PDA

View Full Version : Hey OU Journalism major guy, what's your take on this?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/11/2008, 04:08 PM
O’Reilly: Fox Vandalized, Attacked

Friday, January 11, 2008 12:10 PM

By: Jim Meyers Article from Newsmax

Bill O’Reilly says all Fox News employees are now “cautious” after several run-ins during coverage of the New Hampshire primary that were fueled by “anti-Fox hatred.”

In his syndicated column out this week, O’Reilly described attacks on Fox that border on violence.

“I saw the anti-Fox hatred first-hand when I traveled to New Hampshire. Fox News vehicles have been vandalized; FNC reporters cursed; and all Fox News personnel are cautious,” the cable news star writes.

O’Reilly also detailed in his column an encounter he had at a Barack Obama rally, which was aired on “The O’Reilly Factor.” O’Reilly described an Obama staffer’s attempt to block his camera crew “a blatant assault on press freedom.”

O’Reilly says the anger towards Fox is due to the network’s ratings success, which has created “a bitterness unprecedented in the U.S. press.

“So it comes as no surprise that Fox News, which gives equal time to conservative thought, is despised by many in the liberal press."

O’Reilly said that Democratic presidential candidates have refused to take part in debates sponsored by Fox News because “the far-left Web crazies told them to do it. Sites like the Daily Kos and Media Matters made it clear to the Democrats that anyone dealing with Fox would be punished.”

O’Reilly added: “Note that the GOP candidates haven’t played that game, appearing on ultra-liberal MSNBC and every other news network.”

MSNBC has also been in O’Reilly’s crosshairs.

Parent company GE was featured on "The O’Reilly Factor" Thursday night, including allegations the conglomerate went easy on the bin Laden family after the Sept. 11 attacks. GE has done business with the bin Laden family.

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

JohnnyMack
1/11/2008, 04:31 PM
Here's some of Ron Paul's jerkoffs acting like morons towards Fox:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1d4_1199722032&p=1

JohnnyMack
1/11/2008, 04:36 PM
This Ron Paul "movement" is letting all the kooks come out to play.

Rhino
1/11/2008, 04:42 PM
O'Reilly left out the part where he shoved the Obama staffer and had to be confronted by the Secret Service.

sanantoniosooner
1/11/2008, 04:49 PM
I thought that was Bobby Jack Wright.

OKC-SLC
1/11/2008, 04:55 PM
heh.

JohnnyMack
1/11/2008, 05:20 PM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gyXVIfZ2F2CTuuxH3_93vuTP-ywwD8TVUGT80

RLIMC,

How about you tell the WHOLE story, not just the one slanted to make your beloved Orly look like the poor mistreated one?

crawfish
1/11/2008, 05:40 PM
Hopefully this will be cleared up soon so they can continue to safely slant the news to meet the whims of their owners. :)

OklahomaTuba
1/11/2008, 06:11 PM
So the libz can't compete on TV & Radio anymore, so they must resort to intimidation now? Nice.

Gotta love how some think shoving someone out of their way is equal to their own never ending campaign of hate against a a TV station.

1/11/2008, 07:34 PM
So the libz can't compete on TV & Radio anymore, so they must resort to intimidation now? Nice.

Gotta love how some think shoving someone out of their way is equal to their own never ending campaign of hate against a a TV station.
Vandalizing vehicles is always an effective way to discuss things, too.

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 07:51 PM

he still hasn't shoved AD!!!!!

Ardmore_Sooner
1/11/2008, 08:40 PM
I'm a journalism major at OU, and I think this crap is wrong anyway it goes. Fox is slanted towards the right, this is known. Every other outlet is slanted towards the left, this is also known.

To do these things, IMHO, is un-American. Freedom of Press is clearly stated in the constitution and to try to stop it goes against such things.

Me personally, I hate watching the news on TV. If I even watch it, I will watch multiple stations just to get a general feel of what's going on. Some people on here will attack O'Reilly and Fox and some will attack the liberal media. What I think really matters is that all this crap really goes against the constitution.

SleestakSooner
1/11/2008, 09:10 PM
I'm a journalism major at OU, and I think this crap is wrong anyway it goes. Fox is slanted towards the right, this is known. Every other outlet is slanted towards the left, this is also known.

To do these things, IMHO, is un-American. Freedom of Press is clearly stated in the constitution and to try to stop it goes against such things.

Me personally, I hate watching the news on TV. If I even watch it, I will watch multiple stations just to get a general feel of what's going on. Some people on here will attack O'Reilly and Fox and some will attack the liberal media. What I think really matters is that all this crap really goes against the constitution.

"NEWS" is no longer just the facts. It has almost all come to be op/ed slanted takes on reality. The unfortunate part is if you refuse to spin it their way, good luck finding work and keeping a job as a legitimate journalist in today's market.

Ardmore_Sooner
1/11/2008, 09:24 PM
Oh I'm a public relations major so odds are I'll never wind up working with a slanted "news" organization.

JohnnyMack
1/11/2008, 09:39 PM
Vandalizing vehicles is always an effective way to discuss things, too.

Can you show me proof that anyone directly connected with the Obama campaign vandalized anything?

Now I'll give you that some Obama supporter might have done it, and that was still wrong, but show me some evidence that anyone directly connected with Obama ordered or carried out the vandalism.

Ardmore_Sooner
1/11/2008, 11:57 PM
And this stupid left/right debate will never end. I wish we had a TRUE third party in this country. :rolleyes:

1/12/2008, 12:56 AM
Can you show me proof that anyone directly connected with the Obama campaign vandalized anything?

Now I'll give you that some Obama supporter might have done it, and that was still wrong, but show me some evidence that anyone directly connected with Obama ordered or carried out the vandalism.Heck, somebody above(was it you?) even said they thought it was Ron Paul's people, at an Obama rally.

NormanPride
1/12/2008, 10:14 AM
Who cares? Some rightwing nutjob gets shafted by a leftwing nutjob at a Democratic event? Man, I'm glad that we have something to get mad about now. Who knows what we would have done without this.

JohnnyMack
1/12/2008, 10:38 AM
Heck, somebody above(was it you?) even said they thought it was Ron Paul's people, at an Obama rally.

No, I didn't. I posted a video showing Ron Paul supporters acting in a very inappropriate manner towards Sean Hannity. At no point did I link Ron Paul's people to Obama's people. If you had any proof to back up your claims, I might take what you post more seriously.

1/12/2008, 10:49 AM
No, I didn't. I posted a video showing Ron Paul supporters acting in a very inappropriate manner towards Sean Hannity. At no point did I link Ron Paul's people to Obama's people. If you had any proof to back up your claims, I might take what you post more seriously.What claims am I making that you think I need some proof about?