PDA

View Full Version : Weird jOklahoman user comment - BJW/Tennell?

KRYPTON
1/11/2008, 08:43 AM
From the Oklahoman article on Kelly going pro, beneath, in the subscriber comments:

"There are a bunch or rumors flying around (some by people inside the program) that there is a huge problem between the staff (Bobby Jack Wright in general) and players over the sideline incedent between BJW and Adron Tennell. From what some are saying, MK could just be the tip of the iceberg and Lofton, Reggie, and Duke might leave because of the problems caused by BJW. I'm sure we'll hear more about this because it's not something that will just go away unless there is some serious fence mending.
bob, flower mound - Jan 11, 2008 2:06 AM"

1. What incident between BJW and Tennell?

2. If this is true, and given our stellar (!) secondary performance, why is BJW still on the staff?

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2008, 09:12 AM
WTF??!??!??

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 09:42 AM
If players are yelling at the coach or getting into arguements with coaches you get rid of the player not the coach.

OklahomaTuba
1/11/2008, 10:03 AM
Amen.

They should go pro and try yelling at an NFL coach, and see what happens to them.

okiediva
1/11/2008, 10:42 AM
No player yelled at a coach. At all.

The_Red_Patriot
1/11/2008, 10:43 AM
You have a point but there are exceptions such as what if the coach is being a total dick?

Part of coaching is earning trust, confidence, respect, relationships etc...with your players. I have seen alot of times on all levels of this kind of thing happening. Your players have to WANT to play for you and they know if your BS or not.

Tulsa Union went through this in 06 with their new coach from out of state. Guy comes in and changes the whole system and treats the remaining staff and players like dirt. He didn't respect what had been done before him and Union had a sub par year. People around the community had heard this as players began to talk to their parents.

At the end of the year the coach asked the players to take a pole if they wanted him back...... their answer was no.

We have seen it Norman....Smellsofbourbon, Blake, Winder to name a few.

Im not blaming anyone because this is probrably total BS.

Just saying don't be so quick to defend a coach.

Sometimes its their fault in these situations.

sooneron
1/11/2008, 10:44 AM
I'm sure that a guy from Flower Mound, TX has his finger on the pulse of the team.

TheUnnamedSooner
1/11/2008, 10:44 AM
Isn't Tennell a WR?

okiediva
1/11/2008, 10:47 AM
Yes Pooh is a WR but he was not dressed out during the Fiesta bowl as he is still recovering from his ACL repair.

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 10:51 AM
You have a point but there are exceptions such as what if the coach is being a total dick?

Part of coaching is earning trust, confidence, respect, relationships etc...with your players. I have seen alot of times on all levels of this kind of thing happening. Your players have to WANT to play for you and they know if your BS or not.

Tulsa Union went through this in 06 with their new coach from out of state. Guy comes in and changes the whole system and treats the remaining staff and players like dirt. He didn't respect what had been done before him and Union had a sub par year. People around the community had heard this as players began to talk to their parents.

At the end of the year the coach asked the players to take a pole if they wanted him back...... their answer was no.

We have seen it Norman....Smellsofbourbon, Blake, Winder to name a few.

Im not blaming anyone because this is probrably total BS.

Just saying don't be so quick to defend a coach.

Sometimes its their fault in these situations.

I've never had a football or wrestling coach that at times couldn't be a total dick I was never under the impression that it was my place to yell back or start arguing with them. Same thing goes for the USMC, there were a lot of people who could be total dicks but I wasn't yelling and arguing with them.

I don't think it was as bad as some want to make it out to be. Mike Stoops routinely got into it with players, like Ontei Jones, and Calmus.

okiediva
1/11/2008, 10:54 AM
There is a difference between yelling and shoving repeatedly, jmo

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 10:56 AM
There is a difference between yelling and shoving repeatedly, jmo

coaches do that all the time too.

okiediva
1/11/2008, 10:58 AM
Yes...I want to see my coach repeatedly shoving a player that isnt even in pads..over and over until he falls into another player sitting on the bench who is also injured...NICE.

