PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Area Restaurants

r5TPsooner
1/11/2008, 09:12 PM
Taking the kids to the Oklahoma Aquarium over the weekend and would like some child friendly restaurants that serve good food for mom and dad. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Also, is Wooodland Hills Mall worth the damn or are there better alternatives?

Chipotle is already on the lunch menu for tomorrow.

bri
1/11/2008, 09:15 PM
As much as I hate it, Woodland Hills is the best mall.

StoopTroup
1/11/2008, 09:33 PM
Brothers Hooligan Restaurant - 15th St east of Lewis.

Whet
1/11/2008, 09:37 PM
Jamil's on 51st, between Lewis and Harvard.

JohnnyMack
1/11/2008, 09:54 PM
If you want Kid-Friendly the Los Cabos is right down the street from the Aquarium and has a little bit of shopping connected to it.

Or if you'd like to try and wrap up "Dad of the Year" honors early, take them here: http://www.incrediblepizza.com/

soonerinabilene
1/11/2008, 10:02 PM
Did they open Casa Bonita back up?

JohnnyMack
1/11/2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah, it's called Casa Viva now. Haven't dared venture in yet.

tulsaoilerfan
1/11/2008, 10:05 PM
There's an outback steakhouse in Jenks also; that's some damn good eating right there and the kids menu is reasonably priced

soonerinabilene
1/11/2008, 10:06 PM
i dont remember if the food was really that great or if the place was great because I was a kid, but every summer when I would visit my grandparents in Skiatook, we would go there, and I loved it. When I heard it shut down, I was shocked. What was the reason behind all that anyway?

Petro-Sooner
1/11/2008, 10:07 PM
Is casa bonita anygood? Same?

sooneron
1/11/2008, 10:07 PM
Uh.... hello!!!!????

Cloud Nine?

Mjcpr
1/11/2008, 10:40 PM

Didn't it already close........or no?

JohnnyMack
1/11/2008, 10:44 PM
Uh.... hello!!!!????

Cloud Nine?

They do have the legs & eggs breakfast.

Hamhock
1/11/2008, 10:44 PM
red robin

JohnnyMack
1/11/2008, 10:45 PM
Didn't it already close........or no?

I dunno, I don't go over to them parts much anymore.

<obligatory>I miss Crystal's</obligatory>

Okla-homey
1/12/2008, 08:28 AM
I'd go for the daily double. After looking at fish at the 'quarium, roll to BA and hit the Bass Pro Shop complex and eat seafood in its attached fish house.

http://www.fishcompany.com/locations_brokenarrow.aspx

you can even crash the wedding being held inside the store today.

January 12, 2008
Bass Pro Shops Wedding
Bass Pro Shop of Broken Arrow is pleased to announce the first wedding ever to be held at Bass Pro Shops in Broken Arrow.

Rhonda Bishop and Carlos Lockhead are happy to announce their wedding at Bass Pro Shops in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. The wedding will be held on January 12, 2008 at 2:00pm in front of the Fish Aquarium. Rhonda and Carlos welcomes every one to attend their special day.

OU-HSV
1/12/2008, 09:15 AM
Casa Viva is not very good

We eat at Los Cabos often. Especially the one in Broken Arrow (since that's where we live). But on my lunchbreak sometimes I eat at the Los Cabos on the river next to the Aquarium. Great place to eat.
Not sure how old your kids are, but I know the Los Cabos in B.A. has a clown that walks around and makes animals and stuff out of balloons. The Los Cabos on the river might too.

Partial Qualifier
1/12/2008, 09:32 AM
Taking the kids to the Oklahoma Aquarium

we're heading there today :)

JohnnyMack
1/12/2008, 10:39 AM
I'd go for the daily double. After looking at fish at the 'quarium, roll to BA and hit the Bass Pro Shop complex and eat seafood in its attached fish house.

http://www.fishcompany.com/locations_brokenarrow.aspx

you can even crash the wedding being held inside the store today.

That's why Tulsa rules. You have to go to Jenks and Broken Arrow to get that accomplished. Heh.

mikeelikee
1/12/2008, 12:48 PM
Albert G's BBQ. On S. Harvard at about 28th St. It's in an old service station, and the owner is a big Sooner fan. There's a picture on the wall of him with Bob Stoops, and another one of him with Toby Keith.

r5TPsooner
1/14/2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks everyone. We had a great time in Tulsa and I must admit, that I will never curse at Memorial Road again because your 61st Street that runs in front of the mall was as crowded as I've seen anyplace in the state of Oklahoma. I swear it would takes us 10 minutes to go 1/2 a mile.

Chipotle was good but VERY small. Maybe the smallest Chipotle that I've ever been in. Woodlands Hills Mall is pretty nice and I found a couple of nice sports coats at Dillards that I couldn't find here that were a steal for a Ralph Lauren brand!

