wall like the Lions WR did last year.

Newbomb Turk
1/13/2008, 07:17 PM
Giants - getting pressure on Romo.

Cowboys - not on Manning.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/13/2008, 07:39 PM
Cowboys get the ball back with two minutes left. Now we'll see if Tony Romo is indeed a Favre or an Elway in the making.

StormySooner-IN
1/13/2008, 07:49 PM
Intercepted!

Tough luck Cowboy fans, you had a great season.

Just blame Jessica Simpson :D

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 07:51 PM
well that was a great way to finish the season; complete choke job all around, but kudos to Marion Barber cause he was the only guy on offense that showed up today.

StoopTroup
1/13/2008, 07:53 PM
On to Jerry World.

GrapevineSooner
1/13/2008, 07:54 PM
Marion and Tony showed up today.

Unfortunately, they were let down by a ****-poor effort on defense early on and at the end of the first half. To their credit, they got it together and gave the offense two shots in the 4th to win it and the offensive line folded and the wide receiving corps did little else to help them out.

Unbelievable.

Just call us the 'One and Done City' of choke jobs.

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 07:56 PM

Unfortunately, they were let down by a ****-poor effort on defense early on and at the end of the first half. To their credit, they got it together and gave the offense two shots in the 4th to win it and the offensive line folded and the wide receiving corps did little else to help them out.

Unbelievable.

I still don't see how Flozell false start Adams made the Pro Bowl; the guy is freakin' lazy

Newbomb Turk
1/13/2008, 07:56 PM
agree with Grapevine - two keys to the game:

1 - the Giant TD at the end of the 1st half.
2 - the offensive line not being able to protect Romo in the 2nd half.

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 07:57 PM

Unbelievable.

The game was lost at the end of the first half, and i blame the coaching staff for laying back and letting Eli have time to throw the ball; also, why is Jacques Reeves starting at the one corner where Newman usually is? Is Newman still hurt? They picked on him all freaking day long:mad:

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 07:58 PM
agree with Grapevine - two keys to the game:

1 - the Giant TD at the end of the 1st half.
2 - the offensive line not being able to protect Romo in the 2nd half.
Yeah, that TD was totally inexcusable; you should never let anyone drive 65 yards in less than 45 seconds to score a TD. Also, one key that i haven't heard anyone mention is how poor Nick Folk is on kickoffs; the short kicks have given up good field position all season long and it really bit them in the *** today

GrapevineSooner
1/13/2008, 08:00 PM
If Dallas goes into the half with a 14-7 lead, they probably go on to win the game.

If you let a team that really has no business being in the game hang around long enough, bad things will happen.

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 08:02 PM
If Dallas goes into the half with a 14-7 lead, they probably go on to win the game.

If you let a team that really has no business being in the game hang around long enough, bad things will happen.
U r correct; reminds me of the Chan Gailey years

GrapevineSooner
1/13/2008, 08:06 PM
Speaking of Gailey, out of the last three teams in NFL Playoff history that have avenged regular season sweeps, two of the three beat the Cowboys.

85sooners
1/13/2008, 08:16 PM
:mad:

AllAboutThe'O'
1/13/2008, 08:17 PM
This sucks and all, but I'd rather get beat in the first round of the playoffs than go 5-11 and get beat by an expansion team in their very first game. I do wonder if today's game is the Cowboy fans' version of The Game That Which We Do Not Speak Of...?

GrapevineSooner
1/13/2008, 08:19 PM
Anytime anybody picks against any team that I root for (outside of the Red Sox for obvious reasons), I'm not going to question it.

Just about every single team I root for has something to prove now.

StormySooner-IN
1/13/2008, 08:21 PM
Anytime anybody picks against any team that I root for (outside of the Red Sox for obvious reasons), I'm not going to question it.

Just about every single team I root for has something to prove now.Ditto.

OU...
Colts...
Indians...
Cavs....

GrapevineSooner
1/13/2008, 08:26 PM
Ditto.

OU...
Colts...
Indians...
Cavs....

Disagree on the Indians and Cavs, even though the Indians lost the ALCS after holding a 3-1 lead in the series.

In their case, I think it was more about the Red Sox just taking the series away from Cleveland than any choke job.

And the Cavs overcame a 2-0 lead in the Eastern Conference Finals to beat Detroit. Once they matched up against the Spurs in the Finals, they were simply up against a much better and much more experienced team. There was no shame in Lebron and company losing to San Antonio last spring.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/13/2008, 08:33 PM
Ditto.

OU...
Colts...
Indians...
Cavs....
At least the Colts can still be called the defending Super Bowl champs for three more weeks. You got your title last year, so today's loss shouldn't get you down.
Unfortunately, the two teams that had the best chance to beat the Patriots both got knocked off today, so I'm afraid we're going to have to deal with Belichick, Brady, Moss, Bob Kraft, Bruschi, Wes Welker, etc., hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 09:00 PM
I don't understand why the Cowboys didn't try to get Romo out of the pocket more to avoid the pass rush; he looked like a deer in the headlights once he started getting hit, and with his mobility you would think they would have tried to move him around; IMO, the Cowboys got severely out-coached today by Tom Coughlin, and i didn't think that was possible

Frozen Sooner
1/13/2008, 09:22 PM
Man, who'd have thunk that Eli would be the Manning in the conference championship game? :D

Although it's not going to happen, how great would a Giants-Chargers Super Bowl be? All those great subplots from the draft-day trade of Manning for Rivers...

MextheBulldog
1/13/2008, 09:41 PM
Eli in a snowstorm. Should be fun.

Well.......was this season a success for the Cowboys?

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 09:44 PM
Eli in a snowstorm. Should be fun.

Well.......was this season a success for the Cowboys?
Nope, i could have even called it a success with a loss to Green Bay next week, but not losing to the mediocre Giants

GrapevineSooner
1/13/2008, 09:45 PM
When you consider this team still hasn't won a playoff game since January of 1997, the answer is no.

This team had everything all mapped out for them to get to Glendale and they blew it.

StoopTroup
1/14/2008, 02:22 AM
No way the Giants make it past Green Bay.