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 11:02 AM
so out of the blue for no reason, in the middle of a BCS game that the defense is getting torched in, BJW decides you know what I'm going to go find Pooh Tennell a WR and just shove the crap out him for no reason at all.

After that I think he was looking for Hartley to deliver a spinning back kick.

okiediva
1/11/2008, 11:07 AM
Did I say that? No. I just said that I dont want my coaches doing what BJW did. Again, thats my opinion. You have one as well and are welcome to it.

Animal Mother
1/11/2008, 11:09 AM
I'm sure that a guy from Flower Mound, TX has his finger on the pulse of the team.

That sounds like some OSU fan saying to an OU fan "I'll bet you never set foot in an OU classroom" I set foot in several classrooms, slept in more than that before dropping out and I live about 10 miles from Flower Mound.
I also heard a very similar statement about coaches and players from an equipment salesman that said it happened at practice and it was Kelly and BJW that were about to dust up. Sounds like some real bovine scatteration.
Geez!!! I have lived here too long when I use "dust up" and "scatteration" in the same post

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 11:11 AM
Did I say that? No. I just said that I dont want my coaches doing what BJW did. Again, thats my opinion. You have one as well and are welcome to it.

Is BJW your coach?

okiediva
1/11/2008, 11:14 AM
Lets be real. I am an OU supporter / donor. When I say my coach you know what I mean. OU is my team. My boys. No need to be a smartass unless thats just your nature.

colleyvillesooner
1/11/2008, 11:14 AM
You seem to know alot about this incident...

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 11:18 AM
Lets be real. I am an OU supporter / donor. When I say my coach you know what I mean. OU is my team. My boys. No need to be a smartass unless thats just your nature.

it's just my nature, sorry I didn't realize I was dealing with a Donor :eek:

jk the sooner fan

EXACTLY what did he do

i dont think you've said anything other than implied something that we're supposed to figure out

OKC-SLC
So srsly, what actually happened between BJW and Tennell?

(And something tells me a player's decision whether to go pro or not is based on actual things that matter--like money, security, etc. Players don't go pro because of a difference in philosophy from a position coach.)

okiediva
1/11/2008, 11:19 AM
it's just my nature, sorry I didn't realize I was dealing with a Donor :eek:

Yes I can see..your nature..apparent.

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 11:20 AM

(And something tells me a player's decision whether to go pro or not is based on actual things that matter--like money, security, etc. Players don't go pro because of a difference in philosophy from a position coach.)

no shiite why would Duke and Loadholdt be effected by what BJW does, or Kelly?

okiediva
1/11/2008, 11:21 AM

Some people are insuinating that one of the reasons Curtis is leaning towards the NFL is due to some issues with coaches. I do not know that for sure but I dont see how one incident alone would send him that way. Maybe several incidents over time..or possibly the direction of the D..who knows...hopefully Curtis stays.

OUmillenium
1/11/2008, 11:23 AM
heresay

smoke = fire?

OKC-SLC
1/11/2008, 11:23 AM
Some people are insuinating that one of the reasons Curtis is leaning towards the NFL is due to some issues with coaches. I do not know that for sure but I dont see how one incident alone would send him that way. Maybe several incidents over time..or possibly the direction of the D..who knows...hopefully Curtis stays.
I can understand if a player is frustrated with coaches, and I can understand that that might push him a little bit.

But I could put up with just about anything for the chance to increase my income by millions. But that's just me.

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 11:25 AM

you said you don't want "your" coaches acting and doing what BJW did, What is it he did?

OKC-SLC
1/11/2008, 11:25 AM
And another thing, this is a player that was just named Big 12 D player of the year. And he's not making the huge plays because he's necessarily the most physically gifted, although he is certainly that and a great player. Perhaps his coaches have a clue. You know, the coaches who have said repeatedly that he's the best player at LB they've had.

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 11:31 AM
Yes...I want to see my coach repeatedly shoving a player that isnt even in pads..over and over until he falls into another player sitting on the bench who is also injured...NICE.

