PDA

View Full Version : We need this here in Oklahoma!

setem
1/11/2008, 02:44 AM
All American Football League (http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/aboutus.php)

The players must have used up their college eligibility and have earned a degree in order to play in the league.

The Arkansas team is made up of UofA, UCA and Arkansas Tech players.

We could have football year round and we could see Sooner players forever!!!

Only problem is the field! I would not want any damn pokes playing in our stadium!

God I am bored!!!

Crucifax Autumn
1/11/2008, 02:49 AM
More football is great, but only if it's full on NCAA style football with all the unpredictable excitement that keeps us watching.

Sooner_Bob
1/11/2008, 08:18 AM
I think Oklahoma could field a pretty competitive team of players from any of the colleges within the state.

AlabamaSooner
1/11/2008, 09:58 AM
I think it's a great idea and it really takes advantage of those states love for college football and its former players. The following is a great idea I think related to the league:

League teams will employ only those players who have both completed their college football eligibility and earned a four-year degree. This policy is expected to have a very positive impact on universities' NCAA Graduation Success Rate and their Academic Progress Rate. To the extent practical, graduates of host universities will play for the team hosted by their alma mater.

OKmanUbet
1/11/2008, 11:52 AM
This would be great, and I'm sure the people who they hired to coach these guys would be complete idiots, just like every other coach in the nation......

Just kidding, in all seriousness, it sounds interesting!

Rhino
1/11/2008, 12:39 PM
I looked through some of the players that tried out the other day:

Oklahoma: Bubba Moses, Terrance Simms, Moses Washington(walk-on)
Oklahoma State: D'Juan Woods, Shawn Willis, Seymore Shaw, Jon Holland
Texas: James Brown, Phillip Geiggar, Chad Stevens
Texas Tech: Johnny Mack
Baylor: Paul Moseley, Chedrick Ricks
Missouri: David Overstreet
Colorado: Mell Holliday
Kansas State: Carlos Alsup

Others: Eric Crouch (Nebraska), Tee Martin (Tennessee), Clint Stoerner (Arkansas), Chris Leak (Florida), Jackie Battle (Houston), Fred Russell (Iowa), AJ Nicholson (Florida State), Woody Dantzler (Clemson), Quincy Wilson (West Virginia) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2TTY9yNIyo)

They're holding their draft on January 25. Hope some OU players get selected.

setem
1/11/2008, 11:31 PM
I was a huge Bubba Moses fan! His last year at OU he lit the pokes up for about a trillion yards. Before that day we never really used him in the passing game. Guess who was in the stands that day watching? Our boy Jermain Gresham!!! Thank you Bubba for helping us pull one of the greatest TE OU has ever had!

SoonerBorn
1/12/2008, 12:30 PM
More football is great, but only if it's full on NCAA style football with all the unpredictable excitement that keeps us watching.

Yeah, without the BCS quasi-math and the NCAAs inconsistent punishments and generally overbearingness, I just don't know if it will hold my interest. :)

Purple Tiger
1/12/2008, 06:01 PM
All American Football League (http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/aboutus.php)

The players must have used up their college eligibility and have earned a degree in order to play in the league.

Only problem is the field! I would not want any damn pokes playing in our stadium!

God I am bored!!!

The OU players would probably return home to Texas.

Newbomb Turk
1/12/2008, 06:03 PM

the horse is dead.

srlsy.

StoopTroup
1/12/2008, 06:50 PM
Players must have a degree?

Hmmmm....That would sure thin out the NFL and NBA.

Whet
1/12/2008, 08:20 PM
One of the Board Members of this group is Jack Lengyel, the first (actually 2nd) head coach of the Thundering Herd, following the plane crash that wiped out the team. Also, in a recent movie, was played by some one from a university we don't speak.

Desert Sapper
1/12/2008, 08:31 PM

Sort of like your starting QB this year?

Rhino
1/24/2008, 12:17 PM
Oklahoma players are protected by Team Arkansas, so they get first shot at them. The only OU player protected by them so far is Antonio Perkins.

walkoffsooner
1/24/2008, 02:25 PM
I will coach the cheerleaders for free. They don't need a degree I will home school them.

BigRedJed
1/24/2008, 02:56 PM
JAMES BROWN??!?!

r5TPsooner
1/24/2008, 03:19 PM

God I am bored!!!

They actually found enough football players that received degrees from Arkansas colleges to form a team?
:D

BigRedJed
1/24/2008, 03:51 PM
JAMES BROWN??!?!

Scott D
1/24/2008, 04:50 PM
they're having some sort of draft party in Ann Arbor for the Michigan team.

BigRedJed
1/24/2008, 08:22 PM
JAMES BROWN??!?!

KC//CRIMSON
1/24/2008, 09:01 PM
Good luck with all that!

thanks,

'84 Oklahoma Outlaws

BIG_IKE
1/25/2008, 05:08 PM
This is kinda a cool...
It may even get exciting.
I must say its surprising that some of those guys are not in the NFL.

BigRedJed
1/25/2008, 05:09 PM
JAMES BROWN???!?!?

TopDawg
1/25/2008, 05:42 PM
Quincy Wilson (West Virginia) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2TTY9yNIyo)

That was the year (or the year after) West Virginia came onto my radar as a team I liked. That play cemented it. This year's Fiesta Bowl was bitter sweet. Much more bitter than sweet...but still...WVU's probably my second favorite CFB team.

Anyway...this other thing sounds pretty cool too.