PDA

View Full Version : If the SOONERS win the Big 12 in '08, will the Fiesta Bowl invite us again?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/10/2008, 04:25 PM
Gee, I sorta hope not. Have we EVAR won a Fiesta Bowl? I would rather we take a shot at a win in some other venue. I kinda doubt they want us back, anyway, after stinking up the turf 2 consecutive yrs.

OUmillenium
1/10/2008, 04:27 PM
Hope not.

Fiesta = Siesta for the Sooner players

1/10/2008, 04:28 PM
Hope not.

Fiesta = Siesta for the Sooner playersToo much Fiesta-not enough Bowl.

Collier11
1/10/2008, 04:29 PM
Gee, I sorta hope not. Have we EVAR won a Fiesta Bowl? I would rather we take a shot at a win in some other venue. I kinda doubt they want us back, anyway, after stinking up the turf 2 consecutive yrs.

They have to unless another bowl steps up and offers to invite us and it is approved by all conf leaders or we are in the natl title game

mxATVracer10
1/10/2008, 04:34 PM
They have to unless another bowl steps up and offers to invite us and it is approved by all conf leaders and the old fogie BCS committee or we are in the natl title game

This stuff with conferences being "tied" to certain bowls is teh suck:mad:

Collier11
1/10/2008, 04:40 PM

why do you think Illinois was in the rose bowl? Bowl tie-ins and conference max's are ridiculous!

SteelClip49
1/10/2008, 04:42 PM
I really wish the Big 12 could have the Orange Bowl tie in. It was like that with the Big 8 but then changed. ACC/Big East most of the time for the Orange.....boring!!!!!!!!!!

Big 12 is a better attraction for Miami.

Desert Sapper
1/10/2008, 04:52 PM

You do know that last year's Fiesta, contrary to what we all think, is widely regarded as one of the best games ever played, right? We gave up a ton of points, but we also scored a ton of points and only lost by 1 point in overtime on a gutsy call and a ridiculous gadget play. It never should have come to that, but...

Losing by 20+ in a bowl game has happened twice now. In GOWWDNS I and II. So, I guess the Orange Bowl shouldn't invite us back, either. That leaves Sugar and Rose.

Grimey
1/10/2008, 04:57 PM
If we go back, Granger better get that warrant cleared up first. Having him being led off the field in handcuffs could be slightly embarassing.

soonermix
1/10/2008, 05:00 PM
actually it is...
WHEN the sooners win the big 12....

and we will be in the national championship game...

so no the fiesta bowl will not invite us next year, but lets just say for one second we are not in the ncg then yes the fiesta bowl will invite us again.

1/10/2008, 05:15 PM
They have to unless another bowl steps up and offers to invite us and it is approved by all conf leaders or we are in the natl title gameI know this, and certainly hope another bowl will take us. I really DON'T particularly want to see us in a third consecutive Fiesta Bowl. Already, that makes me a little nervous.

Collier11
1/10/2008, 05:18 PM
I know this, and certainly hope another bowl will take us. I really DON'T particularly want to see us in a third consecutive Fiesta Bowl. Already, that makes me a little nervous.

Well if we would have been in the Orange this year like they tried, I feel we would have destroyed Va Tech!

Although I felt the same way about WVU also so...:confused:

hink4769
1/10/2008, 05:58 PM
We should just go undefeated next season so we goto the NC game.

Scott D
1/10/2008, 06:04 PM

Wait until 2010. Then the Fiesta will have a tie in with a Pac-10 representative instead of the Big-12 representative, since the Cotton Bowl will be for the Big-12 representative. The Big-10 can join the Big East in being a homeless conference.

hink4769
1/10/2008, 06:06 PM
Wait until 2010. Then the Fiesta will have a tie in with a Pac-10 representative instead of the Big-12 representative, since the Cotton Bowl will be for the Big-12 representative. The Big-10 can join the Big East in being a homeless conference.
Playing two games a year in Dallas might get dull after a few years.

MyT Oklahoma
1/10/2008, 07:03 PM
I think we beat Wyoming (like a drum) in the 1976 Fiesta Bowl on Christmas Day.

TUSooner
1/10/2008, 07:08 PM
Too much Fiesta-not enough Bowl.
:D

A Sooner in Texas
1/10/2008, 08:52 PM
I really wish the Big 12 could have the Orange Bowl tie in. It was like that with the Big 8 but then changed. ACC/Big East most of the time for the Orange.....boring!!!!!!!!!!

Big 12 is a better attraction for Miami.

Time to change the avi?

Please?

:D

swardboy
1/10/2008, 09:14 PM
Do Sooner fans turn out in droves and spend $'s? Yes, the Fiesta Bowl will invite us back!

Soonerus
1/10/2008, 09:36 PM
Sooners travel great, Fiesta would be happy to have them if they are lucky enough to get them...

illinisooner
1/10/2008, 09:48 PM
If we go back, Granger better get that warrant cleared up first. Having him being led off the field in handcuffs could be slightly embarassing.

Give Miami a call and ask them what to do in this situation; they should have plenty of experience with it.

OU_Sooners75
1/10/2008, 09:53 PM

Unless we make the Championship game, they kinda have to. That is a tie in for the Big 12 champ.

OU_Sooners75
1/10/2008, 09:54 PM
why do you think Illinois was in the rose bowl? Bowl tie-ins and conference max's are ridiculous!

That was the Rose Bowl's choice. They could have and they had the right to pick another top BCS Team, say Georgia.

stoopified
1/12/2008, 10:07 AM
I think we beat Wyoming (like a drum) in the 1976 Fiesta Bowl on Christmas Day.
Final score was 41-7.Fred Akers(former teamamte of Barrys at Ark. was coach).Akers went on to coach at UT where he was UT's second all time winningest coach behind Royal.Brown passed Akers as UT's second winningest coach afew years ago.I was a junior in high school that year and won a $10 bet with an osu friend(I gave 26 points).

bluedogok
1/12/2008, 11:37 AM
They have to unless another bowl steps up and offers to invite us and it is approved by all conf leaders or we are in the natl title game
I would think maybe for a third straight game they may agree to shift the bids around which they didn't want to do this year. I think even the Fiesta Bowl may be afraid of some bowl burnout by OU fans if they were to go to Glendale for a third straight year. I think they would be willing to swap teams if they felt they could get a good match up.

OU is 1-3 in Fiesta Bowls: SoonerStats - Fiesta Bowl (http://www.soonerstats.com/football/research/bowls.cfm?BowlID=5)

rubyspirit
1/12/2008, 11:50 PM
Doubt it ...

Crucifax Autumn
1/13/2008, 04:33 AM
Doesn't matter...we'll be in the BCS title game!

pott_2
1/13/2008, 04:59 AM
Do Sooner fans turn out in droves and spend $'s? Yes, the Fiesta Bowl will invite us back!

All the local businesses, except Burlington Coat Factory, loves the annual attention.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 06:06 PM
They'll win whatever bowl game their in next season