Is that what you saw.

a repeat shover, I heard he likes to hang out at hospitals, so he has access to plenty of injured people that he can shove. :D

okiediva
1/11/2008, 11:34 AM
That is what I was told by the player. That is also what I was told by the player he was pushed into.

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 11:36 AM
That is what I was told by the player. That is also what I was told by the player he was pushed into.

so you didn't see it, I'm sure there was a reason.

You're a donor and you hang out and shoot the **** with the players? Something smells fishy to me about your story.

okiediva
1/11/2008, 11:37 AM
Sure Pooh said something to a WVU player that laid a late hit on the sidelines. He shouldnt have. On the same thought BJW should have kept his hands off him.

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 11:41 AM
Sure Pooh said something to a WVU player that laid a late hit on the sidelines. He shouldnt have. On the same thought BJW should have kept his hands off him.

I'm sure all Pooh did was holler OU rulez or take that punk in such an innocent way that set BJW into the alleged shoving frenzy.

Don't do stupid stuff and you don't get shoved. You're playing DI football and you're worried about getting shoved. Must have been a hard shove. So hard it almost took out 2 players.

SoonerTerry
1/11/2008, 11:43 AM

I could use a new liver

okiediva
1/11/2008, 11:43 AM
Where was bjw to shove around the all holy AD during the mizzou game when he SHOVED a player? Again..Pooh shouldnt have said what he did to the WVU player...and BJW should learn to keep his hands to himself.

okiediva
1/11/2008, 11:44 AM
I could use a new liver

I will keep you on my list.:P

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 11:45 AM
Where was bjw to shove around the all holy AD during the mizzou game when he SHOVED a player? Again..Pooh shouldnt have said what he did to the WVU player...and BJW should learn to keep his hands to himself.

you tell me you're the donor who talks to players. :rolleyes:

Rhino
1/11/2008, 11:47 AM
Adron said some things he shouldn't have to a WVU player when the play went into the OU bench. BJW got after him (rightfully so) and may have overreacted in some eyes, but you can bet Adron doesn't do that again. Most of the players on the team don't see it as big of a deal as some fans do.

It's obvious that this year's team lacked a lot of discipline. Personal fouls are the most glaring example of that. If BJW getting after Tennell helps drive the point home to all our players that they need to be more disciplined - especially to players not even in the play (or suited up), then I'm all for it.

okiediva
Anyone who donates for season tickets is considered a donor. And there is no conflict for a season ticket holder to talk to players.

OKC-SLC
AD doesn't get shoved. When you push him, he rotates the earth the other way by a foot or two.

okiediva
1/11/2008, 11:48 AM
Rhino...you really feel that Adron is part of the problem? Where was all this attitude problem talk over ADs SHOVING the mizzou player?

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 11:49 AM
Anyone who donates for season tickets is considered a donor. And there is no conflict for a season ticket holder to talk to players.

didn't apply that it was wrong, just weird.

okiediva
1/11/2008, 11:50 AM
Weird that I have known some of the players for years? Even before they were at OU? Im not that old. Closer to the players ages then not.

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 11:51 AM
I could use a new liver

I'd give you mine but it's damaged due to repeat shoving.

it really ticks me off that I got shoved and nobody shoved AD!!!!

that's not fair. :cry:

SoonerTerry
1/11/2008, 11:52 AM
AD doesn't get shoved. When you push him, he rotates the earth the other way by a foot or two.

Thats pure gold.. and true

okiediva
1/11/2008, 11:53 AM

Maybe you should take it to BJW..he seems to be all heart.

SoonerTerry
1/11/2008, 11:54 AM

Mine should be damaged due to repeated shoving....

of booze down my neck

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 11:57 AM
Maybe you should take it to BJW..he seems to be all heart.

well he didn't shove AD so that shows a little compasion right?