Took the kids to the Warren Duck Club as we stayed at the Double Tree Hotel at Warren Place. My son was waaaaay to young for that place, so we ended up having our dinner room serviced. The dinner cost us more than the hotel did.:eek:

The Oklahoma Aquarium was nice but I expected a little more for the price of admission. Still, a nice place to take the kids that's somewhat educational and fun for adults as well.

We finished the day eating at Los Cabos... good food and excellent service. Definitely an eat at again type of place.

BTW, what is Cheddars like and that fish restaurant on 61st like?

Thanks again.

LilSooner
1/14/2008, 01:06 PM
Both are pretty darn good. Cheddars reminds me of a better chili's (same kind of food). The fish place is really good. They have a great lobster bisque.

bri
1/14/2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah, 71st Street is the ninth circle of Hell. I avoid it whenever possible. Luckily, we have slightly smaller, crappier versions of almost everything found on 71st around 41st. :D

Boomer.....
1/14/2008, 02:08 PM
Fish Daddy's is a great restaurant. The fish tacos RMFO and they are plenty big enough to split. They also have $2.49 big margaritas all-day every-day. I think both it and Cheddar's are owned by the same people.

71st is teh devil!

SwitzerFan
1/14/2008, 02:15 PM
Casa Viva is not very good

We eat at Los Cabos often. Especially the one in Broken Arrow (since that's where we live). But on my lunchbreak sometimes I eat at the Los Cabos on the river next to the Aquarium. Great place to eat.
Not sure how old your kids are, but I know the Los Cabos in B.A. has a clown that walks around and makes animals and stuff out of balloons. The Los Cabos on the river might too.

Although I agree that Casa Viva (Casa Bonita) is not very good, I think it is a little better after the original owner took over again and renamed it Casa Viva. I am torn on this place. When I was a kid it was the best place and food. I have many great memories about it. However, has the food gone downhill, or have I just grown up and had better? Something I ponder. Thoughts? :)

JohnnyMack
1/14/2008, 02:20 PM
BTW, what is Cheddars like and that fish restaurant on 61st like?

I for one do not understand the phenomenon that is Cheddars. I've eaten there two, maybe three times in the last 8 years and always think it's a C/C+ kind of restaurant. I don't get why it is perpetually packed.

bri
1/14/2008, 02:21 PM
You grew up.

Even back in the late 80's-early 90's my friends and I referred to Bonita as "sh*t 'n' chips".

frankensooner
1/14/2008, 02:59 PM
My best friend in grade school got food poisoning there back in the mid-70's ;) It was always bad. It was a cool place to go back in the day though.

I also loved Kips Big Boy but it is gone now too.

When we would come to OKC when I was a kid, we would always eat a Crystals. That place RAWKED.

tommieharris91
1/14/2008, 03:27 PM
71st street sux. Los Cabos is teh amazings. Cheddars is also very good.

IB4OU2
1/14/2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah, 71st Street is the ninth circle of Hell. I avoid it whenever possible. Luckily, we have slightly smaller, crappier versions of almost everything found on 71st around 41st. :D

Agreed helltown succs....and we can only afford the resturaunts around midtown and Utica square. :( ;)

M
1/14/2008, 11:14 PM
When we would come to OKC when I was a kid, we would always eat a Crystals. That place RAWKED.

I have a scar on my forehead from the carousel at Crystal's, so I will be forever reminded of its total dominance.

MrJimBeam
1/15/2008, 07:18 AM
Los Cabos is teh amazings.
I always prefered Senor Teqailas, but I'm old school.

Boomer.....
1/15/2008, 08:17 AM
Los Cabos is easily one of the best, if not the best messican restaurant in the area.

bri
1/15/2008, 10:38 AM
I always prefered Senor Teqailas, but I'm old school.

Dang, man. I grew up in Pryor, going to the El Royal, and Senior Tequila's is still hands-down the worst Mexican place I've ever eaten at. Well, attempted to eat, at least.

Gah.

IB4OU2
1/15/2008, 10:45 AM
Ricardo's is really, really good. Try their chili relleno's.

Oldnslo
1/15/2008, 10:46 AM
Cancun, a dump on 8th and Lewis, pwns all messican.

JohnnyMack
1/15/2008, 10:47 AM
You guys ever tried that Mexican place at 45th & Peoria behind the QT? Great carnitas.

OklahomaTuba
1/15/2008, 10:51 AM
I found the best ribs in town @ Red Rock Canyon Grill.

Even the damn bones taste good.

OklahomaTuba
1/15/2008, 10:52 AM
And if yer in Owasso towne, get your *** into Adolinis. Its a great little Italian place that is super cheap.