OKC-SLC
1/11/2008, 11:58 AM

If you had declared after your junior year, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Rhino
1/11/2008, 11:59 AM
Rhino...you really feel that Adron is part of the problem? Where was all this attitude problem talk over ADs SHOVING the mizzou player? Was he jawing at a WVU player? Did he say something inappropriate? Then, yes, his actions are apart of the problem.

okiediva
1/11/2008, 12:00 PM
Did you feel AD was part of the problem as well?

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 12:02 PM
will someone please go to Minnesota and shove AD, so we can make things right!!!!

okiediva
1/11/2008, 12:03 PM
Dont think AD should have been repeatedly shoved either. Trying to understand why it was ok for AD to SHOVE the Mizzou player but not okay for Adron to mouth off to the WVU player...

Rhino
1/11/2008, 12:05 PM
Did you feel AD was part of the problem as well? I don't remember OU having a personal foul problem that year.

What does it matter? Adron screwed up. He felt BJW's wrath. They both did things they probably shouldn't have. It's a heat of the moment thing - it doesn't need to constantly be blown out of proportion.

OKC-SLC
1/11/2008, 12:06 PM
Did you feel AD was part of the problem as well?
While I understand the point you're trying to make, AD has nothing to do with this year's Fiesta Bowl.

Did BJW high five AD after the pushing of the mizzou player? Was he even nearby to have the opportunity to 'punish' AD as he did Tennell? Your friends on the team need to grow some chones.

No wonder we got smoked in the fiesta bowl. We've got kindergarteners on the team crying because all the juice was taken and the only think left for snacktime was white milk.

OUTromBoNado
I don't remember personal fouls being called after every play last year. I know players jaw a lot at the opposing team. But this year, it seemed like after EVERY PLAY at least 2 or 3 of our guys were always in somebody's face. It happened on both sides of the ball. That indicates to me that discipline and restraint need to be reinforced team-wide.

Just sayin.....

okiediva
Oh..so its okay as long as OU isnt getting personal fouls..got you.

SoonerTerry
Dont think AD should have been repeatedly shoved either. Trying to understand why it was ok for AD to SHOVE the Mizzou player but not okay for Adron to mouth off to the WVU player...

Because Ad is TOWCDNW

The One Who Can Do No Wrong;)

okiediva
1/11/2008, 12:07 PM
While I understand the point you're trying to make, AD has nothing to do with this year's Fiesta Bowl.

Did BJW high five AD after the pushing of the mizzou player? Was he even nearby to have the opportunity to 'punish' AD as he did Tennell? Your friends on the team need to grow some chones.

No wonder we got smoked in the fiesta bowl. We've got kindergarteners on the team crying because all the juice was taken and the only think left for snacktime was white milk.

Let me clarify something. I am speaking for myself and myself only. My opinions are my own. By the way..Adron didnt play in the Fiesta bowl..you might want to check the players that were suited up and on the field.

OUTromBoNado
1/11/2008, 12:10 PM
Oh..so its okay as long as OU isnt getting personal fouls..got you.

No, it's not okay. But the fact that a sh!tload of personal fouls was called this year indicates that it's a team-wide issue whereas last year, maybe not so much.

OKC-SLC
1/11/2008, 12:11 PM
By the way..Adron didnt play in the Fiesta bowl..you might want to check the players that were suited up and on the field.
I know that. There is nothing in my post to indicate that he played. I am aware that there are playerS on the team upset with the BJW thing. I am not singling out Tennell.

Your I'm-a-donor-and-in-a-position-of-infinitely-better-knowledge-than-you schtick tires me.

SoonerLB
1/11/2008, 12:12 PM
"Mouth off to the WVU player" being the key here.
We don't need football players running their mouth, they are supposed to be running the football!

okiediva
1/11/2008, 12:12 PM
It makes no difference if I donate or not. I only pointed that out to answer a previous posters question. If you want to use that against me go ahead..but I have other issues that you could use that are much more fun.

OKC-SLC
1/11/2008, 12:15 PM
I have other issues that you could use that are much more fun.
Really? Let's hear 'em!

;)

Seamus
1/11/2008, 12:15 PM
:pop:

Rhino
1/11/2008, 12:16 PM
Enough.